Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001246 times)

-Ric-

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.2]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #450 on: 2011-08-20 04:35:11 »
btw even if black chocobo cant edit psp saves directly.. its still possible to do by exporting the save on the psp with cwcheat plugin.. (requires custom firmware tho) and editing it then importing back with cwcheat again

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #451 on: 2011-08-20 05:03:58 »
just a little bump go check the first page BC 1.9.3 is out.

chevyrob

Re: [RELEASE v1.9.3]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #452 on: 2011-08-20 06:03:22 »
i just got my ps3. dont know how do anything on it. would like to play ff7 with cheats can some one help me step bye step. or if you know of a video on line that dose it. i read what u guys are say but dont know what it means

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2011-08-20 09:00:31 »
are you looking for event flags?

One of the final purposes of Black Chocobo is being able to edit every bit of the save map (it does already but some bytes are unknown yet), so yes that covers looking for event flags, item flags and everything that can be stored in the save file.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2011-08-20 10:25:12 »
i just got my ps3. dont know how do anything on it. would like to play ff7 with cheats can some one help me step bye step. or if you know of a video on line that dose it. i read what u guys are say but dont know what it means

read the topic man.. its not possible to edit PS3/PSP saves yet.. even if Black Chocobo can load them it cannot properly save  them duo to checksum.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #455 on: 2011-08-20 14:36:21 »
read the topic man.. its not possible to edit PS3/PSP saves yet.. even if Black Chocobo can load them it cannot properly save  them duo to checksum.
those saves can be loaded, but they can only be done copied back to the ps3 with the workaround i have provided on the FAQ. but it requires you have a few things like a ps2 that can run homebrew. you can't directly reimport any psv or vmp files that bc saves

f you know of a video on line that dose it.
maybe ill make one showing how to do it.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2011-08-20 15:10:41 »
if u want later tonight i can write a guide on how to edit PSP saves by using cwcheat plugin to export/import saves  :-D
(custom firmware ONLY)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #457 on: 2011-08-20 16:28:18 »
if u want later tonight i can write a guide on how to edit PSP saves by using cwcheat plugin to export/import saves  :-D
(custom firmware ONLY)
sure ill add it to the faq also.

chevyrob

« Reply #458 on: 2011-08-20 17:38:27 »
just got a ps3 have cd copies of ff7. can some one make a saved that is at the start of the game with  the best equips, all materia. i try the Ultimate Start Save but no fun would like a little cheat not all of it.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2011-08-21 01:14:15 »
sure ill add it to the faq also.

done, sent it to you by PM on forum  :P

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2011-08-21 10:46:46 »
I've tackled some of the 'random' vars and I found that z_8 values are a gameplay timer, (not sure why because black chocobo already has time editing capabilities) and the countdown timer, for example the bombing mission one.
The problem is that I edit the values in a save to make the counter display 5 mins instead of 8 and when I try it ingame it doesn't change. If I save on top of my edited save, the value turns back to 8. I guess other vars must be acting in order for that to work.
I also found that z_32 vars have to do with something about steps or how much you walked ingame because if you stand still they don't change but if you move they change proportionally. Still, I don't see the use in the game for that being recorded.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2011-08-21 14:16:45 »
Thanks for the update on 1.9.3 the the remove all materia is what i needed alot thanks again for this awesome tool :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #462 on: 2011-08-21 14:58:07 »
Thanks for the update on 1.9.3 the the remove all materia is what i needed alot thanks again for this awesome tool :)
Glad you like it.

im gonna put this here and ill add it also to the faq section of the wiki later on . ric sent me his method of getting saves back on his psp here you go

Quote from: -Ric-
How to edit your Final Fantasy 7 PSP save files with Black Chocobo (Custom Firmware only)

Requirements:

A Playstation Portable with custom firmware (i did the tests on 6.60 but it should work fine on any)
CWCHEAT plugin.
Usb cable/Memory Card reader (should be obvious why..)
Winrar (or any other extracting program)

HOW TO:

1st you need to download CWCHEAT.. You can use this link if you want just the plugin for the save editing: http://www.mediafire.com/?uz4fn4qvinwc748

Or you can use this one incase you want the full version of CWCHEAT which allows you to add/use cheat codes on playstation portable/playstation games: http://www.mediafire.com/?osxfb4i4s86406q

after the download is complete, connect your psp to the computer and go to: G:\seplugins
Note: its G:\ on my computer but it can be any other letter on yours.

Then extract the CWCHEAT file with winrar or any other program you chose to use, open the seplugins folder from the extracted archieve and you will have another folder called "cwcheat"
(which contains 3 folders and 4 files)

Move that cwcheat folder to the playstation memory card under the location mentioned before (G:\seplugins)

After that, on your seplugins folder in the PSP memory card, there should be a file called "pops.txt"
Open it on notepad and add this line to it: ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1
Exactly like that!

Now unplug the playstation portable from the computer and start Final Fantasy 7 on it

After the game is on the "New Game/Load Game" screen, Press and HOLD the select key for some seconds until a screen like this appears: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5EjlNYy8SjA/SXKIsBhPgtI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/1RJiNNltOtU/s320/cwcheat-01.jpg

Then click on "Manage Memory Cards"
and chose "Save memory card 1 to memory stick"

then you should see below "Last operation: OK!!"

now leave the cwcheat menu and exit the game.

Connect the psp to the computer again and open black chocobo
click on File>open and then chose the extracted save on your psp memory card that should be on E:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc

edit it however you wish and then File>Save on Black Chocobo.

unplug the PSP from the computer and run final fantasy 7 on it

Once again, when on the "New Game/Load Game" screen, hold the select key for a few seconds until the CWCHEAT shows up and go to Manage Memory Cards

Then click on "Load Memory Card 1 from memory stick" and the last operation should say OK!!

Exit the CWCHEAT menu, click on load game and voila, your edited save file will be there 

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #463 on: 2011-08-21 17:22:16 »
also for those of you who have questions about how to get files back on to a ps3 i made a video

http://www.youtube.com/user/sithlord48#p/a/u/0/XtyEMFjYWUI

Dreblin

« Reply #464 on: 2011-09-07 00:33:43 »
Been using this program for while now and I love it. I do have a question though. Can this program be used in anyway replace cloud as the party leader? I enjoy having a party without Cloud in it but his model always shows up on the world map and sometimes I can't see any model when on certain maps. Also, what exactly is the ID option supposed to be used for in the party tab?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #465 on: 2011-09-07 12:09:39 »
Been using this program for while now and I love it. I do have a question though. Can this program be used in anyway replace cloud as the party leader? I enjoy having a party without Cloud in it but his model always shows up on the world map and sometimes I can't see any model when on certain maps. Also, what exactly is the ID option supposed to be used for in the party tab?

you can do that. but if you do there are only 3 models that can show on the world map (cloud, tifa, and  cid) and the id option sets the chars id its only used for some chars. now go read the user guide cause its all there.

Dreblin

« Reply #466 on: 2011-09-11 16:12:38 »
I can't seem to get the sub to appear on my world map. I started a new game and then used the progression tool to jump ahead to disk 3. I can get the highwind to show up just fine but the sub is a different story. Any thoughts?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2011-09-11 22:21:05 »
We would be glad to help you if you had a legal copy of FF7 like pretty much everyone does.

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2011-09-18 12:28:33 »
Japanese language file for Black Chocobo
Black Chocobo Japanese language file

"About" Dialog remains as English.

I couldn't find this word.
<source>Qty</source> (Line 1530 in English.TS)
Where is it used?
I translated it as same as <source>QTY:</source> (Line 1534).
But depending on the place where it is used, I have to change my translation.

Japanese letters problem of file name and file path.
 - Black Chocobo installed path includes Japanese letter,
 - Opened file name or file path includes Japanese letter,
 - Saving file name or file path includes Japanese letter,
Black_Chocobo.exe crashes when saving file.
Crash Report

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #469 on: 2011-09-18 21:04:43 »
wow, that's wonderful asa thanks for the translation.

Ive added it to the svn and updated it,
please get the newest trunk  to keep it up to date if you would like.

"Qty" is an abbreviation for quantity please translate accordingly.

not sure why the crash when saving with japanese chars, since it saved the files correctly here and didn't crash(64-bit linux). i would be intrested to see how raw ff7 psx files are named in japanese so i can make the filter not hide them (assuming its not  from *-FF7*)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #470 on: 2011-09-18 21:16:44 »
wow, that's wonderful asa thanks for the translation.

Ive added it to the svn and updated it,
please get the newest trunk  to keep it up to date if you would like.

"Qty" is an abbreviation for quantity please translate accordingly.

not in the ts file is are the required strings

"Japanese"
"Language Changed"
"You Must Restart For The Language to Change"

not sure why the crash when saving with japanese chars, since it saved the files correctly here and didn't crash(64-bit linux). i would be intrested to see how raw ff7 psx files are named in japanese so i can make the filter not hide them (assuming its not  from *-FF7*)

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2011-09-20 11:49:26 »
Hello, I updated my file.
Black Chocobo JA 9 20

And, I added translation of "Language Changed" & "You Must Restart For The Language to Change".
But I don't know programming, text encoding UTF-8 no BOM is alright? Please check it.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #472 on: 2011-09-20 12:23:14 »
idk exactly how the text encoding is but when i add those strings they don't look correct at run time (bom or no bom) but show correctly when reading the code. i think may have to compile w/ wchar support or make the dialog translatable and added to the .ts file the down side is that the restart message will be in the current language instead of target language.   thanks for the update, currently in heavy development of theprogression tab and adding many check boxes, so there will be more to translate in the future. thanks again.

edit:: if possible please compile and check the language changed dialog to see if the substuited chars are correct (or are correct maybe on a ja system?) Never mind i fixed that
« Last Edit: 2011-09-21 01:27:47 by sithlord48 »

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2011-09-21 14:57:56 »
Thank you for your solving.
And please check French Dialog's title bar.
Maybe, same thing occurred.
French Dialog

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #474 on: 2011-09-21 16:04:13 »
Thank you for your solving.
And please check French Dialog's title bar.
Maybe, same thing occurred.
French Dialog

Fixed that , needs  a QString::fromUtf8() for any strings that show incorrectly , (has been fixed in trunk)