Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 528430 times)

MegaSmash185

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #850 on: 2015-11-29 15:13:52 »
Ok, i'm back with a question. My computer can run the mods but it lags like crazy, could this be because of my graphics card which is an NVIDIA GeForce 9200, or my processor which is a AMD Athlon II x2 255 Processor with 3.10 GHz? I wanna know if i could just get a new graphics card or if id have to get a new computer all together?

Phsi23

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2015-11-30 22:40:19 »
Please help me, I keep getting this error, and I saw you addressed it in the frequently encountered problems, but I cannot even open 7thHeaven without receiving this error which I can't fix cause I can't open it? What do I do?

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 49
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

EDIT: Apparently I only skimmed the FAQ section and saw how to delete the appdata.... I'm sorry.  I fixed it now and sorry for the idiocy.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-30 22:49:20 by Phsi23 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #852 on: 2015-12-01 05:44:18 »
Ooooh sounds good, any eta on that?

Also as a separate issue I'm getting that red message in game (music not being found or whatever). I've browsed through the comments and I haven't really found a fix that has worked for me. I have the vgmstream as the plugin but no dice. Is that simply because of not having the sounds and music mod?

This question is asked a lot actually. You didn't browse well enough :-P

I added a section in the FAQ on the first page for its fix. Go read and enjoy your game with music :)

Ok, i'm back with a question. My computer can run the mods but it lags like crazy, could this be because of my graphics card which is an NVIDIA GeForce 9200, or my processor which is a AMD Athlon II x2 255 Processor with 3.10 GHz? I wanna know if i could just get a new graphics card or if id have to get a new computer all together?

I'm not super tech savvy, but your GPU only has 256 MB of RAM. It could struggle the longer you play with a lot of texture mods being used. The problem I see though is that upgrading your GPU will only create a bottleneck from your CPU. I'd invest in a new computer tbh. The money spent on upgrading two parts can afford you a better computer all around. This game doesn't need super high end machines to run it, even with the mods.

MegaSmash185

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2015-12-01 07:25:24 »
Thanks, I was just looking for a second opinion, and your point's make sense. So new computer it is, Can't wait to be able to use the mods.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2015-12-01 10:56:02 »
Thanks, I was just looking for a second opinion, and your point's make sense. So new computer it is, Can't wait to be able to use the mods.

How much RAM has your system? I'm not entirely sure but 7th Heaven works by replacing files in the memory so its also possible that you have the bottleneck there. I would suggest to lower the memory for the textures in Aali's driver and see if it has an effect.

MegaSmash185

• View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 2015-12-01 16:08:38 »
I have 10 gb of ram with 9.75 gb usable. I should probably explain the lag more, I tried a few different things, not having texture mods on, and not having model mods on. The last thing i did was only have cheats on, yet it still lagged as much as before. It would lag more if i had it in full screen and less (though only a little less) when i had it in windowed mode. Guess i should have been more detailed when i first asked.

TrueGamingHQ

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2015-12-02 02:12:30 »
hey im new to the forums and i wanted to make an account to reply to your post but im getting a weird error in game saying that it cant load the movies from my disc i have the original pc 1998 disc brought from ebay :D and i turned them into .iso files my discs are located under the I bd drive but for some reason the game is refusing to access the movei files do i need to move then to the movie folder inside of the game folder that FF7 Game Converter created?
BTW I am using the movie mod

*EDIT*i fixed my problem like a dummy i told ff7 game converter that my movies were located inside the game folder so i just reran game converter and made it detect the right folder for my movies :D
« Last Edit: 2015-12-02 02:55:56 by TrueGamingHQ »

weltall

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 2015-12-02 19:41:23 »
I have 10 gb of ram with 9.75 gb usable. I should probably explain the lag more, I tried a few different things, not having texture mods on, and not having model mods on. The last thing i did was only have cheats on, yet it still lagged as much as before. It would lag more if i had it in full screen and less (though only a little less) when i had it in windowed mode. Guess i should have been more detailed when i first asked.

10GB? Does that means yoru rams are not paired to be alike? As in if you have 2 be 4+4 or if you have 4 rams 2+2+2+2? With 10 GB I do not think you are running your ram in dual channel, which will probably make your rams quite slower too. It happens when rams are not pairs together to be the same with each other.

As for your PC definitely GPU. CPU would mean you would have to take everything. Motherboard, CPU and rams. GPU can go by itself, not to mention at least for FF7 you do not need a good GPU.

Older games, meaning before 2008-10, did not ask much from CPU except the games that had real time shadows, which you could turn to low or off. So your CPU can make it if you do not play newer CPU intensive games. If you get a GPU though, do not get a really cheap one. I have a PC that has an inter that more or less has the same power as your Athlon and a good old GPU and it can play new games like SIMS 4 or whatnot.

Go here and check whats the cheapest best you can afford. Your current GPU is at the bottom of Low to Mid Range. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

MegaSmash185

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2015-12-03 04:35:05 »
For
10GB? Does that means yoru rams are not paired to be alike? As in if you have 2 be 4+4 or if you have 4 rams 2+2+2+2? With 10 GB I do not think you are running your ram in dual channel, which will probably make your rams quite slower too. It happens when rams are not pairs together to be the same with each other.

As for your PC definitely GPU. CPU would mean you would have to take everything. Motherboard, CPU and rams. GPU can go by itself, not to mention at least for FF7 you do not need a good GPU.

Older games, meaning before 2008-10, did not ask much from CPU except the games that had real time shadows, which you could turn to low or off. So your CPU can make it if you do not play newer CPU intensive games. If you get a GPU though, do not get a really cheap one. I have a PC that has an inter that more or less has the same power as your Athlon and a good old GPU and it can play new games like SIMS 4 or whatnot.

Go here and check whats the cheapest best you can afford. Your current GPU is at the bottom of Low to Mid Range. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

For your first question, i have no clue. I think it's two 4's but i could be wrong, I'm also not sure if their paired, is there a way to do that? My friend might know, he helped me switch the hard drive and ram from my newer computer (that pretty much sucked) to my old computer that i thought was broken (the one i'm using now) and go back to windows 7 because 8/8.1 sucked, and now i have windows 10.

As for changing everything to upgrade cpu, i figured as much but the game itself runs fine, I even manually switched out the music_ogg folder with the remastered version and have had no problems. It only lags when 7th heaven is modding it, It's very possible i did something wrong or maybe there's a setting i could change or something.

The other games i have are system shock 2, soul reaver 1 and 2 and legacy of kain defiance, i have modded defiance and the only thing that happens is it takes longer to start the game up, after it starts it runs fine.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2015-12-03 04:50:14 »
7H mods the game through memory injection, so it could be your RAM/vRAM issues. I honestly can't recommend anything without feeling I may waste your money because I've never used it with a computer that slow. Everything I or my husband has is fairly modern (within 5 years) and runs 7H fine.

Sorry I can't be of more help :|

MegaSmash185

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 2015-12-03 06:14:15 »
7H mods the game through memory injection, so it could be your RAM/vRAM issues. I honestly can't recommend anything without feeling I may waste your money because I've never used it with a computer that slow. Everything I or my husband has is fairly modern (within 5 years) and runs 7H fine.

Sorry I can't be of more help :|

No prob, I've been planing on having my friend help me build a new computer. I can probably start getting the parts slowly soon, other then a good graphics card, what would i need to be able to be able to run more recent games at higher settings (not max settings, though that would be nice in the future)?

Xeye

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2015-12-03 08:34:03 »
Hi EQ2Alyza,

Can you check this please: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16483.0

I really need your help/advice. :cry:

Shamsy

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2015-12-03 09:23:18 »
Hey so I got all the mods installed now, but the game simply isn't booting at all from the launcher.

It briefly flashes and then closes, no error messages or anything

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2015-12-03 10:44:57 »
Post your APP.log. You probably need to run the game converter again and choose the overwrite option.

firerebel

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 2015-12-03 20:32:20 »
Is there any way to use a newer mod version like say new threat 1.35 with 7th heaven? Or is there only to wait for a catalog update? I tried the obvious and it resulted in wrong mobs in battle bug.

IIIIIiiii found an updated IRO from segaguy on insanedifficulty! :)
« Last Edit: 2015-12-04 13:47:15 by firerebel »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2015-12-03 23:17:53 »
Hey so I got all the mods installed now, but the game simply isn't booting at all from the launcher.

It briefly flashes and then closes, no error messages or anything

Sounds daft but have you in the config in the sound tab pointed to your sound device. When I could not launch the game it was because I did not config the sound device.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: 2015-12-04 07:30:34 »
Yes, that is exactly my thoughts and why I suggested to run the game converter again and choose overwrite. It will open up FF7Config during it and you need to check your sound device that it isn't empty.

TrueShadow64

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2015-12-06 05:02:55 »
i have figured almost everything out now, however when i try to run my game with the menu overhaul mod my game crashes every single time. everything else works and all the other mods work that i am aware of. is menu overhaul broken? or is there something that i am missing?

Xeye

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2015-12-06 16:22:10 »
i have figured almost everything out now, however when i try to run my game with the menu overhaul mod my game crashes every single time. everything else works and all the other mods work that i am aware of. is menu overhaul broken? or is there something that i am missing?

I think you have the same issue as me: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16483.0

TrueShadow64

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2015-12-06 20:12:26 »
ya, seems like we have the same issue. was there ever a solution to this problem? i noticed on the read me it says "1998 version only" but then i noticed Elyza say that shouldn't even matter, so now i am baffled what the problem is.

Xeye

• View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 2015-12-07 01:52:32 »
was there ever a solution to this problem?

Nope, not yet.

I'm waiting for EQ2Alyza, maybe she can find what's wrong after checking the log.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 2015-12-07 23:25:28 »
Hello Guys, im new to this forum, i only recently found out of ff7 remake for pc and decided to replay them b4 the remake arrives. Now Ive tested the 1998 pc version and it works but i want to buy full 2012 Square Enix version. Ive found 2 sites to buy but im having trouble buying it. The first site

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-VII.php

doesnt have serbia in the list of countries, and the second one

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-VII.php

says "Steam key issued upon purchase. Activate via your Steam account."
Ive read somewhere that steam is bad and unreliable and that i would depend on their servers to validate the game every time via net or smtn etc... and that i should buy directly from SE. probably read it somewhere on this forum or on the net. maybe...?

Anyone has some other way/site to buy a pc copy 2012 w direct pc download? wo steam stuff. Id really like to play again especialy as Alyzas v2.0 is comming out soon. Thx Alyza for beautiful work!

Edit: oh yeah iirc SE version is DRM free so no fusses like with steam. thats why, but please enlighten me if you guys have some better info. thx in advance!

PS Im having trouble making Media - music working. 1998 version. 1.49 7H. 0.7.1b aalis. sounds are ok, movies i just extract and copy into movies folder respecting original file names, but music doesnt work. heres app.log:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel 945GM 1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 800x600, output resolution 800x600, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled

and heres message info:     https://app.box.com/s/waxvbkrrudbnd6gae1i9nwjok75clzkb

any help?
« Last Edit: 2015-12-07 23:38:11 by lionheart82 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2015-12-07 23:37:42 »
They only sell the Steam version now, as far as I know. The previous 2012 version used SecuROM, which had a 3-activation limit and was much worse than Steam's DRM by a mile; even if they still sold it I wouldn't recommend it.

I have never had any trouble with Steam, that's the version I use. If Steam sells in Serbia (check their website at steampowered.com ) I would recommend buying from there.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2015-12-07 23:50:31 »
Jeesus holy @#$@%$@ smoke, dont answer so fast, i almost had a heart attack!  :-o thx for lightning speed reply. ;-)
Well your reply is the correct version of what i read i think. Ill see steam then.

Bought from SE after all, but still verified through steam no pro, forget all those 1998 problems, starting fresh!  :evil: 8)
« Last Edit: 2015-12-08 00:39:20 by lionheart82 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 2015-12-08 04:08:30 »
Hello Guys, im new to this forum, i only recently found out of ff7 remake for pc and decided to replay them b4 the remake arrives. Now Ive tested the 1998 pc version and it works but i want to buy full 2012 Square Enix version. Ive found 2 sites to buy but im having trouble buying it. The first site

doesnt have serbia in the list of countries, and the second one

says "Steam key issued upon purchase. Activate via your Steam account."
Ive read somewhere that steam is bad and unreliable and that i would depend on their servers to validate the game every time via net or smtn etc... and that i should buy directly from SE. probably read it somewhere on this forum or on the net. maybe...?

Anyone has some other way/site to buy a pc copy 2012 w direct pc download? wo steam stuff. Id really like to play again especialy as Alyzas v2.0 is comming out soon. Thx Alyza for beautiful work!

Edit: oh yeah iirc SE version is DRM free so no fusses like with steam. thats why, but please enlighten me if you guys have some better info. thx in advance!

PS Im having trouble making Media - music working. 1998 version. 1.49 7H. 0.7.1b aalis. sounds are ok, movies i just extract and copy into movies folder respecting original file names, but music doesnt work. heres app.log:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel 945GM 1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 800x600, output resolution 800x600, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled

and heres message info:     https://app.box.com/s/waxvbkrrudbnd6gae1i9nwjok75clzkb

any help?

Aali's v0.7.11b is not used with this tutorial setup. You need to use the Game Converter from STEP 1 to get the correct Aali's driver.