Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839458 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9)
« Reply #10100 on: 2020-08-07 23:43:58 »
The instructions for snowboarding from the NPC in Icicle Inn have pop-up windows that overlap. It's probably an issue with the base game, but is it possible to move the windows? Screenshot of overlapping windows: https://prnt.sc/tvzyi6

Thank you again!

I can probably sort that out, wonder how it happened. Maybe I moved one of them at some point?

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: 2020-08-08 00:03:50 »
The chance is the same as added effect so about 12ish% The wiki says 20% but not sure if that's the legit value as I've gotten bad info from there in the past.
Huh. that's a pretty low chance to land it. Though it makes sense to be so low considering it's a free Barrier=Added Effect.

By the way, has Cait's Lv.1-3 Limit been removed? or was that another mislabeled "use Limit Lv.12-2" count to unlock it? Because I've used Cait's Transform limit a little over 10 times by now, and still no Lv.1-3 Limit.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: 2020-08-08 00:10:16 »
Huh. that's a pretty low chance to land it. Though it makes sense to be so low considering it's a free Barrier=Added Effect.

By the way, has Cait's Lv.1-3 Limit been removed? or was that another mislabeled "use Limit Lv.12-2" count to unlock it? Because I've used Cait's Transform limit a little over 10 times by now, and still no Lv.1-3 Limit.

The 1-3 was removed yeah, it broke Slots for some reason. I think the installer docs still mentioned it as being an available Limit, so that should be gone from next update.

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.8)
« Reply #10103 on: 2020-08-08 01:09:18 »
I'll review the Hard mode setup for a 2.1 update in the future.

Nice :) In terms of keeping the balance until the end of the game, increasing the enemy level probably makes sense. By decreasing the ammount of EXP, the lvl gap just keeps getting wider and wider. Hardcore players might enjoy that, but probably not most. No gil from enemies is interesting, but there would have to be some other way to earn it.

I believe the most simple option for 2.1 is to add "handicaps" instead of just a difficulty mode with predetermined conditions. Like this:
A toggle for 1.5x enemies.
A toggle for Half EXP.
A toggle for No Gil.

So far enjoying the mod! Thank you so much for your dedication.

chimaerath

• View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: 2020-08-08 02:29:27 »
1) Can you revise the Items & Materia Placements document for the 1/35 Soldier Location:
6) Great Glacier, Far-East Cave
I found it in the west cave (base game has an Elixir)

2) Is it intended that the Sell price for a Mastered Reflect materia is 4,127,345,136?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-08 17:17:51 by chimaerath »

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: 2020-08-08 03:21:01 »
A previous poster mentioned Corel Sand Worms using Earthquake on themselves when out of MP, and the same thing happens if you cast Berserk onto a Mideel Sea Worm. It's a pretty efficient and safe way to grind right after getting Tiny Bronco access, but probably not the intended behavior :)

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: 2020-08-08 17:15:21 »
Upon feeding the Silver Chocobo on the glacier a Zeio nut, a battle with a Nibel Dragon starts, the textbox after the fight mentions a Chokhmabo instead.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: 2020-08-08 17:55:52 »
Nice :) In terms of keeping the balance until the end of the game, increasing the enemy level probably makes sense. By decreasing the ammount of EXP, the lvl gap just keeps getting wider and wider. Hardcore players might enjoy that, but probably not most. No gil from enemies is interesting, but there would have to be some other way to earn it.

I believe the most simple option for 2.1 is to add "handicaps" instead of just a difficulty mode with predetermined conditions. Like this:
A toggle for 1.5x enemies.
A toggle for Half EXP.
A toggle for No Gil.

So far enjoying the mod! Thank you so much for your dedication.

Maybe; a possibility is upping the EXP given while also adding extra parameters, attacks, and behaviour to the enemies on hard mode which would probably make for a more interesting experience.

1) Can you revise the Items & Materia Placements document for the 1/35 Soldier Location:I found it in the west cave (base game has an Elixir)

2) Is it intended that the Sell price for a Mastered Reflect materia is 4,127,345,136?

Thank you.

A previous poster mentioned Corel Sand Worms using Earthquake on themselves when out of MP, and the same thing happens if you cast Berserk onto a Mideel Sea Worm. It's a pretty efficient and safe way to grind right after getting Tiny Bronco access, but probably not the intended behavior :)

Upon feeding the Silver Chocobo on the glacier a Zeio nut, a battle with a Nibel Dragon starts, the textbox after the fight mentions a Chokhmabo instead.

Thanks for letting me know, I've got them sorted for the next patch (2.0.10).

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: 2020-08-08 18:03:35 »
Have you decreased chance for Odin to use sword attack on regular enemies?

So Astral Curtain is the Item you get for reading all 6 turtle paradise notes?
« Last Edit: 2020-08-08 18:46:42 by boozek »

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: 2020-08-08 18:27:08 »

I don't believe Odin's Instant-Death gimmick was changed.

If not then it means you were fighting an enemy with immunity to Instant-Death. Odin will never use his sword if there's a mob with immunity iirc.

But good 'ole Sega will be able to provide better information.

DefMettle

• He who shouts loudest can only hear his own voice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10110 on: 2020-08-08 19:12:16 »
In Kalm there is a house with a dog behind a door. softlocks if you open door.

edit - just tried to replicate this many times but couldn't. maybe issue with base game
« Last Edit: 2020-08-08 19:15:52 by DefMettle »

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: 2020-08-08 19:43:02 »
Hi sega chief! two questions
first, through 7th heaven the game isnt updating to 2.0.9 so i guess i just have to wait or there seems to be a problem?

Also another question: would you mind explaining to me the new yuffie ability? im already in gold saucer so i couldnt managed to know yuffie new innate ability.

Thanks for the mod again <3

colbym72

• View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: 2020-08-08 20:44:04 »
During the Cave of Gia boss fight, when I beat the boss, it goes to the experience screen and when I leave it, I instantly get put into the original boss fight. Is this intentional?

chimaerath

• View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: 2020-08-08 20:49:20 »
Also another question: would you mind explaining to me the new yuffie ability? im already in gold saucer so i couldnt managed to know yuffie new innate ability.
Yuffie's innate as described in the Balancing Documentation file:
If attacked physically while in the front row, she will counter with Mug. One enemy in the battle will have their given Gil doubled. After 15 turns have passed, Yuffie's Throwlette will charge and will throw a random shuriken weapon at an enemy when Defend is used (or if already Defending).
As far as I can tell, the Mug counter is consistent, the Throwlette's randomly chosen (Yuffie) weapon determines how much attack power it does, and Throwlette does not use up the weapon. I heard there are issues with the double Gil dropped in Hard Mode; I'm not sure if Sega was able to fix that in a recent patch.

Sega, separate questions (Type A playthrough):

Spoiler: show
Why does Aeris suggest going to Icicle Inn after gaining control of the Highwind? I spent several minutes looking around the buildings in Icicle Inn to no avail: all the NPCs start pointing you to Mideel. Is it solely just to direct you to some NPCs that start talking about Mideel? Because RED XIII already does that, by suggesting you speak to his grandfather, so I don't see the point of being directed to Icicle Inn and Cosmo Canyon. Same with after Mideel is destroyed: Aeris asks to go to Nibelheim to find out what happened to Zack, but I tried talking to the cylinders (which normally triggers the cutscene that reveals what happened to Cloud and Zack before arrival in Midgard) and nothing happened. If the cutscene is meant to trigger later (which is what I assume happens, since I'm not up to there yet), why not have her ask you later?

Are the pianos in Nibelheim working properly? For the one in Tifa's house, when "Aww I forgot" is selected, the text appears, but there doesn't seem to be any Cloud animation or sound when I try pressing keys with Cloud. Plus, when I end it with Start, I always get the same prompt that 'it sounds familiar'. When "I remember" is selected, no text appears (not even the "Press Start to end" like in the base game), Cloud moves when keys are pressed, but no sound plays. The piano in Shinra Mansion also seems identical to the "I remember" option: the text appears, Cloud does not move when keys are pressed, and I don't seem to hear any sound.

I haven't been able to consistently reproduce this, but in two separate instances when Cid used his 3-2 Limit Break "Big Brawl", the animation played, but no numbers appeared, and I couldn't tell if damage was done. Once was during the Fort Condor final battle (with the CMD. Grand Horn, or whatever his NT name is), and immediately after the cast, the monster used Grand Attack, and the battle ended with no EXP/AP/Gil/Drops. The other time was during the Ultimate Weapon fight in Mideel (couldn't Sense to confirm HP, and upon reloading the game to fight again, the next time I used Big Brawl, it worked fine). Is my game just acting up?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2020-08-08 20:58:13 by chimaerath »

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: 2020-08-08 21:08:53 »
Rude and Reno seems to be missing from the Sunken Gelnika, Type B

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: 2020-08-08 21:59:51 »

So Astral Curtain is the Item you get for reading all 6 turtle paradise notes?

Odin will only use the Sword Attack if there are enemies in the formation that are vulnerable to KO. Astral Curtain is the item for the 6 flyers.

In Kalm there is a house with a dog behind a door. softlocks if you open door.

edit - just tried to replicate this many times but couldn't. maybe issue with base game

It's a base game issue; I deactivated the dog's contact radius, but will just set the player to regain control the second they open the door as well so that no further risk of softlock can occur.

Hi sega chief! two questions
first, through 7th heaven the game isnt updating to 2.0.9 so i guess i just have to wait or there seems to be a problem?

Thanks for the mod again <3

If auto-update doesn't work, remove the IRO from your list then re-download. If problem persists then remove and then go to FF7/mods folder, go into the 7h folder, and remove the IRO manually from there. Then import the IRO either from catalog or the direct download link from front of this thread if catalog isn't working properly.

After a while in battle, a message will appear saying that Throwlette has charged. Use Defend and she'll use the Throw command with one of her weapons at random; this doesn't consume a weapon to use and can include weapons you haven't found yet. It's the equivalent of a strong physical attack every so often.

During the Cave of Gia boss fight, when I beat the boss, it goes to the experience screen and when I leave it, I instantly get put into the original boss fight. Is this intentional?

No, it needs to jump past the Type A battle ID in the script but is probably missing this jump; will add.

Sega, separate questions (Type A playthrough):

Why does Aeris suggest going to Icicle Inn after gaining control of the Highwind? I spent several minutes looking around the buildings in Icicle Inn to no avail: all the NPCs start pointing you to Mideel. Is it solely just to direct you to some NPCs that start talking about Mideel? Because RED XIII already does that, by suggesting you speak to his grandfather, so I don't see the point of being directed to Icicle Inn and Cosmo Canyon. Same with after Mideel is destroyed: Aeris asks to go to Nibelheim to find out what happened to Zack, but I tried talking to the cylinders (which normally triggers the cutscene that reveals what happened to Cloud and Zack before arrival in Midgard) and nothing happened. If the cutscene is meant to trigger later (which is what I assume happens, since I'm not up to there yet), why not have her ask you later?

Are the pianos in Nibelheim working properly? For the one in Tifa's house, when "Aww I forgot" is selected, the text appears, but there doesn't seem to be any Cloud animation or sound when I try pressing keys with Cloud. Plus, when I end it with Start, I always get the same prompt that 'it sounds familiar'. When "I remember" is selected, no text appears (not even the "Press Start to end" like in the base game), Cloud moves when keys are pressed, but no sound plays. The piano in Shinra Mansion also seems identical to the "I remember" option: the text appears, Cloud does not move when keys are pressed, and I don't seem to hear any sound.

I haven't been able to consistently reproduce this, but in two separate instances when Cid used his 3-2 Limit Break "Big Brawl", the animation played, but no numbers appeared, and I couldn't tell if damage was done. Once was during the Fort Condor final battle (with the CMD. Grand Horn, or whatever his NT name is), and immediately after the cast, the monster used Grand Attack, and the battle ended with no EXP/AP/Gil/Drops. The other time was during the Ultimate Weapon fight in Mideel (couldn't Sense to confirm HP, and upon reloading the game to fight again, the next time I used Big Brawl, it worked fine). Is my game just acting up?

Thank you!

So when Cloud goes missing, the game doesn't directly tell you where to go right away as the characters wouldn't have any knowledge of Mideel. So instead, they recommend you visit certain areas; Icicle Inn being one of them as it is the closest habitable place to the Crater. When you get there, near enough everyone talks about going to an island in the south where it's warmer. Another potential lead to Mideel is Bugenhagen's Observatory; if you head there and talk to Bugen you get a conversation with him where he points you toward Mideel. I decided to keep the dialogue pointing you to Icicle + Cosmo for info leading to Mideel as this is what the base game did (I think).

I'll move the trigger for that scene in Shinra Mansion earlier to coincide with it. I'll restore the original scripts for the piano in Tifa's House, but the Shinra Mansion piano should still be fine as it wasn't changed from 1.5. Will investigate it.

Big Brawl is a driver-related (or perhaps animation-file related) base-game issue and will frequently not register numbers to the screen. While damage is still calculated normally behind the scenes, any enemies killed in this fashion won't red-out and will instead stay present on the screen.

Rude and Reno seems to be missing from the Sunken Gelnika, Type B

I think I set them to not appear, but never got round to replacing it with something or having an encounter appear elsewhere to make up for it. I'll set them to be there for the time being.

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: 2020-08-08 23:19:50 »
A question about the boss fight in cosmo canyon

i beat the gi giant then immediately fought gi nattak, is this intended? or i had to just fight teh gi giant? thsi is story b 2.0.8

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: 2020-08-08 23:25:01 »
I'm on Disc 2 (Type B) and returned to the Silver Chocobo for W-Item. I got 1 of each nut & green and fed it to him, but didn't get the materia.
For those wondering, here's a list what everything does:

Sylkis G. - free pass
Reagan G. - change a name of a character
Mimett - become Chocobo
Curiel G. - Party HP = 1
Pahsana G. - Choco reveals a secret text
Tantal G. - alternate animations
Krakka G. - warp out of the glacier
Gysahl G. - free pass

Zeio N. - Chokhmabo fight
Carob N. - get cheese, except no
Porov N. - warp to Alexander Materia cave
Pram N. - lose 1000gil
Lasan N. - materia shuffle
Saraha N. - witness its dance
Luchile N. - Choco flies!
Pepio N. - free pass

Save for testing: https://mega.nz/file/6MRGjQqT#dCveKmDIm5GccVI89ga_cyagb3WbMD3wRYMcD5natWk
« Last Edit: 2020-08-08 23:27:52 by hg8000 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: 2020-08-08 23:32:46 »
A question about the boss fight in cosmo canyon

i beat the gi giant then immediately fought gi nattak, is this intended? or i had to just fight teh gi giant? thsi is story b 2.0.8

As above, the script is missing a jump and is triggering both fights. It'll be patched in the next update.

I'm on Disc 2 (Type B) and returned to the Silver Chocobo for W-Item. I got 1 of each nut & green and fed it to him, but didn't get the materia.
For those wondering, here's a list what everything does:

Sylkis G. - free pass
Reagan G. - change a name of a character
Mimett - become Chocobo
Curiel G. - Party HP = 1
Pahsana G. - Choco reveals a secret text
Tantal G. - alternate animations
Krakka G. - warp out of the glacier
Gysahl G. - free pass

Zeio N. - Chokhmabo fight
Carob N. - get cheese, except no
Porov N. - warp to Alexander Materia cave
Pram N. - lose 1000gil
Lasan N. - materia shuffle
Saraha N. - witness its dance
Luchile N. - Choco flies!
Pepio N. - free pass

Save for testing: https://mega.nz/file/6MRGjQqT#dCveKmDIm5GccVI89ga_cyagb3WbMD3wRYMcD5natWk

Sylkis is supposed to give W-Item; I think another user mentioned getting it, so the var is perhaps double-booked. I'll change the var handling it if this is the case.

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: 2020-08-08 23:42:50 »
Sylkis is supposed to give W-Item; I think another user mentioned getting it, so the var is perhaps double-booked. I'll change the var handling it if this is the case.
Got it myself on a Type A playthrough, which is why I was confused in the first place. Back then I was on Disc 1, on the first visit of the glacier if that helps narrowing it down.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: 2020-08-09 00:45:38 »
Just finished A Mode's Disc 1, I think this version of the Jenova Life fight is my favorite across the mods I've played. It was also the first fight I had trouble with going in blind, then I brought DeBarrier and Silence to stop zombie-Aerith from casting and it was all good.

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: 2020-08-09 01:46:44 »
Type B :

The fight against 2 presidential guards is immediately followed with Palmer, not sure if intended.
Also, I morphed 2 Shinra Alphas from the guards... they look like endgame armors.

Doc says Aqualung is from desert Harpy, but it's actually from Adamantaimai.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-09 02:04:41 by Berub »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: 2020-08-09 02:19:46 »
Got it myself on a Type A playthrough, which is why I was confused in the first place. Back then I was on Disc 1, on the first visit of the glacier if that helps narrowing it down.

It turned out to be double-booked variables.

Just finished A Mode's Disc 1, I think this version of the Jenova Life fight is my favorite across the mods I've played. It was also the first fight I had trouble with going in blind, then I brought DeBarrier and Silence to stop zombie-Aerith from casting and it was all good.

Glad to hear that you liked it.

Type B :

The fight against 2 presidential guards is immediately followed with Palmer, not sure if intended.
Also, I morphed 2 Shinra Alphas from the guards... they look like endgame armors.

Doc says Aqualung is from desert Harpy, but it's actually from Adamantaimai.

I think that's intended for Palmer to follow, unlike the Cave of the Gi. I think I can live with the Shinra Alpha being acquirable there on Type B, but only just.

Aqualung can be learned from Harpy also, not just Adamantaimai. I tried to list locations that were either earliest and/or revisitable.

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: 2020-08-09 02:41:02 »
Type B :

Since there's no fight against Materia Keeper, is there somewhere else we can get Trine before Crater Dragons? Unless the boss is elsewhere.

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: 2020-08-09 04:20:28 »
I dont know if you know already but just in case
When fighting airbuster in story B in the nibel mountain, i had to fight it twice due to the model staying in the map. After beating it twice, the model dissapeared and i got twice SP bonus for it