Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838758 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0)
« Reply #9875 on: 2020-07-29 12:27:41 »
Hey there Sega, thought I'd let you know there's a softlock involving the Chocobo Captain after the train, not sure what caused it. Was playing Hard Mode so if he had any unique attacks to that mode that might narrow it down. There's no name for the attack, the camera just pans from the chocobo to the target (Tifa in this case) and hangs.

Is that with the latest versions? A fix for this should be in the current files.

On the beaches of the Icicle Area there is a giant bird enemy that crashes the game at the start of the encounter. In 1.5 they were called Zuul I believe?
Save: https://mega.nz/file/7ZxFCZCB#A89quwnJ5Q0bXRW4uqwhXx0KsSVgWOMJx5XOwr42BcM
FFNx.log: https://pastebin.com/SAUUGjuE

Should I keep reporting bugs like these one by one or should I simply post all that I've found at the end of the day? I feel like I'm spamming this topic with these a bit, and pushing patches to fix one bug doesn't feel great.

Tonadu or maybe Hurricanu; I've double-checked their AI, attacks, etc. and think it was Tonadu. I'm fine with either bugs being reported when found or stored up and reported all together.

Going forward, I'm going to wait until the end of each day before putting a patche together so that fixes for all reported problems go into the files at the same time. I think that works out better for everyone as the versioning gets a bit confusing. Then later on when bug reports start to dry up I'll move that to once a week.

For now, this is what I'm sitting on:
Code: [Select]
*) Reactor 5: Steal rates adjusted
*) Yuffie Innate: Flag set to counter the previous physical attacker
*) Gorki: Adjusted parameters of the fight; can now be targeted with Magic, and is not immune to Gravity
*) Tonadu: Defined a var at start of fight for random checks, re-checked attacks are set
*) Enemies: Added Hard Mode AI script to several world map enemies
*) Beginner's Hall: A loop error on one of the kid's scripts was removed.
*) Shinra HQ: Added a gil check to the vending machine on floor 64.
*) Kalm: When opening the closet, the dog can become trapped on the player causing a softlock (vanilla)
« Last Edit: 2020-07-29 12:48:53 by Sega Chief »

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: 2020-07-29 13:18:39 »
Yo, playing through 1.5 right now on arrange mode and wondering if something's messed up since I've blown a lot of time trying to morph some latest bosses but haven't gotten anything as a result. I successfully morph-killed the X-ATM in the Shinra tower, Motorball and the Jormungand serpent thingy in Junon, but all of them died with the regular animation and gave no morph loot, so is this intended? I remember it said in the documentation that bosses could be morphed for good stuff early on.

On another note, what would you say are the biggest, or most noticeable, differences between 1.5 and 2.0? Is it actual content such as new scenes, bosses and whatnot, or changes to make the combat more strategic, or something else? I'm hesitant to start a new playthrough as I'm pretty far along 1.5 already..

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: 2020-07-29 13:53:51 »
FF7 NT 2.0 is now releasing. I'll be updating the front page of this thread over the next hour or so. Bug reports and the like are appreciated, especially at this early juncture. Uprisen (a twitch streamer) did a full playthrough over the last week with me watching and repairing bugs as they appeared so it should be ready to go. But there's always a chance stuff crept in afterwards or that problems were missed so let me know if you find any.

IRO (for 7th Heaven Mod Loader)
https://mega.nz/file/60UmiS6I#w7qsgIvCjyRfcdPiQ86RBkHFI-DWE-XF1izp52ixsGg

Reunion (For Reunion)
https://mega.nz/file/HsEE3ICT#kX2fAJvDorpr0paNhwDOTiwViRJffZ1wXKMI8yEeu_8

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/60EiBCSY#Iyf-edpGMM2SVc6zXnIa5bIbERv0JLOh3qMxWCXiG3c

Documentation
https://mega.nz/file/LxMQRQ4J#XnMyYgoXqAknsMB-9CTtxAjRHBHsVj8YJ5VUxg56g2M

Congratulations on the release, Chief! I'm looking forward to playing it later this year.

So... does that mean that FF8 New Threat will be getting some attention in the near future? :)

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: 2020-07-29 18:02:12 »
There seems to be an encounter with a pterodactyl-like enemy in the Great Glacier, the open field where the cave with the 'All' Materia is located, that crashes the game at the start of battle. Just lost a good chunk of progress thanks to that.
MP Turbo is also listed as located in the Great Glacier, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Spoiler: show
Is it a trade from the Chocobo? Having access to W-Item this early also feels... interesting

Also, is there a way to save Aerith in Mode A? Kind of hoped I'd get her for having flower girl survive the fight, but it seems I just cheated myself out of a ribbon.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: 2020-07-29 19:18:22 »
Yo, playing through 1.5 right now on arrange mode and wondering if something's messed up since I've blown a lot of time trying to morph some latest bosses but haven't gotten anything as a result. I successfully morph-killed the X-ATM in the Shinra tower, Motorball and the Jormungand serpent thingy in Junon, but all of them died with the regular animation and gave no morph loot, so is this intended? I remember it said in the documentation that bosses could be morphed for good stuff early on.

On another note, what would you say are the biggest, or most noticeable, differences between 1.5 and 2.0? Is it actual content such as new scenes, bosses and whatnot, or changes to make the combat more strategic, or something else? I'm hesitant to start a new playthrough as I'm pretty far along 1.5 already..

I'd need to check the bosses in 1.5, Motorball I thought had a Morph but perhaps the arrange mode variant doesn't have one. I'll add a morph to each one.

2.0 is a rebuild so the balancing is done differently, and the bosses are closer to their vanilla variants in terms of attacks/themes (for instance, Schizo using fire/ice and other elemental attacks instead of the physical/magical theme in 1.5). There are some new scenes added, but some content like dark cave was removed.

Congratulations on the release, Chief! I'm looking forward to playing it later this year.

So... does that mean that FF8 New Threat will be getting some attention in the near future? :)

It's next on the list.

There seems to be an encounter with a pterodactyl-like enemy in the Great Glacier, the open field where the cave with the 'All' Materia is located, that crashes the game at the start of battle. Just lost a good chunk of progress thanks to that.
MP Turbo is also listed as located in the Great Glacier, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Is it a trade from the Chocobo? Having access to W-Item this early also feels... interesting

Also, is there a way to save Aerith in Mode A? Kind of hoped I'd get her for having flower girl survive the fight, but it seems I just cheated myself out of a ribbon.

I checked the Lessaloploth entry that's used on the white area, but it seems to be fine data-wise and in-battle I saw all of its attacks coming out the way they should. If it was a hard crash then it may have been something to do with the game client itself. If it was a soft-lock though (when the game continues running but have no control over it) then that tends to be something on my end.

MP Turbo is erroneously listed as the Great Glacier I've noticed, when it is actually Gaea's Cliffs; Schizo will leave it behind once defeated. I'll correct it in the notes.

The Aeris thing should work on Type A but it sounds like it didn't and I think I know why. It's because of the hard mode toggle. Aeris can be activated/deactivated however from an NPC on the Highwind (near the Operations Room + Chocobo Pen) as a debug routine. If you'd rather have her earlier, I can alter your save file to turn on the required variable if you send it across to me.

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: 2020-07-29 19:57:57 »
I checked the Lessaloploth entry that's used on the white area, but it seems to be fine data-wise and in-battle I saw all of its attacks coming out the way they should. If it was a hard crash then it may have been something to do with the game client itself. If it was a soft-lock though (when the game continues running but have no control over it) then that tends to be something on my end.

MP Turbo is erroneously listed as the Great Glacier I've noticed, when it is actually Gaea's Cliffs; Schizo will leave it behind once defeated. I'll correct it in the notes.

The Aeris thing should work on Type A but it sounds like it didn't and I think I know why. It's because of the hard mode toggle. Aeris can be activated/deactivated however from an NPC on the Highwind (near the Operations Room + Chocobo Pen) as a debug routine. If you'd rather have her earlier, I can alter your save file to turn on the required variable if you send it across to me.

Checked it again, seems it was a fluke. I think I'll give some of my other team members time to shine and enable her myself when I reach the Highwind, I tend to swap party members way too infrequently anyways. Thanks for the offer regardless.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.2)
« Reply #9881 on: 2020-07-29 23:04:38 »
v2.0.2 is now up for all variants.

v2.0.2 - 29/07/2020
*) Reactor 5: Steal rates adjusted
*) Yuffie Innate: Flag set to counter the previous physical attacker
*) Gorki: Adjusted parameters of the fight; can now be targeted with Magic, and is not immune to Gravity
*) Tonadu: Defined a var at start of fight for random checks, re-checked attacks are set
*) Enemies: Added Hard Mode AI script to several world map enemies
*) Beginner's Hall: A loop error on one of the kid's scripts was removed.
*) Shinra HQ: Added a gil check to the vending machine on floor 64.
*) Kalm: When opening the closet, the dog can become trapped on the player causing a softlock (vanilla).
*) Jenova LIFE: Fixed a check that the Hard Mode toggle interferes with.
*) MP Turbo: Location corrected in the documentation.
*) Sector 5 Slums: Adjusted dialogue of NPC.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: 2020-07-30 00:49:25 »
I haven't updated to 2.0.2 yet, but I've reached Gongaga with only one minor thing to report:
Cait Sith's MP Regen seems to sometimes affect party members too. I can't remember if this is what the game said to do this from the ingame Beginner's Hall info on Innates & Cait's Innate Info pop-up when he joins, but I figured I should report that it happens sometimes, most notably while he's defending.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: 2020-07-30 02:46:23 »
New Threat v2.0 is finally a thing? :O

Slowly but surely.

I haven't updated to 2.0.2 yet, but I've reached Gongaga with only one minor thing to report:
Cait Sith's MP Regen seems to sometimes affect party members too. I can't remember if this is what the game said to do this from the ingame Beginner's Hall info on Innates & Cait's Innate Info pop-up when he joins, but I figured I should report that it happens sometimes, most notably while he's defending.

He passively regens MP for himself, but when Defending it extends a stronger MP regen effect to both himself and his allies (+10 MP to everyone per post-action tick).

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: 2020-07-30 03:26:53 »
He passively regens MP for himself, but when Defending it extends a stronger MP regen effect to both himself and his allies (+10 MP to everyone per post-action tick).

Oh that's really cool! That makes him SUPER useful as a tank for a Magic Focused party :D

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #9885 on: 2020-07-30 03:58:29 »
Is Game Type B scheduled to release this Monday, or do you not have a definite day in mind?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: 2020-07-30 04:38:31 »
Is Game Type B scheduled to release this Monday, or do you not have a definite day in mind?

Next Monday is still the intended date for it to be unlocked in a patch.

Renyth

• View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: 2020-07-30 12:52:55 »
[quote author=Sega Chief link=topic=14938.msg280860#msg280860 date=1596025661]
Is that with the latest versions? A fix for this should be in the current files.
[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply, this was with 2.0.1 at the time.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: 2020-07-30 15:16:42 »
Sorry for the late reply, this was with 2.0.1 at the time.
[/quote]

Best to try the latest and see if the issue reoccurs; there were three patches made for 2.0.1, with the security captain's AI/Attacks being part of the listed fixes. I gave the fight a whirl as well to check and he's able to use his 4 abilities without incident now it seems.

SwordofAeons

• View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: 2020-07-30 15:21:14 »
Hey Sega Chief, I've been having a bit of trouble with the IRO version.  Everything looks correct in the catalog view: https://imgur.com/9hI5gi2, but after I install it 7H insists it's only version 2.0: https://imgur.com/V9uAqZM.  Attempting to "update" through 7H fails, giving this error message:

11:05:42|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error installing New Threat 2.0 - The mod is queued for install.
11:05:42|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|_7thHeaven.Code.DuplicateModException: A mod (New Threat 2.0 v2.0) with the same ID already exists in your library.
   at _7thHeaven.Code.ModImporter.Import(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Install.InstallModProcedure.DownloadComplete(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

This behavior is identical no matter whether I install NT through the catalog or from the IRO direct download link on the first page.  I expect this is only a problem with the 7H metadata and I do in fact have 2.0.2 installed;  is there a fast way to check if that's the case?

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: 2020-07-30 15:58:49 »
Hello, does anyone have a list of Enemy Skills and where to get them? I been searching for how to get stuff like Chocobucle through the search function but stuff like Virus(Previously lvl5 death) and such is a mystery to me, so far I made a list of my own but if anyone knows where to find Chronocure and Virus please do tell.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: 2020-07-30 16:37:54 »
Hi Sega, my game freezes when Aps uses the Tsunami attack. I have re-downloaded and installed FF7 and used the installer (2.0.2) instead of 7th Heaven. Any idea what can cause this?

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: 2020-07-30 17:20:51 »
I'm getting 10 gil per battle on Hard Mode in 2.02 in the "Sector 1" and "Sector 1 Station" area maps at the beginning of the game - the area in and immediately after you talk to Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie and input Cloud's name. I'm guessing it should be 0 gil instead.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-30 17:25:47 by flacidapplebottoms »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: 2020-07-30 17:25:55 »
Hey Sega Chief, I've been having a bit of trouble with the IRO version.  Everything looks correct in the catalog view: https://imgur.com/9hI5gi2, but after I install it 7H insists it's only version 2.0: https://imgur.com/V9uAqZM.  Attempting to "update" through 7H fails, giving this error message:

11:05:42|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error installing New Threat 2.0 - The mod is queued for install.
11:05:42|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|_7thHeaven.Code.DuplicateModException: A mod (New Threat 2.0 v2.0) with the same ID already exists in your library.
   at _7thHeaven.Code.ModImporter.Import(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Install.InstallModProcedure.DownloadComplete(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

This behavior is identical no matter whether I install NT through the catalog or from the IRO direct download link on the first page.  I expect this is only a problem with the 7H metadata and I do in fact have 2.0.2 installed;  is there a fast way to check if that's the case?

I'll need to consult Una or someone with 7h to get some idea about what's going wrong there as I'm updating the version number and the release date in the catalog XML when updating it. For now, close 7h and go here: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven to delete any instances of the NT 2.0 IRO manually, then try downloading the IRO directly from the first post of this thread and importing it.

Hello, does anyone have a list of Enemy Skills and where to get them? I been searching for how to get stuff like Chocobucle through the search function but stuff like Virus(Previously lvl5 death) and such is a mystery to me, so far I made a list of my own but if anyone knows where to find Chronocure and Virus please do tell.

I'll add it to the documenatation when I upload the patches tonight.

Hi Sega, my game freezes when Aps uses the Tsunami attack. I have re-downloaded and installed FF7 and used the installer (2.0.2) instead of 7th Heaven. Any idea what can cause this?

It'll be the .exes maybe not getting re-patched after the first time. While the .exes used to generate the patch were updated I don't think the emergency exes packaged with the download were, so try using these: https://mega.nz/file/jhN0USgI#1vhG2RRrXxuhcrKL9qWt9QHtZWpzwXNqNceIjVPEm5I

If all else fails, replace the .exes with default ones again and try to repatch it with the 2.0.2 installer; make sure to right-click into it, set to run as admin, unblock, etc. as the installer is relatively new and may be interfered with by antivirus programs.

I'm getting 10 gil per battle on Hard Mode in 2.02 in the "Sector 1" area map at the beginning of the game - the area immediately after you talk to Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie and input Cloud's name. I'm guessing it should be 0 gil instead.

There's been an oversight with the way EXP and Gil are handled in the AI for hard mode; only the first byte of the exp/gil is getting calculated, leaving the rest alone. It'll be fixed in tonight's patch.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: 2020-07-30 18:00:40 »
I'll add it to the documenatation when I upload the patches tonight.

Cool thanks, just now after doing battle #12 at Fort Condor the guy who teleports you back (To forgotten capitol) does not offer a teleport back, and I'm now stuck in Fort Condor/First continent. Might be something you want to fix quickly, while I try to find the area code to get back or something.

Looking forward to your work on my favorite FF which is 8!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: 2020-07-30 18:16:33 »
Cool thanks, just now after doing battle #12 at Fort Condor the guy who teleports you back (To forgotten capitol) does not offer a teleport back, and I'm now stuck in Fort Condor/First continent. Might be something you want to fix quickly, while I try to find the area code to get back or something.

Looking forward to your work on my favorite FF which is 8!

I think the black chocobo save editor should be able to get you back to the Forgotten City; let me know if you have trouble and I can do it instead. I'll add this issue to tonight's patch.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: 2020-07-30 18:46:49 »
There is a savepoint when you enter the inn att Icicle Inn that is inaccessible as well, right outside the door when you enter the Inn

SwordofAeons

• View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: 2020-07-30 18:51:30 »
I'll need to consult Una or someone with 7h to get some idea about what's going wrong there as I'm updating the version number and the release date in the catalog XML when updating it. For now, close 7h and go here: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven to delete any instances of the NT 2.0 IRO manually, then try downloading the IRO directly from the first post of this thread and importing it.

I did somehow get two copies of the NT iro installed somehow: https://imgur.com/OCOBAmG.  The top came from the direct download link, and the bottom is from the catalog.

Unfortunately, deleting them and ensuring I had only one copy in the folder didn't change the behavior of 7H.  I first tried with just the direct download, and then with just the catolog version.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: 2020-07-30 18:52:37 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: 2020-07-30 18:53:21 »
There is a savepoint when you enter the inn att Icicle Inn that is inaccessible as well, right outside the door when you enter the Inn

Yeah, that's a save point I forgot about. Will be adding it in tonight if I can find time, or removing it if not.

I did somehow get two copies of the NT iro installed somehow: https://imgur.com/OCOBAmG.  The top came from the direct download link, and the bottom is from the catalog.

Unfortunately, deleting them and ensuring I had only one copy in the folder didn't change the behavior of 7H.  I first tried with just the direct download, and then with just the catolog version.

I've figured it out; the XML for the catalog lists the version as 2.0.2, but the IRO's inner XML lists it as 2.0. I'll keep both updated in future to avoid confusion. What you have imported to 7h will be the latest version currently.