Author Topic: effects of changing levels in scene.bin  (Read 2474 times)

Deathblow

• View Profile
effects of changing levels in scene.bin
« on: 2008-09-26 17:03:07 »
I asked a question about 3 years ago that never got answered and rather than reviving a dead thread lemme just ask; when editing enemies in lets say HOJO, when you change a monster's level is the only effect that it changes the effects of level based attacks ie: level 4 death, level 5 death, conformer damage, etc..., or do the stats go up accordingly? was a batch option ever created for any scene.bin editors? I remember someone talking about the options of a possible command like all enemy stats +30% or +50%, cus that would be sweet.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: effects of changing levels in scene.bin
« Reply #1 on: 2008-09-26 17:30:38 »
Enemy levels and stats are independent: an enemy's stats will stay the same if you just change its level. However, I believe that changing an enemy's level can affect the chances of stealing something from it, as well as the amount of damage it does, because of the way base damage is calculated. Base damage is 6 * (level + magic attack) for magic and Att + [(Att + Lvl) / 32] * [(Att * Lvl) / 32] for physical attacks, so increasing an enemy's level will increase its attack power.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-26 19:03:52 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

Deathblow

• View Profile
Re: effects of changing levels in scene.bin
« Reply #2 on: 2008-09-26 19:06:07 »
thanks, those are the kind of responses im looking for.