Author Topic: How old is everyone? v2  (Read 32528 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: How old is everyone? v2
« Reply #50 on: 2009-08-13 13:48:59 »
And apparently there are still fewer live births there than in the US, which might say something about use of contraception (of course, this doesn't take into account abortion rates).

I have no problem with 15-year-olds having sex, in fact, I think the prevalence of it should make governments realise that ages of consent should be a little more flexible (like in those countries where it is lowered when the ages are similar).

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-08-13 14:00:51 »
Maybe I don't appreciate sex enough, but is it really worth breaking a law for something you're only going to enjoy for... what, five minutes?

But I was raised in quite a protective family, so I'm biased by my upbringing.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-08-13 14:04:40 »
If the age of consent were made more flexible, they wouldn't be breaking the law :-D

And I think that it's one of those laws that isn't isn't usually enforced (except when there's a big gap in age), kinda like smoking cannabis or slightly underage drinking. In Britain, the chance of two 15-year-olds getting in trouble with the police for having sex are basically zero.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-08-13 14:13:26 »
If the age of consent were made more flexible as a result of the law being broken, maybe it would encourage even younger kids to be naughty.  Even if these laws aren't enforced, it can still be a good thing that they're there.

Interesting how this thread started with "How old are you?" and has evolved to a discussion on teenage sex.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-08-13 14:20:35 »
It wouldn't really be because the law keeps getting broken per se, it would be because the law was inappropriate in the first place; the fact that it keeps getting broken, very few people (including the police and courts) care about it getting broken and - more importantly - people don't get hurt in normal cases (I'm talking about slightly two slightly underage teenagers here), is something that supports that theory.

And yeah, I suppose it's a little off topic. At least we're still talking about age (but maybe not with that last post  :-P)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-08-13 14:29:52 »
Well, I'm in Britain, and in Glasgow people generally break their virginity at around 13/14. Some people wait, some people don't.

I know a 21 year old that's still a virgin, it's just that generally it's not considered a big deal. Sex is made out (mostly by religion) to be a big deal and this is reflected in the law. Now, I'm not saying that kids at the age of 13 should be running around having sex, but it's when there's a ban on certain aspects of sex education and a stigma about sex, the figures for teenage pregnancy tend to rise among other things. People under the age of 16 in Britain have sex all the time, it's only really a big deal when they haven't been educated enough to learn to wear a condom and such.

And I think also, compared to other countries the children here maybe aren't as sheltered as most. We tend to grow up fast. (I don't consider that a bad thing).

However, I have a friend that's now been placed on the sex offenders list because he had sex with his 15 year old girlfriend (he's 19) which I think is ridiculous, considering they've known each other their whole lives and have been dating for a year. He's on the run right now and no one knows where he is.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-08-13 14:42:15 »
I know of a 16-year old guy who had a sexual relationship with a 13-year old girl.  This relationship took place only at the school that they go to.  There are security cameras there that they were completely oblivious of.  The events that followed weren't good fun for either of them.

So yeah, if these laws must be broken, the people who break them can at least do it properly and not get found out by their school's staff.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009-08-13 19:16:06 »
Hell tons of people will do stupid shit for sex. Even I got busted by the cops once for doing stuff in a car in a deserted parking lot (they let me off the hook on account of it was my 18th birthday, i guess).

I'm exactly 2 years younger than kudistos, if anyone's wondering...

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009-08-13 20:08:32 »
17 as well.

'92 yea-ya

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-08-14 04:58:25 »

Sex laws generally have lots of clauses... in a large number of the US there is a clause that states something to the extent of:

Should both parties be more than [a varying age] under the [age of consent] and are within 5(2, 3, etc.) years of eachother, legal charges may be dismissed and the parties may or may not be required to attend sexual education classes or counseling.

Usually it involves being at least 13... and if the age is as low as 13 then there can only be a 1 year plus or minus age restriction to the pair... the trouble is when you get people above the legal and and people below pairing up... (or outside of the otherwise stated age ranges)

I think if one party is 18 and the other is 17 there is a similar clause...

However... the mental age between 15 and 19 is a rather large gap for most people... which is the reason for such laws... (your friends may not be affected by such mentalities... she could be a genius and he a moron... but such is such.)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009-08-14 12:30:59 »
17 as well.

'92 yea-ya

Woo same age :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #61 on: 2009-08-20 08:29:43 »
17 as well.

'92 yea-ya

Woo same age :-D
i wish i was back to that age  :-(

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2019-08-27 12:29:17 »
Wow, ten years ago I posted here I was 20. Seems like a lifetime ago. :)

Gensoul

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2019-11-04 21:53:59 »
Dang! Look at all those bebies who are old now. Wonder if they are as obsessed with sex now as they were in 2009. Necro threads are fun.

Wow, you registered here when you were 6. SO precocious!

justlexi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2019-11-12 04:32:49 »
I am turning 26 on November 22, geez I feel so old.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #65 on: 2019-11-18 20:23:42 »
Solid "83 guy here... haven't changed any ff gaming related habits a bit.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #66 on: 2019-11-19 13:31:20 »
A ten-year necro. Shame on you! :P

Though now I'm 12102 in negative trinary! :D