Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 488909 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: 7thWrapper
« Reply #75 on: 2013-07-25 14:41:49 »
Hey some ideas: It would be nice to swap the sword model on clouds back depending on the sword he has equipped (maybe Tifa and Barret, too).
The next thing is, I would like to make different models of Lady Cloud depending on the key items you get.
At last it would be nice to have a, tool, which could read and show me the game variables in Hex and in the way, they are shown in Makou Reactor.

Your solution of just mounting the iso as D: and using the ff7.exe in the game folder sounded pretty good for now. Wow how many exe does this thing have lol. I'll try the ff7music\launchff7.exe if that doesn't work.

I thought the first thing had been done with Cloud. The only sword I saw that wasn't included in the field is the CC one I think (dark black looking one, think it was the last option maybe). I made a field model with that sword, I could send you the .p and tex file for it if you'd like to add it.

For Barret and Tifa do you mean changing their appearance based on their equipped weapons? That would be a cool feature to include but I don't know how noticeable that'll be for Tifa, and I actually alter my kernel so Barrets weapon id match his default weapon. I don't really like the others, I actually do the same with cloud too.

The cross dressing idea is awesome. Like showing a difference if you either get the nice wig or the one out of the guys jockstrap.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 14:49:57 by cmh175 »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2013-07-25 15:37:41 »
Hey some ideas: It would be nice to swap the sword model on clouds back depending on the sword he has equipped (maybe Tifa and Barret, too).
This, for those of us that use say Millenia's battle sword models, could have each one available for field model as well, and they swap in field depending on what you have equipped. But also make it so that the Cloud model with no sword is loaded in field scenes where he is sleeping or doing something that would be awkward with a sword
The next thing is, I would like to make different models of Lady Cloud depending on the key items you get.
/jawdrop. This is a cool idea. WallMarket is a whole game in and of itself.
At last it would be nice to have a, tool, which could read and show me the game variables in Hex and in the way, they are shown in Makou Reactor.
DLPB and Iros should have a race to see who can make this tool faster. Nvm! Dan keep doing what you're working on lol  :-P 

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2013-07-25 15:46:00 »
Do you mean Buster sword wise or all of his other weapons? I sent Kaldarasha a field version of the CC sword that was missing which maybe the last Buster sword variation. Otherwise I can do what evers left. The others like the nail bat and Ultima weapon are doable, and mostly use the same texture too I think, just a lot of converting. Let me know and I'll add them to the list.

I do have a question though, with that option in place will it read the weapon id in the kernel at all? I personally alter mine so I just use the buster word as the other weapons.Probably not, otherwise I'll just fix it in a char file for the wrapper.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2013-07-25 15:59:11 »
Do you mean Buster sword wise or all of his other weapons?
ALL of them! :evil:
Cloud with nailbat in field. Yes. I think I want that. But the trick is: if you equip buster instead, it will change to buster wielding Cloud in the field on the fly! (This isn't possible... yet)

Is it necessary to ask peoples' permission to pack their mods for 7thWrapper and redistribute? That sounds stupid now that I read it back... probably we will but it's going to be annoying and reduce the number of mods available for it.

« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 16:31:19 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2013-07-25 16:23:50 »
I'm not sure, that's a tricky one. If we were altering the mod then releasing it as our own definitely, but in this case we're just converting them for the 7thwrapper and adding them to the field. A pm to the author as a courtesy isn't a bad idea though.

lol that does sound awesome. I'll get on that, I'll use the ones in the unwrapped package I have so their straight from the battle model. I'll also do the original carry "blade down" and twisted carry "blade up" options. I think thats.....20 weapons total? Awesome, I'll post pictures after I get a few done and get these to Kaldarasha so he can make adjustments to them.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2013-07-25 20:03:55 »
OK, new version 0.15 released:

SEE OP for latest download links

-Option to launch another program when starting the game
-Added mask option to game variables
-Added 'Monitor' option. When enabled, all configured game variables are dumped to the debug output every 5 seconds.

I have also added a few more variables to the var file; Cloud's weapon, KeyItems field 1, and Keyitems field 2. Also a few key item variables to demonstrate how the masks work.

It should be easy to add other variables like Barret's weapon, Tifa's weapon, etc - I just haven't put them in the file yet because the new Monitor option dumps EVERY variable, so I don't want to add hundreds yet. Once I have a better monitor option (maybe only dump specified variables, not all of them?) I can add more variables :)

Any questions please ask ;)
« Last Edit: 2013-08-03 13:19:02 by Iros »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2013-07-25 20:53:54 »
I didn't expect that release until at least tomorrow, awesome man. I'll check it out and see if it loads the .bat file for me so it's just launch and go (that's the option part you mentioned right?) I'll convert some weapons for testing this evening so we can try that out.

Template....I'm just....I'm at a loss for words, my mind just blanks. What the hell is that lol?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2013-07-25 21:40:12 »
I need a 'reload field after leaving menu' function. I have totally forget about this.
At the moment the weapon is only updated when the field is changed.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2013-07-25 22:59:11 »
Iros: In case you hadn't noticed, I went ahead and split this out into into its own thread. Among other things, that means you now have the first post in the thread, and can keep it updated if you so choose.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2013-07-25 23:34:36 »
The "Also Launch" feature will not allow for any type of file other than .exe. If changed, and a .bat file that runs ff7.exe at the end is "also launched" in addition to the FF7 exe field being entered, will that be OK?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2013-07-26 00:25:48 »
Hey so I'm having some trouble launching the .exe. I cant seem to mount the .vhd to \D. My optical drive is the \D, plus for some reason I cant seem to mount anything til E. Does it have to be the \D? I tried the launchff7.exe in the ff7music file but it didn't work. In the games install file there's a ff7_cd.exe, and when opened it says it can change the drive I mount the game to. I told it to use the \D, but when I hit mount in the bootloader it still goes to the F. Reopening the ff7_cd though it says it's changed to D. Crap. Any ideas?

~Ok so solution: I changed the optical drive to F, so when I hit mount in bootloader it goes to the D, and now ff7.exe works when I hit launch on the wrapper. Yay, success! One thing I noticed though is that it didn't launch ff7music as well, so the also launch option may need a second look. Also, about 1/3 times I enter a town the music seems to lag a second, playing the music from the world map for an extra second or two after I'm in the town. This obviously isn't a big thing, but it does grab your attention when you're really used to hearing the song for that town played and it's late. Could that even be related to the wrapper though?

Otherwise it works great. I was wonder where the wrapper gets the games settings, like resolution. I assume that's all still working with the ff7_opengl.cfg right? How many of the settings you can configure in bootloader still work, like v-sync and everything? The shader doesn't but that's not the end of the world. The other options that make the game run smoother could be what effected the music if they're not being used, maybe? If that's the case is it possible to have the wrapper launch through bootloader some how so it applies all those settings? That would also allow us to use the debugging tools. I of course have no idea how either of these programs work though, or if what I just asked is even feasible.

~ Tried again and it does launch ff7music with the game, but it doesn't actually work, no music. If I keep it in Launch also, but turn it on before starting the game it still doesn't work. I also got this error, I think it's from having ff7music listed in the wrapper while also also having it open already. No idea though of course.

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER: Unable to start process; please check the given parameters. (Code: 740)
   at EasyHook.NativeAPI.Force(Int32 InErrorCode)
   at EasyHook.NativeAPI.RtlCreateSuspendedProcess(String InEXEPath, String InCommandLine, Int32 InProcessCreationFlags, Int32& OutProcessId, Int32& OutThreadId)
   at EasyHook.RemoteHooking.CreateAndInject(String InEXEPath, String InCommandLine, Int32 InProcessCreationFlags, String InLibraryPath_x86, String InLibraryPath_x64, Int32& OutProcessId, Object[] InPassThruArgs)
   at _7thWrapper.fConfig.bLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Iros\7thWrapper\fConfig.cs:line 176
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
7thWrapper
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///S:/Games/Final%20Fantasy%20VII/FF7%20Mods/7thWrapper_0.15/7thWrapper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
7thWrapperLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///S:/Games/Final%20Fantasy%20VII/FF7%20Mods/7thWrapper_0.15/7thWrapperLib.DLL
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1009 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1009 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsBase
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1009 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
EasyHook
    Assembly Version: 2.7.4761.0
    Win32 Version: 2.7.4761.0
    CodeBase: file:///S:/Games/Final%20Fantasy%20VII/FF7%20Mods/7thWrapper_0.15/EasyHook.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 01:58:36 by cmh175 »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2013-07-26 08:17:38 »
I need a 'reload field after leaving menu' function. I have totally forget about this.
At the moment the weapon is only updated when the field is changed.

That would be very hard :(  The game only reloads the models when you change field. I'm not sure how you would make it reload the field after leaving the menu (and I think maybe it would mess some things up).

The "Also Launch" feature will not allow for any type of file other than .exe. If changed, and a .bat file that runs ff7.exe at the end is "also launched" in addition to the FF7 exe field being entered, will that be OK?

You should be able to point it at a .bat file, I think, although I haven't tested that. But the .bat shouldn't run the FF7.exe. The wrapper NEEDS to launch that itself, which is why you need to point it directly at the FF7 exe. AlsoLaunch is for things like FF7Music, an ISO mounting script, etc - things which the wrapper doesn't alter, but just need to be run.

Otherwise it works great. I was wonder where the wrapper gets the games settings, like resolution. I assume that's all still working with the ff7_opengl.cfg right? How many of the settings you can configure in bootloader still work, like v-sync and everything? The shader doesn't but that's not the end of the world. The other options that make the game run smoother could be what effected the music if they're not being used, maybe? If that's the case is it possible to have the wrapper launch through bootloader some how so it applies all those settings? That would also allow us to use the debugging tools. I of course have no idea how either of these programs work though, or if what I just asked is even feasible.

It should all still work with ff7_opengl. When the wrapper launches FF7.exe you should get whatever settings happen when you run FF7.exe yourself manually. So if you have configured Aali's driver, then it should work exactly the same.

I don't really know what the bootloader launch does, so I can't say if it's possible to work with that.

~ Tried again and it does launch ff7music with the game, but it doesn't actually work, no music. If I keep it in Launch also, but turn it on before starting the game it still doesn't work. I also got this error, I think it's from having ff7music listed in the wrapper while also also having it open already. No idea though of course.

That doesn't look like an error to do with ff7music. Are you sure you had the main FF7 exe path set correctly? As I mentioned before, that NEEDS to point directly to FF7.exe (no other launchers) otherwise it won't be able to intercept the game file accesses.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2013-07-26 09:13:48 »
That would be very hard :(  The game only reloads the models when you change field. I'm not sure how you would make it reload the field after leaving the menu (and I think maybe it would mess some things up).
Was afraid of that :-[ It's still awesome even if you have to wait til field scene changes, next fight will do it, we don't constantly swap anyway. Maybe we got a little carried away. :roll:

You should be able to point it at a .bat file, I think, although I haven't tested that. But the .bat shouldn't run the FF7.exe. The wrapper NEEDS to launch that itself, which is why you need to point it directly at the FF7 exe. AlsoLaunch is for things like FF7Music, an ISO mounting script, etc - things which the wrapper doesn't alter, but just need to be run.

Cool! No problem at all, we will alter the batch file to run the mount script and not ff7, but it will have to complete before the wrapper actually initiates the .exe, I guess. Just I'm for sure it won't let me choose anything but an exe for Also launch at the moment. I didn't try manually typing it in, though. The drop down for file types has only exe in it and no other file types show up in the folder view.
It should all still work with ff7_opengl. When the wrapper launches FF7.exe you should get whatever settings happen when you run FF7.exe yourself manually. So if you have configured Aali's driver, then it should work exactly the same. I don't really know what the bootloader launch does, so I can't say if it's possible to work with that.
ALL of the functions from bootloader config work with 7thwrapper. They are all directly tied to entries in the ff7opengl.cfg file. Bootloader launch mounts an image file for disc check, and then either boots ff7.exe or ff7launch.exe (which is the ff7music plugin, which then launches ff7.exe when it is hooked into the MIDI system and ready to go).
That doesn't look like an error to do with ff7music. Are you sure you had the main FF7 exe path set correctly? As I mentioned before, that NEEDS to point directly to FF7.exe (no other launchers) otherwise it won't be able to intercept the game file accesses.
Yeah, the problem is that ff7music needs to use its own launch system to hook into and execute ff7.exe... I can verify it isn't working at all with "Also Launch". Not sure it's possible to get around this without getting the military involved.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 09:18:41 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2013-07-26 13:32:18 »
So if I point the the launch also feature to the .bat what would that do again? Is that to auto mount the game? I've been trying to use it for ff7 music so I only have to launch one program to get everything running. It did open ff7 music, but it doesn't play anything when opened that way. As far as future ease of use and functionality I think this is what we need:

A way to use auto mount when hitting launch (thats the .bat file yes?
    A way to launch ff7music so that is also works when opened through the wrapper
    If possible a prompt that allows you to change the settings so you don't have to open bootloader to do it.

That may actually be it, short list. Otherwise it works fine. These extra things would just make starting the game easier, particularly for newbies who already have trouble running this stuff.

As for the field refresh, when you say mess things up you mean like freeze the game? We could always beta test it and try to work out the kinks if you think you can write it in. If not we can still use the weapon change feature. No matter where you are in the game you're always about to do something that'll refresh the screen. You'll either be in an area where you encounter enemies, or where you're running into shops and stuff. So it may not show the new weapon right away, but it'll change the second you do any of those things. Besides, would the field refresh even work on the world map?

The error I got was when I changed some settings in bootloader. I had turned on direct mode and pop debug. I was seeing what functions may still work. It didn't seem to like either one. Took awhile to get the error to stop after I restored the settings. That's not a big deal if that's the issue. Direct mode is replaced with the 7thwrapper, and I think it has it's own debug function too right?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2013-07-26 13:58:42 »
That's what I expected. I even didn't like the idea of refreshing the field. :|
Hmm... maybe it's possible to refresh parts of the system memory on fly, like DLPB's Hext.dll does.  :?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #90 on: 2013-07-26 14:43:50 »
Is it just me, or can the tool window not be maximized?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2013-07-26 14:50:45 »
Is it just me, or can the tool window not be maximized?

You mean the window to set up which mods you're using for the wrapper, or actually playing the game? I haven't tried maximizing the window, but I think you can extend it. It doesn't seem too small at least. It's definitely bigger than bootloader which I cant extend, maximize, or even minimize lol. When troubleshooting and bootloader is in the way I always just close it.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2013-07-26 20:14:01 »
New release v0.16: SEE OP for latest download links

Changes:

-Fix 'also launch' to work on 2nd+later runs of the game
-Fix 'also launch' to set working directory, should fix FF7Music not working correctly
-Add additional variables (more key items, all character weapons)
-Improve variable monitor - only reports when variables are changed

That's what I expected. I even didn't like the idea of refreshing the field. :|
Hmm... maybe it's possible to refresh parts of the system memory on fly, like DLPB's Hext.dll does.  :?

I won't say it is definitely impossible, I suppose there could be a way to make it happen. But, I wouldn't expect this to work soon. For now, I think we will have to work with the models only changing, when you change/exit the field.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-03 13:19:28 by Iros »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2013-07-26 20:25:03 »
Awesome work. I'll try out the Also Launch fixes and see if that corrects the issues I was having. Change/exit the field will work for now till the field refresh is functional, you actually do that more often than you think.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2013-07-27 18:30:41 »
Hey so I'm having some trouble. Not so much with the 7thwrapper but just being able to launch the game. I had fixed it so bootloader would mount to the D drive, but now for the life of me I can no longer get it to do that....after changing nothing. Not sure what changed but it refuses to use anything other than E now, and the wrapper only launches with D. So I was wondering if it had been said that making the wrapper auto mount to the correct drive was possible or not. Otherwise what are some work arounds that'll work? .vhd doesn't work like an iso so I cant simply mount it as such. I'm looking more into using .vhds, but is sounds like it's not a format Win7 uses much.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2013-07-27 18:43:34 »
The wrapper doesn't know anything about mounting drives ... I'm not sure how Bootleg does it really, I haven't really looked. The only option you have in the wrapper is the 'Also Launch' option which you could set to a script which mounted the drive ... but you would have to provide the script.

I thought that changing the drive letter FF7 looked at was quite a simple registry change though?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2013-07-27 18:56:37 »
I'm not really sure to though, so I'd rather avoid registry changes. I decided to just manually change the mounted drive in disk manager. Didn't seem like a good idea but it did work. Problem is now it asks for disk 1,2, and 3. Shows the game mounted in D just like if I opened it with bootleg, but it's not passing the disk check.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2013-07-27 19:01:03 »
You could use Daemon Tools Lite to add a Virtual Drive D: and mount an empty ISO named FF7DISC1 to it. I've done this because I didn't want to mess with registry edits or Disk Manager.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2013-07-28 00:06:51 »
That's a good idea thanks. Oddly enough my idea to use bootloader to mount the game works now. It maybe because I restarted my computer maybe(?). I'll try that next if it stops working again. The launch also feature works great now. I notice a slight lag in the change in music sometimes still but it's a massive improvement now.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2013-07-28 00:24:36 »
Yes, whenever you restart your computer the virtual drive mount will be uninstalled.