Author Topic: Technologically advanced pc setup  (Read 24966 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Technologically advanced pc setup
« Reply #50 on: 2013-12-14 15:16:07 »
Which models?
« Last Edit: 2013-12-14 17:57:45 by LeonhartGR »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2013-12-19 23:00:44 »
1 of them is a 780 SC and the other is a plain 780 but the plain 780 is the better GPU strangely enough. I put a Skn3t BIOS on them and run them at pretty high OC but the stock fans are absolutely amazing.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #52 on: 2013-12-20 00:24:16 »
Can you suggest me some links to find nice prices on my next hardware upgrades? Thanks!

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2013-12-20 23:32:29 »
I think Amazon sells a lot of things international don't they?

I buy most of my hardware at Newegg or Amazon. As I understand it most everything computer related is cheaper in the US but I'm sure that's not always true. I have no idea where to get stuff sent to Greece. I'm sure you could find things on eBay but it would be expensive I bet.

I bought both of the graphics cards on Hardforum.com (they have a really well set up trading forum), the Superclock Ed. was brand new in box right after AMD put out the 290s. The other card I bought used but it showed up mint and came with both of the backplates.

I'm learning how to modify cheap old steel cases right now, so there's a lot of really rough cuts around the drive cages in that picture, I pulled a lot of that metal out with wire cutters and then repainted it... The Dremel I have is crap. I'm replacing the low profile 140mm heatsink with an NH-D14 which will probably still look really weird, but I found a good 4770k and I want to see how far I can push it. I even have a vice I pulled out of my dad's workshop to delid the thing with if I can find the balls.