Author Topic: the MAGIC folder on the PSX version of ff7  (Read 4812 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
the MAGIC folder on the PSX version of ff7
« on: 2009-08-09 16:54:34 »
Is it possible to get the summons as enemys? like the PC version and how do the files work?

What i want is to have it so you fight the summons to get them on your side like ff8 and 12.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: the MAGIC folder on the PSX version of ff7
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-09 19:29:17 »
Posting because this thread has almost been bumped down to page two after just 150 minutes, and to clarify something:

How do the .bin files here work? Is there any way to extract the models for summoned monsters from them and convert them to lzs format for use as battle models?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-09 19:32:50 »
Posting because this thread has almost been bumped down to page two after just 150 minutes, and to clarify something:

How do the .bin files here work? Is there any way to extract the models for summoned monsters from them and convert them to lzs format for use as battle models?

yeah its getting ridiculous how fast these topics are going off the first page something needs to be done.

The .bin data is the animations isn't it? i tried viewing the model files in mesh2drm and they don't work however the normal enemy models work perfect so i really don't know what to make of them.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-09 19:34:43 »
The .bin data is the animations isn't it?

I thought so, but not all of the summons have lzs files, so maybe not.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-09 19:36:07 »
Good point and the KOTR have a model file for each one so who knows? Shall i try making one an enemy and seeing what happens?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-09 19:37:52 »
I suppose it couldn't hurt...  :-P