Author Topic: Screen missing top border?  (Read 7565 times)

Inactive User

• View Profile
Screen missing top border?
« on: 2017-02-03 01:18:12 »
Does anyone else have the problem with a black border at the bottom of the screen but not at the top?
It seems fine when I open the menu or am in a battle. It's just in field screens; there is a black border at the bottom but not at the top.

Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:43:30 by Inactive User »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Screen missing top border?
« Reply #1 on: 2017-02-03 07:21:57 »
This is a known problem and pretty much has been since forever. AFAIK there's no way to fix it.

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-02-03 07:40:20 »
Thanks for the reply Covarr.

Good to know it's not just me.. It's such a little thing but still bugged the hell out of me at first, before I got used to it. It won't bother me now knowing there's nothing I can do about it. :P
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:43:47 by Inactive User »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-02-03 14:40:51 »
I fixed this for The Reunion.  In fact, you can select the option separately in The Reunion.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-02-03 15:40:43 »
I fixed this for The Reunion.  In fact, you can select the option separately in The Reunion.
Whoa, damn. I remember you looking into it, but for some reason I thought you'd given up. Nice, man.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-02-03 15:43:12 »
I did give up, but that was ages ago :P  More recently, I fixed it.  The problem now is that PSX has ALL modules with a top and bottom border... and PC now has just field and battle swirl (if on field).  But I guess that's how it goes.  No point adding borders to every module.

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-02-04 19:43:41 »
Hey DLPB,

Firstly, I love the hard work you've put in to The Reunion. I use many of the features including the Beacause feature (LOVE the fact that you can read them cursing now instead of the gibberish of the past.. I also find the dialogs a lot more enjoyable).

But secondly, I don't have the option to change the borders? Am I missing something? I've downloaded all the mod updates through 7th Heaven?

Perhaps I have to download updates from your Reunion forum?
« Last Edit: 2023-05-01 05:44:22 by Inactive User »

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-02-04 23:42:02 »
Reunion is separate from 7thHeaven. The one found there is an old, outdated version. The borders are fixed in the newest release of Reunion (though I'd wait a couple days for R06 to release, if it isn't out in a week then I'd download the current version), which isn't compatible at all with 7thHeaven.
If you like the customizability of 7thHeaven just hope a newer version with border fixes is released for it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017-02-04 23:45:37 »
The extra optional mods (This means "MAIN - Beacause and Menu Enhancement" is not ticked) in The Reunion should be compatible with everything. There should be no issue with downloading R05 and using the screen centring option on its own.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 2017-02-05 05:14:53 »
I am waiting for R06 to release before I look at compatibility issues with using 7H on top of it. I doubt there will be many, if any, issues since DLPB is really good at releasing quality work. I just don't find my time is well spent looking into it now when we're so close to a new release.

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2017-02-05 06:58:52 »
Flat out makes sense. You're both absolute geniuses! I'm so glade that the two of you are alive!

Every time I play FFVII I think to myself 'All those years ago, my brother and I would play FFVII as children, and imagine things like what would the characters look like if they were more real? or what if we could have the freedom to get inside the game and customize it?' Almost 20 years ago now - and that has become a reality. The game has been focused on in every aspect that needed it, which gives it a refreshing and beautiful feeling. In my opinion, the greatest game of all time, made that much better! I love it.

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017-02-05 07:04:08 »
EQ2Alyza while I have your attention could you lead me in the right direction to solve this error. It pops up every time I try to open 7th Heaven...

Code: [Select]
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderImageCacheData.Read4_ImageCacheData()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in C:\Code\7H\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 15
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in C:\Code\7H\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 19
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.ImageCache..ctor(String folder) in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\ImageCache.cs:line 32
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys..cctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\Sys.cs:line 155
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys.get_Catalog()
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags.Init() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:line 25
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags..ctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:line 34
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.InitializeComponent() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.Designer.cs:line 50
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary..ctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 22
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Program.Main() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\Program.cs:line 23

From what I've been able to find online, it's something to do with my NET Frameworks. This happened after I updated my AMD drivers. I have since uninstalled them and reinstalled the previous versions, but to no prevail. :/

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017-02-05 07:56:57 »
Hmm, well first thing's first. Whenever you update your computer, be it graphics drivers or Windows updates, you need to run the Game Converter again. The registry edits that come with running the GC are very specific to the PC setup you have at that moment, and the game will often not launch afterwards correctly until you register those keys again.

I'm not entirely sure why you have Root elements missing. Delete your entire folder that has 7th Heaven and extract a new copy. Let me know if 7H starts again.

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017-02-05 08:28:31 »
No luck :/
Just to be clear, you meant the 7th Heaven folder and not the entire FFVII folder?

I get the same error message. I downloaded a new 7th Heaven workshop, deleted the old one, extracted the new, removed previous Game Converter keys, and run Game Converter again.. Game Converter seemed fine. I'm so puzzled. I also ran the NET Frameworks Repair Tool from Microsoft and it seemed fine. I do get Framework errors in the Event Viewer though..

So the problem lies within 7th Heaven internally, and not so much do with files or something else on my computer you think?
« Last Edit: 2017-02-05 08:35:02 by 3210starpower »

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2017-02-05 08:31:04 »
What exactly are these root elements? Where are they missing from? Is there another way to try and replace them?

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2017-02-05 10:14:31 »
I'm performing a System Restore to when it was working *fingers crossed*

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2017-02-05 10:15:00 »
Well it's saying there's an element within an xml that is missing, so I thought it would be one from the 7th Heaven folder. How one of your xml became corrupted like this, I don't know.

The next step would be to check your C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop folder and delete the settings.xml.

Inactive User

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2017-02-05 10:31:36 »
Thanks for the reply and helping me out.

Oh god, it's been nothing but torture since it was given to me about a year ago. It's a low end laptop, unfortunately poor = beggar = can't be a chooser! --_--

Anyway, I'll give that a go if the System Restore doesn't work.