Author Topic: [FF7] FF7Voice Working Files (game script, etc) (2012-03-15)  (Read 19582 times)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
I will in all likelyhood never get back to the FF7Voice project so I figured I'd release the files I worked on for the whole community to use.

Everything is pretty self-explanatory but it's not a complete dump as only the text we wanted to voice was kept.  As a result, alot of the useless NPC text was removed.

Still, this might be a useful guide and it follows a pretty much chronological order so it might be helpful for some projects.  Every line has been placed in its proper field file and is labelled with its dialog ID.

I will be deleting this file from my computer shortly however so when the link goes dead, it'll be the end of it so I'd reccomend you get it now.

I'll let the people managing the wiki decide if they feel this could be a useful addition or not.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3512841680/FF7_Voice.zip?bin=1

PS : Use this as you see fitbut please credit all who were invovled in creating this script : Ficedula, for writting the proof of cpncept dumping program
Dziugo, for writting the actual software that would have voiced the game and that was used for battle text
Tsetra/Psychlonic, for the script for very early parts of the game
Revenile, for the script of 1 or 2 chapters
Prince Lex, for dumping about half the game
Squall78 as this would not have been possible without the program Loveless
DLPB for providing world map text (unsure if it is included in the final version)
Myself for dumping the 2nd half of the game and scripting and editing pretty much the whole of it.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-18 18:40:45 by Covarr »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] FF7Voice Working Files (game script, etc)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-15 22:26:00 »
Is there any chance of releasing the program dzuigo wrote so someone else could pick it back up in the future?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-16 18:55:40 »
Dziugo did not want me to release the program to anyone until it was fully bugtested.  He has shown interest in pursuing its development when I spoke to him about it last time however.

If a release is to be done, he's the one you'd need to ask.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-03-17 22:27:03 »
Do you have any way of getting a hold of him other then PM on here?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-03-18 12:10:25 »
I'm sorry to say I cleared out all my emails relating to the project so I don't have his updated email adress.  If this resumes, I will not be part of it.

I believe he still checks the one he registered with seldomly as well as PM's.

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-06-09 12:11:29 »
I know this is probably dead, but if anyone is interested, I'm interested to do some voice acting. So if something is ever started up again, I'm in.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-06-09 15:12:11 »
Yah same here, recently got a new high quality mic might as well put it to some good use and have a go

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-06-09 15:44:41 »
It would be nice if we could have a shot at it though, was there ever any preview of how this worked in-game? Maybe if we get enough people we could try and cast the first mission with voice acting, that would be cool  :)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-06-09 16:02:25 »
The software that allowed for placing the voice overs in game was never made publicly available.  I doubt it even exists any longer.
None of the original recordings were released.
The scripts that were released aren't even necessary now because of tools like Touphscript.

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-06-09 16:22:56 »
Oh, and even if it existed, it's a slim chance that Dziugo will let anyone try it again I guess.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-06-09 19:42:37 »
I've long said that I'm interested in playing Reno if this project ever gets revived and actually gets this far, but I doubt it will. It's a shame too, because I'm really proud of my Quinton Flynn impression.

I *could* do Cloud as well, but I don't really have any desire to record that many lines.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-10-29 14:22:30 »
Not sure if this would be to close to necro post but here I go anyway.  I wouldn't mind trying to do Sephiroth but I probably won't try to impersonate George Newburn or however his last name it spelled.  The first attempt didn't go over very well.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-12-03 21:39:25 »
give please new link