Author Topic: [RELEASE] Field Cloud CHIBI upgrade  (Read 16392 times)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
[RELEASE] Field Cloud CHIBI upgrade
« on: 2011-03-05 09:06:42 »
Well I really liked the field model of cloud done by dahfa
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11164.0

but the only thing I didn't really like about it was the shoulder. So I made some small changes. There is a picture of it in the file

Thought it would be cool for him to have a hi res shoulder piece, and I like the way it turned out so I figured I should share it. Basically I replaced both of the top halves of each arm with the arms from APZ's Cloud (replaced the right arm as well just to match better with the left). Now I know APZ's Cloud has been banned on the forum for using a ripped face texture, but since this small modification is only using the arms I figured it would be okay to upload. I apologize if this is incorrect and will remove the downloads if needed. I am also going to try and include the arm bands and hands from APZ's Cloud but I don't know if it will look good so I figured I would just release this first. Hope you all enjoy it!

All credit to APZ and dahfa for their great work.

Another really cool field model thread can be found here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8857.0 for Chibi Reconstruction Project
all credit to Sauntam and his team for their great work on these models.

file is in .rar format

manual install (22.98 KB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?kz2866dalfj8661

« Last Edit: 2011-03-29 02:49:49 by yarLson »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE] Field Cloud CHIBI upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-06 02:34:17 »
Oh boy this brings back a lot of memories. Haha. The idea is really fun to tinker with, updating chibis from pre-existing parts in the game, but I personally think it looks tacky if you blend styles. The arms from the APZ model stand out to me. No offense, just some constructive criticism.

Secondly, Cloud doesn't have two metal arm bands, only one, as well as his gloves being different, but I don't know if that was even portrayed in the original battle model or not.

Also, I don't know the specifics, but I thought APZ didn't want others to redistribute his work, edited or not. His model may have been taken down. But, it is still his intellectual property, at least the arms from that model are. So I don't know if you can release or not. Not really my place to tell you to take it down though. ^_^.

That all being said, your model is turning out quite decently so far. I would say make the eyes a little taller. The eyes are too small to be chibi. Chibis are cute. ;P.

But, again so far so good, a little tweaking, a little bit more mixing and mashing of parts, and it might go somewhere! :)
Good luck, and hopefully you'll do more than just Cloud, cause  to be honest Cloud has been painfully over done. :O.

Thanks for the edit though, and thanks for the effort. :).
Good Luck,

Mendelevium

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-06 12:12:03 »
Hey thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the input. This was just kinda a preference thing, I really like this model by dahfa but the shoulder seemed too dull too me. I didn't want to change or modify it (and adding the wrists and hands was a fail). I won't be making any changes to this one. It may not be for everyone. A big reason why I decided to start the thread was to give people (mainly less experienced users) a place to download a majority of the updated field models in one place. Just thought I should do something since I'm still a newb here on the forums. I am actually going to model my own original CHIBI field models so I will be posting updates on that as soon as I get something good brewing as well. Oh and if its a problem I will be happy to remove the downloads if need be and I can repack an unmodified version of dafha's cloud into my char.lpg and keep that link alive. I am going to start the modeling with Vincent since he is one of my favorites. Also just wanna throw this out there, if anyone needs help converting some battle models I would be happy to help. I know it can be kinda a pain especially if your working on multiple models so I wouldn't mind and its good practice for future models I hope to release. Again thanks for the critic! I'll keep that in mind if I ever get around to making an original cloud field model.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-06 12:13:46 by yarLson »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-06 16:11:23 »
Don't link to official parts of the game please (the char.lgp).  Distributing heavily customized work = fine.  Distributing full lgps = not so fine

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-06 20:50:07 »
Use a DIFF or a patch file, rather than distribute the whole file. This means you're not distributing Square's copyrighted materials.

aciddeath

« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-06 22:01:05 »
good work i look forward to future release

Don't link to official parts of the game please (the char.lgp).  Distributing heavily customized work = fine.  Distributing full lgps = not so fine

why was this picked out for this when so many other mods give full LGPs ?
the aries patch/translation patch/remix patch/italian reloaded and most likly many more all give full LGPs but they are allowed ?
maybe the rules should be more exact on this

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-03-07 01:42:38 »

sorry about that thanks for the heads up. so I am able to make some kind of installer that creates the . thats fine right?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-03-07 03:15:01 »
Yeah, or you can link to the threads that provide the tools necessary to open the lgp and put in your files.  Somebody who wants to use your mod is probably going to want to use other ones as well, so they'll have to learn how to do all of that at some point.

why was this picked out for this when so many other mods give full LGPs ?
the aries patch/translation patch/remix patch/italian reloaded and most likly many more all give full LGPs but they are allowed ?
maybe the rules should be more exact on this
How much more exact can it be? Distributing licensed material for free and without the author's consent is wrong.  This is actually a rule of real life.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-07 03:17:57 by obesebear »

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-03-07 08:30:11 »
I am going to start the modeling with Vincent since he is one of my favorites.

Actually I've decided to put this on hold as I am going to be starting a bigger project resizing all the field backgrounds to higher resolutions using some of the best available image resizing technologies. Once this is done (it'll take a while but I'll accept help from anyone who can) I will be working on newer field models to go with it (only wanna do the main characters and maybe a few that haven't been done yet by other mods).

here is a link concerning my new project
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11430.msg158884#msg158884

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-03-07 14:40:16 »
Ill give you a hand. Where would you like me to start?

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-03-07 14:54:39 »
check the other thread for my reply