Author Topic: Tips for Getting Started: 7th Heaven  (Read 2514 times)

ziamesias

• View Profile
Tips for Getting Started: 7th Heaven
« on: 2017-12-11 05:18:35 »
So...I embarked on a quest to mod my FF7 using 7th Heaven about 6 hours ago. Fuck!....So many little things missing or messing up here and there, and to find the answers one must forum jump across several links.

I Think I Got It Now  :)

I would just like to mention a couple itty bitty things that may help people having the same problems I did.

1) Make sure you Mount the damn ISO it tells you to when first trying to set up the game converter. Yea...I know im not the only noob that got stuck on THAT one for about 10 minutes :P Mounting the ISO thru daemon tools its easy as most of us gamers have it readily available I think.

2) So...It says right at the beginning to make sure your FF7 is NOT installed to certain places. If it is, change it first. Do not try to bypass this step. Again, i'm sure people will try. Steam would not allow me to make another folder in which to install separately, having already had it set to one of the places it says NOT to have it installed. To solve this, I just uninstalled Steam, re-installed and set the path for Steam to C:\games...*shrug* if there is an easier way....it solved issues I was having.

3)I had huge problems setting up 7th Heaven at first. It would start to load, then it would say "file is busy" in the little text box over and over then tell me it failed. So I tried running as Admin, with no success. I had to go to users\appdata\roaming\7th..and delete the folder, THEN run in Admin...it seemed to boot up fine....but then "check subscriptions now" did nothing at all....found out that I had to paste  iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu      into the subscription spot in the settings. Why this wasn't there I have no clue. Also, it is suppose to have a "direct" folder in the extra folders. I have 2 music folders to begin with...I just typed in "direct" under the second music....read somewhere in my travels to do that..so do that.

After that, it became rather easy as the instructions were a bit fuller in their description. About to fire the game up using New Threat (1.5 I think), Reunion-Beacause and Menu Overhaul, and most of the graphics changes found when searching on 7th Heaven. I played about 5 minutes before I felt obligated to share my teeth grinding journey with anyone facing these same issues. Feel free to hit me up if you need some help.

Also, a BIG GIANT THANK YOU to all the people who made all the pieces of this perfect puzzle. The Dev's, testers, players and noobs like me...Without you none of us would be playing this masterful piece of art. Seriously, Thank you.

I do not like to advertise my stream...I have 5 followers that are all family, but you can check me out on twitch playing this for the next few weeks....or months if I suck as bad as I think I am going to. But I will only talk if you ask real nice.  Come watch me suck: GrassMaster (it was Ziamesias, but my nephew thought it would be funny to change it, and one cannot change it back for 60 days -.- )

ziamesias

• View Profile
Re: Tips for Getting Started: 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2017-12-11 23:23:42 »
Hey everyone....after trying for a few more hours to get the settings right as far as lag and screen tears, haha, I decided twitch wasnt the right place for the stream. Much easier for me to stream on facebook for now, dont ask, so check out Raging Gaming and give it a follow and a like on facebook if your interested in checking out some gameplay!!!!!!