Author Topic: Advice on using another monitor with built in speakers  (Read 2478 times)

Sora123masta

• View Profile
Okay, i've been experimenting with the 7th Heaven on FF7 on my computer and still; having no further luck whatsoever in the long run, my computer just farts out whenever I try to play this game on my HDTV which has an Nvidia drive for the sound system.  When I play it, the sound does not come from the TV's speakers, even since I have an HDMI plugged from my computer's GPU to the TV's port. The sound comes from my speakers on the desktop or the headphones I got plugged in. This, honestly has been making me scratch my head . xD

Anyone know a workaround?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
Re: Advice on using another monitor with built in speakers
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-12 02:13:30 »
I did  try it after reinstalling from scratch. I had to do it while  both monitors were in place and set the sound device from the TV as the main one before finishing the conversion.

Now my question remains, will it work with the PC headphones once I remove the HDMI and return it to normal? This I will find out soon enough. Feedback will be appreciated.

Jahiliyyah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-12 05:20:59 »
You can only assign one sound device for the game in FFConfig during game conversion. It sounds like you're trying to switch between the internal soundcard on your mobo and the HD audio option on your graphics card. I had a similar issue. Either run the game converter and assign the Nvidia sound device or connect the TV speakers through the same device as your desktop speakers.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-12 05:42:13 »
Trust me, i've tried all of those.  However, I think I just have to be careful with how I run it. Like say I wanna run the game on a TV, just convert and assign the device.  If I wanna switch, rerun and reroute.

Edit: And it worked. O.O
« Last Edit: 2016-03-12 06:07:36 by Sora123masta »