Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704030 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Wall Market, FFVII KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #475 on: 2009-06-03 04:10:58 »
Is there anyway to edit the weapon information like "powers up when ally down" ??

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2009-06-03 09:48:35 »
Look in the "Weapon Damage" drop-down thingy.  It'll be there with many other things (including the special effects of the ultimate weapons, and even the special effects of "Everyone's Grudge", "Aire Tam Storm", and "Heartless Angel").  It's really fun to play with.

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2009-06-03 11:35:41 »
Look in the "Weapon Damage" drop-down thingy.  It'll be there with many other things (including the special effects of the ultimate weapons, and even the special effects of "Everyone's Grudge", "Aire Tam Storm", and "Heartless Angel").  It's really fun to play with.

I think he meant text information such as "Initial equipment", "Sword is used when ally is down" (Sounds like another BAD translation), "Nullifies [Fire] attacks" and not damage formulas.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2009-06-03 12:23:25 »
Oh.  Well, in that case, first make sure that your kernel2.bin is in the same directory as the kernel.bin that you edit.  Under the weapon tab or the attack tab or whatever it is, double click the thing you want to edit in the list on the left.  This brings up the Raw Data window.  Here, you can edit the thing's name, description, and the individual hex values.  Editing the individual hex values in unnecessary in most cases unless you wanna try out WEIRD things.

For instance, to change the name and description of Yuffie's ultimate weapon click the Weapons tab and in the list on the left, scroll down to the Conformer (Weapon ID: 100).  Double click it and do whatever you want :-D  I changed its name to "Materia Freak" and its description to "Bringer of death!!"  (I enjoy using this program.)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2009-06-03 15:20:35 »
hahaha  I was renaming the weapons all along but missing the huge box beneath it!

I love this program, it is one of the best things I have ever seen!

warbaque

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2009-06-05 12:02:29 »
How do you open up a playstation iso file with this program?
You don't. You open iso file with either any iso editing tool like isobuster or you mount it with virtual drive, copy kernel.bin from cd to ../myrandomkernelbinfolder/ AND THEN open it with WM.
And when you put edited kernel.bin back to cd use tool called cdmage.

Instructions here
http://www.tales-cless.org/docs/thepsxdoc2.txt

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #481 on: 2009-06-06 16:42:37 »
1.  Summon attack names for PC are locked by accident.  The only way to unlock them is to click on PSX, then tick the update text box and then go back to PC tab.  (it is simply that the "update text box" is unintentionally greyed out in PC options.

2.  Unhandled exception when clicking "initial data"  tab

3.  50% of the time, the program fails to open properly.  It gets stuck before giving you the option of opening kernel.bin

4.  Missing Summon battle names:  Gunge Lance (odin's second attack), fat chocobo (choco/mog second attack),

5.  Attack tab:  Multiple duplicates of Limit breaks, especially Caits.  Caits move which damages the party seems to be absent.

None of these are bugs.

1. No, they're not. If you want to change the PC's text you'll have to create the kernel2.bin from the File menu. The "Update Text" is intentionally greyed out in PC mode because changing it in the KERNEL.BIN doesn't make a difference. That is only there to save time when editing the PSX KERNEL.BIN since compressing is a little slow. If you want to change the text of the PSX items, that box will need to be checked.

2. Not helpful. I need to see the full error window. Make sure you have the Power Packs from the first post installed.

3. Can't help you if it doesn't happen all the time

4. This already got answered

5. This is a KERNEL.BIN oddity. While the limits' text are in the KERNEL.BIN, the data is not. Attack 128 and on are only the menu items that select Limit Breaks. The first set (98-121) contain attack data for what I call "secondary Limits" such as Cait's Slot attacks, Vincent's transformations, and Tifa's attacks. I'm not sure how to explain it, but only 128 attacks are stored in the attack data of the KERNEL.BIN, but 256 attack names are stored there as well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2009-06-06 17:27:25 »
Yes sorry about number 2, as a hobbiest programmer myself that was rather lazy of me.  It happens all the time so I will send you the full error (below)  Bare in mind that I am using Vista x64

Also, I can't seem to make "imprisonment"  work at all...?  It seems to do nothing...  You see I want to inflict it on myself or another monster and create a death or gameover scenario instantly (kind of like what Zanmato does in FFX)  I could always achieve this by Reducing HP and MP to 0 (so that player cannot use Final attack + revive etc)

Error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at WallMarket.Form1.DrawStatIndic()
   at WallMarket.Form1.Draw_Curves(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at WallMarket.Form1.Radio_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
   at WallMarket.Form1.TabControl1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WallMarket
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///J:/UNSORTED/FFVII/FF7/FF7%20PC%20-%20Mods/WallMarket121/WallMarket.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks
    Assembly Version: 9.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.30214.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2009-06-09 15:58:47 »
[self-indulgent spam]Hmmm, I wonder what mods someone could make with the AI editing function?[/self indulgent spam]  :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjV7-gRwFg

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #484 on: 2009-06-09 17:25:12 »
[self-indulgent spam]Hmmm, I wonder what mods someone could make with the AI editing function?[/self indulgent spam]  :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjV7-gRwFg

lol good one.

On something a bit more serious lol...
Anyone experiencing a problem with the Materia section? There seems to be something wrong when the textboxes load the AP-pr-level bytes. I write it in the textboxes, but when I reload WallMarkd the text will not load. It is fully possible, however, to alter the data itself with the raw editor (see picture).

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #485 on: 2009-06-09 18:44:25 »
Anyone experiencing a problem with the Materia section? There seems to be something wrong when the textboxes load the AP-pr-level bytes. I write it in the textboxes, but when I reload WallMarkd the text will not load. It is fully possible, however, to alter the data itself with the raw editor (see picture).

Typo on my part. Sometimes it will show it, sometimes it won't. I know why, but it's not important to explain. Yet another thing that's been around since version 1.0.0 that no one caught. I'd like to fix some of the AI-related things (once I'm happy with the way PrC is working) then I'll fix WM. Please be patient and work around my stupid typos. :)

So bring some things back to my attention since I have a bad memory. The things that I have fixed so far (to be fixed in the next version at least) are the typo in the accessory effects (Fury -> Berserk) and this problem with the Level 3 AP. What else needs doing?

This finally just occurred to me. Both Damage Calculation functions 00h and 50h are labeled as "No Damage Calculation", but 00 should be "No Damage Calculation (Do not display Attack Name)" and 50 should be "No Damage Calculation (Display Attack Name)". It's been bugging me for a while why some attack names were displaying and some weren't when that info wasn't in the data. Now I know. :)

I was looking at some more code on the 0002h flag. I found where it's checked and I can see what it does, but I don't know what it's checking. If it is checked and some other conditions exists, then it skips a few steps. That flag is stored at 0x6C of the....AttackQueue? (0x0099E308) I'm not sure what it is. If that flag is on and if offset 0x228 of the same list is 40000h then it skips the rest of the function. Whatever it is... I'm in over my head here. Any help?

Now that I looked at it closer I realize I wasn't looking at 0002h, but 0200h, which is the reflectable property and explains why it then checked to see if the target had reflect on it. A quick(?) search through the code shows me that 0004h, currently listed as unused, apparently should have some effect, but I can't find where it checks the status of 0002h at all. Don't take that to mean that it does nothing. I couldn't find the checks for the Blade Beam effect (which I know does something) or the Critical Hit effect.

Subsequently, I learned that 0x0099E308+6Ch is current attack's special properties (so I guess the entire attack starts at 0x0099E308+52h) and 0x0099E308+228h is target's current status (Barrier, Haste, etc).
« Last Edit: 2009-06-12 14:35:28 by NFITC1 »

hhhh20021992

« Reply #486 on: 2009-06-17 07:54:27 »
How to edit the kernel.bin and kernel2.bin file? I want to replace all sword with the model of Ulima sword. i have a patch which can replace all sword with buster sword.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2009-06-25 06:58:19 »
[late response] Download Wall Market.  As soon as you get it working, open your kernel.bin with it and click on the Weapons tab.  See the box labelled "Model ID?:"?  The model ID for Cloud's Ultima Weapon is F8FF0F.  Copy that into the Model ID boxes for all of Cloud's weapons.  That's one of two ways of giving all of Cloud's weapons the model of the Ultima Weapon.  The other way is to rename some of the files in the battle.lgp.  Specifically, you would want to replace all of the files between "rtck" - "rtcy" (inclusive) with "rtcz".  The former is probably the easier option, depending on whether or not you experience troubles running Wall Market as some people do.  If you want to replace Sephiroth's Masamune with Cloud's Ultima Weapon as well, tell me and I can give you further instructions for that :-) [/late response]

Now, a question of my own, and I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.  Is there a way to attach "All" to "Enemy Skill" and make it work?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #488 on: 2009-06-25 17:34:53 »
Now, a question of my own, and I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.  Is there a way to attach "All" to "Enemy Skill" and make it work?

No, because All Materia only affects Magic Materia and the Magic menu. Even if you tried to turn on "Toggle Multiple" for each of those attacks, the game would likely reject multiple targets and either crash (I'm pretty sure it will with Angel Whisper and multiple targets) or only affect one of the targets.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2009-06-26 01:17:03 »
So it wouldn't work even if I gave the enemy skills the animations of spells like Fire and Ice, which can toggle multiple?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #490 on: 2009-06-26 02:36:41 »
So it wouldn't work even if I gave the enemy skills the animations of spells like Fire and Ice, which can toggle multiple?

THAT would work because it's the animations that crash it. It's looking for a multiple anim and not finding one and dies trying.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2009-06-26 02:50:48 »
AWESOME!!!  Okay, that resolves all my worries :D

Edit: I've just tried it, which is something I should have thought to do before asking the question, I guess...

It does not work because the Enemy Skills and magic spells do not share the same group of animation IDs.  I gave Frog Song the animation ID for Fire, but it used the animation of some other enemy attack instead.  That means that in order for Enemy Skills to toggle multiple, you need to change the animations themselves (I imagine by going into the magic.lgp and renaming files).  A bit more tiresome, but it will work.  Only thing that cannot be fixed is that the red arrows that appear in the magic menu with "All" do not appear in the "Enemy Skills" menu.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-26 03:28:52 by Shadowseer »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2009-06-26 03:09:50 »
I have a (noob) question if you wouldn't mind asking:

with reguards to the animation for sephiroth's supernova people have said that it can't be done due to the fact that it is tied to his id

well after using the proud clod program i noticed that you can actually modify the attack id for the animations that you can use.

The question i'm asking is: is it possible for you to add a feature like that to wallmarket and if that is possible would it then manage that animation? I know that this has been attempted by many before but i just want to see if i can't learn anything from trying.

thanks in advance

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #493 on: 2009-06-26 13:37:28 »
It does not work because the Enemy Skills and magic spells do not share the same group of animation IDs.  I gave Frog Song the animation ID for Fire, but it used the animation of some other enemy attack instead.  That means that in order for Enemy Skills to toggle multiple, you need to change the animations themselves (I imagine by going into the magic.lgp and renaming files).  A bit more tiresome, but it will work.  Only thing that cannot be fixed is that the red arrows that appear in the magic menu with "All" do not appear in the "Enemy Skills" menu.

I thought you were just using Fire/Ice as an example. You can change the animations to something more multi-target-friendly, but you'll have to do it while being confined to its relative animation index. I made a topic about that a few months ago.

I have a (noob) question if you wouldn't mind asking:

with reguards to the animation for sephiroth's supernova people have said that it can't be done due to the fact that it is tied to his id

well after using the proud clod program i noticed that you can actually modify the attack id for the animations that you can use.

The question i'm asking is: is it possible for you to add a feature like that to wallmarket and if that is possible would it then manage that animation? I know that this has been attempted by many before but i just want to see if i can't learn anything from trying.

thanks in advance

That's not a noob question, but it has a slightly complicated answer. No, it's not tied to Safer Sephy's ID. This is a misconception based on a lack of testing. It is actually tied to battle backdrop 0039h (the BATTLE with Safer). It very purposefully does that shattering effect on only that background, but if it doesn't find it then the game just hangs. Refer to the animation post I just referenced and you'll see that SN has a relative animation of 8Fh, but adding 4Eh to that (which is the Enemy Attack offset) gives it an absolute index of DDh. So replace, say, Fire's animation with that and set an enemy's background to 0039h and watch them get melted (I just did it so I know it can be done). Also, if you replace an E.Skill's animation with A7 it will have the same effect.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2009-06-27 07:35:03 »
this may or may not be a bug but in the character growth section when i change the number of the stats the curve doesnt change also the min- max section same page doesnt change to the projected max by my calulations

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2009-06-27 07:41:53 »
i think that it only updates the info if you either press enter after changing the value, or click another stat and go back, it doesn't update as you type it in, and i know that it updates for me because i just checked.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009-06-27 08:14:35 »
Hey NFIT, thanks a bunch for helping me understand the whole deal with supernova. I just used it on safer sephiroth and it looked pretty awesome to say the least.

quick question though, i'm trying to edit most of the enemy skills to make special moves i liked in the game (i already have heartless angel and for kicks i put in pale horse and supernova) so i was wondering if you knew of any really good animations like stigma i could use that uses enemy skill id tags

and a final question: does the battle scene have to be the spiraling heavens (safer battle) for supernova? or does editing the id merely change how the backround is registered/used/insert term here that doesn't make me look stupid?

the reason i ask is because i can't get my hands on a scene editor as the links for it is dead now.

thanks in advance

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2009-06-27 08:49:52 »
the reason i ask is because i can't get my hands on a scene editor as the links for it is dead now.

This one isn't dead, and it's a really good one to boot:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7186.0

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2009-06-27 09:00:19 »
Thank you very much shadow! you've given me more than i wanted (which is a good thing)

awesome

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2009-06-27 09:36:27 »
You're welcome :-)  Between Hojo and Proud Clod, there's very little left in the scene that must be edited with a hex editor.

NFITC1, thanks for the link!  It's very useful.

So I've been inspired now... What would I have to change a summon's animation to in order to get Supernova?  It'd be cool to replace KotR with Supernova, so that it is still a cheap move, but only available in that one battle against Safer Sephy.