Author Topic: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP  (Read 221915 times)

Midgar

• View Profile
Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #25 on: 2006-02-18 14:53:19 »
btw Midgar, nice to see your avatar growing

Thanks Chaoscontrol, but I think this is the maximum size it will ever be, maybe switch a couple characters.

You have very good programming skills dziugo! I look forward to whatever you will make later. Is it possible to make a summons movies shortener? I hate having to wait so long for a lot of movies...
Thanks!

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #26 on: 2006-02-18 16:57:57 »
Anything for people who can type my nick correctly :P

dziugo

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006-02-18 18:51:19 »
Cool dziugo, hope to see your work soon!

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #28 on: 2006-02-20 16:49:32 »
Misc patch added - LuckyTifa. See the first post in this thread for download link.

Info:

It will patch your ff7.exe so Tifa will always get "Yeah!" in her limit break. That's all.

Additional info:

Code patched at:
Code: [Select]
0x006E3778:
0xB1 0x02 0x90 0x90 0x90 0x90 0x90

0x006E31E8:
0xB0 0x02 0x90 0x90 0x90 0x90 0x90

0x006E34A0:
0xB0 0x02 0x90 0x90 0x90 0x90 0x90

It can also be done by editing the data files, but I'm too lazy to do that.

dziugo

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-02-23 00:15:55 »
This is a bit of a blantant bump, but you really should put links up to your software in the Compilation of Programs section, the thread keeps disapearing way down the bottom.

-- add--

Hey, i was using the skip movie function & i skipped a movie, now clouds running around like his hyper or something.. hehe.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-02-23 06:56:07 »
Quote from: smithie
This is a bit of a blantant bump, but you really should put links up to your software in the Compilation of Programs section, the thread keeps disapearing way down the bottom.
Ok, I'll make a list.
Quote from: smithie
Hey, i was using the skip movie function & i skipped a movie, now clouds running around like his hyper or something.. hehe.
This time it's not Square's mistake, but I'm not going to fix it. It's soo cool :)

dziugo

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006-02-23 08:06:33 »
This time it's not Square's mistake, but I'm not going to fix it. It's soo cool

I was going to say not to fix it, i keep using it to make it threw the game quicker :D .

DrSunnysock

« Reply #32 on: 2006-02-26 22:13:49 »
"Misssing file: ff7.exe
Sorry, no patching today.
Press any Key to continue..."

:(

What do I do?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006-02-26 22:16:35 »
Move the downloaded files to your FF7 directory, so the patcher can find your ff7.exe

dziugo

DrSunnysock

« Reply #34 on: 2006-02-26 22:22:49 »
Quote from: dziugo
Move the downloaded files to your FF7 directory, so the patcher can find your ff7.exe

dziugo

Thank you. <3

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006-03-03 15:52:48 »
Another misc patch added - LuckyCaitSith. Download it in the first post of this thread

Info:

After applying it to your ff7.exe, you get a possibility to manipulate Cait Sith's "The Slots Limit Break". How to do it?

- (essential) - activate the limit
 - use <MENU> button to activate/deactivate cheating mode
 - use <LEFT> and <RIGHT> to navigate to the slot you wish to change
 - use <DOWN> to change the current slot

The current slot has a little white box around it (only visible in cheating mode). Entering cheating mode stops the slots and leaving cheating mode activates them again. Screen (why don't you try this combination of slots? :P):

Additional info:

The code has been optimised a little bit so there is 1.3k free bytes left.

dziugo

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006-03-05 07:13:48 »
Hello dziugo!

First, let me thank you for your work! Congratulations!

Now, forgive me if I sound dumb or any thing but I'd like to ask you if your patches are compatible with Reunion's, the Saint's and the NPC reconstruction project ? If so, it'd be perhaps good to point it out!

Thanks!  :love:

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006-03-05 07:31:42 »
Quote from: Salk
(...)if your patches are compatible with Reunion's, the Saint's and the NPC reconstruction project ? If so, it'd be perhaps good to point it out!
Hmm... They are compatible with any patch that doesn't change ff7.exe (like Reunion's and NPCr) and probably compatible with those that do change it...

However, I cannot guarantee anything, so I won't put that in the main post (don't want to hear any cries "It's not compatible with my DragonBallZ mod!!! Fix it right now!!!") but I usually add lines (in the patches readme) that it has been written to be as flexible as possible when applying, so any version of ff7.exe will do. People don't read those readmies, so it's safe to do.

dziugo

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #38 on: 2006-03-08 20:12:03 »
Hey...dziugo

Do you have a webpage for all these patches? Because I rather not refer people to Qhimm's forum, if I can help it. This forum is loaded with leechers, as it is.

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006-03-08 20:21:55 »
Quote from: dziugo
Another misc patch added - LuckyCaitSith. Download it in the first post of this thread

Info:

After applying it to your ff7.exe, you get a possibility to manipulate Cait Sith's "The Slots Limit Break". How to do it?

- (essential) - activate the limit
 - use <MENU> button to activate/deactivate cheating mode
 - use <LEFT> and <RIGHT> to navigate to the slot you wish to change
 - use <DOWN> to change the current slot

The current slot has a little white box around it (only visible in cheating mode). Entering cheating mode stops the slots and leaving cheating mode activates them again. Screen (why don't you try this combination of slots? :P):

Additional info:

The code has been optimised a little bit so there is 1.3k free bytes left.

dziugo
sweet idea but one question. when do you turn it off? after you pick what you want to use or after you pick to use the limit?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006-03-09 05:55:38 »
Quote from: Threesixty
Do you have a webpage for all these patches?
Working on it, but it's a secret, so don't tell anyone :roll:
Quote from: steven
sweet idea but one question. when do you turn it off? after you pick what you want to use or after you pick to use the limit?
In "cheating mode", the slots will stop, but the game thinks that they are still running, so you have to press <OK> 4 times to activate the limit. Maybe I'll change that in a free time.
Edit: Ok, that didn't answer your question. You turn it off... Well... You don't have to :)

dziugo

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006-03-13 00:03:43 »
Er, I think that that it messes up the battle game (sometimes they were all just one). Just a little warning for those who still like the battle game, but the "Yeah!" is so worth it!

EDIT: Yeah, it is the Battle Arena. Randomly it will force a slot on me.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006-03-13 04:11:26 »
You mean the battle arena?

Ohsnap....

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006-03-13 04:53:35 »
If you could choose the slots for the battle arena that would be ultimate cheating  :wicked:

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006-03-26 02:32:26 »
transparent dialog boxes is brilliant!

Thankyou!

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006-03-26 05:53:48 »
Thank Phyltre :P

dziugo

Amayirot Akago

« Reply #46 on: 2006-04-04 06:48:09 »
I've installed the Gypt patch, however, when I press Ctrl-S to skip a movie nothing happens. Is it possible this doesn't work with the intro movie, or is something else wrong? I haven't tried any other movies in the game yet.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006-04-04 15:45:39 »
It should work with any FMV. You can check if it is installed correctly:

While in-game:
- press "Ctrl"
 - release "Ctrl"
 - press "Q"
 - release "Q"
If Gypt has been installed correctly, the "Are you sure you want..." dialog shouldn't appear. It will appear only if applying Gypt wasn't successful.

To make that window appear:
- press "Ctrl" and hold it
 - press "Q"
 - release "Q"
 - release "Ctrl"
The same goes with Ctrl+S. It has to be activated this way. Oh, and if it seems that it didn't work, press it again :) Just remember, that even if the intro movie is skipped, FF7 still waits for <OK> button to be pressed - after skipping 2 FMVs, it'll display credits.

If it still doesn't work and reading debug info (debug.txt in your FF7 main directory) doesn't help with discovering what the problem is, email/PM me - I'll try to help.

dziugo

Amayirot Akago

« Reply #48 on: 2006-04-04 16:05:32 »
My bad, it works just like you said. Thanks! :D Only thing is, the Eidos & Square movies are set to fade out when you hit a button, so I still have to let them play in order to get to the opening credits.

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006-07-18 22:33:47 »
Can't get the Skip Cutscenes to work.

Here is the code I use

@echo off

rem |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|
rem |-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Gypt Instant -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|
rem |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= by dziugo =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|
rem |-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= [email protected] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|
rem |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|

rem ====================================================================================================
rem ================================== Configure these if you need to ==================================
rem ====================================================================================================

rem ========================================= Hotkey: Ctrl =========================================
set skip=83

rem ====================================== Hotkey: Escape ======================================
set lights=68

rem ======================================= Hotkey: Alt ========================================
set quit=81

rem ==================  Don't touch anything below unless you know what you're doing!! =================

echo %1 -patch %2 -in %3 -out %4 -fulldebug 1 -nopause -skip %skip% -lights %lights% -quit %quit%

Anything wrong with that?

NVM, to skip you have to hold ctrl then press S...
« Last Edit: 2006-07-19 04:50:36 by knives »