Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4868737 times)

aquecoucou

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5725 on: 2017-08-01 21:56:32 »
EDIT; Ok, Dark Nation is undamagable in the fight with Rufus as it stands

Was the case on my side as well. I though it was intentional since the fight is easy even in Arrange due to the low damage output.

Btw, was MP Plus removed from Ziegfried ? Had no reward, but I love the new pattern he uses :)

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: 2017-08-01 22:17:42 »
Was the case on my side as well. I though it was intentional since the fight is easy even in Arrange due to the low damage output.
Considering that Dark Nation 'absorbs' HP with his regular attacks, as well as puts Wall on himself and Rufus and heals using "White Wind", the fact that none of these things happened (didn't absorb HP, didn't apply Wall to itself, didn't heal its HP) during the fight made it apparent that this was a glitch.

So make sure to comment about stuff like that when you spot it. It's better to say something in case it is a bug that Sega doesn't know about.

The fight with all three enemies at once during the elevator fight seems normal for "Arrange", but all three models are too large for all of them to all be on the field at the same time (Airhawk and Thunder Gunner are right on the sides of the Thousand Gunner tank mech thingy, so it would likely help to shrink the Thousand Gunner enemy model just a bit during that fight so the three aren't in eachothers model frames).

Anyways, I'm doing a fresh install (as the limit break descriptions for Tifa are still showing "C-"). I have old copies of the game disks I've had for damn near forever, so I'll uninstall everything, reinstall it, and then apply the chobo patch and the MDef bug fix, before then starting a new game. :sighs:
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 22:24:01 by Robo Jesus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: 2017-08-01 22:21:06 »
Good to know about the Save Point.

I found some sort of text box error in the Shinra HQ. With the Turtle's Paradise advert and the Shinra Inc advert. The Shinra Inc advert plays automatically if you get close while the Turtle's Paradise flyer has to be clicked. If you click the Turtle flyer while the Shinra Inc flyer is on screen, the two text boxes start to get all weird. Letters not showing up and the boxes themselves going off screen, etc.

Must be a contact/talk script thing, should be easily fixed.

My questions about drops/steals/morphs are all answered apart from one, looking through that WHOLE workbook, the hardedge is still nowhere to be seen. Was it removed?

Hardedge is in the game, but Soldier: 3rds now carry mythril sword instead of it. You can get hardedge from Junon and Gongaga shops.

Soulofsteel, it looks like you'll have to buy a Hardedge the old-fashioned way.

Not sure if this is the right place to report this, but Grenade Combatants in Shinra HQ are listed as morphing into Shrapnel, when they actually morph into Dirty Bombs (which I think is the earliest I've seen them). EDIT: never mind, you can buy them in the 2F shop, so it's not such a big deal :D

I'll correct the database.

Has anyone else had Cloud's Second Wind activate while he's KO'd ? He was down, Tifa finished off the last enemy, I saw the text box for Second Wind activated even though the battle was over  (kind of like how Regen is still working in that moment between victory and post-battle screen) and Cloud's HP and MP refilled to max. After the battle on the world map Cloud is alive, and fully restored.

Fought three beachplugs outside gold saucer area, no mods applied beyond NT.

I can add a handler for it so that it won't work if he's KO'd.

On the ghosts issue, this was an issue that sometimes popped up in vanilla as well. Sometimes a ghost would 'vanish' during their normal pattern of attacks, and then would never 'reappear'. I didn't spend too long hanging around to figure out what was causing that hiccup in their AI behavior to do that.
...oh dear. Crap, something messed up on my end then. I'll re-download all the files and apply them again. Nothing 'else' has been 'odd' beyond small things like that, hence why I didn't assume it to have been a glitch in the downloads, because usually when things mess up, the problems tend to be much larger than a few lines of text. Hopefully this will be fixed with the patches.

If it's not, I'll uninstall FF7, and then reinstall and repatch everything, then see if that fixes things.

EDIT; Ok, Dark Nation is undamagable in the fight with Rufus as it stands, and the patches did not fix the text issue with Tifa's limit break descriptions. The elevator battle also had Thousand Gunner, Airhawk Gunner, and Thunder Gunner all fighting at the same time (the only reason I bring that up is the enemy models were so large that they were merging into eachother at times due to their sizes as they were all fighting).

I was using the first version of 1.5, along with the current patches. Am downloading the Mk2 download of 1.5 now to see if that fixes things. If not, I guess I'm doing a fresh install.

Spoiler: show

It's intended to fight all 3 at the same time in Arrange, but it sounds like I'll need to adjust their positioning a bit. I think Dark Nation is supposed to be unkillable in the arrange fight as well. He'll run out of MP for white wind casts after 2 or so but osmose can speed this up. Enemies that are immune to damage can't absorb/heal either (irrelevant anyway, because their HP can't be reduced).

The Limit descriptions should read as:
C-
C-
C-
C-
C-
C-
COMBO BREAKER!

Btw, was MP Plus removed from Ziegfried ? Had no reward, but I love the new pattern he uses :)

He should give you it, I'll check the script.

I'm at Jenova Decay in Arrange, ready to spend the SP. Everyone is at 255/200 since a while but Cid, Vincent and Cait Sith rank up 3 times and the others rank up only once. Is it normal ?

Edit : And Aeris can't rank up.

Some later characters get free ranks so they can catch up to earlier characters. Aeris has probably ran afoul of her handler check to see if she is alive or not, I'll prob need to reverse the var check on it.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: 2017-08-01 22:31:21 »
Spoiler: show

It's intended to fight all 3 at the same time in Arrange, but it sounds like I'll need to adjust their positioning a bit. I think Dark Nation is supposed to be unkillable in the arrange fight as well. He'll run out of MP for white wind casts after 2 or so but osmose can speed this up. Enemies that are immune to damage can't absorb/heal either (irrelevant anyway, because their HP can't be reduced).

The Limit descriptions should read as:
C-
C-
C-
C-
C-
C-
COMBO BREAKER!
:blinks:

Uhm, that's set up in a way which makes it easy for players to think that something messed up in their game while they were patching things, or that something got corrupted. I get what you're doing now after you've explained it, but, well, it's easy for misunderstandings to pop up with that as it is.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: 2017-08-01 22:37:29 »
MP Plus materia (still?) sells for 560,000 gil.

Given that EXP Plus sells for 1 gil, I'm sure this is unintended.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5730 on: 2017-08-01 22:39:11 »
i was under the impression you were gonna nerf tifa.

giving work glove 2 linked slots pretty much removed all need for any other weapons.

http://imgur.com/a/A9xZ1

1200-1600 damage limit hits. lmao

and i just found a power wrist morph. heavy tank in gongaga reactor, so add another couple hundred damage to limit hits probably.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: 2017-08-01 23:47:23 »
So I just had an interesting experience. Made it to the elevator in the Shinra HQ and Aeris says it's going to get hairy so do you want to save, then you walk to the elevator and there's a new NPC that you can shop from that will also save for you. So you could probably remove the Aeris save prompt. That was not the interesting part though, when I went into the elevator and hit the button, Rufus showed up! The camera angle was just like it is normally and Aeris was totally off screen! So I figured it was time to look for the updates. I downloaded them, installed them, went back into the elevator again and this time it was THREE gunner bots all at the same time! Going to guess this is not how it's supposed to be seeing as how they are all on top of each other. So I did I bork my installation on the updates or does this need a fix?

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: 2017-08-02 00:59:35 »

giving work glove 2 linked slots pretty much removed all need for any other weapons.

and i just found a power wrist morph. heavy tank in gongaga reactor, so add another couple hundred damage to limit hits probably.
Honestly, I think Tifa is at a good spot with that kind of power considering if she gets smacked twice she dies anyway. If you use Tifa for her damage you basically have to have someone support her (via a healer/Tank) to get good use out of her.  Also, just to point it out you could have had a power wrist already if you morphed one of Jenova's adds that she spawns (I forget which one sadly)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: 2017-08-02 01:11:46 »
:blinks:

Uhm, that's set up in a way which makes it easy for players to think that something messed up in their game while they were patching things, or that something got corrupted. I get what you're doing now after you've explained it, but, well, it's easy for misunderstandings to pop up with that as it is.

lol

MP Plus materia (still?) sells for 560,000 gil.

Given that EXP Plus sells for 1 gil, I'm sure this is unintended.

Aye, but MP Plus is unique so if you sell it then it's gone forever. I can only change Materia selling prices with an .exe change, and the tool for it is very old and buggy.

The linked slots (for elemental) don't affect Limits thankfully otherwise that'd be 2400-3200 s:

So I just had an interesting experience. Made it to the elevator in the Shinra HQ and Aeris says it's going to get hairy so do you want to save, then you walk to the elevator and there's a new NPC that you can shop from that will also save for you. So you could probably remove the Aeris save prompt. That was not the interesting part though, when I went into the elevator and hit the button, Rufus showed up! The camera angle was just like it is normally and Aeris was totally off screen! So I figured it was time to look for the updates. I downloaded them, installed them, went back into the elevator again and this time it was THREE gunner bots all at the same time! Going to guess this is not how it's supposed to be seeing as how they are all on top of each other. So I did I bork my installation on the updates or does this need a fix?

The first issue was a wrong encounter; 424 was loaded instead of 423 (I mis-counted formations), and the second is that the bots weren't properly positioned. Hundred Gunner is wider than I anticipated. Nothing's wrong in installation, I'm just a bit of a klutz.

Honestly, I think Tifa is at a good spot with that kind of power considering if she gets smacked twice she dies anyway. If you use Tifa for her damage you basically have to have someone support her (via a healer/Tank) to get good use out of her.  Also, just to point it out you could have had a power wrist already if you morphed one of Jenova's adds that she spawns (I forget which one sadly)

It's prob the add that gives Jenova the physical barrier if I remember right.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: 2017-08-02 01:22:25 »

they are not morphable. i spent over a half hour trying. no matter what morph always misses.

iirc in 1.4 it was the earliest you could get earrings too

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: 2017-08-02 01:25:06 »
I concur with Geo, Tifa is not OP, just a good source of damage. Even pumped up with levels and gear, her damage output relative to enemy life and how hard they hit back feels 'within reason' to me, and I unlocked her 6th limit right around Gongaga.

No bugs yet for me entering Gi Cave, besides the already mentioned second wind while KO'd.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: 2017-08-02 01:29:39 »
they are not morphable. i spent over a half hour trying. no matter what morph always misses.

I morphed them yesterday. I currently rock the earring and powerwrist.

Did you use Earth element and then try to Morph?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 01:32:54 by Bowser9 »

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: 2017-08-02 01:31:15 »

Were you using a someone like Tifa to hit them? If so, that's why morph misses. They are technically flying enemies so you can only morph them with long range weapons likes Barret's guns or Yuffie's shuriken/boomerang.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: 2017-08-02 01:32:25 »
Were you using a someone like Tifa to hit them? If so, that's why morph misses. They are technically flying enemies so you can only morph them with long range weapons likes Barret's guns or Yuffie's shuriken/boomerang.
I was able to morph them with Tifa. This run I've decided to glass canon my way with Tifa and Aerisths so there is no mistake on my end.

EDIT: Go the fast.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 01:39:45 by Bowser9 »

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: 2017-08-02 01:35:57 »
Also, I have a small request if it is at all possible.  Could we get a save point in Costa Del Sol for Rank up's and such? After fighting Jenova, we don't have another one till Mt. Corel I think.

I morphed them yesterday. I currently rock the earring and powerwrist.

Did you use Earth element and then try to Morph?
This was my next guess since I used someone with a long range weapon to do so. I had a 50/50 shot of being correct

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: 2017-08-02 01:43:01 »
well... fuck.

ah well. i can make do without the earrings for a while anyway.

i disagree on the relative damage thing, though. she trivialized the last 2 bosses by taking over half their health in one limit string. With how easy it is to fill her limit bar it's not uncommon for her to do it 3 times a boss fight. only now she doesnt make it to the 3rd fill :D

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: 2017-08-02 02:02:54 »
For Random Encounters 'Off' should we still find random encounters in Cave of the Gi? Not the breakable rocks, or the spider web battles, just good 'ole walking along I have had a couple (albeit very few) battles against regular mobs

Edit: Okay nevermind I must have still had encounters 'On' can't replicate any encounters, apologies -
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 02:09:28 by Webbhead08 »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: 2017-08-02 02:08:02 »
The first issue was a wrong encounter; 424 was loaded instead of 423 (I mis-counted formations), and the second is that the bots weren't properly positioned. Hundred Gunner is wider than I anticipated. Nothing's wrong in installation, I'm just a bit of a klutz.

So you're supposed to fight all three at the same time? Well alrighty then.

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: 2017-08-02 02:12:30 »
You guys are crushing me in the limit department. I am in Corel now and not one of my party members is even at their 2nd tier of limit breaks yet (albeit I am switching people out this run instead of my usual pick 3 and go).

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: 2017-08-02 02:16:41 »
Would concur with Geo again about the Costa Del Sol save point - I thought I just couldn't find it in the town somewhere but if one wanted to turn encounters off, or on, or rank up, after the ship I think you are out of luck until the top of the tracks save point from Vanilla which is a decent hike.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5745 on: 2017-08-02 02:28:44 »
I didn't realize it was an issue since by the time I'm at Costa Del Sol I'm eager to abuse Sleep. Now that you guys bring it up, though, I get the same feeling.
I'm not sure where in Costa Del Sol. Maybe in the villa? In the bathroom (lol)?

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: 2017-08-02 02:38:29 »
Yeah I mean its not 'problematic' but given the big fight, and that your chars might top out at 255 SP if they aren't already, it would be a nice quality of life convenience to be able to make the adjustments and/or spend the points.

Bowser you using seal+added effect on wep or cast ? 

Edit: How to get back to Fort Condor after Cosmo Canyon events, without going the long way? Can't find the guy...
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 02:40:57 by Webbhead08 »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: 2017-08-02 03:00:10 »
I use Seal on cast, though the 22 MP cost makes you think before use on a low level run. I rarely use Added Effect due to the lower chance, but I'll go for it if I've got space on a tank. Cover, Counterattack, Seal + Added Effect.

It's just that, based on my experience with previous versions of NT, Mt Corel is filled to the brim with enemies that aren't immune to sleep. It really helped with morphing everything and cataloguing back before a database (or Proud Clod) was available.

I also did not find the Fort Condor runner in Cosmo Canyon. I just hiked it back.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 03:05:06 by Bowser9 »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: 2017-08-02 03:30:31 »
Description for Ramuh reads 'Bolt summon' and nothing else, should also have paralysis in description ?

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: 2017-08-02 05:13:48 »
Out of curiosity, is the enemy model for "Bludown" in the Junon Area supposed to be partially transparent?