Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.12.0b)  (Read 223911 times)

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [0.7b] Deling - a FF8 field editor
« Reply #50 on: 2012-08-24 10:26:33 »
Thank you for this awesome program.
How can I export font into an image format and re-import  in to .tdw? because I want to localize ff8.
Thank you.

As I say, it's not possible for now, because I was not able to program it. After a while, I decided to release Deling without this feature. So maybe for next version.

conx

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2012-08-24 14:31:03 »
Thanks myst6re for replay
I have one more question^^.
What is the function of the tdw file is it used for character declaration and character width?
If I want to edit the texture of the font should I edit sysfnt.tex in menu.fs?
Thanks
-----------------------
@Leonhart7413
Sorry, Can't reply your pm because my account doesn't allow me that.
I think you can translate ff8 after modding the drawing of font file also modding the character declaration file, Then you can translate the text using myst6re's program.
that's all what I know^_^!

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #52 on: 2012-08-24 15:53:49 »
What is the function of the tdw file is it used for character declaration and character width?
If I want to edit the texture of the font should I edit sysfnt.tex in menu.fs?

The tdw file contains character widths and a tim texture, but this texture is unused by FF8 PC, who uses sysfnt.tex in menu.fs instead. Then, if you want to edit the texture of the font, you must edit sysfnt.tex (in menu.fs) for the texture data and sysfnt.tdw (in main.fs) for character widths only. (Note that the sysfnt.tdw file in menu.fs appears to be unused.)

conx

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2012-08-24 16:03:01 »
Thanks myst6re again.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2012-10-13 01:47:24 »
I'm not yet sure of the exact conditions, but I can't seem to get Deling to replace some files. The Replace progress window pops up, but nothing changes when it's done. I'm noticing this problem when trying to replace files in main_chr.fs, and when trying to insert my modified main_chr.fs back into field.fs. I'm currently working over this by deleting the files from the archive and adding my files in their place.

kaspar01

• FFVIII Fan & Collector , 3D Artist , FF8RP-WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2012-10-21 11:04:44 »
This looks really great!

Thanks!

Just a question maybe someone here can help me..

I'm looking for a tool (or a method) that let me extract G.F. models (not enemy but G.F. you don't fight like Shiva Quetzal Carbuncle etc..), NPC models, 3D world and/or 3D battle enviroments.

It doesn't matter "how" i obtain these things so even a "3d-Screen-Like" method is ok for me (if it works).

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english

Edit:

I know this maybe could sound like a sort of weird request but.. it's possible to extract the walk mesh in any 3D format (.obj?)..
They could be really usefull for my project..
« Last Edit: 2012-10-21 15:30:44 by kaspar01 »

Softtm17

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2012-10-25 13:34:03 »
There is no way to save XXXX.png (for example rinoa's texture)....and after some "mods" (with photoshop for example) re-insert it?
because the original file is .dat...and if i replace it with a bmp/png/or i dont know what.....when i start a battle -> ff8 Crash.
(sorry 4 my english hope you understand)

In short..i need a converter  dat -> png/bmp/jpg/ppm -> dat....

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #57 on: 2012-10-25 18:25:57 »
[Some question about 3D models]

[Some questions about dat files]

I do not think you are in the right topic to talk about that ???.

Softtm17

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2012-10-25 18:56:10 »
I do not think you are in the right topic to talk about that ???.

In deling 0.7b if you open Battle.fs...you have a complete list of all the elements of battle (including textures)

...Now...
If i want EXTRACT "that" texture...you're program save that file in .dat.......and i can't open it with photoshop..or gimp...or any other program.
But i can save that texture/backgroundbattle if i clic over the preview; and deling save it png/bmp/jpg/ppm.
My problem is re-insert it....i have already my modded texture but i can't replace it because i have for example d4c009.png and NOT d4c009.dat....in that file (.dat) there is also the 3d model of rinoa and not only the texture....in fact if i replace it with that simple file .png...during the game, ff8 crash when there is rinoa (for example).

Can you help me? if isn't the right thread..please give me some link or any suggest to help me ç___ç i want make a lot of mod in ff8...and try to do a sort of new FF8-2 in HD of course >_<
In this moment i want only change the texture of monster/weapon/and charachters.

lowena

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2013-01-12 16:15:43 »
Hey! I've translated your program into Basque, and would love if you could add it. :) I tried to build the project myself using Qt, but couldn't figure it out... so I'll send you the file.

It's on my SkyDrive:

http://sdrv.ms/13qluqy

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #60 on: 2013-01-12 16:34:10 »
Hello! It's great to see new translations, even the most surprising :).
Here is the compiled translation file: https://sourceforge.net/projects/deling/files/ (on a separate archive for now, if you want to change something, pm me).

Thank you for your contribution

lowena

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2013-01-12 16:47:06 »
Awesome! I'm very glad to see another program in Basque, even if it's of a very specific use. :) Is it easy to compile the .ts myself? I can't really figure out how to... There shouldn't be a lot of errors, but in case there are, it would be nice to be able to compile it myself.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #62 on: 2013-01-12 17:40:18 »
You need the Qt Linguist software, I think you can find it in this package, but it installs some other softwares you don't need >:(.
To compile the ts File, go to "File" -> "Release" / "Release As...".
In fact you have two typos in your file, here is the corrected one: deling_eu.ts (save target as...)

lowena

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2013-01-12 17:51:34 »
Cool! I got it to compile. :)

I have a question about your program: When i click the down arrow for dialogs that have more than one window, nothing happens. is this intentional?

Also, what's the difference between the light grey and dark grey next to "Text##" in the dialog tree?
« Last Edit: 2013-01-12 17:56:15 by lowena »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #64 on: 2013-01-12 19:08:42 »
I have a question about your program: When i click the down arrow for dialogs that have more than one window, nothing happens. is this intentional?

A text can be shown several times in different positions, but it can also have always the same position. If nothing happen, it means the position is the same.
Look at fhpara11 > text 3 ;)

Also, what's the difference between the light grey and dark grey next to "Text##" in the dialog tree?

It's dark when the text is found in scripts. So when it's the light grey, the text can be unused.

lowena

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2013-01-12 22:10:20 »
It's dark when the text is found in scripts. So when it's the light grey, the text can be unused.
OK, I figured it was something like that. SO there are cases where it's light grey and it appears in the game, or are you just unsure?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #66 on: 2013-01-12 22:58:40 »
Hmmm, I'm unsure, but in theory there is no case where it's the bad color.

kaspar01

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2013-03-10 12:05:47 »
Maybe the work I'm doing could help you whith the Walkmesh/Texture-Overlay function we talked about..

What I actually did was:
-Open the fire Cavern entrance file
-Copy each f*kin* vertices coordinates of each point of the walkmesh one by one and placing them in 3Ds Max
-Rebuild the walkmesh Plane
-Created a camera and alligned it to the camera position showed by the editor (but seems wrong or I didn't actually understood something..)
-Created another camera and now I'm tryng to use a custom texture (positioned in front of the camera) and try to get the right position and angle for the camera manually..

here's a screen that could help to understand my method

If anyone could tell me how to export the walkmesh coordinates into a single text file (or better how to export the walkmesh to a 3D file format) I'd be very thankful to him/her..

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #68 on: 2013-03-11 22:12:40 »
I'm making Greek fonts with your editor. Can you please support both Latin and my fonts when I'm done so as I don't need to swap between Latin and Greek while I'm doing the translation? Thanks! When I'm done with my translation do I need to  place my font files in the game too or just click save?Will the new text be saved  automatically? Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2013-03-11 22:14:17 by LeonhartGR »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #69 on: 2013-03-13 05:29:18 »
Ok take a look at these fonts http://filetrip.net/dl?L4xHtZV36U
The guy who is helping me is complaining that he creates the fonts and after finishing a few characters he imports them in the program and they are missing. Like it's a bug with the program. Test them please so as we can continue. Thank you! :)

Ok they worked for the editor but there were some issues with the spacing and it seems really unstable. It keeps reseting the space limiter. And have difficulties inserting the characters in the game. This is an example of the new characters my friend created http://filetrip.net/dl?lggdhFh47M . I hope this helps you. I also noticed that there are sysfnt.tdw and sysfnt.tex in the menu.fs (not just sysfnt.tex like you say in the read me file). I'm looking forward for your reply. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2013-03-13 23:55:09 by LeonhartGR »

Husky

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2013-03-13 22:46:49 »
Hey guys, are we at the stage of being able to replace the textures on any of the character models yet? If so, can someone please explain how to do it? And if not, can someone tell me how I can help? I'm a software engineer and this project really interests me!  :D

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #71 on: 2013-03-13 23:55:43 »
@Husky Can you help with the font integration?

kaspar01

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2013-03-14 10:42:01 »
Hey guys, are we at the stage of being able to replace the textures on any of the character models yet? If so, can someone please explain how to do it? And if not, can someone tell me how I can help? I'm a software engineer and this project really interests me!  :D
When replacement of textures and model of city/gardens will be avaiable I'd be glad to make new ones and share them :)

Shuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2013-05-13 12:37:55 »
What's up with hi-res fonts? Is there a specific tdw-table for them?

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #74 on: 2013-05-13 12:48:02 »
I'm still waiting for a reply to begin translation. I'm at wits end with the font integration. Have tried some things but seems to be doing something wrong or the editor or game is unstable with the change of fonts.