Author Topic: [PC] External Texture Support - Tonberry: Enhanced (2.04)  (Read 467529 times)

Einherion

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC] External Texture Support - Tonberry: Enhanced (2.04)
« Reply #300 on: 2017-10-17 02:10:59 »
So, i think i will have to give up. I get the following error and tried the things on the next page. http://www.errorlive.com/exception-code-0xc0000005
I got the launcher to start up with Method 3. however, the game then crashed. Im just gonna rest on this. im posting this incase it helps someone else.

SpoonyOrbit

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2017-12-01 06:03:01 »
Great collection of mods and I did purchase the Pandora mod pack. Playing through the game when I came across the part where squall is carrying Rinoa on the train tracks to Esthar their bodies disappear behind a block whenever they pass a light pole.  I did a fresh install leaving out Project Eden and Rebirth Flame

I thought by chance that might fix what I saw plus some other odd glitches or blimps/misplaced lines in the background.  I think using Edens textures with Angelwings hashmaps has some hiccups.  Unfortunately, I didn't save anywhere around the train tracks so I'll have to track down a save at that point to see if this fixes it.  I also notice that the characters blink their eyes with the original textures.  I actually would like a character mod that upscales the current pixels much like Angelwings backgrounds.  The characters are a little too plastic in Rebirth Flame if you know what I mean.

Otherwise great set of mods!  I look forward to more and hopefully a Final Fantasy VIII remake before I die.  One can hope.

Spoony
Proud owner of Asus ROG gaming products
« Last Edit: 2017-12-01 06:07:21 by spoonyrogdrumps »

Samiiya

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2018-02-27 03:41:09 »
For everyone who got the error and with any exception code error (I guess).
Download this dll files and put them into your FF8 directory: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YU0k71W9xH7yWRhBR30VB097QDRhEoYb
This is an error for Windows 64 bit i guess, because i did run the game everything fine on Windows 32 bit, but then after I upgraded my OS to 64 bit, I got this error. And I noticed that when u installed the game, it directed to Program Files (x86) Folder, so after all i bet that x86 dlls might work. Windows 64 bit can run both software (x64 and x86) but the file itself still stayed as (x64 or x86) type file.

I fixed mine and now I can play everything fine with mods. I would be glad if this could help anyone who got the same error. :)

Sorry if my English is bad.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-27 03:46:24 by Samiiya »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2018-02-27 15:03:03 »
What are these DLLs? I can't speak for everyone, but I would not be inclined to download DLLs without knowing what they are, where they came from, etc.

Samiiya

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2018-02-28 13:25:02 »
It came from here : https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/3179560/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-package
(Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86)
We can run FF8 with Tonberry on Windows 32 bit without any errors but, on Windows 64 bit, we have to put msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll (x86 ones) into your FF8 directory to run FF8 with Tonberry. If u dont play FF8 with Tonberry, then u dont have to put those dlls into your FF8, the game would run everything fine without any errors.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #305 on: 2018-02-28 18:12:43 »
It came from here : https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/3179560/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-package
(Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86)
We can run FF8 with Tonberry on Windows 32 bit without any errors but, on Windows 64 bit, we have to put msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll (x86 ones) into your FF8 directory to run FF8 with Tonberry. If u dont play FF8 with Tonberry, then u dont have to put those dlls into your FF8, the game would run everything fine without any errors.

These are microsoft VC+ redist files - in which i mention that you need to update if you run into that specific issue on my MCINDUS Mods Guide via Steam, and it also states this is the original Tonberry thread.  It is good to know however, that you need a newer version if you're using a 64 bit OS.

msquall185

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2018-03-29 16:01:49 »
hello, i'm currently getting this problem at the main menu (after square enix's logo) . Can anyone help me fix it ?
https://imgur.com/a/ijeWC

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #307 on: 2018-03-29 19:13:37 »
hello, i'm currently getting this problem at the main menu (after square enix's logo) . Can anyone help me fix it ?
https://imgur.com/a/ijeWC

I think this is a problem with the collisions.csv and hash2map.csv either not working properly, or providing the wrong codes.  To stop this from happening, try downloading the collisions.csv and hash2map.csv from the "Project Angelwing" thread and install it into your main Tonberry folder instead of the original ones.  If that is already what you've done and you're encountering this error, try to re-download the collisions and hash2map from the Tonberry 2.04 download and put those -back- into your folder.

Jonxx

• View Profile
Re: [PC] External Texture Support - Tonberry: Enhanced (2.04)
« Reply #308 on: 2018-08-14 20:09:48 »
Hello, I have same issue. I've tried replacing those files, both redownloaded Tonberry files, and tried Project Angelwing files, but the issue remains for me. The game seems to works fine, and mods seem to work though. (Although I can't say if everything works, because I've only just started the game.) Weird. Would appreciate any help, because it keeps bugging me, I keep wondering if it will break something down the line.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2018-09-04 00:18:16 »
It's taken me 1 hour and I have given up trying to install this.

If I am having problems, what do you think the average user is going to do?

You need a clear set of instructions of how to install this.  Exactly where.  List the files.

At the moment, it's ridiculously unclear.  In fact, I'd say that someone needs to create a proper installer for it.

Installation:
It's fairly similar to Tonberry's previous versions
Install VC++ 2010 Redistributable (x86)
Extract TonberryEnhaced1.6.zip directly into your FF8 directory (I'll call it [FF8Folder] from here)
Copy all your hash files to [FF8Folder]/tonberry/hashmap folder
Copy all your obj hash files to [FF8Folder]/tonberry/objmap folder
Copy the rest of .csv files (collisions.csv and hash2map.csv) in "[FF8Folder]/tonberry" folder (Thanks Mcindus for pointing it out)
Download and copy the corresponding textures to [FF8Folder]/textures (on its propper directories, off course!)
Check the prefs.txt file for configuring your particular Tonberry instalation. You will find instructions on it!

Is just too much information and massively counter intuitive.  The end user should not be burdened having to understand the entire modding process. It's also out of date, because TonberryEnhaced1.6.zip is not the latest version.

Edit.

I got it working.  Basically, 1. copy files to Root folder (where ff8.exe / ff8_**.exe is)  -
Copy texture files to texture folder
Copy ".csv" from relevant mod to [Root]\tonberry\hashmap

The instructions need to be way simpler and an installer needs to be made imho.

Any case, it's not looking too hopeful for RaW to load dlls when Tonberry is loaded - looks to me like the hook file is changing something.
« Last Edit: 2018-09-04 00:48:54 by DLPB »

draven81

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2019-04-05 16:29:20 »
ok im a little behind on the mod scene what exactly do i need todo to install this

Khaolyss

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2019-04-26 00:50:59 »
Tried installing, but for some reason the game won't launch as long as d3d9.dll and d3d9Callback.dll are in the root folder. If I remove these two files, the game DOES launch. Most of the mods I installed still seem to work, except for AngelWing, Battlefield and Horizon . (Other installed: Apocalypse, LunarCry, Hellfire, Tripod, RebirthFlame(upscaled)). I also installed Rose and Wine, but it doesn't seem to be what causes the problem with Tonberry as it STILL won't launch even without RaW.

Having the models upgraded is a massive improvement, but I'm stumped as to why it just won't work fully =/

EDIT: Okay, I'm officially a massive derp and none of the Tonberry mod works! The 'default' graphics on Steam are just better than I expected. =p (To my defence, the last I played FF8 was on PS2, so... a while ago.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-26 01:35:13 by Khaolyss »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #312 on: 2019-04-27 16:58:23 »
Tried installing, but for some reason the game won't launch as long as d3d9.dll and d3d9Callback.dll are in the root folder. If I remove these two files, the game DOES launch. Most of the mods I installed still seem to work, except for AngelWing, Battlefield and Horizon . (Other installed: Apocalypse, LunarCry, Hellfire, Tripod, RebirthFlame(upscaled)). I also installed Rose and Wine, but it doesn't seem to be what causes the problem with Tonberry as it STILL won't launch even without RaW.

Having the models upgraded is a massive improvement, but I'm stumped as to why it just won't work fully =/

EDIT: Okay, I'm officially a massive derp and none of the Tonberry mod works! The 'default' graphics on Steam are just better than I expected. =p (To my defence, the last I played FF8 was on PS2, so... a while ago.

d3d9.dll and d3d9Callback.dll ARE the Tonberry: Enhanced mod.  If you're on Windows 10, make sure you download the directx9c runtime installer from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
After you download it and unpack it, make sure you run DXSETUP.exe
If this doesn't solve your problem, download the microsoft vc++ redist sp1 package for 2010 and the other ones for 2013 (for 2013, download both the x86 and x64 like stated in the posts above).

Khaolyss

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2019-04-27 23:26:23 »
d3d9.dll and d3d9Callback.dll ARE the Tonberry: Enhanced mod.  If you're on Windows 10, make sure you download the directx9c runtime installer from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
After you download it and unpack it, make sure you run DXSETUP.exe
If this doesn't solve your problem, download the microsoft vc++ redist sp1 package for 2010 and the other ones for 2013 (for 2013, download both the x86 and x64 like stated in the posts above).

I am on windows 7, so I don't seem to be able to install the first link. However I re-downloaded the redists and ran repairs for the 2013 ones(2010 was fine), and it seems to be working now! HURRAY! Might have been an error when I first installed it, not too sure. Anyway, thank you for the help, take care! =D

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2019-05-07 12:03:25 »
Maybe the hash could be in the filename for some textures. You could convert the hash number to HEX so it'd use less characters. This could work well for 1 to 1 texture replacements. Where there is only 1 pallet.
start00_13,18407996689093672857 would become textures\A76B75096BB8.png or you could have a prefix still textures\start00[A76B75096BB8].png
Then for some mods you wouldn't need a hashmap just scan the directory files for the correct hash in the filename.

Is there a GitHub for TBE?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-07 14:43:35 by Sebanisu »

dkdan

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2019-05-10 11:32:28 »
It's taken me 1 hour and I have given up trying to install this.

If I am having problems, what do you think the average user is going to do?

You need a clear set of instructions of how to install this.  Exactly where.  List the files.

At the moment, it's ridiculously unclear.  In fact, I'd say that someone needs to create a proper installer for it.

Is just too much information and massively counter intuitive.  The end user should not be burdened having to understand the entire modding process. It's also out of date, because TonberryEnhaced1.6.zip is not the latest version.

Edit.

I got it working.  Basically, 1. copy files to Root folder (where ff8.exe / ff8_**.exe is)  -
Copy texture files to texture folder
Copy ".csv" from relevant mod to [Root]\tonberry\hashmap

The instructions need to be way simpler and an installer needs to be made imho.

Any case, it's not looking too hopeful for RaW to load dlls when Tonberry is loaded - looks to me like the hook file is changing something.

Hello guys,

I am having exactly the same problems as that dude had.
It's the first time I'm using mods like that, so I don't understand so much. Can someone please help me? I don't know what EXACTLY to download, where to put what, what is texture or hashmap. Where do I download that texture files? Sorry, i'm too noob with all that.
I tried to follow that first "instructions" but nothing happened, no changes at all. Probably missed many files or something.

Can someone help me?  :-\

I uninstalled and deleted the remaining folder so I can start again from 0.

Thanks in advance

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2019-05-22 08:27:38 »
I've decided to try and prepare my FF8 game for when the Spanish version of SeeD Reborn is released. So I downloaded this thing as the author said that mod is dependant on this and put it on in the ff8 folder where the .exe's are as the installation say, but then I run into this issues people is having like needing some 32 bit dll's if you playing on a 64 bit OS, there's a link and all to download them but... the link got me to no-where so now I don't know if I can use the mod or not just because I play with Windows 10, 64 bit... well now that's a kick to the balls ain't it?

---EDIT---

Also I tried to download DirectX9 runtime as another post said... it won't let me install it because I'm not using Windows server 2003, Windows 98, or others, basically my OS is messing this up...
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22 08:33:03 by Iduabren »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #317 on: 2019-05-22 18:30:22 »
I've decided to try and prepare my FF8 game for when the Spanish version of SeeD Reborn is released. So I downloaded this thing as the author said that mod is dependant on this and put it on in the ff8 folder where the .exe's are as the installation say, but then I run into this issues people is having like needing some 32 bit dll's if you playing on a 64 bit OS, there's a link and all to download them but... the link got me to no-where so now I don't know if I can use the mod or not just because I play with Windows 10, 64 bit... well now that's a kick to the balls ain't it?

---EDIT---

Also I tried to download DirectX9 runtime as another post said... it won't let me install it because I'm not using Windows server 2003, Windows 98, or others, basically my OS is messing this up...

For Windows 10, you just have to download and install both x86 and x84 versions of the 2013 VC++ redistributable package.  It comes with a lot of games, so you might have it already -- if not, just install both.  For the dx9c fix, check the MCINDUS Steam Guide and follow that link.  It should install easily for you.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2019-05-22 19:47:19 »
Sorry I was a bit frustrated on my last post. I decided to try the game as I was adding tonberry and the mods to it and lo and behold, everything worked perfectly on its own. I'm sorry if I came out rude is just that touching folders in the actual game without a mod manager is new to me and it was a scare, but as soon as I got the hang of it I could relax and forgot completely about the post I made u.u still thanks for answering.

rotschleim

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2019-05-31 18:09:33 »
Hey MCINDUS, a friend of mine was having trouble getting Tonberry working... He has it installed exactly how I have it, but it just won't work.

- We've tried disabling ReShade, it doesn't work
- We've tried turning off the Steam Overlay, doesn't work (I don't need to turn off the Steam Overlay on my end)
- We've ensured everything is in the correct place (No missing hashmaps or anything)
- We've tried the Directx9c runtime installer
- We've ensured he has the Visual C++ 2013 builds

He has Windows 10 and an NVIDIA card. He says NVIDIA recently started dropping support for x32 bit programs, and that may be why Tonberry isn't working. Could that be it? We tried for a solid hour yesterday with no results.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2019-05-31 19:47:02 »
He says NVIDIA recently started dropping support for x32 bit programs
Huh??  They dropped 32bit OS support a year or so ago, but I don't see why this would affect 32bit programs.  Indeed, dropping 32bit application support would be an incredibly dumb move on their part, assuming it's even possible.

rotschleim

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2019-06-01 01:07:22 »
Huh??  They dropped 32bit OS support a year or so ago, but I don't see why this would affect 32bit programs.  Indeed, dropping 32bit application support would be an incredibly dumb move on their part, assuming it's even possible.
I'm just throwing out possible reasons as to why it wouldn't work. Otherwise, I have no idea as to what's going on. We just want to mod the font...
« Last Edit: 2019-06-01 02:50:26 by rotschleim »

Yagami Light

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2019-06-01 09:39:07 »
I have windows 10 64 bit with a 1070 and it works fine, you probably placed the folders/files incorrectly or didn't download the right packages

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #323 on: 2019-06-01 18:36:33 »
Do you have Tonberry Enhanced v2.04 installed to your parent ff8 directory properly?  make sure you don't have it in a weird duplicate location.  Also, maybe try vc 2010 both x86 and x64 versions.  Also, make sure the 2013 vc++ pack you get is for SP1 due to it being the 'last' one released for that version.  Make sure you install the dx9c from the steam link in the MCINDUS guide, and run DXSETUP once it's unpacked in your temp folder.
Let me know if any of this helped!

Spooniest

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2019-06-04 02:26:15 »
in your temp folder

May I have the filepath please? There are lots of folders on my computer called 'temp.'

Thanks for reading.