Author Topic: [PC] MP3 Music support - Music ALPHA (Missing Download)  (Read 29476 times)

Phun

This project, Music, revolves around presenting the music of Final Fantasy VIII, which we all love, in MP3 format.

Note: Music.dll is not currently supported on x64 systems. I will develop a solution to this problem in the near future.

Download: MP3
Download: Music ALPHA

Installation:

• Extract the mp3 folder to your Final Fantasy VIII Music directory.
  • Extract detoured.dll and Music.dll to your Final Fantasy VIII directory.

The song played during the introductory credits will stop instead of fading out, and the music does not loop in segments; these issues will be resolved in future revisions.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-24 17:26:39 by Covarr »

SaveTheQueen

Re: [FFVIII] Music ALPHA
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-29 15:50:50 »
I've "lurked" the Qhimm forms for quite some time now, and while I've always been very impressed by and excited about all of the amazing FFVII mods here, I often wished that FFVIII would get a little more love. When I saw this today, I finally decided to register so that I could personally thank you for this. =] I noticed your multi-patcher, as well as a few other newer FFVIII mods springing up here and there, and it's really great to see such a fantastic game finally getting some more attention.

Best of luck on this project, and thanks again!

« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-29 23:43:39 »
O.O.
Man you sure work fast.
But, I am glad to see, that someone is finally doing a music patch for FF8 (sorry Samuel's Sound Fonts.... MP3 is better  :|)
Hope to see this completed..
As a someone else before me said..
More FF8 modding love.
 :-D

*Edit*
The New Exe. File you have provided.. causes me great sorrow...
cause it makes my game drop to desktop.. giving me that message... FFVIII.exe has stopped working
But when i switch back to the original exe. no such glitch..
O.o.

« Last Edit: 2009-07-29 23:59:40 by Rinoa »

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-29 23:57:30 »
Hopefully, in the near future, Aali will add support for Music with his driver, which will allow any version of Final Fantasy VIII to be supported.

You know, the driver already supports loadable music plugins (only for FF7 at the moment, but FF8 should have a very similar system), I will gladly help you adapt this player of yours to that system. And if it's flexible enough it may become a much needed alternative to FF7Music.

Phun

« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-30 01:31:44 »
I've "lurked" the Qhimm forms for quite some time now, and while I've always been very impressed by and excited about all of the amazing FFVII mods here, I often wished that FFVIII would get a little more love. When I saw this today, I finally decided to register so that I could personally thank you for this. =] I noticed your multi-patcher, as well as a few other newer FFVIII mods springing up here and there, and it's really great to see such a fantastic game finally getting some more attention.

Best of luck on this project, and thanks again!

Thank you. I'm glad to see such appreciation for this project.  :-)

O.O.
Man you sure work fast.
But, I am glad to see, that someone is finally doing a music patch for FF8 (sorry Samuel's Sound Fonts.... MP3 is better  :|)
Hope to see this completed..
As a someone else before me said..
More FF8 modding love.
 :-D

*Edit*
The New Exe. File you have provided.. causes me great sorrow...
cause it makes my game drop to desktop.. giving me that message... FFVIII.exe has stopped working
But when i switch back to the original exe. no such glitch..
O.o.

I think my FF8.exe is corrupted somehow. Do you remember me telling you I was having trouble between scenes? I'll see what I can do about it.

Hopefully, in the near future, Aali will add support for Music with his driver, which will allow any version of Final Fantasy VIII to be supported.

You know, the driver already supports loadable music plugins (only for FF7 at the moment, but FF8 should have a very similar system), I will gladly help you adapt this player of yours to that system. And if it's flexible enough it may become a much needed alternative to FF7Music.

I'm using a very primitive method of playing the mp3s. I want to see how well it goes before I incorperate more advanced methods (which will allow fading, looping between specific segments, and much more). Basically, why this is will take so long to finish, is because my personal life will interfere with a majority of my work, and because I must play the game from start to finish to see how the music is played and looped for each scene.

I will be gone from late tomorrow to Sunday for personal reasons, but I plan on resuming work on the project immediately after I return.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-30 01:41:26 »
Well, you should probably take a page from FF7Music there and use existing decoders as plugins.

FF7 needs the following functionality; play, stop, cross fade, pause, resume, set volume, set volume over time (transition), set tempo.
I assume FF8 doesn't need anything more fancy than that.

If you can implement these, FF7/FF8 will do the rest.

Phun

« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-30 01:57:03 »
Rinao is having problems using the modified FF8.exe. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

seifertemp

« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-30 02:23:42 »
excellent

falkTX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-30 08:05:14 »
This is what I was looking for!  :evil:

I started making "looped" songs from the orchestral arrangements (maybe piano as well, in time...)

If you promise me I'll use "my" songs, I'll be soooooo happy  :-D

Alkor

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-07-30 13:30:39 »
Phun
!!!!!!!!! :evil:
I rly waited for this tooooo long and i see it!!! omaGod! :-o
PS Just setup VS2010Beta1ENU_PRO and all works great!
Wait for modif other media :wink:

Great work man :wink:

Phun

« Reply #10 on: 2009-07-30 22:18:16 »
Phun
!!!!!!!!! :evil:
I rly waited for this tooooo long and i see it!!! omaGod! :-o
PS Just setup VS2010Beta1ENU_PRO and all works great!
Wait for modif other media :wink:

Great work man :wink:

Hopefully installing Visual Studio 2010 isn't necessary... I'll upload the redistributable libraries a bit later.

seifertemp

« Reply #11 on: 2009-07-30 23:40:13 »
The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer < what I get
« Last Edit: 2009-07-31 00:04:01 by seifertemp »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-07-30 23:57:38 »
I'll test this out later if I can find my FF8 discs.

Phun

« Reply #13 on: 2009-07-31 08:51:57 »
The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer < what I get

Use the library included with Multipatcher until I can link a copy in this thread. I am setting up my laptop (Windows Vista 64-bit) and I still have many updates left, including downloading and installing Microsoft Visual Studio, Final Fantasy VIII, and debugging tools.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-31 09:15:08 by Phun »

carlos8910

« Reply #14 on: 2010-03-11 10:17:07 »
Good morning friend need this great tool you have created for the Spanish version in Final Fantasy VIII you kindly could help me with this? because I believe that the version you think is only for Final Fantasy VIII in English and does not work in the version in Spanish. Thank you very much in advance and congratulations for this great discovery. Being on the expectation that I provide the utility and continue to improve the utility
This project, Music, revolves around presenting the music of Final Fantasy VIII, which we all love, in MP3 format.

Note: Music.dll is not currently supported on x64 systems. I will develop a solution to this problem in the near future.

Download: MP3
Download: Music ALPHA

Installation:

• Extract the mp3 folder to your Final Fantasy VIII Music directory.
  • Extract detoured.dll and Music.dll to your Final Fantasy VIII directory.

The song played during the introductory credits will stop instead of fading out, and the music does not loop in segments; these issues will be resolved in future revisions.

Dzin

« Reply #15 on: 2010-03-11 12:04:57 »
I fear Phun may not come back alive from his dwelling in the depths of vista, 6 months ago. Let's send him our best luck ;)

Omik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-05-12 14:19:50 »
great music!
Thanks, Phun you're the best)
FF8.exe can be removed from the archive, mod works with the standard label
on windows 7 x64.
I hope that the mod's for final fantasy VIII will be developed.

P.S sorry for my English))
« Last Edit: 2011-05-13 16:16:11 by Omik »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-05-13 12:13:46 »
You know that you necro-posted AND didn't have relevant information? Get to it, dude...

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-03-20 10:49:39 »
Please please please!!!! post new realase. i love this project

Don't necro a thread unless you have something to add to it. And 'please release' or 'what's the status of this project' do *not* suffice. - Bosola
« Last Edit: 2012-03-25 17:39:39 by Bosola »

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-03-21 01:31:45 »
New Download Links

Music ALPHA.rar
   mp3.rar

Backup -> MediaFire folder :  http://www.mediafire.com/?hu2q6z17zmqah

Thanks goes to falkTX who has helped me to restore the files.

UGerstl keeps the mods alive  ;)
(Bootleg project)
« Last Edit: 2012-03-25 12:42:08 by UGerstl »

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012-05-23 14:37:04 »
It would be great of someone continues this work since it's one of the most important things to do in Final Fantasy VIII... :/

Posts Merged
I have .minipsf files if needed. :)
« Last Edit: 2012-05-24 16:32:02 by Covarr »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012-05-24 16:31:29 »
Don't necro a thread unless you have something to add to it. And 'please release' or 'what's the status of this project' do *not* suffice. - Bosola

It is right there above... how did you miss it?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012-05-24 16:41:49 »
DLPB, the rules also say this:

Reporting Posts
We ask users that see a violation of the rules to use the report post function. This will give all moderators notice that an infraction has occured. Posting in the thread itself is not advised. eg: Do not post in a thread that was inactive for years. Just because someone else necro'd a topic doesn't mean it is ok for others to post in it. Moderators can't be everywhere at once... These are your forums, if you see a problem, report it.

If you see a rule violation, the most helpful thing you can do is to use the report button. Snark isn't productive.

Squall_1904, I'd like to bring your attention to this portion of the rules:

Posting Etiquette
  • Double posting is generally not allowed. If your last post was less than 24-48 hours ago, edit your post.
  • Posting in threads more than a month old IS allowed. However, if your post contains no relevant information it will likely be deleted and you will be warned. If a link is broken, inform the author by using a Private Message.

I know you know how to edit your posts, I've seen you do it. But you've managed to break two rules in one here, a needless double post and an unproductive necro. If you haven't already, please give the rules a read. Heck, even if you have, it's probably a good idea to read 'em again for a refresher.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012-05-24 16:51:07 »
Power should never be used as a club.   I was not being snarky, I am just getting very annoyed seeing this on every thread inc my own.  I guess it shouldn't be too bothered by it, you are the one who has to waste his time every time it happens, after all.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-24 17:04:01 by DLPB »

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012-05-24 23:55:32 »
What did i did so wrong about asking to continue a work or making a new one after 3 years passed since it started? Not to mention that the user who started this is no longer active. -.- It was a completely normal post. -.-