Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY VII OST (Remastered Edition) ~by Final FanTim~  (Read 155305 times)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
FINAL FANTASY VII OST (Remastered Edition) ~by Final FanTim~
« Reply #225 on: 2009-09-17 03:28:54 »
Oh come on!.....*nudges*  Don't be so modest!.... :roll:

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009-09-17 03:31:19 »
I think Final Fantim can't fathom the awesomeness of what he's done!  :mrgreen:

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009-09-20 22:32:45 »
I think Final Fantim can't fathom the awesomeness of what he's done!  :mrgreen:

:lol:

Im seeing it all as a learning process to become better  :roll:

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009-09-22 01:50:40 »
Excuse me, but am I the only one or is it really missing something from 'Highwind Takes to the Skies'?  :?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009-09-22 02:03:52 »
finalfantim, could you link ne resources you might've read online if any pertaining to remixing/remastering?

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009-09-22 03:35:08 »
Could you also make a remastered version of "The Moogle Takes to the Skies" and the No Heartbeat Intro of "Those Chosen By the Planet"?... I think theses are the ones that are left out....

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009-09-23 02:48:02 »
Excuse me, but am I the only one or is it really missing something from 'Highwind Takes to the Skies'?  :?

No you are correct. Highwind Takes to the Skies is missing some horns and a bassoon (i guess) because (believe it or not) activates/deactivates random when exporting. Meaning when i export it, there's a chance the horns/bassoon will be in it and sometimes it wont. I was spending (not kiddin) 4 hours looking for a cause and i guess its a wrong CC Midi data, but i couldn't find it. Sorry for the minor glitch but im not going to try and fix it again :D.

finalfantim, could you link ne resources you might've read online if any pertaining to remixing/remastering?

Certainly...I found this article very useful when mastering audio:
http://www.modernbeats.com/hit-talk/mastering-audio-with-t-racks-3

It may look like a specific guide for that particular VST, but you can use that knowledge on every similar VST :)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-23 02:56:36 by finalfantim »

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009-09-24 15:22:59 »
hey i got a question. will the songs be updated alot? because i downloaded all of the disks. will there be any changes?

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2009-09-24 23:55:00 »
hey i got a question. will the songs be updated alot? because i downloaded all of the disks. will there be any changes?

Nope, i think its time to let the flaws go for now  :-D I already spend too much time on it  :wink:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #234 on: 2009-09-26 06:49:33 »
Man. I listen to some of these and all I got to say is NICE! I wish to use these (if I have permission that is) onto my FF7 PC game, but FF7music is just too complicated for me. Grr.  :x

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009-09-26 19:46:33 »
Man. I listen to some of these and all I got to say is NICE! I wish to use these (if I have permission that is) onto my FF7 PC game, but FF7music is just too complicated for me. Grr.  :x

Have you tried using Ficedula?

zidane_tribal93

« Reply #236 on: 2009-09-26 20:33:22 »
Your remastered album is epic :-D.Final fan tim any chance of doing albums for ff8 and ff9?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009-09-26 21:21:31 »
IIRC...

Any chance of doing FFVIII?

Maybe but not in the near future :)

and

FINAL FANTASY VI (6) OST Remastered Project has been canceled!

I recently (after FFVII OST Remastered) studied the art of 'proper' mastering techniques. I mastered FFVII OST Remastered in my own way, but it could even sound better if i knew the proper mastering techniques back then. Unfortunatly, proper mastering takes about an additional 3 to 5 hours to complete (depending on the genre/instruments used) on top of the 4 hours correcting midi data for samples. Because im a perfectionist, i want to master my tracks proper but given by the amount of time that will take (8 hours * ~ 60 tracks = 480 UNPAID hours :lol:). So decided not to go through since i also have other stuff going on (university/work)

So....now for THE GOOD NEWS!:
When i was practicing mastering etc...i just opened a random midi file that i had stored on my computer and it was FINAL FANTASY IX - Battle Theme. I was messing around with it, and it started to sound rather nice. One problem....it was really loopy to be a full feature track. So...i searched my brain for my  basic chord knowlegde and made my own arranged version of it (so not only remastered, but also REARRANGED)

Here is the result...Battle Not Alone!:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VF2NY1T4

« Last Edit: 2009-09-26 21:24:13 by titeguy3 »

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009-10-05 01:47:43 »
By the time FinalFantim dies, he'll have done his own Video game OST, and be working for Nobou...(:P Just guessing  who knows.)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009-10-05 15:43:08 »
Now you're being silly   :lol:

By that time he would have replaced Nobuo.... :roll:  or something?....  :wink:

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009-10-05 20:24:59 »
By the time FinalFantim dies, he'll have done his own Video game OST, and be working for Nobou...(:P Just guessing  who knows.)

Now you're being silly   :lol:

By that time he would have replaced Nobuo.... :roll:  or something?....  :wink:

Haha best compliments ever!!!  8-)

Although im honored, i could never replace N. Uematsu, but i would love to compose and rearrange music with him...

Now...how do we solve the language barrier?  :|

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009-10-05 22:34:53 »

Now you're being silly   :lol:

By that time he would have replaced Nobuo.... :roll:  or something?....  :wink:

Haha best compliments ever!!!  8-)

Although im honored, i could never replace N. Uematsu, but i would love to compose and rearrange music with him...

Now...how do we solve the language barrier?  :|

No clue...Though who would like to work with Uematsu? EVERYONE thats who  :mrgreen: I personally wouldn't mind meeting Hideo Kojimia (MGS Creator), that would be totaly &$@#ING AWSOME!!!! Working with Nobou would be even better...listining to his epic composing in person is just one of those things thats so rare...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009-10-05 22:58:05 »
I dont know about working with him, composing along side him I'd feel like a dork. chilling out with him, that'd be awesome. an interviewer from IGN spent a day or two with him and a translator, they walked his dog, and sat all afternoon drinking beer as the interview was conducted. Apparently his wife is also very nice. (nobuo is a super chill "nice guy")

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009-10-10 17:33:10 »

How about Rosetta Stone:wink:

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009-10-17 16:54:42 »

How about Rosetta Stone:wink:

Good one  :wink:
I really want to learn Japanese  :-)
Although i tried many "learn japanese" (audio)books and software, somehow, i constantly forgetting words.
Rosetta Stone sounds like a wonderful idea :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009-10-17 16:57:45 »
Rosetta Stone sounds like a wonderful idea :P

I'm very sceptical about language learning software; it always seems to good to be true, and most people who use them have said they haven't been helpful enough to justify the cost.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009-10-17 17:49:16 »
I find that Rosetta stone isn't the best I've learned some words But they start giving you images where you either aren't sure what they are talking about (or i'm just over thinking..)

One i remember specifically is I think it was (and forgive me as i can't write in nihongo or) "wakai onnanohito" Or something like that And in the image it was a women moving, So i assumed it meant walking, Though i think i looked it up and google disagreed..

Another one was a boy that seemed he was jumping. but he could have also been hopping, maybe he was leaping. So i wasn't sure what the word meant...

But maybe i'm just overthinking it.. I'm sure halkun can clear things up haha

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009-10-17 18:04:38 »
I haven't learnt Japanese (besides a few basic phrases that keep popping up in anime), but I do have a bit of language learning experience (more than most native English speakers, at any rate).

If you want to learn a language without going to a class or a place where it is spoken, you need to put in a lot of effort. Whatsmore, you must always try to read and listen to material that was aimed at native speakers, because stuff aimed at learners usually has simple vocabulary and sentence structure, and is more carefully pronounced than it would be in a normal conversation. Trying to learn by following a single self-contained course such as can often be found in language learning software usually won't work very well, unless you only want to learn the basics of the language (and I can't see why someone would only want to learn the basics of Japanese).

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009-10-18 01:23:49 »
Does anyone know of any kids shows in Japanese? Because my mother said that she learned english when she was around twenty-ish by watching Sesame Street. And that makes sense. Kids learn the language from the bottom up. So that should be the case with anyone who wants to learn a language, right?

Anyone know of Jap shows like Sesame Street? Maybe that'd help FFtim. I know I'd like that. Because just watching anime in Japanese wouldn't be very helpful (least not to me).