Author Topic: Does FF7 (PC) apply a native reverb effect?  (Read 2150 times)

elezeid

• View Profile
Does FF7 (PC) apply a native reverb effect?
« on: 2020-04-19 01:45:40 »
I couldn't find an answer to this question regarding ogg filetypes.  There's plenty of information on PSX reverb and MIDI reverb, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.  This question applies mainly to the .ogg files. 

Essentially, I've recreated a few of the tracks from FF7 for use alongside the Reunion mod.  They use the instrument samples found mainly in FF8 and FF9, for a slight increase in overall audio quality, without losing their old-school charm.

My question boils down to whether or not the game will apply its own reverb effect in-engine in specifically the PC version.  If it doesn't, then I'll need to add the effect myself, (which is easy enough) I just need to know if it's necessary.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any insight on this!

Agravaile

• View Profile
Re: Does FF7 (PC) apply a native reverb effect?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-30 07:03:46 »
Ooh, would be nice to have those reverb effects restored in the audio. Looking forward to the mod! Do you plan on fixing the reverb effects on FMV audio too? If i remember correctly, the intro FMV was also missing those reverb effect on beginning of the Bombing Mission track. I'm not sure if the audio is coming from the FMV, though. Maybe it playbacks the Music during playback. If that's the case, then it's better.