Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 506040 times)

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #400 on: 2009-08-23 11:49:18 »
is it possible to make a 'copy/past' feature for the animation frames?

since if you for instance make cloud use his manip animation as his spell casting animation <just a example and without editing any of his other data> you'd have to change all the stuff detail for detail and it isn't always 'right'. (such as the 'end result' pose being similar but not exactly like the other animation frame)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2009-08-24 05:49:41 »
Borde, i can't open your kimera for the life of me (v0.9b) Says i was missing dlls. and ocx, got those, then tried registering them, didn't want to. So i opened up my XP VM, put everything on there, registered the files, tried running it. App hangs without opening a GUI, just says it's not responding..

Any idea as to why?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2009-08-25 10:57:48 »
Ok, I finally uploaded yet another bugfix (this never ends...). I also added the option to see the ground. Now you can see how much sunken on the ground your models are (please, keepin mind that some models are actually suposed to be sunken). I also added a couple of Izban's requests:
-View last frame's "ghost".
-Propagate animation changes to the following frames.

hellbringer616 I don't have a clue about what could be causing such behavior. I only have acces to win xp machines, so I can't test Kimera on Vista/Windows 7. Did older version (specialy 0.9/0.9a) work?

Murak Modder I think Kimera's interface is aready pretty crowded... I think it would be better to do a separate program to do that ind of stuff.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2009-08-25 16:01:26 »
8.4b worked, but was buggy in 7, and i didn't have my XP machine so i don't know otherwise

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2009-08-26 04:22:34 »
Alright! Glad to see the new version working correctly  :-)  I do have a question though... is it no longer possible to edit enemy weapons?  I've got a modified MP (using the previous release) and now it seems I can't make any adjustments to it?  Any ideas?   My first guess is my **AA file is now a little corrupt :|

Well I managed to resize his weapon using the 'bone options' xscale yscale zscale, and saved it.  Now my **AA is corrupt, but will still open just fine, it just won't save.  I'll try replacing his weapon tomorrow to see if that will work.

EDIT
So I replaced the **AA file with the original.  I also realized that his gun is part of his hand, so I changed its name from **CL to **BN.  However, I think what the problem actually is is that when I modified the 'bone options', for some reason Kimera decided to create all 9 remaining texture files ( the same problem I think .9a had ).   Anyways, problem solved.

If it's not an easy fix for Kimera, I would say don't worry about it. I imagine it would be pretty unlikely that someone would stumble upon the same problem.   Instead... let's look forward to a 1.0 release  :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-08-26 12:35:29 by obesebear »

Cyber Light

« Reply #405 on: 2009-08-26 15:37:08 »
Help me fix this Borde. Here is my Bahamut Zero working.

But after i change Bone rotation and this happens

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2009-08-28 17:13:31 »
Ok, uploaded a bugfix.
    -Solved a bug that repositioned battle model weapons while saving.
    -Solved a bug saving summons skeletons.
    -Added an option to make the animation set the model above the ground.
    -Added an option to synchronize weapons position to that of a specified bone.

Let's see how long this last one lasts...

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2009-08-28 19:36:20 »
Wow, keep it up Borde, Kimera keeps getting better and better! The show ground and compute ground height are amazingly useful!

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2009-08-28 20:23:40 »
Hey borde, i have no idea why this happened, but when i opened up a model I did before, for some reason it wouldn't load the head, i adjusted the height of the idle animation on the Y axis so it was above the ground, and i changed the placement of the weapon to match, however, when i saved and loaded it, the head bone was gone, removed from the skeleton and i told it to show bones and according to kimera, there simply wasn't a bone where the head used to be, and the weapon was about 20 metres from where i adjusted it to be.

(although i notice you uploaded a bug fix which stops the weapon models being repositioned)

the version i was using was the initial release of 91 btw if that sheds any light on it.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #409 on: 2009-08-29 17:11:14 »
 :-o wow, impressive updates :D i love this tool, my favourite tool for FF7. the "show ground" option is a nice touch.
oh, and just so you know, you DID change that typo, but it's still not right :P
Oh, and if you're willing to take a suggestion, is it possible to add a button so you can center the camera on the character's current position instead of centering it automatically on the characters initial position? for instance, its almost impossible to see some animations (like braver for cloud) close up, unless i pan the camera towards him, which is fine, until i want to rotate the camera around him, then the camera will rotate around the center of the stage instead of cloud, making me have to pan all the way back to him and everything gets really confusing and tedious. you get me?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-29 17:30:57 by NeoCloudstrife »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2009-08-30 01:16:07 »
So the head got blown away? Wonder how could that happen. Could I take a look at the model Murak Modder?
And yes NeoCloudstrife, I was planning on adding some follow character camera option.

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2009-08-30 13:49:45 »
Sorry, i don't have the model that lost its head, i 'fixed' it by changing the rtda back to one before it got messed up, but in the new kimera it loads the head fine, whereas in the initial release of kimera 91, it insists the head isn't a valid .p file, but i can't get it to 'repeat' the bug where the head bone itself was removed.

if you want to take a look at the model that won't load the head in initial 91, i could send you it. (but it does look like you fixed it in 91a)
« Last Edit: 2009-08-30 13:51:26 by Murak Modder »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2009-08-30 16:39:55 »
Nah, if it's already fixed I guess it doesn't matter. Thanks anyway.

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• Blood is the drink of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2009-08-30 21:26:08 »
Alright. I am getting really pissed off.
I am trying to make a character, like my own, from existing FF7 parts...
here is my W.I.P Shot..

but the issue is, when ever i save that model.. i get an error.. 424
and when i try to use the paint option i get errors.. ...and this is for all kimeras......
well 84b, 90,90a,90b, 91, 91a

and i only started getting issues last night.....
 when i replaced the guard scorpion with Dyne... animations.. AI and all..
i don't know if that has any weight in what the  problem is....

i re-downloaded... and no go..
-.-

i don't know what the issue is.. :S

the model saves sometimes.. been when it does save.. i cannot open it again.. it gives me a run time error.
>.>

here is the model uploaded if you need it...
http://www.mediafire.com/?n5nlvvnjnnm
« Last Edit: 2009-08-30 21:44:45 by Blood_Crow »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2009-09-01 20:47:59 »
I can't belive it... yes, you're right. In fact, the code which handles the weapon transformation it's so screwed that it doesn't even make sens sythactically. And even that way VB6 somehow manages compiles it. God, can this get any more absurd?!

Oh well, enough ranting. I'll release a fix tomorrow. This time I'll include Undo/Redo buffer. We will see how many "wonders" this new feature will bring us...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2009-09-02 01:46:40 »
Haha, I was just about to mention the 424 error..  Good luck Borde :-)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2009-09-03 15:59:09 »
Ok, uploaded the new version.
As promissed you can now undo(CTRL+Z)/redo(CTRL+Y).
Also I'm suprised noone has noticed how the buttons to delete polygons with the selected color/... didn't work at all since version v0.8. Actually, they did absolutely nothing.

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2009-09-03 17:03:09 »
I noticed they did nothing, but i really... had no use for it since i prefer to do it the old fashioned way and manually delete for when i need parts. (since that feature didn't always work exactly as intended)

and the new version had no errors that i could see thus far, i edited 6 models, adjusted weapon, changed 3 animations and some misc changes where i gave cloud random enemy model parts, it seems to work fine so far. =3

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2009-09-03 19:23:46 »
sometimes when using the undo function I get error 9 subscript out of range

But its working fine for everything else  :-)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2009-09-03 20:49:43 »
Well, I guess it was asking for too much it worked correctly in the first version. Where are you getting the error, in the general model or in the P editor?

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2009-09-04 02:30:23 »
Well, I guess it was asking for too much it worked correctly in the first version. Where are you getting the error, in the general model or in the P editor?

P editor, but it seems to happen randomly, it crashes with error 9, but then I can re-open and it works fine, then later i use it again and get error 9? So it does work, but I need to restart it after initial crash for it to work properly...

Cyber Light

« Reply #421 on: 2009-09-06 02:55:10 »
Why i change (Resize, Reposition, Rotation) 1 -> 4 times and Kimera working  very slowly. This never happened in previous versions  :?

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2009-09-07 00:25:01 »
Just noticed that the texture adding, changing etc. doesn't work for battle models in 092  :|

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2009-09-07 00:59:59 »
Just noticed that the texture adding, changing etc. doesn't work for battle models in 092  :|
You can easily work around this problem using Image2Tex until Borde fixes Kimera... again, lol.

Good luck, Borde!  It seems like as soon as you fix a problem... another one pops up :-P   

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #424 on: 2009-09-07 14:33:53 »
Ok, Borde, got a question.
Theoretically, on a scale of one to ten, one being the hardest and 10 being the easiest, If you were to implement an entirely new model/animation format into kimera, provided you knew both the formats already like the back of your hand, and you knew how to implement them, how easy would that be? i'm just curious, is all, and i have a friend who says he wants to, in the future, make an editor for the mdlx/mset format from KHII files. i thought something like kimera would be very similar to the predicted outcome of his ventures, since it can save in the FFVII formats, and edit each bone's animations frame by frame. just something that crossed my mind.