Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 503488 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #425 on: 2009-09-07 15:44:10 »
Hello everyone.
It seems Kimera never ceases to show how things can go wrong one time after another. Well, sorry. I'm working on fixing things up.

I don't quiet understand your problem Mike Strife Nguyen. Is the framerate low? Then you could enable the DList optimizations. It will make the rendering process faster, but I left it disabled this time because it can cause some graphical glitches when you start doing changes.

As for your question NeoCloudstrife, It's hard to reply. I'd provably say about 4. Let's face it, Kimera's desing isn't too good. I tried to do things well, keeping the different comeponents independent, making the code easy to follow... but as time passed I grew tired and started doing some nasty things. Anyway, I'd tell your friend to do some Import/export plug-in for 3Ds Max or something like that. Dealing with one of those plug-ins APIs can be hard (It took me ages to do some things on XSI), but in the end you don't have to worry about all the stupid little bugs that you can read on this thread... frankly, that's what I should have done. Maybe I will.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2009-09-07 18:17:38 »
Does there happen to be a list with all versions of kimera on here? Im looking for one of the older versions to test something

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2009-09-07 18:54:10 »
Which one do you need sl1982?
These are the versions that are currently uploaded:
*Kimera v0.7: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9K69IQPQ
*Kimera v0.84c: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VHUMTZ2Q
*Kiemra v0.9: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RNNEZC9N
*Kiemra v0.9a: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WXKD1EAJ
*Kiemra v0.9b: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1BT34199
*Kiemra v0.91: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LX8UER9E
*Kiemra v0.91a: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L4P7T2XM
*Kiemra v0.92: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UBK1O1L4
If you need something older, let me know.

-mod edit-
*Kimera v0.93: http://www.filefront.com/16569985/Kimera093_bin.7z/

Here a file I found some time ago that contain all the libraries I ever needed.  So if anyone lack some dll, ocx or any library files just download this, install it and it should work :-).
libraryfiles.exe

« Last Edit: 2010-06-18 18:49:47 by obesebear »

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2009-09-08 14:51:19 »
Update on my Kimera Problem

The Texture options work on the first model I open, but if I use the same kimera window to open another model the texture options are not clickable  :|, so I have to close kimera and re-open it and then load another model, not much of a problem, but a fix would be nice

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2009-09-13 02:01:50 »
Yo Borde,
I'm having the same problem as Mike.  It works just fine upon initial loading and repositioning.  But after only a few adjustments the entire program slows to a crawl when making ANY adjustment.

This is using field model if that matters any.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2009-09-13 03:19:23 »
Yo Borde,
I'm having the same problem as Mike.  It works just fine upon initial loading and repositioning.  But after only a few adjustments the entire program slows to a crawl when making ANY adjustment.

This is using field model if that matters any.

This is probably because of the undo/redo ability that's new in this version, best solution is to drag the slider rather than click the scroll buttons

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2009-09-13 10:37:23 »
Mmmm... that's a problem. It works fine for me, but using that much memory could end up being a problem for a weaker computer. Well, I guess I'll just shorten the undo buffer length.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2009-09-13 15:55:53 »
It's definitely not a problem of having a weak computer.  Mine is roughly 2 months old.  Possibly something to do with having x64?

Could you release a version without the undo/redo?  I've personally never made such a drastic change that I couldn't just edit it back to how it was..

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2009-09-15 01:48:40 »
Finally uploaded the new version. Hope this one works better. Here is the changelog:
-Bugfixes. A lot of them:
   -The produced animations now work correctly in-game
   -The textures are now correctly updated.
   -Several vertex/polygon picking glitches.
   -Jut too many more...
-Added the option to use point ligths (the way thing should have originally been...)
-Added an option to show the axes on the P editor.
-Added an external configuration file (kimera.cfg). Only the Undo/Redo buffer length can be set up.Setting it to 0 will disable it.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2009-09-15 01:53:37 »
YES been waiting for a new release good job man

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2009-09-15 02:26:34 »
Well initial tests have been very successful, there is no more slowdown when moving and sizing parts, the texture buttons work even when switching between models and the external undo/redo config is a nice touch, overall excellent work  :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2009-09-16 20:40:21 »
Now I know you are hard at work on a v1.0 release, so please don't fix .9 again just because of what I'm about to tell you.

It seems using the compute ground height function only works on the specific animation pertaining to the model.  Is there ANY way to apply it to all animations (field) that that model uses automatically?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2009-09-17 11:19:58 »
Well, nice to see you haven't encontered any problems using this version. Unfortunately, I have  :|. I'm working to solve the problems.

As for your request obesebear... it's problematic. The only real way of telling which animations is a model using is by going through every field file (which are stored in flevel.lgp and conpressed with LZS) and searching on the HRC loader section. And that's quiet a lot of work... Kimera just takes a look at the filename and tries to find one animation that PROVABLY fits the model you loaded. And it seems it usally suceedes. However it's not unsual to see the game using several copies of the same animation depending on the field. For example, Cloud's standing animation isn't usually the one Kimera pick (even though both are basically identical). Some animations are even shared among several models.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2009-09-17 13:57:39 »
Is it possible to add a change pivot point option? When rotating some parts they pivot around a location quite far from the part, instead of pivoting around the center of the part

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2009-09-17 21:54:49 »
Well MXster, the pivot point is the origin of coordinates relative to each part. You can change this point by moving the part. A good way of seeing where is exactly the pivot point is by enabling the "Show axes" option on the P editor.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2009-09-19 21:40:15 »
Well MXster, the pivot point is the origin of coordinates relative to each part. You can change this point by moving the part. A good way of seeing where is exactly the pivot point is by enabling the "Show axes" option on the P editor.

Thank You  :-D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2009-10-21 01:17:44 »
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to let you know I finally got Kimera to load 3ds files.

Sorry but there are still some things I want to iron out, so no new release yet. You can expect a new one soon, though.

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2009-10-21 13:42:40 »
Thanks Borde, that’s great news. Does this also mean that kimera will be able to convert the 3ds files to .p format and we won’t have to go through the pcreator step anymore? If so there was an option on pcreator that allowed combining up to 4 different parts with different textures to one group. I was wondering if it could be possible to have a similar option with kimera and maybe without the 4 parts-texts limitation. Ok I got over exited again and I’ve probably talked your head off but anyway thanks again for your contribution. :-D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2009-10-22 00:26:42 »
Yes, that's what I meant. Kimera can now load 3ds files and convert them to P files (actually, not converting them to the P format would mean some serious rewriting of Kimera...). As for the pcreator limitation, I'm not sure what's the problem. Kimera can handle as many groups as needed (up to 2^15, but that would be pretty absurd), and each group can have a single texture applied to it.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2009-10-22 00:29:08 »
Despite having up to 1 texture per part, are there not only a certain amount of texture slots per character? (10 i beleive)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #445 on: 2009-10-22 02:42:31 »
The 10 tex limit only applies to battle models. Field models could have a texture for each p file if you really wanted to do it that way.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2009-10-22 02:47:36 »
blech, its battle models i'd rather have a million peices for... they have tons of peices

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2009-10-22 13:50:12 »
Yes, that's what I meant. Kimera can now load 3ds files and convert them to P files (actually, not converting them to the P format would mean some serious rewriting of Kimera...). As for the pcreator limitation, I'm not sure what's the problem. Kimera can handle as many groups as needed (up to 2^15, but that would be pretty absurd), and each group can have a single texture applied to it.

Ok I see. Thanks.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2009-10-22 13:57:06 »
*Wipes dust of Qhimm account*

Well that sounds interesting :-D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2009-10-23 00:34:39 »
Well timu sumisu, you know you can always stick toghether several textures on a single bitmap and then move around the texture coordinates for every piece (as long as there are no texture repetitions). I could do this automatically quiet easily (the result may not be very good though...), but is there anyone really interested in this feature?