Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837659 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4150 on: 2016-09-13 12:38:40 »
His attack raises everyone's defence like a hero drink, but it wasn't a good idea as it makes the fight unwinnable if you don't have defence-ignoring attacks. Try using ? ? ? ?, Pandora's Box, or Summons to get past that defence once it's buffed (use burst damage that doesn't ignore defence earlier).

Omnicide

• View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: 2016-09-14 03:46:32 »
Thanks for the awesome mod, sega chief. Trying out lowest level possible with it...need moar cactuar guns. This is definitely a challenge though playing it normally. I can't wait until the next update :)

Cordy

• View Profile
New Threat bug in Church Scene
« Reply #4152 on: 2016-09-14 20:05:13 »
So I just downloaded New Threat a couple of days ago, and I've been really enjoying it. Then, for some reason, this happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8tkSAn6Cro

I have no idea why, but the Guard Scorpion boss replacement has invaded the sector 5 slums, and has put Aerith in a never ending loop where she can't run past its collision box, causing the game to soft lock.

If anyone else has experienced this and knows what the cause is, or how I can maybe get around this, that would be great.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: 2016-09-14 20:12:21 »
Hey Cordy

try installing the patch updates on this mod on the first page of this thread to see if that will fix your problem

Cordy

• View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: 2016-09-14 20:18:08 »
Hey Cordy

try installing the patch updates on this mod on the first page of this thread to see if that will fix your problem

Thanks!!

I somehow didn't get the patches even though I only downloaded a few days ago. I really appreciate you directing me to that, and sorry if my question seemed silly [I only just saw "X) Scorp removed from church for good this time"]

I really appreciate your quick response, and I am very grateful!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4155 on: 2016-09-14 20:51:53 »
Hey Cordy

Thanks for helping him out, Zara.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: 2016-09-16 18:18:16 »
All right, until the Dark Cave is out and you have more content in store for us, it is the end for me! All I am missing are two Enemy Skills (which I know one is Chocobuckle), and Cid's Ultimate Weapon, but I can't really get it for now. I really want to say a big thank you, Sega Chief. It's been a real treat to discover this game again with a new experience, and I had a lot of fun completing each of the challenges you had in mind for us. Yes, even the Curator.

Until next time, I can't wait for some new stuff. Thank you once more!

(By the way, is IT supposed to be here?)

(Oh yeah, I forgot to include a message, but I donated a bit.)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: 2016-09-16 18:39:43 »
All right, until the Dark Cave is out and you have more content in store for us, it is the end for me! All I am missing are two Enemy Skills (which I know one is Chocobuckle), and Cid's Ultimate Weapon, but I can't really get it for now. I really want to say a big thank you, Sega Chief. It's been a real treat to discover this game again with a new experience, and I had a lot of fun completing each of the challenges you had in mind for us. Yes, even the Curator.

Until next time, I can't wait for some new stuff. Thank you once more!

(By the way, is IT supposed to be here?)

(Oh yeah, I forgot to include a message, but I donated a bit.)

Glad to hear you cleared the game, bud; and yeah, that pesky scorp is supposed to appear for the ending screen only :p

Cheers for the donation; I've been hit pretty hard with college fees and website subscriptions recently (codeacademy is £15 a month ;I) so it's very much appreciated.

concatenate

• View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: 2016-09-18 18:25:25 »
Very pleased with the mod so far. Had a quick question though.

Should there be a steep ramp up in experience required to advance from level 31 to level 32? Experience required for me to move from 31 to 32 for all characters was about 50,000. Once I reached 32 though required experienced dropped back to around 13,000. Is this a glitch or something implemented to prevent over-leveling?

Sorry if I missed this in a description somewhere

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: 2016-09-18 18:43:28 »
hey sega chief

my friend is using some graphics mods on his ff7 run

so will your mod work on the graphics mods he is using

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: 2016-09-18 19:57:59 »
Very pleased with the mod so far. Had a quick question though.

Should there be a steep ramp up in experience required to advance from level 31 to level 32? Experience required for me to move from 31 to 32 for all characters was about 50,000. Once I reached 32 though required experienced dropped back to around 13,000. Is this a glitch or something implemented to prevent over-leveling?

Sorry if I missed this in a description somewhere

Yeah, every ten levels has that big spike; but enemies are specced to give exponentially more EXP the further you go. It's a soft form of gating so I can spec areas to cover players who like to grind + players who rush.

hey sega chief

hey sega chief

It should do; if he's using 7H then tell him to make sure that the other mods he uses are above NT in the load order (NT's IRO should be loaded last).

If he's using stand-alone installers then he'll need to be careful as some of them can overwrite critical files. I'd recommend that he play to the first Save Point from a new game with only NT installed, then make a copy of the Data folder inside the FF7 folder as a backup before installing a graphics mod and then testing if all the scripts are intact. If he encounters a crash, ask him for which mods he used/where he got them so I can diagnose any potential clashes.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #4161 on: 2016-09-21 04:42:00 »
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, the game crashes right after you see the Midgar Cannon for the first time FMV. It's right after you put in the Key of The Ancients inside the Forgotten Capital. Not sure what causes this... any ideas? I have the newest patches installed, but also a bunch of graphic mods too.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-21 04:53:22 by seijuro »

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: 2016-09-21 09:16:27 »
Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to play the Weapon Raid theme for Ruby and Emerald weapon instead of the regular battle theme. I think it's kinda underutilized it and would fit those battles well.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: 2016-09-21 09:27:29 »
Hey Sirblackmage

i all ready asked sega chief that same message a long time ago and he told me that he can't change the ruby and Emerald weapon battle music

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: 2016-09-21 10:34:59 »
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, the game crashes right after you see the Midgar Cannon for the first time FMV. It's right after you put in the Key of The Ancients inside the Forgotten Capital. Not sure what causes this... any ideas? I have the newest patches installed, but also a bunch of graphic mods too.

If it's directly after the FMV, then it's likely the scene that takes place in Shinra HQ when Rufus is talking to the other execs about the Mako Cannon. If you have anything that affects field models, disable them temporarily and see if that lets you get past it.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: 2016-09-21 11:22:28 »
Hey sega chief

when i try to walk on the flower bed after beating air buster and talking to aeries about inputting her name, the invisable air buster is still there

when i try to walk on the flower bed, is it safe to continue the game like that

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: 2016-09-21 16:39:33 »
Hey sega chief

when i try to walk on the flower bed after beating air buster and talking to aeries about inputting her name, the invisable air buster is still there

when i try to walk on the flower bed, is it safe to continue the game like that

It's safe; I'll see if the collision is still turned on for it.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: 2016-09-22 12:41:55 »
hey sega chief

i really enjoyed your very scary part of mr smile first showing up after you beat the 2 turks after alpha zolom when going to the secret cave

was that a new thing you added to your mod, it really scared me alot, it almost made wet myself

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: 2016-09-22 15:17:52 »
Yeah, it's new; was added for the 1.4 release.

leetdood

• View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: 2016-09-22 16:12:58 »
Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot or it's been asked before. I'm brand new to modding, and I just started out on gjoerulv's hardcore mod (just got to the Chocobo Farm) and I have a few questions because I am very interested in the New Threat mod..

Is there a way to have both the hardcore mod, and the NT mod both playable, but on separate save files? Not combined, but I mean if I wanted to start the NT mod, while keeping my old save file for the hardcore mod intact? I have a feeling that it's not possible but I figured it would be worth asking.

I love the idea of all the new sidequests and moving a lot of the stronger materia and weapons to new locations, and I'm very eager to play it, but I also want to complete the hardcore mod.

BTW Sega Chief, thanks for all your YouTube videos, they are super helpful trying to get through the bosses so far. The only thing that might be worth adding to them if you ever get the chance, could be the items you can steal from them. Not necessary but just a thought :)

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #4170 on: 2016-09-22 19:05:31 »
If it's directly after the FMV, then it's likely the scene that takes place in Shinra HQ when Rufus is talking to the other execs about the Mako Cannon. If you have anything that affects field models, disable them temporarily and see if that lets you get past it.

You're a legend, just did this and it worked!

leetdood

• View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: 2016-09-22 19:56:32 »
Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot or it's been asked before. I'm brand new to modding, and I just started out on gjoerulv's hardcore mod (just got to the Chocobo Farm) and I have a few questions because I am very interested in the New Threat mod..

Is there a way to have both the hardcore mod, and the NT mod both playable, but on separate save files? Not combined, but I mean if I wanted to start the NT mod, while keeping my old save file for the hardcore mod intact? I have a feeling that it's not possible but I figured it would be worth asking.

I love the idea of all the new sidequests and moving a lot of the stronger materia and weapons to new locations, and I'm very eager to play it, but I also want to complete the hardcore mod.

BTW Sega Chief, thanks for all your YouTube videos, they are super helpful trying to get through the bosses so far. The only thing that might be worth adding to them if you ever get the chance, could be the items you can steal from them. Not necessary but just a thought :)

Ah, I found that's what 7th heaven is for ... stupid me :P

Well, I suppose I'll try that, but does it matter that I installed the hardcore mode on it's own? I guess this isn't the best place to ask, but I figured that part out at least.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: 2016-09-22 22:20:27 »
Hey Sega, just wanted to drop by to tell you I've made a list of all the enemies' steals, morphs and drops for people that are interested to know what items they have or are looking for a specific one. It might be slightly out of date since I created it before the Proud Clod hotfix. I have noticed that the Corel Train items have changed, as well as the X-ATM fight while escaping Junon and have updated the list accordingly. I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me if anything else has changed, because It'd be annoying to go through every enemy in Hojo again (And tell me what the 'Autograph' item was changed into, please, because I kinda forgot to write that down). This list might be a bit redundant with the area names and possibly formatted badly since this is my first time really using Excel for anything halfway important, but I tried my best and I think it turned out good enough. If you think anything needs fixing, tell me so. Also, if you want to add this to the main post, that's cool, if not, that's also fine. I just want you to know that I like the mod you've created enough to have spent quite a few hours typing this all into Excel and making sure everything is the way it's supposed to be. Keep up the good work, Chief!

Link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaq74qa9rwbm8ww/NT%20Item%20List.xlsx?dl=0
(Thanks to my brother for helping me with the steals early on before I discovered the magic that is Hojo.)

Edit: While you're at it, information for what Ultima Weapon battle has which steals would also be great, as I didn't encounter them all while doing the quest.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-22 22:50:13 by SirBlackMage »

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: 2016-09-22 22:30:23 »
Hey Sega, just wanted to drop by to tell you I've made a list of all the enemies' steals, morphs and drops for people that are interested to know what items they have or are looking for a specific one. It might be slightly out of date since I created it before the Proud Clod hotfix. I have noticed that the Corel Train items have changed, as well as the X-ATM fight while escaping Junon and have updated the list accordingly. I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me if anything else has changed, because It'd be annoying to go through every enemy in Hojo again (And tell me what the 'Autograph' item was changed into, please, because I kinda forgot to write that down). This list might be a bit redundant with the area names and possibly formatted badly since this is my first time really using Excel for anything halfway important, but I tried my best and I think it turned out good enough. If you think anything needs fixing, tell me so. Also, if you want to add this to the main post, that's cool, if not, that's also fine. I just want you to know that I like the mod you've created enough to have spent quite a few hours typing this all into Excel and making sure everything is the way it's supposed to be. Keep up the good work, Chief!

Link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaq74qa9rwbm8ww/NT%20Item%20List.xlsx?dl=0
(Thanks to my brother for helping me with the steals early on before I discovered the magic that is Hojo.)

I just wanted to give you a big thanks for this excel file. It is organized perfectly and it is a great help. Thanks for all the effort that you put into this.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: 2016-09-22 22:57:28 »
I just wanted to give you a big thanks for this excel file. It is organized perfectly and it is a great help. Thanks for all the effort that you put into this.
No problem, I'm glad you're finding it helpful! At first, I did this list mostly for myself and my brother, but after a while, I figured that I might as well upload it once it's finished. Good to hear that it was worth it. If you you have any ideas for improvements, say so. I'll probably do some more slight changes in the future like sorting the enemies' names for each area alphabetically to make it more easy to find the ones you need.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-22 23:00:58 by SirBlackMage »