Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1849022 times)

Klaw117

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #975 on: 2012-04-01 19:17:08 »
Klaw117,
Bootleg modifies certain models to maintain compatibility amongst all supported mods.
Installing a mod outside of Bootleg-- even one of the supported mods-- may result in anomalies.
There are compatibility issues with the Old version m00d of Menu Overhaul with Retranslation enabled and Remastered + New Spells + Aeris Revival.

Bootleg worked best with one application.
There is no backup except for save games.
Creating a backup would entail raising the already ridiculous 17GB of space required while Bootleg runs.
The only mods I've installed were through Bootleg, but I thought you were asking if I installed other mods besides just Remastered. I have more than just Remastered, but I didn't install any mods outside of Bootleg. Basically everything in that Imageshack link is what I have installed.

I'm not sure if my copy of the Menu Overhaul mod is old, but I downloaded it in January right after Bootleg 0038 came out using the Mediafire Disaster Recovery Folder link. The issue isn't that annoying, so I can just carry on as it is right now and then download the newer version once 0039 comes out. Reinstalling everything now seems like a bigger hassle than just waiting for the newest version and reinstalling then.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

zenith

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 2012-04-01 22:21:38 »
@pitbrat, good to know! that makes life so much easier, as i tried a few different configs of bootleg and was deleting my whole program file, and reinstalling, and then running bootleg again. I am guessing that in order for the installation of new, or updated mods to go smoothly that one should "identify installer path" or whatever it is called in bootleg so that a clean install happens before the mods are installed?

yeah I thought about that after i made the post, pritbat, that it really does not take that much effort to change the resolution and "optimize" the game for your system, i just found it neat that the diablo program was all automated.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-05 16:42:11 by zenith »

nickblames

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 2012-04-03 04:19:41 »
Wow this thing has really taken off since I've been gone... simply amazing you guys!  I have a couple questions though:

1. Do I need to download ALL versions of the FMV's or can I just get the ones I want?  Like if I only want 1280 Smooth do I need to have the 640 Sharp ones anyway?

2.  Same as the first question but with the magochocobo battle packs.  Is it really necessary to have both the LGP and PNG versions?  Don't the PNG one's load faster and without bloating the LGP files unnecessarily?

Thanks for any help.  Can't wait for 0038!

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 2012-04-03 04:56:23 »
nickblames,
No you do not have to download both versions.  You can check which mod files are required in the BFE Mod List: Select FILE and MOD LIST.
Mods listed in YELLOW are NOT required with the current settings.

Here's the updated list of improvements for the upcoming release.
    Added DLPB's Timing Patches for the Bombing Mission audio and the Coaster Minigame: BombingFix.exe and CoasterAimerFix.exe
    Added Grimmy's PRP Addon Field Models (54 Improved Models), Battle Models (Hi Res Cloud and Shirtless Sephiroth), Huge Materias and Weapons Fixes: prp models.zip, Huge Materias.7z
    Added Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures: data.7z.001, data.7z.002, data.7z.003, data.7z.004, data.7z.005, data.7z.006
    Added Grimmy's Joker, Death Dealer Battle Models: Joker, Death Dealer.7z
    Added KG's Leaf Texture Fix for Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures: konoha.7z
    Added Avatar Options-- Zendar's Round AC, Zendar's Round AC V2 and Singular Ones Transparent AC, Nero's AC, Grimmy's AC, Nikfrozty's AC, Kula Wende's AC, Armorvil's Eye, Aff7iction's Beautified: AC Avatars By Zendar.exe and Singular One's Trasnparent Shadow Avatars.zip, Zendar's Custom Round Edge Avatars[Ver.1.0].rar, FF7 AC avatars by Nero.rar, FF7 avatars by Nero.rar, Grimmy307_Start_Menu.7z, nikfroztyavatar.rar, [UPDATE]ACavatar_by_Kula_Wende.rar, avatar (Eye avatars).rar, Aff7iction's Avatar Mod 1.0.zip, Nero's avatars.rar
    Added New Menu Background Options-- Zendar's AC Buster Sword: AC Buster Sword at Midgar Menu Background By Zendar.exe
    Added Support for Enhanced Movies 1 in 3 Parts and Enhanced Movies 2 in 4 Parts
    Added touphScript Formatting and Translation to English, French, German or Spanish: touphScript_v1.2.7.7z
    Added Support for Installing Bootleg on International Versions: French, German  and Spanish
    Added Kranmer's Always Run Toggle DLL: FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll
    Added Menu Overhaul Options with Silent Installation
    Added Support for Grimmy's Additional HQ AC Style FMV's: 4.zip, ending2.avi, sqlogo.AVI
    Added Luksy's Revised Version of Aali's LPG Tool to Significantly Reduce Install Time: ulgp_v0.3.7z
    Added FF7 Image Creation Option
    Added Costa07's Highwind Model Converted by Grimmy: costa highwind.7z
    Recovered Missing Rumbah Movies
    Revised Avatar Selection with Individual Customization
    Revised Launcher to Support Multiple Cores
    Revised File Search to Recognize MediaFire Names for Mods: Trish(aka Mike)_s custom model pack.7z
    Revised Bootleg.log Formatting
    Updated Glitched Field Textures List
    Updated Millenia's, Slayersnext's and Mike's Weapons Mods with Grimmy Fixes
    Updated Log File Formatting and Corrected Typos
    Updated FF7Music with ff7music_install_15113.exe and OSTRe.7z
    Updated Menu Overhaul with m005: MO.exe
    +Fixed Missing Eye Textures for Cid and Tifa Models in the Chocobo Race Minigame
    +Fixed Bad Laptop Controls: ff7input.cfg
    +Fixed Missing Mod Errors
    +Fixed JordieBo Credits Errors: Incorrect Name in Credits
    +Fixed Missing Avatars: pcloud_00.png, choco_00.png, zeni_h_00.png
    Integrated Mods: BombingFix.exe, CoasterAimerFix.exe, AC Avatars By Zendar.exe, Singular One's Trasnparent Shadow Avatars.zip, AC (Round Edge) Avatars [Sephiroth Ver.1 Patch].exe,  AC (Round Edge) Avatars [Tifa Ver.2b Patch].exe, AC (Round Edge) Avatars By Zendar [Ver.1.2].exe,  AC (Round Edge) Avatars By Zendar [Ver.2].exe, AC Buster Sword at Midgar Menu Background By Zendar.exe, Huge Materias.7z, prp models.zip, touphScript_v1.2.7.7z, konoha.7z, Joker, Death Dealer.7z, FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll, Zendar's Custom Round Edge Avatars[Ver.1.0].rar, ulgp_v0.3.7z, FF7 AC avatars by Nero.rar, FF7 avatars by Nero.rar, Grimmy307_Start_Menu.7z, nikfroztyavatar.rar, [UPDATE]ACavatar_by_Kula_Wende.rar, avatar (Eye avatars).rar, Nero's avatars.rar, Aff7iction's Avatar Mod 1.0.zip, costa highwind.7z

Catch up on the downloading!

4.zip                                               Grimmy          Aeris Videos                            Qhimm FILE

ending2.avi                                         Grimmy          HQ Ending 2 with new Audio              Qhimm FILE

sqlogo.AVI                                          Grimmy          New Opening Video                       Qhimm FILE

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 2012-04-03 06:30:23 »
Hey pitbrat! Haven;t been messing around with ff7 much lately but yesterday did a clean install using 0037 and went to my last save which was in the gold saucer first visit and im seeing glitched blinking faces on a lot of field models. Is this easily remedied? Thanks!

Edit: Used DLPB's U1 and worked for all of the glitches except for 1 i found so far, a model i saw twice in the gold saucer wonder square area, a guy with a white suit and blond hair iirc, interestingly, these models are the same as the ones that had glitches

« Last Edit: 2012-04-03 09:13:08 by Template »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 2012-04-03 12:22:07 »
2.  Same as the first question but with the magochocobo battle packs.  Is it really necessary to have both the LGP and PNG versions?  Don't the PNG one's load faster and without bloating the LGP files unnecessarily?

Thanks for any help.  Can't wait for 0038!
I recommend you only get the PNG version no need to get the LGP version aswell

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 2012-04-03 14:06:07 »
Template,
Which field models did you install?  The blinking faces should be fixed if you use the PRP or Rebuilded models.  Were all the mods present for the install?

Use the PNG version for the textures.  This is the most complete version of the mod.  I include an option for LGP textures because some older systems have trouble with the PNG versions.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 2012-04-03 20:35:40 »
HI PB! Love bootleg and looking forward to 0038 for sure.

I had all mods green or yellow in BFE for these installs, tried it several times for different field model options but the blinking faces/heads continued even after clean installs each time. I've used the 2 options for field models: Bootlegged (best of show) and Squallff8's rebuilded.

I switched to a char.lgp from old PRP and the blinking went away but of course I had kinda ugly looking field models then. Then I used u0001 and it helped.

I will probably experiment a bit more later.

Edit: I'm confused by the 2 pages of instructions for this tutorial... Don't we just put everything in the directory together and then just use BFE and let it do its thing? Are we actually supposed to do backups and editing of lpg files ourselves? Seems to work perfectly on its own.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-03 20:58:45 by Template »

nickblames

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 2012-04-04 15:32:48 »
Anybody have a recommendation for which FMV mod to use?  A lot of the posts have dead sample images or none at all.

Also, when selecting Field Textures is "Bootlegged" the best mix of all of them?

Thanks

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 2012-04-04 16:58:33 »
nickblames if your using the Bootleg i suggest you select the "Bootlegged" option for both the FMV and Field Textures/models Bootlegged means well chooses the best mix of em all as you said  :)
« Last Edit: 2012-04-04 17:02:49 by e1sunz »

nickblames

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 2012-04-04 18:59:46 »
Good to know!  Now I just have to wait for 0038... waiting sucks.  ^_^

fitscotgaymer

• Gay Gamer from Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 2012-04-05 01:29:49 »
Hey folks.

Just posting to ask a possibly daft question.

Downloaded all the required mods that Bootleg needs to install correctly according to "my" specs but I have noticed that some of the mods it wants to download are "outdated" or old versions.
Specifically the Menu Overhauld Project mod and the FF7 Music Installer.

Bootleg wants to download version M004d of Menu Overhaul, and version 1.51.12 of the FF7 Music Installer; the Menu Overhaul is now M005 I think, and the FF7 Music Installer is version 1.51.13.

I guess my question is, am I able to download and install these newer versions seperately? Or do I need to wait for the new version of bootleg to recognise them?
Or something else?

Uh, thats it really. Thanks!

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 2012-04-05 06:43:56 »
As far as I can tell, installing those 2 newly released mods on top of bootleg 0037 vanilla is fine, but something tells me the difficulty mods might throw a wrench in the works.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 2012-04-05 15:10:39 »
fitscotgaymer, if i was you and you can be patient enough i would wait for the next Bootleg release just to be on the safe side and also you'll get a bunch of updated stuff included with it :)

MnM

« Reply #989 on: 2012-04-06 18:54:56 »
I can't even start the game, there are no annimations when i start the game, i press cancel and then the new game thing shows up. what can i do to fix it? Ty and how to dl bootleg and the mods? i can't understand that either.

Flightan

« Reply #990 on: 2012-04-07 11:39:51 »
Hello, I just finished my installation and everything works perfectly fine! I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful tool :)

Zulli85

« Reply #991 on: 2012-04-08 03:31:27 »
Hey there guys. I've got every single mod downloaded except for one that is giving me trouble. ff7music_install_15112.exe is the one. Its downloading but it was hanging/freezing in firefox which is pretty strange. It would just sit there and say like 7 minutes left at xx kb/s but an hour later it still isn't done and hasn't made much progress. So I just tried it again in Chrome and it is downloading, but its at around 30 kb/s.

Long story short, is there another download location for this? It is going to take 3+ hours at this rate and I'm not confident it will finish at all. Many thanks. Can't wait to try to install all these mods!

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 2012-04-08 04:22:55 »
Hi Zulli85,

try this MediaFire folder :  FF7Music Installer (Covarr)

You must extract the .EXE in the RAR-archive so that BFE can find the file !

@MnM: I have send you a PM with further informations.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-08 04:27:21 by UGerstl »

Zulli85

« Reply #993 on: 2012-04-08 06:15:54 »
Hi Zulli85,

try this MediaFire folder :  FF7Music Installer (Covarr)

You must extract the .EXE in the RAR-archive so that BFE can find the file !

@MnM: I have send you a PM with further informations.

Thanks very much. Got all the mods downloaded now but its late so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to try Bootleg! Thanks again.

Zulli85

« Reply #994 on: 2012-04-08 21:52:37 »
I installed all of the mods earlier with Bootleg without a hitch! The game looks pretty freakin' amazing and it runs awesome. I even got my PS1 controller to work correctly. I have just 1 question though. During battle sequences I cannot see my characters' max hp and mp, is there a setting somewhere that I can change for that? Finally, I made a short video to demonstrate how the game looks. I'm seriously impressed. Thanks for all the hard work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsKOBNehhkk&feature=youtu.be

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 2012-04-09 22:54:54 »
Good news for Bootleg.
Today I managed to run a complete install of Bootleg 0038 without any errors.
Now I need to test for mod compatibility issues.
After that, I'll pretty up BFE for the release.

Here's what's new in .0038
    Added DLPB's Timing Patches for the Bombing Mission audio and the Coaster Minigame: BombingFix.exe and CoasterAimerFix.exe
    Added Grimmy's PRP Addon Field Models (54 Improved Models), Battle Models (Hi Res Cloud and Shirtless Sephiroth), Huge Materias and Weapons Fixes: prp models.zip, Huge Materias.7z
    Added Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures: data.7z.001, data.7z.002, data.7z.003, data.7z.004, data.7z.005, data.7z.006
    Added Grimmy's Joker, Death Dealer Battle Models: Joker, Death Dealer.7z
    Added KG's Leaf Texture Fix for Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures: konoha.7z
    Added Avatar Options-- Zendar's Round AC, Zendar's Round AC V2 and Singular Ones Transparent AC, Nero's AC, Romey14's AC, Nikfrozty's AC, Kula Wende's AC, Armorvil's Eye, Aff7iction's Beautified: AC Avatars By Zendar.exe and Singular One's Trasnparent Shadow Avatars.zip, Zendar's Custom Round Edge Avatars[Ver.1.0].rar, FF7 AC avatars by Nero.rar, FF7 avatars by Nero.rar, Grimmy307_Start_Menu.7z, nikfroztyavatar.rar, [UPDATE]ACavatar_by_Kula_Wende.rar, avatar (Eye avatars).rar, Aff7iction's Avatar Mod 1.0.zip, Nero's avatars.rar
    Added New Menu Background Options-- Zendar's AC Buster Sword: AC Buster Sword at Midgar Menu Background By Zendar.exe, HQ-AvatarsV2.rar
    Added Support for Enhanced Movies 1 in 3 Parts and Enhanced Movies 2 in 4 Parts
    Added touphScript Formatting and Translation to English, French, German or Spanish: touphScript_v1.2.7.7z
    Added Support for Installing Bootleg on International Versions: French, German  and Spanish
    Added Kranmer's Always Run Toggle DLL: FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll
    Added Menu Overhaul Options with Silent Installation
    Added Support for Grimmy's Additional HQ AC Style FMV's: 4.zip, ending2.avi, sqlogo.AVI
    Added Barret Timu Sumisu Model with a Facelift by Asmodean: HQBarret.zip
    Added Luksy's Revised Version of Aali's LPG Tool to Significantly Reduce Install Time: ulgp_v0.3.7z
    Added FF7 Image Creation Option
    Added Costa07's Highwind Model Converted by Grimmy: costas highwind.7z
    Added Limit Texture Options: Mike's Blue Flame and Mike's Flame V2
    Recovered Missing Rumbah Movies
    Revised Avatar Selection with Individual Customization
    Revised Launcher to Support Multiple Cores
    Revised File Search to Recognize MediaFire Names for Mods: Trish(aka Mike)_s custom model pack.7z
    Revised Bootleg.log Formatting
    Updated Glitched Field Textures List
    Updated Millenia's, Slayersnext's and Mike's Weapons Mods with Grimmy Fixes
    Updated Log File Formatting and Corrected Typos
    Updated FF7Music with ff7music_install_15113.exe and OSTRe.7z
    Updated Menu Overhaul with m005: MO.exe
    +Fixed Missing Eye Textures for Cloud, Cid and Tifa Models in the Chocobo Race Minigame
    +Fixed Bad Laptop Controls: ff7input.cfg
    +Fixed Missing Mod Errors
    +Fixed JordieBo Credits Errors: Incorrect Name in Credits
    +Fixed Missing Avatars: pcloud_00.png, choco_00.png, zeni_h_00.png
    +Fixed Missing Slayersnext Hair Styles for Chocobo Race Cloud and Tifa
    +Fixed Flickering Faces for Squallff8's Field Models: GCBD - Saucer Staff Male, DCIC - Man 5
    Integrated Mods: BombingFix.exe, CoasterAimerFix.exe, AC Avatars By Zendar.exe, Singular One's Trasnparent Shadow Avatars.zip, AC (Round Edge) Avatars [Sephiroth Ver.1 Patch].exe,  AC (Round Edge) Avatars [Tifa Ver.2b Patch].exe, AC (Round Edge) Avatars By Zendar [Ver.1.2].exe,  AC (Round Edge) Avatars By Zendar [Ver.2].exe, AC Buster Sword at Midgar Menu Background By Zendar.exe, Huge Materias.7z, prp models.zip, touphScript_v1.2.7.7z, konoha.7z, Joker, Death Dealer.7z, FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll, Zendar's Custom Round Edge Avatars[Ver.1.0].rar, ulgp_v0.3.7z, FF7 AC avatars by Nero.rar, FF7 avatars by Nero.rar, Grimmy307_Start_Menu.7z, nikfroztyavatar.rar, [UPDATE]ACavatar_by_Kula_Wende.rar, avatar (Eye avatars).rar, Nero's avatars.rar, Aff7iction's Avatar Mod 1.0.zip, costa highwind.7z, HQ-AvatarsV2.rar

Thank you all for the support.
Bootleg would not be possible without your input.
Expect a release soon.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 2012-04-10 13:08:18 »
Bootleg would not be possible without your input.
Bootleg would not be possible without you Pitbrat :D
This may sound stupid but im willing to download all those mods again with UGerstl's Jdownloader which will make life much more easy and reinstall with the new updates when the new Bootleg comes out il just back up my saves  ;D

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 2012-04-10 18:22:59 »
Wow, I'm playing FF7 after a Bootleg 0038RC1 installation.
It has to be the most beautiful version of FF7 running!
The recently released mods are gorgeous.
Thank you Grimmy and DLPB.

Catch of on downloads before 0038 drops:

movies.part1.rar - movies.part4.rar                 Leonhart7413    Modified Intro Movies                   Qhimm 01 02 03 04

opening.rar                                         Leonhart7413    HD Opening FMV                          Qhimm FILE

sqlogo.part1.rar - sqlogo.part3.rar                 Leonhart4713    HD Opening Video                        Qhimm 01 02 03

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 2012-04-10 20:06:44 »
Just a small notice if you are still using the FF7anyCD there seems to be a small problem (i made a stupid mistake and it loops where it shouldn't so the DLL is probably using more memory then it needs to) so i just removed the loop and rebuilt it in Visual Studio Express 2008 (i know there are newer versions but i already have it on disc so i just tend to use it) with a few small modifications to my source code, here is the new version if your interested
http://www.mediafire.com/?gu71gnb11jpg2jj

Also on a side note i also noticed a few virus scanners pick my old version up as a virus (i am not sure why) but the new version isn't.

Virus report on old version
https://www.virustotal.com/file/086260499d8de4300a3c4a1327b2f6dfda1d90bd71698a0a1a166646b2474267/analysis/1334086272/
Virus report on new version
https://www.virustotal.com/file/594e5b66667b41a0cbacae48af08ed12cfd0fd6cd258c5caf51d7ec7486df602/analysis/1334087460/

Also the old version does still work and it wasn't a major problem (the amount of memory it was using more is pretty insignificant but i thought i should fix this at some point) so if you wish to continue using the old version go ahead.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 2012-04-11 01:25:35 »
I would like to use the new version of the AnyCD dll, but it pops up an OK dialogue over the intro FMV's.
I foresee the popup causing problems on some systems.