Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1846897 times)

Klaw117

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #925 on: 2012-03-15 22:50:03 »
Thanks for that. I took a look, but to be honest, I'd rather try my luck with the virtual machine first. I don't want to accidentally screw up anything on the FF7 installation in the host machine.

EDIT: Well, now VMware is being uncooperative with me! I just tried to install FF7 and Bootleg, but the installer hangs when Bootleg reaches "Registering Audio Devices..." It tells me "Configure your Sound and MIDI devices" and then just stops. After reading UGerstl's reply, I was certain that there would be no problems installing in VMware, but thanks to this issue, it seems that isn't the case. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

SECOND EDIT: It seems like the installer hang affects the whole virtual machine. After the hang, turning off or restarting the machine doesn't work unless I do it directly in VMware's menu. Again, if anyone knows anything about this issue, please let me know. Until then, I'll be forced to just run FF7 and Aali's driver only so that I can play the minigames at a normal speed (unless anyone also knows the issue behind Aali's driver and my host machine's hybrid graphics card).

THIRD EDIT: Forgot to mention, during the hang, FF7Config.exe is open in the task manager, but it doesn't actually open so that I can configure anything. It seems like the system is trying to open FF7Config, but can't for some reason.

FOURTH EDIT: AH HA! The problem is FF7Config.exe and not the installer. Even after a clean installation of Windows XP and vanilla FF7, FF7Config refuses to open, leading me to believe that the problem is in VMware. I will try my luck with VirtualBox.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-17 12:29:37 by Klaw117 »

Hetsig

• View Profile
Want to help the cause!
« Reply #926 on: 2012-03-16 13:47:39 »
I would love to help out and make the Bootleg more "compatible" and easier to install / manage.

What i had in mind!
  • Instead of links in the "Mod List" option to Mediafire, a somewhat simple connect to my
    hosted FTP and download the correct modfile on my own 100/100mbit connection.

( with some restrictions of course. I don't want my bandwidth to get flooded :o. )
  • An 24/7 uptime FTP server for PitBrat to configure himself.
    ( Delete / Upload / Rename files as you please. )
  • Bootleg Front-End will have an built-in Download management.
PM me if you're interested :).

Mewsin (aka Zendar)

• i share everything i make (the Answer is yes)
    • View Profile
Re: Want to help the cause!
« Reply #927 on: 2012-03-16 23:51:45 »
I would love to help out and make the Bootleg more "compatible" and easier to install / manage.

What i had in mind!
  • Instead of links in the "Mod List" option to Mediafire, a somewhat simple connect to my
    hosted FTP and download the correct modfile on my own 100/100mbit connection.

( with some restrictions of course. I don't want my bandwidth to get flooded :o. )
  • An 24/7 uptime FTP server for PitBrat to configure himself.
    ( Delete / Upload / Rename files as you please. )
  • Bootleg Front-End will have an built-in Download management.
PM me if you're interested :).

nice idea but do realize all mods currently sum up to be around 20 GB
that times the number of ppl downloading will eat bandwith
so i hope you have a good plan for hosting.
also i believe you need to ask each mod creator if you are allowed
to host their files in this way (you have my permission for anything i made/make)
« Last Edit: 2012-03-16 23:55:48 by zendar »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: 2012-03-17 21:33:41 »
UGerstl your a god!!
*bows down crazily*
Thank you so much for your time (nearly 3hrs helping me out in teamviewer with Jdownloader and Bootleg mods)
*bows down again*
and of course Pitbrat for this godly program that started it all
*bows down*
 ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 2012-03-18 20:53:31 by e1sunz »

Hetsig

• View Profile
Re: Want to help the cause!
« Reply #929 on: 2012-03-18 08:11:01 »
nice idea but do realize all mods currently sum up to be around 20 GB
that times the number of ppl downloading will eat bandwith
so i hope you have a good plan for hosting.
also i believe you need to ask each mod creator if you are allowed
to host their files in this way (you have my permission for anything i made/make)
i realize that :) i got space so that's not a problem. the problem is though if the demands are high and alot of people are downloading. well, i'll try to make it work but it'll take some time.
By the way, as a new user, i can't send PMs yet. UGerstl, PM me an email or of some kind :).
« Last Edit: 2012-03-18 08:24:20 by Hetsig »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: 2012-03-21 17:22:27 »

as you can see in this picture all this time i use the "ff7 bootloader" to load the game but i have to manually set the gamemode etc, but what i really wanted to know is can i just use the shortcut on the right with the hardcore mode, aeris revival selected aswell automatically?
Not much of a big deal really but was just wondering
Edit:
No worries UGerstl sent me a pm for help :)
« Last Edit: 2012-03-24 22:57:53 by e1sunz »

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 2012-03-24 22:00:27 »
What does the Aeris Revival mod conflict with? I decided to enable it with Remastered and New Spell Names and its doing some really odd stuff.

Apart from transferring save files between my host and virtual machine and configuring ff7_opengl.cfg (I think that what it was called), I don't recall changing any FF7 files after installing the mods with Bootleg. Also, a little side question: Does Remastered or another mod I possibly have enabled change the Umbrella to the Princess Guard+?

If it helps, this is my current Bootleg configuration:
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6821/ff7mods.png
« Last Edit: 2012-03-24 22:20:39 by Klaw117 »

Mewsin (aka Zendar)

• i share everything i make (the Answer is yes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 2012-03-25 04:04:23 »
Also, a little side question: Does Remastered or another mod I possibly have enabled change the Umbrella to the Princess Guard+?

this is part of the Aeris revival mod for as far as i know
i guess because her regular princess guard weapon doesnt measure up to the
other ultimate weapons and was never intended to be used past the point she leaves
the party and dies.

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 2012-03-25 04:09:46 »
That happened before I enabled the Aeris Revival mod though. I just had the Remastered and New Spell Names mods enabled at the time.

Izicial

« Reply #934 on: 2012-03-25 16:22:54 »
Sorry I'm really new to this, but it says I need m004.rar but the only one I can find is M005. Is that one going to work with bootleg because I cant find a download for the older one anywere.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 2012-03-25 22:12:00 »
Hi Izicial,

look here :  M004d.exe

Izicial

« Reply #936 on: 2012-03-26 00:20:07 »
Thank you very much :).

One of the mediafire downloads is no longer working its the Final Fantasy VII Remix 2-5-1 Installer.part9.

Lastly if anyone knows a faster place to get Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe then I would be extremely happy because the torrent only has like 2 people seeding and they aren't on very long so it could be weeks before I can actually get it todownload.

If anyone could help me locate those then I would be 100% complete and very very happy :)
« Last Edit: 2012-03-26 01:01:03 by Izicial »

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 2012-03-26 00:40:35 »
@Izicial:  That is the second time this problem occurs.   :o

Try this link :  Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.part09.rar

Izicial

« Reply #938 on: 2012-03-26 01:02:30 »
Yet again thank you very very much.

You probably responded before I edited my post but do you know a faster place to get Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe rather than the torrent because its ungodly slow.

Thanks in advance :)

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 2012-03-26 01:19:14 »
@Izicial: All these versions of The Remix are supported.
              You need only one of them !

Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe        Titeguy3        Compilation of enhancements             Qhimm TORRENT

Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.part1.rar  Titeguy3        Alternate for Remix in 4 Parts          Qhimm 1 2 3 4

Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.part01.rar Titeguy3        Alternate for Remix in 13 Parts         Qhimm 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 FILES

Izicial

« Reply #940 on: 2012-03-26 02:06:12 »
Hmm alright i didnt know that so now that I got part nine it says I dont even need the exe anymore so thats good. Will save me weeks of slow downloading. Got all the parts I need so cross my fingers and hope it works :).

Thanks for the help

EDIT: Well it seemed to install properly but it still asks me for the disks. (Which I have the actual game and .isos) but I though the bootleg had the cdless patch in it already. Apparently it does not. Do you know if CDless patch can be applied after bootleg or if the two are even  compatable??
« Last Edit: 2012-03-26 02:46:38 by Izicial »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 2012-03-26 03:30:22 »
Izicial,
Bootleg uses Kranmer's ANY CD patch.  The NO CD patch is of questionable legality.
The ANY CD patch requires at least 1 of the game CD-ROMS.
Mounting an ISO as a virtual CD-ROM also works.

When using ISO's, first create a virtual CD-ROM drive.
Then mount the ISO in the virtual drive.
Run Bootloader and click CONFIGURE.
Select the correct drive letter in the CD-ROM drop down list.
Click SAVE.

Topic: [Tutorial] Protect your game discs - remove the need for them

This tutorial has all the info you need to create and use ISO's.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 2012-03-26 18:57:30 »
ok need serious help here im in the bit on Disc 1 where i have to leave Aerith house without her by walking buut for some reason when i do this Cloud automatically runs and attracts attention so there's absoloutely no way to get out of the damn house!, here's a vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZ392yyLbU
Don't know what mod to blame but im guessing it's the patch (Default Run) in the Menu Overhaul i enabled

Izicial

« Reply #943 on: 2012-03-26 19:45:45 »
Ok sweet thanks. I have one of the discs mounted now. :).

I know I Hate to ask so many questions but my game now freezes right when Cloud walks up to the first two people before the train. Does anyone know why this happens?
I tried using the old Car.lgp, but that didn't work.

In app log it says:
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: failed to find file battle/OPAA (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: STAGE09.D OPAA
ERROR: could not open file STAGE09.D
ERROR: unhandled exception

« Last Edit: 2012-03-26 22:01:54 by Izicial »

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 2012-03-26 22:01:43 »
ok need serious help here im in the bit on Disc 1 where i have to leave Aerith house without her by walking buut for some reason when i do this Cloud automatically runs and attracts attention so there's absoloutely no way to get out of the damn house!, here's a vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZ392yyLbU
Don't know what mod to blame but im guessing it's the patch (Default Run) in the Menu Overhaul i enabled
You need to walk in that area, right? If you have the Default Run mod, don't push Cancel to walk. The game seems to detect whether or not you're running based on whether or not you have Cancel pressed and not actually whether or not Cloud is running. Just use your movement keys. Yeah, it may look like Cloud is running, but the game mechanics will detect Cloud as walking since you don't have Cancel pressed. Do the same thing when you're walking across the oil slicks in the Cave of the Gi.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #945 on: 2012-03-26 23:54:46 »
Izicial,
ERROR: offset error: STAGE09.D OPAA
ERROR: could not open file STAGE09.D
ERROR: unhandled exception
That error is related to a damaged file in FLEVEL.LGP.
Replace FLEVEL.LGP with the vanilla version and pass through that battle.
If the file is corrupt, you'll need to reinstall.

Izicial

« Reply #946 on: 2012-03-27 00:27:20 »
What mod would I use to reinstall that? Plus even with the vanilla it still doesn't work, It gives the exact same error.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 2012-03-27 00:31:35 »
Are you using Windows Vista?
Sometimes UAC/DEP causes the game to read files from ..\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\

Check there for the LGP files.

Izicial

« Reply #948 on: 2012-03-27 01:00:10 »
I installed it on the D drive (No program files folders) just so that wouldn't happen. DOes it need to be installed on a program files folder because I though I read somewhere that it was a bad thing to do that.
So there is no App Data folder I just tried searching for it in the folder plus doing a computer wide search for it and nothing was found so the file I tried changing must have been the right one because when I did they ll went back to the original models.
Should I just try a complete reinstall of the games and mods? and if I have to should I do it in program files or doesn't it matter? Because id like to keep the C drive as open s possible

EDIT: I uninstalled everything and now it seems to be working about 99% the only thing I see wrong now is that the ATB health and mana bars show improperly.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-27 21:24:08 by Izicial »

zenith

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 2012-03-28 00:13:24 »
pitbrat is a god among men.

question here regarding soundtrack mods. I've been reading this thread and keep seeing the term "looping flawlessly" in terms of the soundtrack. I am unsure as to what this means...... any insight would be greatly appreciated. seems like everyone here knows but me!

I also would like to strongly advocate the original soundtrack, you guys! it's great that some members took the time to mod it and make it "loop" (what ever that means!) but i just want to point out that nobuo uematsu knew what he was doing when he recorded the music.. according to wikipedia:

"while the media capabilities of the console (playstation) allowed for CD quality music, Uematsu opted instead to use MIDI sounds.[1] This decision has been credited as giving the soundtrack "a very distinctive mood and feel", forming a strong association for listeners between the game and its soundtrack."

also, he spent close to a year recording all of the tracks.

I love everything about the original tunes, so any mod that changes the sonic qualities of the sound i'd rather not put into the modded version of the game... does the "looping flawlessly" feature change the instrumentation/arrangement of the tracks??

I prefer the original tunes over any remakes i've heard, here or elsewhere, in terms of sonic quality and production and i feel like anything but the o.g tracks just wont do the game justice. just my 2cents, yo.