Author Topic: STUPID: Can someone give an overview of game modes? (Specific to using Bootleg)  (Read 3684 times)

ineedhelp

• View Profile
Okay, so I just got everything installed and running correctly. I was wondering what each mode meant. I did attempt somewhat to try and find each mod and read the 'readme' but those threads aren't so each to find. Back to topic: I understand the hard, harder, hardest mode (what she said yeah yeah), but what of the other modes? Perhaps go over the main points in each mode. In addition to this, everytime I re-open bootloader, it starts back at 'normal.' Does this mean that I can choose to play any mode at any time with any save? I'm very new to this forum, so lots of catching up to do and I apologize if I offend anyone with my stupidity, at least I'm persistent and honest.  8-)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
You can get a brief description of the modes if you hover over the mode name in BFE.
Also, in the game folder there is a folder named BOOTLEG_ORIGINAL_READMES that contains many of the mod documents.
You cannot mix and match save games.  Save games created in Hardcore mode will not work in other modes.
In Bootleg 0038, there is a bug that prevents Hardcore mode from working correctly when Menu Overhaul with ReTranslation is installed.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
Okay, so far I have been play in normal and remastered with the same save file. I've also tried running that same save file with Hardcore mode, LostWing, Harder Items, and it seems to work okay at the moment. However, when I installed Menu Overhaul, I recalled reading that the re translation wasn't working and such (though that might have already been fixed in MOO5a), so I decided not to include that in the whole install, maybe that can be why the bug isn't acting up yet? Thanks.  8)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
The problems crop up later in the game.  Remastered and Normal saves are interchangeable for the most part.
During late game battles, attempting to use a normal save in Hardcore mode will cause a crash during the battle.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
Thanks for the informative answer. I will keep this in mind if I experience any type of consistent crashes in the future. Cheers