Author Topic: FF7 Questions..  (Read 16071 times)

Drake

FF7 Questions..
« on: 2002-11-13 04:48:08 »
Hello all, I'm new to this board, was seeking a few answers to some questions about FF7 for the PC.  I Came across this website when browsing for a patch to fix the chocobo racing error.  Was glad to find this page, some interesting information here =).

I was wondering if the "love points" in FF7 really matter?  Say you have higher points with Tifa than Aeris, will it even matter in the long run?  Or would that only matter during the date where Cait Sith betrays you?  If anyone has tested this, some information would be helpful, hehe.

Another question, about Jenova (The Editor).  I've edited a save file to include Aeris in my party, after she died of course.  (I backed up my original save files, just in case.)  When I put Aeris back in the party, I wasn't able to remove her using PHS.  Is there a way to get her back and still be able to change her in / out of party?

Lastly, does anyone that visists this board happen to have FF7 for the PC and have a save file right before the date event?

Any input would be much appreciated, thanks =).

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #1 on: 2002-11-13 05:08:24 »
Welcome to the board!

AFAIK, the love points only affect the date.

As for Aeris thing, I don't know, and I doubt it. It's basically coded into the game that you can't have Aeris after she dies, or else she'd still show up on the PHS after dying. Sorry.

Drake

FF7 Questions..
« Reply #2 on: 2002-11-13 05:35:54 »
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.  You summed up my questions pretty much =)

eerrrr

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #3 on: 2002-11-13 16:32:52 »
I posted this earlier in a different thread, which then died straight away, and since it looks like your not coming back this one'll probably die too. I'll post it again anyway.

I just had a look on GameFAQs.com.

Tifa's Date
Yuffie's Date
Barret's Date

I might try converting them to PSX versions, somehow, if they aren't already, and emulate them. I've only ever had Tifa and Aeris.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #4 on: 2002-11-14 12:05:21 »
I think there should be some "Interesing things" thread, where links like this should be posted.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #5 on: 2002-11-15 14:05:45 »
Yuffe/Barret date >>>>> you

Rubicant

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #6 on: 2002-11-15 15:46:45 »
I wouldn't consider when Cloud and Barret go around the gold saucer together as a date. I see it as two guys just hangin' out; standard male bonding. I've never actually read the script of that part, but I sincerely hope that they don't consider it a date. Unless there IS a gruesome kissing scene in the car, then an awkward silence, my idea is completely wrong.

The only person I've been able to "go out" with at gold saucer is Tifa. The only reason for that is because I treated everyone else like crap. Yeah, that's right. I told Aeris that she was the "slum drunk", then I was all uptight and cruel to her to the very end. I never even used that slum drunk in my party, unless I really had to (Temple of the Ancients, ugh).

*WARNING..MAY BE A SPOILER* I can't change the font! ARGH!!

However, my ending was really weird. Usually the hand reaches down through the lifestream to Cloud, right? In my game, a hand with the middle finger up came down and got close to Cloud's face, then left him there to die. It was pretty funny.

And that's my story..but it's a complete lie  :P

magicsheep

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #7 on: 2002-11-16 05:48:04 »
interesting.....

i'm speechless...

though it is funny i find that if that really happened it would be kinda odd....

i do agree with you about the date thing.. if there was a kissing scene that I would sue square soft... otherwise its just two buds hanging out

Joey

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #8 on: 2002-11-21 00:14:03 »
I thought I'd barge in as I have bought FF7 and playing it in EPSXE.

I have a question: Does Cloud walk *that* slow in the entire game, or can he be changed to [Run] like in FF9?

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #9 on: 2002-11-21 02:15:34 »
Hold cancel to make him run. Like usual. Unless it's a cut-scene, then no.

Joey

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #10 on: 2002-11-21 02:53:49 »
Thanks and also I have a question...

I've equipped the all materia to tifa and she also has the restore materia. I understand that the All materia enables me to cast cure to everyone in the party but so far I can't do that. Please help..

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #11 on: 2002-11-21 03:32:17 »
You can't do this at the beginning of the game.  You need to get a weapon or armor that has two materia slots linked together.  You must then link the "Restore" and the "All" materia together for the "All" to be useful.

Joey

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #12 on: 2002-11-22 16:57:54 »
Sorry but I have another question on FF7...

I can't find a decent walkthrough/faq in the net about FF7 so here's my question again...

So, how does a character learn an ability permanently even when the materia is unequipped? is it when all the Huge amount of APs is learnt?

eerrrr

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #13 on: 2002-11-22 17:08:52 »
Abilities can't be learnt, you can only use them when equipped.  Although with the use of AP they level up and become stronger, make a new skill available or, at Master level, create a new born materia of the same type.

BTW, equipping a piece of materia to a weapon with Double or Triple means it'll recieve a larger amount of AP points than it would at Normal.

Also, the only way to be able to use all commands/summons/magic spells at once is if you equip the master materia of that type, but they're rare and hard to obtain.

Goto GameFaqs for a bunch of top-notch walkthroughs.

dgp9999

• View Profile
    • http://molexroots.com
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #14 on: 2002-11-23 18:57:18 »
Believe it or not, calling Aeris the slum drunk doesn't affect her points............ maybe she IS the slum drunk.

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #15 on: 2002-11-23 23:53:57 »
Joey: c'mon, dude, the game's so much more fun without a walkthru . . .

Joey

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #16 on: 2002-11-25 02:35:10 »
The game is predictable but the amount of freedom given in the game scares me. I missed a few stuff and I had do use a [pec] to get it back.

comparing it to FF4, FF5, FF6, FF8 and FF9 this is a game which offers true freedom meaning we can do lotsa things without restrictions.

But the only thing that gets on my nerves is that the level up system is too slow...

Anyways, I'm very blur about the game and It will take a lotta time 2 complete it...mebbe someone here will give me an explaination on blue magic and what I should steal...

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #17 on: 2002-11-25 10:09:34 »
0_0!?

:roll:

Really Joey. FFVII isnt that unlinier or hard.

Characters cant use magic without Materia. This is a part of the story line fs.

magicsheep

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #18 on: 2002-11-26 05:25:23 »
joey FF7 level up speed is very fast considering Legend of Dragoon...
i agree that it is a tiny bit slower that FF9 , but the beauty of playing Final fantesy's is getting to know how they all work becuase they are all so different and yet so much alike

Jedimark

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #19 on: 2002-11-26 08:16:53 »
Im quite surprised you havent played FF7 before Joey. It's an awesome game... don't use a walthrough at least not when your playing it for the first time. The game is so much more interesting without a walkthrough.

Rubicant

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #20 on: 2002-11-26 16:10:51 »
Yep, good point there, Jedimark. I played FF7 and FF8 with walkthroughs and I probably got less of an effect of the game than I would without the walkthroughs. Now that I'm on FF9, I'm gonna continue NOT playing with a guide. So far it's made the experience a little better. Damn, sometimes I wish I could rid my memories of the Final Fantasy games so that I could re-play the games for the "first time" again.

However, for the last part of both FF7 and FF8, I threw away my guides because they really began to fall apart at the end of the game. My FF7 guide began having crappy explanations of the areas (For example, the very last part of disc 2) so I just dropped the guide. Same thing with FF8. I wanted to "find my way" (heh, one of the songs on the OST is named similar to that) to finish the game..and did. I didn't need ANY help beating the last boss in FF8, either. With Irvine, everything is easy  8)

From now on, I always trust the Kid Rock look-alikes..

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #21 on: 2002-11-27 12:02:09 »
Its good to beat game by yourself and then to beat it again with walkthrough, to get all of it. But it takes a lot of time at games like ff :) (i have played ff7 for 150+ hours)

Anyhow, you can miss a lot of game when you play it with walkthrough ... as it was said.

Rubicant

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #22 on: 2002-11-27 15:43:01 »
I made that mistake when playing FF6. I was like 12 years old when I started playing that game. I wasn't that great at rpg's at that time, so I cheated all the way through (level 99 cheat), and used a walkthrough too! Yet, I still felt like I got a good effect from the story. Apparently, my walkthrough didn't give anything away. Keep in mind that not EVERY walkthrough sucks by giving away the story.

*Spoiler may be up ahead*

On the other hand, I never used any sort of walkthrough on Secret of Mana, and that took me about 1.5 years to complete. Same thing with FF4. I really sucked at that game, but keep in mind that I was 8 years old when I played that game. When I had to board the whale, I couldn't do it. I swear that I pressed every single button possible, and I still couldn't get on. I pressed "A, B, X, then Y, and then R and L" on my snes pad, and I couldn't get on. So, I decided to go off and fight in the underworld. This went on for months, until my sister told me about some dude in her class that had beaten the game. Apparently, I hadn't been standing in the very midde of the vehicle when I tried to board it.

Sometimes walkthroughs are okay to use, but not until you are completely stuck on something.

Jedimark

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #23 on: 2002-11-27 15:44:54 »
Elements of the game like cracking the code to the safe in Nibelheim just aren't the same when you already know the code!

But once you've done the game it's prietty cool to use walkthrough so you know things like what tune to play on tiffas piano and breeding chocobos etc..

Rubicant

• View Profile
FF7 Questions..
« Reply #24 on: 2002-11-27 15:55:40 »
Oh man, hehe. The "missing line of text" trick that everyone misses. Man, they pull that same thing in FF8 (not going to specify where, but believe it or not but I finished that part without a walkthrough) and it was pretty lame of them. It also didn't help how I was told ALOT of stuff about FF7 3 years prior to me playing it (for example, the really BAD things that happen). Ugh, some people should be born without voices so that they can't ruin games like that for people.

Hey, cool. 123 posts!