Author Topic: Aavock UI 1:1Remastered  (Read 47650 times)

Aavock

• View Profile
Re: Aavock UI 1:1Remastered
« Reply #100 on: 2021-04-22 23:04:59 »
Here you go. This was exactly the issue I was talking about. See how the buttons are color coded, but they're wonky? That's it.

Wait so what exactly is the problem? Aavock, did you figure it out?

Thanks for the screenshot, this is what I was looking for. I will be releasing an dedicated pack with the PSX buttons for all New Threat/The Reunion users.

First, I need to finish my font optimization (about ~70% done) then I'll start drawing all PSX buttons as faithful as possible in size, color and shape.

Can someone rip the PSX buttons textures from the original game and post them as *.bmp/*.png?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2021-04-22 23:19:06 »
Sega Chief, I've actually gone back to the standalone New Threat along with the standalone Satsuki's install, along with the canary build of FFNx. I did not have this issue with The Reunion, but that had Satsuki's version 4 which didn't have the UI and Avatar mods. Also gonna post this image, thought it was just a difficulty challenge with New Threat, but looking at it now, it might be a glitch.

Actually for your standalone, is it just in ./data/menu? You know looking at my data directory, I'm not seeing .tex files. Does your standalone include them?

Also, in my .toml, I have the direct path set to "SYWV5/direct". If that makes a difference. Sega Chief, only files for your mod went to the data folder, which I backed up beforehand, and the exe patch that you did. I patched out the cd check from that.

Edit: On another note, isn't Tifa amazing guys? Lol! Kicks so much ass!

The stand-alone has it, but it's stored in an archive within Menu called menu_us.lgp along with the other files that are used for the menus. Reunion reads these files 'loose' when they're in a direct folder, but what the game usually does is read them all from packed archives so the stand-alone NT installer just patches the archive file instead.

What's probably happening is that the Direct patching of other mods is overriding what's in the menu_us.lgp that the NT stand-alone installer is patching, so the button icons I've added there are being lost. The problem with stand-alone installers is that they tend to be much less compatible with each other so I reckon you're going to see a bunch of menu and UI bugs if using them together.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2021-04-26 01:38:48 »
All shadows have been redrawn and both fonts were closely revisited !
This update will be available in Satsuki's pack.

Previous version for reference:

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2021-04-26 02:33:41 »
Alright let me reply.

Aavock, thanks for getting back to me! So I'll just have to wait for you to redraw those psx buttons then? I can do that, not a problem. I'll keep a look out when you or Satsuki update your graphics pack.

Sega Chief, so I took a look inside Satsuki's SYWV5/direct folder. He only has char in there, no menu. So your menu_us.lgp should be preserved, and not be overwritten. Right? Actually looking inside the data folder, I can't find a char folder at all, which .lgp would that be inside? I had the same issue when I was using your mod, and Satsuki's, with 7th heaven. So it's not a stand alone conflicting problem. Only time, I didn't have the problem was when I was using The Reunion, but I was using V4 of Satsuki's upscaled graphics, which didn't include any font or menu upscaling.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2021-04-26 03:09:09 »
Aavock, thanks for getting back to me! So I'll just have to wait for you to redraw those psx buttons then? I can do that, not a problem. I'll keep a look out when you or Satsuki update your graphics pack.
Well, based on the screenshot you posted you can easily spot the characters that need to be replaced by the specific PSX button. That's actually a very simple task.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #105 on: 2021-04-26 05:37:57 »
Alright let me reply.

Sega Chief, so I took a look inside Satsuki's SYWV5/direct folder. He only has char in there, no menu. So your menu_us.lgp should be preserved, and not be overwritten. Right? Actually looking inside the data folder, I can't find a char folder at all, which .lgp would that be inside? I had the same issue when I was using your mod, and Satsuki's, with 7th heaven. So it's not a stand alone conflicting problem. Only time, I didn't have the problem was when I was using The Reunion, but I was using V4 of Satsuki's upscaled graphics, which didn't include any font or menu upscaling.
No you don't get it.
I have the Aavock menu included in pack
The external texture are used over internal texture
As the psx button replace some letters in the font, the NT mod button are overwritten with Aavock HD texture as it should be.
The only way to use Aavock texture + psx button will be to have those buttons in the Aavock texture file (replacing the corresponding letter as in the NT mod)

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2021-04-26 17:56:44 »
No you don't get it.
I have the Aavock menu included in pack
The external texture are used over internal texture
As the psx button replace some letters in the font, the NT mod button are overwritten with Aavock HD texture as it should be.
The only way to use Aavock texture + psx button will be to have those buttons in the Aavock texture file (replacing the corresponding letter as in the NT mod)

So from what I'm getting, Aavock hasn't implemented the psx buttons yet. That's why everything's referencing the stock pc button layout. But NT expects the psx button layout. So I just gotta wait for Aavock to implement his upscaled psx buttons. Right? The previous reply by Aavock said it's simple and it looks like he'll get on it. So we're good?

I got no problem with your pack, Satsuki, overwriting NT. I prefer the upscaled backgrounds, etc. Just got NT for difficulty.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #107 on: 2021-04-30 22:24:29 »
Really neat.

Aavock I have a request if that will not be too much.

Kindly is it possible to add following in a separate zip:

-Indicators of order: º , ª (underlined: see image; their position in usfont should be: here)
-Gender symbol: ♂ , ♀ (their position in usfont should be: here)
-Degree symbol: ° (the position in usfont should be above L2 button: here)

It would be really useful for translations (such as the Italian Retranslation.)

Hope you will take in consideration, thanks!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2021-05-03 15:27:24 »
All right, in this pack you'll find the updated fonts including minor fixes and corrected shadows.

Also, Kuraudo.'s request is done for Italians users.

And finally a a New Threat version with ◯,✖,▲, ◼ and directional buttons as placeholders just to show how easy it is to customize the textures with all the buttons you want.

Now, back to my chocobos!

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2021-05-03 21:01:43 »
All right, in this pack you'll find the updated fonts including minor fixes and corrected shadows.

And finally a a New Threat version with ◯,✖,▲, ◼ and directional buttons as placeholders just to show how easy it is to customize the textures with all the buttons you want.

Aavock, thanks! It's looking so much better. I noticed some spacing issues, so probably still a work in progress. Got some pictures.

(I don't know if you plan to make this menu show the ps1 buttons. Thought I'd ask.)

(Here's the spacing issue.)

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2021-05-04 00:21:59 »
I noticed some spacing issues, so probably still a work in progress.
You need to edit the windows.bin file. This one should do it.

I don't know if you plan to make this menu show the ps1 buttons. Thought I'd ask.
This requires text editong, I believe Makou Reactor can do the trick.

Here's the spacing issue.
Manipulating boxes dimensions requires hex editing the ff7.exe file, Cheat Engine is the tool.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #111 on: 2021-05-04 01:28:29 »
keep in mind it may be impossible for controller buttons to work without misalignments with ESUI controller button mod, the controller button mod that will allow these buttons to display (the aforementioned ESUI controller buttons mod) expects character spacing that is either identical to ESUI's font, or there is another version that expects exact vanilla spacing - since this mod is neither of those the controller icons on the font sheet will be a moot point outside of Reunion until the controller buttons mod is made to accept a custom spacing set (or a lot of manual, technical work is done... one of my UI mods, DFUI, has this same issue)

« Last Edit: 2021-05-04 02:25:22 by -Ori »

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2021-05-04 04:05:52 »
keep in mind it may be impossible for controller buttons to work without misalignments with ESUI controller button mod, the controller button mod that will allow these buttons to display (the aforementioned ESUI controller buttons mod) expects character spacing that is either identical to ESUI's font, or there is another version that expects exact vanilla spacing - since this mod is neither of those the controller icons on the font sheet will be a moot point outside of Reunion until the controller buttons mod is made to accept a custom spacing set (or a lot of manual, technical work is done... one of my UI mods, DFUI, has this same issue)

Hey Ori, thanks for responding man! So let me explain my mod setup, since I've been shuffling back and forth between so many different things. Right now I got,

Satsuki's SYWV5
New Threat latest
ffnx latest canary

That's it. Maybe I need some more mods? Like this ESUI? I don't know if it's compatible with the above mods though. Is it? I don't mind the spacing issue, just thought I'd mention it. I'm just a bit confused on how to proceed. I remember when I was using Reunion, there were a lot of those font mods like DFUI and Vanilla something, but there's no non-reunion version of them. At least I couldn't find. So far all I got is what Aavock and Satsuki have.

(I feel like I'm tinkering more now instead of playing the game. Hehe. It's all good.)

You need to edit the windows.bin file. This one should do it.
This requires text editong, I believe Makou Reactor can do the trick.
Manipulating boxes dimensions requires hex editing the ff7.exe file, Cheat Engine is the tool.

Alright, I'll try your windows.bin aavock. So what's this about Makou Reactor. Another mod? Man I gotta make a list. And now there's hex editing? Really? I been talking with Sega Chief, he said you could use hext files to modify the exe. Is that only with reunion? So ffnx can't do that? Huh.

(Btw, thanks for all the help Aavock, appreciate it.)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #113 on: 2021-05-04 06:20:11 »
Hey Ori, thanks for responding man! So let me explain my mod setup, since I've been shuffling back and forth between so many different things. Right now I got,

Satsuki's SYWV5
New Threat latest
ffnx latest canary

That's it. Maybe I need some more mods? Like this ESUI? I don't know if it's compatible with the above mods though. Is it? I don't mind the spacing issue, just thought I'd mention it. I'm just a bit confused on how to proceed. I remember when I was using Reunion, there were a lot of those font mods like DFUI and Vanilla something, but there's no non-reunion version of them. At least I couldn't find. So far all I got is what Aavock and Satsuki have.

(I feel like I'm tinkering more now instead of playing the game. Hehe. It's all good.)

Alright, I'll try your windows.bin aavock. So what's this about Makou Reactor. Another mod? Man I gotta make a list. And now there's hex editing? Really? I been talking with Sega Chief, he said you could use hext files to modify the exe. Is that only with reunion? So ffnx can't do that? Huh.

(Btw, thanks for all the help Aavock, appreciate it.)

if you use ESUI controller buttons, you can get the buttons on the config screen like you were wanting (but that's an .iro, with satuki's all-in-one thingamabob you wont get the controller buttons for now, because they arent there in the original pc port and thats what the AIO tries to stay true to... also not sure about compatibility with new threat)

unfortunately both makou reactor and hex editing are somewhat complicated for someone who hasnt modded ff7 before, not they are unlearnable but will require a bit of motivation - i certainly dont recommend it if you dont intend on sinking significant time into learning

you can hex edit with FFNx or reunion, however there are some different addresses so the same bunch of hex code cant just be used for both (when it comes to UI, anyway) - which is why most UIs dont support both

the reunion UIs wouldnt help get the controller buttons even if they existed for FFNx, they work in reunion because it has a controller buttons mod built into it
« Last Edit: 2021-05-04 06:26:50 by -Ori »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #114 on: 2021-05-05 07:23:37 »

You are great! Thanks a lot

Finally, chocobo!!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2021-05-08 21:41:23 »
Chocobo avatars are now fully redrawn, they're far from perfect but still better compared to what I've made in a rush years ago. Because of the poor source material those textures are based on Nomura's artwork.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #116 on: 2021-05-09 00:27:17 »
Aavock... this is more than perfect! Well done! Thanks for keeping us updated

What's next on the list?

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2021-05-09 23:27:46 »
Thanks Kuraudo.!

Maps are done,next on the list is the stamina gauge.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2021-05-10 13:44:16 »
Outstanding job, as usual.

Thanks for the prolonged effort towards perfection. ;-)

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #119 on: 2021-05-10 18:44:15 »
This is so HD! Perfection!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2021-05-11 19:00:16 »
 Definitely not happy on how things are turning out. I guess it's a driver thing, semi transparency are not being displayed correctly.

Here you can see that the chocobo avatars borders are all messed up and there's also some artifacts on the neck despite that zone being single layered.

Best I can do is using hard edges textures (in this preview the gold chocobo), borders are harsh but at least the neck is okay.

I'll try a 800% or even a 1600% sized texture see if I can improve it.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #121 on: 2021-05-16 13:55:36 »
Cannot wait to see how you polish it, but to me it does look already quite great!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2021-05-17 15:41:21 »
Due to bad coding in the original game I'm encountering a few obstacles. Here, you can see tons of misalignment, bad cropping, distorted texture display, unconsistent X,Y placements...

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #123 on: 2021-05-17 16:30:22 »
Due to bad coding in the original game I'm encountering a few obstacles. Here, you can see tons of misalignment, bad cropping, distorted texture display, unconsistent X,Y placements..

Yeah dude, my single least favorite thing I encountered when working onthe Remake font for ESUI. So many inconsistencies and misalignments inherent in the original. Often felt like I was being punished for being consistent with my own measurements, to have to misalign my own work in order to get it to display cleanly. *smh*

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2021-05-21 02:43:44 »
Yeah dude, my single least favorite thing I encountered when working onthe Remake font for ESUI. So many inconsistencies and misalignments inherent in the original. Often felt like I was being punished for being consistent with my own measurements, to have to misalign my own work in order to get it to display cleanly. *smh*
Exactly, for a CRT screen back then it was not a priority to get that sort of accuracy I guess.

I'm trying my best to get a well balanced result. Until next update, here are the different type of crowns (too bad they don't show up on top of the bubbles).

The stamina gauge is now perfectly centered too!