Author Topic: How far can modders take this game, is there any limit.  (Read 2479 times)

zeldagirl

• View Profile
These modders on here are remarkable. Time and effort for a classic game is worth it. How far can modders take the game before we can say there is no more that can be done. Will we see technology get better and make this game even better or have we seen the best there is. Curious to see what people say?

Izban

• View Profile
Re: How far can modders take this game, is there any limit.
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-17 21:25:28 »
At the moment the limit is custom code and battle animations, however that is pretty close to being cleared up, thanks to quantumpencil... Plugging sister ray

plein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-06 13:48:15 »
At the moment the limit is custom code and battle animations, however that is pretty close to being cleared up, thanks to quantumpencil... Plugging sister ray
Thank you so much for your answer.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-06 22:23:29 »

Battle animations are possible, as i did create new victory animations for Aerith as Scarlet. Of course it's very tedious work with each frame being handled manually. Took me 8h a day for a couple of days to do the 5 sec victory animation.

The problem is that the animations in battle are all in one single file. And the only way yet to change a battle-animation in FF7 is to change them manually in Kimera. With the field-models they had separate files for each animation making things easier as far as i understand.

kelsienew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-15 16:36:46 »
Thank you very much for the solution.