Author Topic: Grandia II is coming to steam  (Read 3179 times)

Zara9

• View Profile
Grandia II is coming to steam
« on: 2015-05-12 12:48:55 »
hey

guess what everyone

grandia 2 is coming to stream

read all about it right here http://www.gamespot.com/articles/acclaimed-dreamcast-rpg-grandia-ii-coming-to-steam/1100-6427252/

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Grandia II is coming to steam
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-12 14:22:49 »
Grandia II is a great game, but it's by Game Arts, not Square Enix, so it goes in Completely Unrelated.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-12 14:52:15 »
hey

guess what everyone

grandia 2 is coming to stream

read all about it right here http://www.gamespot.com/articles/acclaimed-dreamcast-rpg-grandia-ii-coming-to-steam/1100-6427252/

Part of me wants to be excited. I love Grandia II. Especially for its combat system and characters. But I'm weary of how well it will be ported. I'd love to have all the extra content the PS2 version had but not the bugs that came with it. And not very many games I've seen get the proper work they need. Doesn't seem the article says if it'll have the extra content anyway. So I'll wait until the reviews come out. But I'll try to be hopeful.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-05-12 18:36:20 »
But I'm weary of how well it will be ported. I'd love to have all the extra content the PS2 version had but not the bugs that came with it.
While there is already a 2002 PC version ported by the same team that did the PS2 version (and has many of the same problems), the GameSpot article says the new Steam version is going to be based on the original Dreamcast release. I'd imagine this means no extra content, but none of the PS2 port's bugs either. I don't see any evidence that it's being done by Rocket Studio (who seems not to even exist anymore?), and while Game Arts hasn't released a PC game in forever, their parent company GungHo has a pretty solid track record on PC. I'm not really worried.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2015-05-12 20:00:40 »
Yeah... I didn't hear many great things about the original PC port. You make good points. I guess with all the botched ports I've seen as of late, I get a little discouraged. If the company does a good job, I have no problem spending money to get it. It really is a great game and it'd be nice for more people to have a chance to play it. So, all in all, I'm happy to hear this news.