Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1241180 times)

ntngu23

Hey just likes to say thanks for the remix patch. However I do have a slight problem with it. When i begin playing its all good but after around 5-10min it just starts laggggingggg. My graphics card is also good so there shouldnt be a problem there.
 I do however get a message in ff7Music saying "Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function." Could this be the problem?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hey just likes to say thanks for the remix patch. However I do have a slight problem with it. When i begin playing its all good but after around 5-10min it just starts laggggingggg. My graphics card is also good so there shouldnt be a problem there.
 I do however get a message in ff7Music saying "Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function." Could this be the problem?

Interesting...try updating your graphics cards drivers, that usually fixes a lot of issues like that. If that doesn't work, try tinkering with the settings in the FF7 OpenGL Config File. My guess would be that turning off shaders should sidestep the issue.

Beavii

• View Profile
Hey guy's

Can any1 tell who's ai mods were used in this, i believe there is two in this compilation,

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hey guy's

Can any1 tell who's ai mods were used in this, i believe there is two in this compilation,
well it says on the first post, but Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod v1.0 and my Remastered AI Mod.

Beavii

• View Profile
Duh.

My bad, do you mind if i use your files in a beta of a tool that will allow unlimited ai/difficulty mods to be installed.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Duh.

My bad, do you mind if i use your files in a beta of a tool that will allow unlimited ai/difficulty mods to be installed.

I'd need to see/approve of said tool first.

Beavii

• View Profile

stealthcamo68

• View Profile
Titeguy! thanks so much for the compilation!

I have a question though;
I have two computer with FF7 installed;
one of them is using your compilation
and one of them i'm trying to manually install the mods;

how do I go about installing the replacement FMVs for the first time?
specifically these:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8414.0

so basically, how do i install those movies without using ur compilation program?

and might I make a suggestion....
maybe in the builder installer, you could have a checklist of what people would want to install?
that way if someone does not want a specific mod on the compilation; they could opt out to not install it?
just a suggestion;

either way, its one hell of a masterpiece and i thank you for your work!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Titeguy! thanks so much for the compilation!

I have a question though;
I have two computer with FF7 installed;
one of them is using your compilation
and one of them i'm trying to manually install the mods;

how do I go about installing the replacement FMVs for the first time?
specifically these:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8414.0

so basically, how do i install those movies without using ur compilation program?

1) Copy all of your FMVs to a folder on your hard drive
2) Copy the new FMVs into that same folder, overwriting some of the old ones
3) go to your start menu, select run
4) type "regedit" and press enter
5) go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
6) Change "MoviePath" to the directory of the folder you put your FMV's in. Remember to put a "\" at the end
7) Close out of the Registry Editor

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
Hey!
I have some problems with this mod (compilation).. :/ It does not start FF7. I use the german version and i did not find the multipatch you wrote about (in your 1st post).

I come to the ficedula music tool and then i click on "Run FF7" - Then the screen goes black and kicks me back to the desktop. :/

Windows 7 32-Bit - German.

Do you have the whole stuff without an installer too? I would like to do it step by step then..So i can use the new models etc, but have the same text.

Best regards!

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Most of the mods can be found on their own if you have a look around the forums (Mods section being the first place to start), some may need a bit of searching for though.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hey!
I have some problems with this mod (compilation).. :/ It does not start FF7. I use the german version and i did not find the multipatch you wrote about (in your 1st post).

I come to the ficedula music tool and then i click on "Run FF7" - Then the screen goes black and kicks me back to the desktop. :/

Windows 7 32-Bit - German.

Do you have the whole stuff without an installer too? I would like to do it step by step then..So i can use the new models etc, but have the same text.

Best regards!
The german patch was a failed experiment, so I took the link down. There's a list of everything included on the front page. Everything found in the patch can be found individually on the Wiki.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
Is there any way I can use a custom install, there are somethings I want and some I do not

stealthcamo68

• View Profile
Hey thanks for sharing this work with us!
I do have a problem;
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.9b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 260/PCI/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 60, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: main program link log: Fragment info
-------------
0(42) : warning C7050: "texture_color.xyz" might be used before being initialized

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: YAMAHA XG MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\xg.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
GLITCH: missing external texture: buster_00.png
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
song is already playing...
MIDI play: 47
reading midi file: HIKU.mid
current volume: 127
MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY!!!
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
ERROR: unhandled exception

I have been playing FF7 Remix okay up until this point.
I've reached the last dungeon where I go and fight Sephiroth. However, before I do that, I would like to go back out into the world map and explore more and stuff. When I talk to the pilot to "go on", the game says "something bad happened" and an emergency save is saved. Then crashes.

I just loaded Disc 3 and at the start its fine. Its just when I try to access the world map I can't access it. I've played fine up until this point....
Any idea?

EDIT: Oh and here is my crash.dmp and APP.log
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4114728/FF7CRASH.zip

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
 I've installed this using two different systems, one 32 bit one 64 bit, 32 bit system worked great, I installed it on a 64 bit system first I even learned there were things on this I've never seen before. I noticed on the 32 bit you see a new intro and FMV sequence that has clips from advent children and credits for the makers of the patch, on my 64 bit it did not change a thing just simply presented the eidos opening to the original final fantasy 7 credit screen, also on the 64 bit the change of the start screen did not work it gave me an invalid value error and the start screen was simply white backgrounded. Other then these few things the game runs fine as far as I can tell.

Herp Derp

Alright, so I set up everything as directed, but when I tried to start up the game and got to the main menu, there was no background (only New Game and Continue), and pressing "New Game" caused FF7 to crash.

Disabling fullscreen fixed the problem, but I really want to run the game in fullscreen. Any suggestions?

Alright, I fixed the problem with fullscreen crashing. Disabling V-Sync fixed the problem.

Music isn't working for me, and the prologue cutscene runs a little slow, and the sound pops a bit during the middle of it (around the time Cloud starts talking).

Ok, just the music isn't working. Everything else works fine, as far as I can tell. I tried using all three of the input plugins, and still I get no music. Any suggestions?

Here's my APP.log
Code: [Select]
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series  3.2.9756 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x800, output resolution 1280x800, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.
WARNING: warning(#276) Symbol 'fb_texture' usage doesn't match between two stages
WARNING: warning(#276) Symbol 'fb_texture' usage doesn't match between two stages

INFO: Fragment shader(s) linked, no vertex shader(s) defined.

LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/WMRP/menu/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save00.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save01.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save02.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save03.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save04.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save05.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save06.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save07.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save08.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save09.ff7
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\opening.avi; mpeg4/mp3 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.510167, frames: 1793
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/seffect/seffect1_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Limit/limit/jo_b03_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/eskill/jo_b04_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/seffect/seffect1_08.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/seffect/seffect1_03.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-11 00:05:19 by Herp Derp »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
@Herp Derp are you running FF7Music with the game? If you use the start menu or desktop shortcuts, it should start up automatically.

Herp Derp

I'm using your shortcut (the Remix .bat file). FF7 music loads up, but no music is played.
Alright, so I've been playing around with the settings (including changing the location of the music folder while adjusting the directory in FF7Music accordingly), and I still can't come up with any solutions. Can you give me a step-by-step on how to set FF7 music up properly? Should I re-install the game using Program Files as opposed to Program Files (x86)?

Hell yes! I fixed the problem. I switched my output from Realtek Audio HD to (Speakers) Realtek Audio HD.  :mrgreen:
Thank's for making this awesome mod, titeguy. Time to rock!
« Last Edit: 2010-12-13 23:46:23 by Herp Derp »

Kylos

• View Profile
Hey there, is there any chance that this Remix can be updated to have the latest Aali driver and Hardcore mod? They are both outdated.

carlcamper

Hi there. The mod has been great, except for one thing: in-game tutorial text sometimes disappears too soon, even without pressing a button. Is this a known issue? Otherwise, a perfect mod compilation so far, kudos!
« Last Edit: 2010-12-23 23:53:14 by carlcamper »

rotschleim

• View Profile
Hello! titeguy3, a big thank you to you and everyone involved in this compilation of patches! It makes Final Fantasy VII look and sound a lot more palatable.

I've come to say that I recently encountered two irregularities with the game.

After installing the game, I immediately installed FFVII Remix and restarted once more. After the computer was loaded, I started up the game and something wrong occurred with the opening FMV. The music and sound effects suddenly just stopped playing; this happened after the light green ribbons gathered together to reveal the "FINAL FANTASY VII" logo. Then, after Aerith came onscreen, the music and sound effects resumed where they left off.

I thought this problem might be related to the HD FMVs, so I thought I'd replace them with the originals. However, I never got to test this theory, as there was another problem: The game would only load once per computer boot up. That is, if I quit playing to test some settings in Aali's OpenGL driver or FF7music, I'd need to restart the computer.

I did indeed launch the game from the correct shortcut in the Start menu, but only FF7music would load. Unfortunately, I was not able to try and see if the launches-once-per-boot up issue stemmed from the original, as I've since uninstalled in disgust and temporarily lost access to my FFVII PC discs.

I was not using the Ultima Edition of the game, and here are the specs of the computer I tried this on:

To recap, my problems were:
1. The music and sound effects pause on the opening FMV. They later resume and continue as normal. The HD FMVs may be the cause of this particular issue.
2. Final Fantasy VII only loads once per computer boot up, meaning that I have to restart the computer if I want to successfully launch the game once more. Strangely enough, FF7music starts up just fine. I have no idea what the cause of this issue is.

Much appreciation to replies on solutions to these problems. Of course, pointing me toward any topics or posts on these irregularities that already exist would be marvelous.

Season's Greetings to everyone! :)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hello! titeguy3, a big thank you to you and everyone involved in this compilation of patches! It makes Final Fantasy VII look and sound a lot more palatable.

I've come to say that I recently encountered two irregularities with the game.

After installing the game, I immediately installed FFVII Remix and restarted once more. After the computer was loaded, I started up the game and something wrong occurred with the opening FMV. The music and sound effects suddenly just stopped playing; this happened after the light green ribbons gathered together to reveal the "FINAL FANTASY VII" logo. Then, after Aerith came onscreen, the music and sound effects resumed where they left off.

I thought this problem might be related to the HD FMVs, so I thought I'd replace them with the originals. However, I never got to test this theory, as there was another problem: The game would only load once per computer boot up. That is, if I quit playing to test some settings in Aali's OpenGL driver or FF7music, I'd need to restart the computer.

I did indeed launch the game from the correct shortcut in the Start menu, but only FF7music would load. Unfortunately, I was not able to try and see if the launches-once-per-boot up issue stemmed from the original, as I've since uninstalled in disgust and temporarily lost access to my FFVII PC discs.

I was not using the Ultima Edition of the game, and here are the specs of the computer I tried this on:

To recap, my problems were:
1. The music and sound effects pause on the opening FMV. They later resume and continue as normal. The HD FMVs may be the cause of this particular issue.
2. Final Fantasy VII only loads once per computer boot up, meaning that I have to restart the computer if I want to successfully launch the game once more. Strangely enough, FF7music starts up just fine. I have no idea what the cause of this issue is.

Much appreciation to replies on solutions to these problems. Of course, pointing me toward any topics or posts on these irregularities that already exist would be marvelous.

Season's Greetings to everyone! :)

1) Your computer isn't powerful enough to handle the opening FMV. Either lower your settings in the FF7 OpenGL Config File or Replace your opening.avi from your Final Fantasy VII\movies folder with the stock one off of your game disc.
2) FF7 probably isn't terminating properly. Ctrl+Alt+Del and open task manager, then go to the processes tab, and if you see "ff7.exe" right click on it and click "end process"

Hope that helps!

storm20200

• View Profile
Hi, going through the game again with this remix, was wondering if it's safe to install gjoerulv's 1.0.2 update over this? Would I lose anything from this compilation? Also do I manuall have to run YAMP to get 30000HP?

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Hey guys!...I'm back from somewhere.... hehehe

but titeguys installer truly rocks.... just 1 question can i still install new mods... if i install this one?..I'm tryin to install this to my Niece's PC for her BDAY...just want to impress her actually... :wink:

But pls. be a kind heart and help me for ol' time sake..will ya?....

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hi, going through the game again with this remix, was wondering if it's safe to install gjoerulv's 1.0.2 update over this? Would I lose anything from this compilation? Also do I manuall have to run YAMP to get 30000HP?

Not sure, I think his update installs in a way that wouldn't overwrite anything else, just make sure the game is in hardcore mode before you update it. (i.e. run the game in hardcore mode, then exit)

Hey guys!...I'm back from somewhere.... hehehe

but titeguys installer truly rocks.... just 1 question can i still install new mods... if i install this one?..I'm tryin to install this to my Niece's PC for her BDAY...just want to impress her actually... :wink:

But pls. be a kind heart and help me for ol' time sake..will ya?....

Absolutely, just keep in mind that there are two versions of some files... the normal mode, and hardcore mode files.