Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836382 times)

MelonMelonHeart

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8550 on: 2019-09-14 18:26:34 »
So I played about 16 hours of New Threat last summer, but then I uninstalled FF7 on steam and I really cannot remember why I did at this point. I enjoyed New Threat more than the base game, but I may have thought I just wouldn't ever want to replay it. Either way, when I reinstalled the game the mod was obviously not patched in. Is it possible for me to re-patch the mod with the newest version or even the old version that I saved (still have the Data folder of the version I used) and start from where my save is? Or will I need to simply start over?

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: 2019-09-14 20:17:38 »
wrt damage formulas:
  I would say that I wouldn't change the formula of powersoul, but rather just move it to late game (such as it's location in shinra building). Honestly I was pretty disappointed to see that Death Penalty had it's stats changed and is just a regular weapon, same with Cid's item. Aeris's final weapon targets the enemy by default even though it heals you? I also felt this was super underwhelming to just get yet another healing staff. Also it seems like all of the other ultimate weapons are nowhere near the strength of cloud and tifa's, or have really wonky boosting like RedXIII or Barrett, which seem impossible to have good damage? I guess you could maybe Goblin Punch with RedXIII while limit gauge is full...? I would really like an incentive to *not* use tifa in every major fight, but there just isn't one. She even outclasses Vincent for dps because Vincent's Limit Break ruins his ability to stay on the attack. Maybe if he has fury ring, but I like being able to have control of my dps unit. Chaos is pretty insane tho, but not always great, and the Satan Slam ability is pretty underwhelming in the vast majority of relevant battles. I do understand why Death Penalty was changed - in order to prevent players from using the overflow glitch, yes? Wasn't sure if maybe there was just some other way around this. Ignoring defense is interesting, but hasn't proved to be useful in many situations.

---

On lv4 breaks & ultimate weapons:
  I wholly believe that you should be able to feasibly grab every item you need to build your ultimates before the northern crater (this is true for a few weapons, but you have to pull of some one-chance-only & difficult morphs. having to morph a guy that absorbs hp with their attack while I've got to beat the timer on corel train is pretty frustrating) as opposed to of having to farm most of it inside of the crater then walk back out. Lots and lots of players don't even touch northern crater until they are ready to end the game, and I'm seeing a lot of people are getting bamboozled by there being an extra script in the game at the bottom of the crater that unlocks doing sidequests outside of it, missing it entirely and asking here because they haven't descended. It takes a lot away from the game to feel like you can just go in and out of north crater like a cakewalk, when in vanilla it seems intended to be a brutal boss rush down to the bottom with no return, only with an exit for if you are completely wrecked and can't go further down.

I do like the idea of Monster Hunting and having to track down rare monsters to morph or steal the ultimate weapon materials, but I would like to just see them somewhere outside of the crater. It would be really awesome if you *didn't* ever need to use the reference guides because someone in-game (my vote is for the sleepy guy cave near junon) to provide you with hints about where to look for all of your ultimate weapon pieces. I think the guy does in fact do this talking about Godhand in the ancient forest, but It would be much nicer if you could just ask him for hints from a list and ditch the randomized script once you're in disc 3. Also, does this guy still give you something special for coming to talk to him when your battle counter is set at all the same number (222, 444, etc)? Could easily still have this checksum in the guy's dialogue by giving him a "what else ya got?" option after asking for hints.

In addition this, I would say that the placement of peoples' key item required to forge their ultimates is also kind of jank. Some of these are just arbitrarily rewarded to the player after fights or laying around with no context or script, even though they hold huge significance...? Like the Gospel Spark is just sitting in a crater room, the 7777 needles are after a materia cave, but no other materia cave gives you an ultimate item? Micro Engine and LuvLuvG I wont even get into. Just seems very haphazard.

Ideally I would like you to trash all of the Troll item scripts, such as the dead end sense materia at the shinra raid, the potion where barret's missing score was, etc. and replace them with the synthesis items for ultimate weapons. That'd be great if you opened that chest that only shows up if barrett is around, and you got the Max Ray or Micro Engine, etc. Easily you could move the Mirco Engine there from the Dark Cave, and then Barrett's script could go from going "Oh..." to "What the $*@^# is this?? Cid! maybe you can figure this thing out??"As for LuvLuvG, it would be really funny/cute if Rude gave it to Tifa at the end of the final Turks fight. Rude could just go "....." "....." "....A parting gift." Aeris's Gospel Spark I'd like to find Midgar, such as at the church or at her house. Just thinking I'm grabbing a materia and it's her item in some room felt pretty lackluster. Maybe use that Masked Man sprite from Dark Cave and put him in the church, guarding the item. Could toggle on or off depending if Aeris is dead.

---

For chocobo breeding, I just want to neg out the chance of getting a vanilla chocobo while breeding for a special one, and make ranking up your chocobo in the races not be a thing. Chocobo Racing to rank up, specifically just to get a better % of breeding the bird you want, is a grueling process. And, literally nobody wants to have to reset their game over and over trying to get the right one to breed like in vanilla. Cooldown isn't a big deal.

---

Another question: Are your characters naturally weak to any elements, like poison? They are humanoid but wasn't sure if this was clarified. Stuff like this I'd like to see clarified in the tutorial rooms. Also the facts about hidden element etc. Would LOVE if you could just tell the player about cut/hit/shoot etc elements and update the weapons to tell the player what elements those are, or even just update Sense scripts to say if enemies are weak to hit/cut/shoot etc.

Small side note about statuses:
  I did noticed that someone mentioned that you can Frog Nemesis and that status use does have some play as you've stated. I do like these things. Nemesis can still slap you with 8000+ damage attacks while it's a frog, so I wouldn't change it just for fun. Honestly it was a huge relief to see that the mobs could just get rid of themselves without causing a ringout, as the ringout makes that fight way, way harder.

On NT quests:
  The Aeris & Cait Sith sidequest fights are weirdly harder than all the others, just due to the huge variety of stuff the enemy is doing? Tifa's, Cid's, RedXIII's and Vincent's were a cakewalk, but Barrett's, Yuffi's & Cloud's were definitely very fun and challenging - had to equip a Touph Ring to get past that Meteor attack from Zack. Dispel is definitely the MVP of this hack.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-14 20:22:56 by saw2th »

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: 2019-09-14 21:01:30 »
cait sith NT fight:

Spoiler: show
there is a text dialogue from cloud where he says "you" when it should say "your"

This is basically the only fight where Long Range materia really matters?

also wtf does HP Shout do? again, still really not fun to acquire items with no real description.

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: 2019-09-14 22:02:03 »
another rebalance suggestion to slow down the player from inevitable game-breaking would be

to lock Mime behind the materia boss fight in kalm. Partly saying this because I'm able to trounce every battle with x4 cut, mime, and/or quadra ultima. Maybe switch Pandora's Box with Multi-Cut. It would make sense to put Mime behind that battle, flavor wise, too to a degree. I would even put multi-cut somewhere further up in the tiering of battles in the game. Speaking of Mimics (would suggest to polish the dialogue on the mimic aeris fight), another interesting move could be to actually make the White Materia you acquire cast Holy, or even make Holy2 & 3. Players would probably like that a lot, then just combine planet materia with contain if you need room. Can materia learn more than 3 things? cant remember. All I have left to do now are battle square and kotr. I have attempted kotr earlier in the game, and noticed a strange behavior loop where *you know who* will lock onto your guy with scope then later may call to petrify them, thusly just attacking the petrified guy over and over, making this fight less crazy.

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: 2019-09-14 22:17:03 »
Another nice feature could be to have a shortcut to the Junon Leagues once you access them for the first time. Such as you enter lower Junon and talk to a soldier nearby who teleports you into the league room.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: 2019-09-14 22:54:50 »
saw2th, please use the edit button instead of double- and triple-posting minutes apart like this.

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: 2019-09-15 11:39:10 »
Not sure if this was intentional or maybe had something to do with doing my playthrough while toggling on the Randomizer, but the game cut straight to the dance party after defeating sephiroth, and told me I beat the hack without using sources, which is definitely untrue. It didn't show the cutscene with mr. smile, either, as seen in a video. I am unable to see the regular ending sequence with redxiii and the overgrown midgar, which was kind of sad. is there still more than one ending?

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: 2019-09-15 13:33:37 »
Hi Sega Chief  ;D
A small idea for the final update.
 On the final screen, when you talk to Mr. Smile, you can put the name selection menu for Cloud (Maybe Smile wants to know who he's talking to : / ), the idea is that people can put their name, just so that, on the last screen, that name may appear in the "end".

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: 2019-09-16 09:50:43 »
//NT Update

-) Initial Stats
   Tweak to starting stats of each character

Does anyone know what the intial stats are for every character in 1.5? Also, does anyone have the 1.5 rank up otions for everyone as well?

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: 2019-09-16 15:31:22 »
Does anyone know what the intial stats are for every character in 1.5? Also, does anyone have the 1.5 rank up otions for everyone as well?

I don't have the initial stats on hand at the moment as I am at work, but I can pull those numbers for you when I get home.

-) Character Base Stats

Cloud
   Str - 43
   Vit - 28
   Mag - 27
   Spr - 32
   Dex - 16
   Luck - 14

Barret
   Str - 45
   Vit - 43
   Mag - 9
   Spr - 37
   Dex - 8
   Luck - 12

Tifa
   Str - 47
   Vit - 12
   Mag - 23
   Spr - 18
   Dex - 42
   Luck - 9

Aerith
   Str - 22
   Vit - 11
   Mag - 47
   Spr - 22
   Dex - 32
   Luck - 25

Red XIII
   Str - 35
   Vit - 27
   Mag - 32
   Spr - 25
   Dex - 35
   Luck - 12

Yuffie
   Str - 37
   Vit - 8
   Mag - 38
   Spr - 11
   Dex - 50
   Luck - 12

Vincent
   Str - 42
   Vit - 41
   Mag - 40
   Spr - 39
   Dex - 38
   Luck - 29

Cid
   Str - 50
   Vit - 34
   Mag - 12
   Spr - 10
   Dex - 11
   Luck - 90

For some reason I am missing Cait Sith (Admittedly, I don't use him very much either)

For the rank up options, I do have those as well on my PC at home and I can edit this post for you and include it. Each character has 5 rank up options you can select from for the builds for a maximum of 8 total ranks...I believe one of the readme's that Sega Chief has out only indicates 4 of them and some of those values may be off now after a few changes.

I should be home from work around 3 pm MST so I'll try and get you the info before Monster Hunter World: Iceborne continues to suck my soul haha.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-16 23:45:00 by Karsh Highwind »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: 2019-09-16 21:43:14 »
Hi all I caught the flu so will be out for couple days. Will pick up peoples posts when I'm a bit better

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: 2019-09-16 23:02:15 »
Oh, bummer Chief :(

Get well soon!

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: 2019-09-16 23:52:22 »
Hey Sega Chief, sorry you've been feeling under the weather. Best wishes, man.
I've been having  a lot of fun with the mod, though I'm a little stuck on something.

The only hint we get for the piano in shinra mansion is "melody". Are we supposed to play tifa's theme? I tried that but whenever I press [switch] (insert or X in the xbone controller) the text box temporarily closes and reopens and a cancel sound plays instead of the aproppiate sound.
I haven't been able to play it in her piano either. [switch] works fine and the melody is the same one as I remember but there is no recognition of playing it right (the one gil you got at this point in the vanilla game). Is there some hint I'm missing. Was the melody changed? Or am I doing something wrong? (it's my first time playing ff7 pc)
BTW the Tifa melody i found online was: [C] [Insert] [V] ([Page Up]+[V]) ([Page Up]+[Insert]) [C] [Insert] [V] ([Page Up]+[C]) [X] [C] [Insert] [C]

calamitycain

• View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: 2019-09-18 08:26:42 »
Hello, on "Disc 3" of the Steam Version here, and finally taking on my party's final limit break sidequests. Which are great, but the game isn't terribly clear on all of them.

Right now I'm stuck on Cid's sidequest. I visited the Tiny Bronco, and the mechanic made allusions to needing something Shin-Ra made, and mentioned Wall Market.

Well I went to Wall Market and scoured it. It's possible I missed something but I know I checked every place anything Shin-Ra or mechanical could be.

Furthermore when I search playthroughs of this mod, this doesn't match my playthrough at all: when the party returns to Cid's house, there is no discussion about the Tiny Bronco - instead they meet Cid's protoge and fight his creations? The playthroughs also show Tifa as party leader, making me believe I could have pursued everyone's final limit breaks before regaining Cloud - an option that was not made available to me. The "New Threat" guy on the Highwind's bridge didn't become available until I hit the Northern Cave after defeating Hojo. So far I've gotten Barret's and Red XIII's without issue (unless you count the pain and humiliation of multiple defeats haha) and have located but not yet beaten Vincent's and Yuffie's.

TL;DR So here's my questions:

1) Has the quest for Cid's final limit changed in this most recent version of the mod? Because let's plays of the mod seem to indicate that. Unless...

2) Is there a bug where the little twerp doesn't appear in Cid's house like he's supposed to? Or...

3) Am I just missing the next part of the quest due to my ignorance? I checked everywhere with Cid in my party.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: 2019-09-18 18:54:33 »
Hello, on "Disc 3" of the Steam Version here, and finally taking on my party's final limit break sidequests. Which are great, but the game isn't terribly clear on all of them.

Right now I'm stuck on Cid's sidequest. I visited the Tiny Bronco, and the mechanic made allusions to needing something Shin-Ra made, and mentioned Wall Market.

Well I went to Wall Market and scoured it. It's possible I missed something but I know I checked every place anything Shin-Ra or mechanical could be.

Furthermore when I search playthroughs of this mod, this doesn't match my playthrough at all: when the party returns to Cid's house, there is no discussion about the Tiny Bronco - instead they meet Cid's protoge and fight his creations? The playthroughs also show Tifa as party leader, making me believe I could have pursued everyone's final limit breaks before regaining Cloud - an option that was not made available to me. The "New Threat" guy on the Highwind's bridge didn't become available until I hit the Northern Cave after defeating Hojo. So far I've gotten Barret's and Red XIII's without issue (unless you count the pain and humiliation of multiple defeats haha) and have located but not yet beaten Vincent's and Yuffie's.

TL;DR So here's my questions:

1) Has the quest for Cid's final limit changed in this most recent version of the mod? Because let's plays of the mod seem to indicate that. Unless...

2) Is there a bug where the little twerp doesn't appear in Cid's house like he's supposed to? Or...

3) Am I just missing the next part of the quest due to my ignorance? I checked everywhere with Cid in my party.
In NT V1.5
Try this: Put Cid as your Leader  in the party, and go to wall Market ,to the Machine Gun Room.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8565 on: 2019-09-18 19:20:07 »
Hey Sega Chief, sorry you've been feeling under the weather. Best wishes, man.
I've been having  a lot of fun with the mod, though I'm a little stuck on something.

The only hint we get for the piano in shinra mansion is "melody". Are we supposed to play tifa's theme? I tried that but whenever I press [switch] (insert or X in the xbone controller) the text box temporarily closes and reopens and a cancel sound plays instead of the aproppiate sound.
I haven't been able to play it in her piano either. [switch] works fine and the melody is the same one as I remember but there is no recognition of playing it right (the one gil you got at this point in the vanilla game). Is there some hint I'm missing. Was the melody changed? Or am I doing something wrong? (it's my first time playing ff7 pc)
BTW the Tifa melody i found online was: [C] [Insert] [V] ([Page Up]+[V]) ([Page Up]+[Insert]) [C] [Insert] [V] ([Page Up]+[C]) [X] [C] [Insert] [C]

The melody is the same dont worry for that sound or the text box blinking.Maybe you have other  keyboard config.

Notes:
Do, Re, Mi, Ti, La, Do, Re, Mi, So, Fa, Do, Re, Do

Cancel, Switch, Menu, Pgup+Menu, Pgup+Switch, Cancel, Switch, Menu, Pgup+Cancel, OK, Cancel, Switch, Cancel

calamitycain

• View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: 2019-09-18 20:10:04 »
In NT V1.5
Try this: Put Cid as your Leader  in the party, and go to wall Market ,to the Machine Gun Room.

Okay thanks. How do I change leaders? I've read that I have to go into the Northern Cave to do that (haven't tried it yet), but I've also ready that you go to the Operations room in the Highwind, which I've tried, but the guy there just acts as a save point (PHS/Save/Restore HP/MP).

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: 2019-09-18 21:10:52 »
Thanks for the help, but still not getting results.
Tried it again, tried with keyboard and joystick, tried changing the key configuration, nothing seems to matter. Besides switch, Pgup+menu also seems to trigger the blinking, pgup+switch, doesn't, though...
https://youtu.be/gOZzJHmMawc

BTW: I'm using the steam version and no other mods.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-18 21:27:49 by nirwanda »

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: 2019-09-18 22:11:23 »
I don't have the initial stats on hand at the moment as I am at work, but I can pull those numbers for you when I get home.

-) Character Base Stats

Cloud
   Str - 43
   Vit - 28
   Mag - 27
   Spr - 32
   Dex - 16
   Luck - 14

Barret
   Str - 45
   Vit - 43
   Mag - 9
   Spr - 37
   Dex - 8
   Luck - 12

Tifa
   Str - 47
   Vit - 12
   Mag - 23
   Spr - 18
   Dex - 42
   Luck - 9

Aerith
   Str - 22
   Vit - 11
   Mag - 47
   Spr - 22
   Dex - 32
   Luck - 25

Red XIII
   Str - 35
   Vit - 27
   Mag - 32
   Spr - 25
   Dex - 35
   Luck - 12

Yuffie
   Str - 37
   Vit - 8
   Mag - 38
   Spr - 11
   Dex - 50
   Luck - 12

Vincent
   Str - 42
   Vit - 41
   Mag - 40
   Spr - 39
   Dex - 38
   Luck - 29

Cid
   Str - 50
   Vit - 34
   Mag - 12
   Spr - 10
   Dex - 11
   Luck - 90

For some reason I am missing Cait Sith (Admittedly, I don't use him very much either)

For the rank up options, I do have those as well on my PC at home and I can edit this post for you and include it. Each character has 5 rank up options you can select from for the builds for a maximum of 8 total ranks...I believe one of the readme's that Sega Chief has out only indicates 4 of them and some of those values may be off now after a few changes.

I should be home from work around 3 pm MST so I'll try and get you the info before Monster Hunter World: Iceborne continues to suck my soul haha.
Hey thanks.

And sorry to hear that Sega, feel better soon.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-18 22:17:17 by Fauve »

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: 2019-09-19 00:12:22 »
Sorry to hear you got sick Sega Chief, hope you get better soon.

Also a quick question for when you rejoin the forums: Any idea when there will be a new version of the vanilla combat mode? I am really looking forward to that one.

Anyway, best wishes, hope to see you back soon.

calamitycain

• View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: 2019-09-19 17:26:49 »
In NT V1.5

Ah, figured it out by braving the Northern Crater finally. I figured I could nab all the limits without touching the Crater, given that the New Threat dude was there already. Besides, New Threat taught me not to underestimate new zones. haha Thanks again.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: 2019-09-19 17:41:38 »
Okay thanks. How do I change leaders? I've read that I have to go into the Northern Cave to do that (haven't tried it yet), but I've also ready that you go to the Operations room in the Highwind, which I've tried, but the guy there just acts as a save point (PHS/Save/Restore HP/MP).
In that room ,to the right ,must be another guy .If not,try to go to the bottom of the Northern Cave and check again

Thanks for the help, but still not getting results.
Tried it again, tried with keyboard and joystick, tried changing the key configuration, nothing seems to matter. Besides switch, Pgup+menu also seems to trigger the blinking, pgup+switch, doesn't, though...
https://youtu.be/gOZzJHmMawc

BTW: I'm using the steam version and no other mods.
Its strange,in that video, i only hear 11 sounds and there are 13. Check every note.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-19 17:45:03 by markul »

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: 2019-09-19 19:56:59 »
Yeah. i didn't play it right that time i recorded..oops! But I have played it several times the right way when trying. here isa new recording https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q32fl911E8&feature=youtu.be

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: 2019-09-20 07:44:48 »
Yeah. i didn't play it right that time i recorded..oops! But I have played it several times the right way when trying. here isa new recording https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q32fl911E8&feature=youtu.be
:/    \:    I dont know .Maybe you already activate the Shinra piano and didnt notice?
Try to go to the Nibel Reactor
. Or ,if you want,u can put here your savefile to check it for myself :/

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: 2019-09-20 10:09:30 »
Lol, no I didn't activate it.
If you want to go the extra mile to help me and check the save game.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6c4ekic1flohgw/FINAL%20FANTASY%20VII%20Steam.rar?dl=1
Thanks a lot again, you're a amazing