Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496935 times)

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #650 on: 2018-10-10 21:36:04 »
Geeze that looks so good. Really good job!

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #651 on: 2018-10-10 23:47:01 »
Spectacular, great job indeed!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #652 on: 2018-10-11 15:27:40 »
Great, resembling the original retro style pretty well!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2018-10-18 09:54:50 »
I finished my work on Vincent. Here you can get the models:
https://mega.nz/#!aA9GEQrJ!036DVp_00iOsMJxsgYOXYazJZ5ULgrqJrsIQ-dxkhUI

I will update my mod on Steam soon, but then I need a break.

albedo2343

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2018-10-27 06:18:50 »
sorry if this has been asked b4, but do u put ur updates on the 7H catolog, or do i have to download it directly from here?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2018-10-27 18:41:05 »
I haven't update my ChaOS for 7H long time. But I prepared my Steam release for 7H, so you could put the folder into 7H mods folder. But it's not specially made for 7H, but an update is on the way.

albedo2343

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2018-10-27 21:43:30 »
ic, so would i still follow the instructions for ur steam release, and put the 0_LGP_Out files into the 7th heaven folder?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2018-11-19 20:58:15 »

I have reworked the ShinRa manager. My plan is to release an update on 24.12.2018. Though, if the Reunion would be released before that than I guess you can use them before this date.

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2018-11-28 11:05:55 »
Those finished models look sublime Kal. Aside from finishing Hojo, who's next up on your list?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2018-11-29 04:16:06 »
Well, Hojo is already finished. I currently go through all ShinRa-HQ-NPC. Though I don't update the Turks and Rufus yet, because they are in an acceptable state. But I review them in the next year. The male models in the HQ are done the next are two female models, this however has brought me back to Tifa because I needed her face for a model. But her face of her battle model is a bit too lowpoly that's why I improved it in Blender. Anyway we are on a good way. And once I'm done with the two female models I make a few extra models to increase a bit more immersion by diversity.

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2018-11-29 21:30:49 »
More diversity is usually a plus. Looking forward to them.

EDIT: Watching a recent playthrough of the with your mod and I have a request - during the opening of the first flashback, both the Shinra MP on the left and Sephiroth seem oddly positioned in relation to the platforms they're sitting on. It looks more like they're floating beside/over them rather than sitting on them (example here). Would it be too much work to slightly reposition them?
« Last Edit: 2019-01-17 20:37:34 by Matski »

Granfalloon

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2019-01-30 06:26:12 »
Heya, great job with the models I'm enjoying them a bunch!
Just have some questions though; I noticed that there are a few versions of this mod? I was using old versions of the Field Models - Main Characters, NPC, aswell as the Objects and Animation mods that don't fall under your ChaOS mod but include a lot of your work and they seemed to work but I updated them using the catalog and they broke and don't load in game anymore so I searched around and found ChaOS. Tried downloading that through the catalog and it seems more or less the same  thing except it doesn't include the new Field Objects and the only one I have doesn't work :( Any advice? Also, using the latest ChaOS I noticed a good chunk of Tifa's right arm is missing.

Granfalloon

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2019-01-30 08:42:40 »
Okay, I found out that turning direct = on in the .cfg file fixes the field objects not loading in. Then the only issue I had was Tifa's arm which I fixed by putting the Field Models - Main Characters after the ChaOS base mod.
Then, I wanted the original Buster Sword on Cloud's back and it didn't look like ChaOS Cloud would let me have it so I subbed it for Dynamic Weapons and it worked! Seems like I got my perfect loadout, just hope I don't get terrible incompatibility issues later on...

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2019-01-30 08:55:16 »
I'll update ChaOS within the next days. There is a good bunch of changes, updates and fixes.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2019-02-01 10:18:27 »

Granfalloon

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2019-02-04 08:54:15 »
Tried the .iro packing method and seems to work great in 7H. Something I hope might've been fixed is some animation glitches I saw that persisted from the last version of ChaOS to this one;

Both in this scene where Reno chases after Cloud and Aerith and slightly before when Barret, Tifa and CLoud have to press the door lock buttons simultaneously, Reno and Barret have animation glitches. Barret's is less noticeable, he has broken ankles but Reno's running animation is completely screwed here lol. Is this a well known glitch or something on my end?

Great stuff anywho, thanks for all your hard work :D I love the new models and animations.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2019-02-04 15:17:26 »
Tried the .iro packing method and seems to work great in 7H. Something I hope might've been fixed is some animation glitches I saw that persisted from the last version of ChaOS to this one;

Both in this scene where Reno chases after Cloud and Aerith and slightly before when Barret, Tifa and CLoud have to press the door lock buttons simultaneously, Reno and Barret have animation glitches. Barret's is less noticeable, he has broken ankles but Reno's running animation is completely screwed here lol. Is this a well known glitch or something on my end?

Great stuff anywho, thanks for all your hard work :D I love the new models and animations.

I was playing earlier this week with the last version of Chaos and Reno was fine at the church and when the Sector 7 was squished. The other day I upgraded Chaos and when I got to Gongaga, Reno was doing this same contortionist routine.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2019-02-05 04:35:28 »
I guess I know what's happening. Reno has a few different models one of those has an extra bone for his ponytail and I probably have replaced all models with the extra bone. That should be easy to fix.

Edit:
I have reorganized Reno.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-05 09:48:17 by Kaldarasha »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2019-02-05 09:49:22 »
BTW. Do you guys play with or without R05c?

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2019-02-05 15:26:32 »
I don't use Reunion.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2019-02-06 01:35:48 »
Then I have to ask Dan if he has updated the model in these scenes to use the other skeleton or else reunion user will now see that bug. I have updated the mod by the way with a fix for Reno.

Granfalloon

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2019-02-07 05:34:16 »
I play with both R03 and R05 but don't use the character models the installer provides just fyi.

Lorde-Kowz

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2019-02-13 17:12:51 »
Hey Kaldarasha~ Love your mod. Been enjoying my new play through with it. Just a little fyi. My game has crashed a few times, and I'm not completely sure if it's your mod, but it's usually solved by deactivating ChaOS. These are the moments the game has crashed for me:
-During a flashback at Aeris' house, when Cloud remembers his mother.
-When I tried to go inside the Honey Bee Inn with the member card.
-Before fighting Bottomswell (boss fight before the CPR mini-game)
-Before Dolphin jump.
-Multiple times in the city of the ancients.
-After Jenova fight in the Forgotten Capital.
-Mountain climbing section in Gaeas cliff.
-When I healed the party by drinking from the healing pool right before the Shizo boss battle.
-After the FMV that shows the WEAPONS for the first time, when it's just Cloud in a black screen.
-After Tifa and Cloud fall in the Lifestream, there's a Scene with Tifa by herself in a black screen. It crashed at the end. It seems it might've crashed because the next scene has multiple Cloud models, and/or because of the transparent Cloud model.
-When reaching The Sunken Gelnika.
Battle
-Using Cid's Hyper Jump limit.

Oh and these are some other mods that I have installed.
-Remako HD Graphics
-Avalanche Arisen Battle Textures
-Battle model: weapons, enemies, Field model: objects, World models: vehicles, enemies, and Spell textures. I DL all of these directly from 7H.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-18 05:06:20 by Lorde-Kowz »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2019-02-20 00:14:39 »
I can't reproduce the bug, but I found another major issue.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2019-02-21 00:02:19 »
@Lord-Kowz
Do you have enabled the direct mode by any chance. I made the experience that 7H, ChaOS and the Reunion patched files doesn't like each other when it's enabled.