Author Topic: Something interesting...  (Read 5799 times)

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Something interesting...
« on: 2005-01-11 10:24:24 »
I just updated all my FF7 proggies (you guys have been busy while I've been gone... ;) ) and I started looking through all the models in the field.lgp, when I came across something interesting.

I dunno if anyone's mentioned this before, but have you guys noticed the HQ Cloud and Jesse models in there? It's only those two, but they're definatly the quality of the battle models... (And this is from a fresh install of the game...)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Something interesting...
« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-11 12:02:17 »
Beeen over to death, those are the field models when they are standing infront of the moniter, on the train, at the beginning of the second msiison.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Something interesting...
« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-11 13:51:21 »
You sure? I don't recall those being of any particular high quality... Could of course be wrong.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Something interesting...
« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-11 19:14:36 »
Qhimm is right. They weren't used. Plus, if they only had that one purpose, then why did they model the legs and feet?

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
Something interesting...
« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-11 21:33:11 »
Hmm, I wouldn't mind taking a gander at those. What are the names of the files in the .lgp? Yes, I'm a lazy moe, but one with not a lot of time to spare for searching endlessly through .lgp files ;)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Something interesting...
« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-12 00:05:38 »
My, what short memories you guys have.

Someone already made a patch which makes the game use the higher-res Cloud and Jessie.  In fact, "high poly" Clouds hands were the ones that were used in Svethron's hand Patch.

I cant be arsed to do a search for the thread/link though.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
Something interesting...
« Reply #6 on: 2005-01-12 07:37:48 »
Quote from: Radiosity
Hmm, I wouldn't mind taking a gander at those. What are the names of the files in the .lgp? Yes, I'm a lazy moe, but one with not a lot of time to spare for searching endlessly through .lgp files ;)

I've forgotten, but using Ifalna, it's about halfway down the list or so.

Synergy Blades

Something interesting...
« Reply #7 on: 2005-01-12 07:54:43 »
I think they're clgd and cmde in Ifalna.

Cyberman

• View Profile
Something interesting...
« Reply #8 on: 2005-01-12 16:21:34 »
I believe the speculation has been that square was planing on low and high rez versions of the field models and this was left over data.  FF7 is actually incomplete (there is a thread discusing this in detail somewhere).  That being said those models AREN'T in the PSX version of FF7 at all, and it was released first.  I believe the porters recieved whatever data square had at the time and it got dumped in because they were in a hurry to port the models FAST.

The whole thing is in sordid detail somewhere :)

Cyb

Something interesting...
« Reply #9 on: 2005-02-03 05:56:53 »
Gack!

Ok, I'm the guy who made the hand patch. Yes it uses the hands from the higher-res Cloud field model. The two "higher-rez" (really just more realistically proportioned) models in question are:
clgd.hrc //Cloud
animations used by the game:
aaff.a
cmda.a
cmdb.a
cmdc.a
cmdd.a

cmde.hrc //Jessie's upper torso, minus forearms+hands
animations used by the game:
cmhb.a
cmhc.a
cmhd.a
cmhe.a

halkun is correct. Both *do* appear in the game, in one scene: rootmap (the scene where Jessie shows Cloud the map of the subway system.)

::puff::
There. If anyone wants a 50MB HTML presentation explaining all this, let me know. Any other questions?