Author Topic: Can't get 7th Heaven to start 1st time  (Read 2496 times)

gotpwnage520

• View Profile
Can't get 7th Heaven to start 1st time
« on: 2015-12-16 09:14:55 »
I am going along the setup tutorial word for word, running the Steam version of FFVII btw, and i get to the step where I am supposed to run 7th Heaven. It doesn't work for some reason. it gives me this and tells me to report to the forums so here I am:

System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 47
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have no idea what any of this means but if any of you do, help would be much appreciated. Also, when i watch the video tutorial, it gets to the part where I am supposed to run the converter. When I do, I hit enter like shown in the video but I don't get the additional text after that step like shown in the video at 1:28. The converter just closes on its own.

EDIT*** I was able to get the converter to work properly, but 7th Heaven still won't open

There's a "Modify" button at the top right of your messages if you need to edit something in your original post ~Vgr
« Last Edit: 2015-12-16 12:56:04 by Vgr »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get 7th Heaven to start 1st time
« Reply #1 on: 2015-12-17 17:22:41 »
One of your settings is invalid.

I will fix the next version of 7H to report this better. For now, if you go to the folder %APPDATA%\7thWorkshop and delete settings.xml you should be able to start 7H and set things up again.