Author Topic: Is this technically cheating..?  (Read 4849 times)

Yazoo

• View Profile
Is this technically cheating..?
« on: 2005-07-29 06:39:55 »
ff7:Getting all the limit breaks up to 3/2 early on during the Mythril cave before junon?  All the characters (except caith,vince,and cid) can get their limits p to 3/2 so early in the game..what ya'll think about that?

ff8:Getting the lionheart weapon before the first mission at timber..how bout that?

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-29 09:26:49 »
Its not cheating if you do it honestly.

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
« Reply #2 on: 2005-07-29 17:13:06 »
If you're prepared to put in the time and effort doing that then I don't see why you shouldn't be rewarded for it.

neocui

« Reply #3 on: 2005-07-31 03:46:38 »
Lionheart before Timber??

How did you get your hands on the Dragon Fangs before fighting Grendels in the forest between Timber and Galbadia Garden, or a Admantine before you got the Minotaur Card from the Tomb of the Unknown King?

Enlighten me.

Yazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-07-31 06:54:33 »
err...my mistake..i havent played ff8 in 3 years..i thought it was before the timber mission. All i remember was that it had to deal with cards..but yea you need the dragon fangs and when you fight the grendels you cant be past lv20(i think) for them to drop dragon fangs..and yep, you do need the minotaur card for the adamantine.

CKtalon

• View Profile
    • http://www.ffrc.cjb.net
« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-08 10:52:30 »
The earliest possible time IIRC is right after Timber, before going to Galbadia Garden.
Adamantine can be obtained by walking all the way to the Dollet Beach from Galbadia's 'train station'
Laser Cannons from the Laguna flashback from Elastoids (to refine to Pulse Ammo)
Dragon Fangs aren't that hard to get IIRC..Grendels in the Galbadia forest (that u have to past through, and the place u have Laguna's dream) drop them

Veclord

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-11 01:17:25 »
In my mind accomplishing something without a Gameshark (etc.) or inputting a code of some kind is just plain  skill. There's a difference between cheating, and taking a shortcut using a resource the game had already given you.

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-08-11 22:34:51 »
You might be able to do it with the card ability, but I don't think you would have the magazine to learn how to do it.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #8 on: 2005-08-14 19:59:50 »
Quote from: Veclord
In my mind accomplishing something without a Gameshark (etc.) or inputting a code of some kind is just plain  skill. There's a difference between cheating, and taking a shortcut using a resource the game had already given you.

Ok.. you have a good point.. I'll give you that.. But.. In a game.. there are sometimes bugs or quirks that make the game perform in ways it wasn't supposed to perform.

as an example.. Say that if you perform an attack on a villain while using a potion on someone else and you become invincible.. That would be a game bug.. A really big one.. lol .. anyway.. this is a wild example, but knowing that bug is there.. the exploitation of it could be considered cheating because that wasnt the way the game was meant to be played.. Then again.. a bug is a bug, and the topic of such a thing is quite arguable from both sides as fair play and or cheating.

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-08-15 15:04:11 »
Quote from: sfx1999
You might be able to do it with the card ability, but I don't think you would have the magazine to learn how to do it.

It doesnt matter, as longs as you have the parts they will let you make it, the magazine is just to tell you what parts to collect.