Author Topic: Help installing the nightmare mod  (Read 3312 times)

KittyJaws

• Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
Help installing the nightmare mod
« on: 2018-08-02 05:37:39 »
So i believe i found the nightmare mod core files on https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9SObtzlUtB2NmZ5RWhXdnZ3dnM/view  ;D
and i have no idea how to install this on 7th heaven or straight on the steam ff7.  >:(
also i cannot launch it straight from the ff7.exe because it "please insert ff7 disc 1,2, or 3"  :-P

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
Re: Help installing the nightmare mod
« Reply #1 on: 2018-08-02 20:35:01 »
I think all you will need to do here is run the game converter, back up your ff7.exe and data folder. then place the new data and direct folders from the mod in the ff7 directory and overwrite. Then just launch 7th heaven, activate any texture/music/movie mods you want to use then launch. Havent used bootleg in years so im unsure what all the ficedula and bootleg folder files are supposed to do, but i dont see an flevel anywhere in the download so the changes you get are going to be in battle only.

KittyJaws

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-08-02 20:36:03 »
ok so i think it needs tifa's bootleg, but

"Will this work with Intel HD Graphics? No, they don't support enough video RAM. There will be frequent crashing and/or freezing throughout the game."

is there anyway to use it on 7th heaven?

KittyJaws

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-08-02 20:36:44 »
o u replyed before i posted thx

KittyJaws

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-08-12 21:43:28 »

(sega cheif quote)
Alright, so start by getting the R02 Reunion mod and running it. Only select the Menu Overhaul (deselect everything else). This'll move all your data folder files + .exe into a back-up folder inside the FF7 folder (get rid of these if you have back-ups already, but maybe keep the .exe if you don't have another copy).

Now you need a Hardcore mod battle.lgp. Grab that and replace the one in your data folder with it. While you're at it, put the Nightmare scene, kernel, and flevel.lgp files in as well (note that you need the full flevel; the 'slim' flevel is more of a placeholder than anything else). You'll also need the Nightmare .exe. Get that stuff from the links on the Qhimm thread.

Now we need to add some files to the char.lgp. Download the Aeris Revival mod and it'll come with some loose char.lgp files. Decompile a char.lgp and stick the new files inside, then recompile it. You'll need ULGP for this.

Last things aren't strictly necessary; the title screens, custom music, etc. Download + place them in the necessary folders if you want them. If you don't put the custom OST in then the wrong music plays in certain places, making for some odd scenes according to the mod author (but I play with no music).

i have no idea how to do any of this.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-14 19:21:21 by KittyJaws »

KittyJaws

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-08-15 00:59:59 »
AH i got it workin. too bad the text is weirdly spaced and the timer for the boss fight is 10 minutes instead of the 30 minute timer i see on you tube videos.