Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 504573 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #250 on: 2007-10-22 17:24:33 »
Sorry ARMs, but I think there is no such an editor. And the reason is that, due to the way the game reads the data, it seems quiet unlikely that it will accept any externally created contents. I supose it won't be that problematic if you simply change a few values on a file I know, but I never tried.
By the way, battle model animations (not the models themsevles)  seem to share the same format in the PC version and the PSX version. I don't have a clue how weapon models work though. I've heard they have their own animations but I don't know where they are.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2007-12-01 01:49:31 »
why not just attach the weapon to one of the hands

Borde kimeras looking good and as always i can't wait for the next release, with luck it may have a working battle animation editor well i can only hope anyway

If i had a super power it would be to fly cause then i could hunt down all those who agrivate me on the internet

p.s your links dont seem to be working anymore
« Last Edit: 2007-12-07 08:15:35 by Zack Fair »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2007-12-26 23:24:55 »
Yes, all my links are long tim dead, sorry. I've added the link to the last version provided by ice_cold513 to the first post.

Gigo XXIII

« Reply #253 on: 2008-04-15 00:08:55 »
Excuse me but how do I get around/solve the problem that comes up with the file it keeps saying this.

can't locate MSSTDFMT.DLL

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2008-05-03 05:14:48 »
since this file is in  RAR form and i am a noob, how do i open it to be used?
« Last Edit: 2008-05-03 05:47:44 by Xelane »

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2008-05-03 08:04:46 »
since this file is in  RAR form and i am a noob, how do i open it to be used?

Since what you wrote is fairly vague, wouldn't that be a simple case of opening it up with winrar, then extracting it?  :wink:

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2008-05-03 18:26:33 »
Lol yea that will probably do it, what I meant to say was that the kimera that I downloaded came in a RAR file and I don't think I have winRAR

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2008-05-03 21:47:16 »
Excuse me but how do I get around/solve the problem that comes up with the file it keeps saying this.

can't locate MSSTDFMT.DLL

search for that .dll on the internet and add that with the regsvr32.exe trick ^^.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2008-06-29 19:44:21 »
mine works but i want to swap cloud for tifa but they dont have the rite amount of bones and i looked at scorpicus's tutorial and i still could't do it could't u like make it poisible to change bones from the kimera program

for about free mounths mine sed  COMDLG32.OCX or one of its components is missing even tho i had it then one day
i accidently clicked on it and it worked lol!

TonightsLastSong

« Reply #259 on: 2008-07-01 06:22:49 »
hey, i wanted to drop in and say that this is an awesome project.  thanks for all of the time all of you have put into collectively debugging it!

I saw this request back on page 5 or something (i read them all, but i can't remember which one it was) about which files (rough range) contain each of the characters' parts.

I found this link a while back, and its been super helpful.  combined with Kimera, I feel like I can pretty much do anything :D  It's an outline of what all the parts map to.

http://www.alhexx.com/documents/other/battle_database.txt
« Last Edit: 2008-07-01 11:48:47 by TonightsLastSong »

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2008-07-18 06:33:14 »
Okay, I know I'm like the billionth person to ask this, but.... I clicke the link, saved it under my Final Fantasy VII stuff, and double clicked it after it saved. It won;t load up or anything, and it asks me what program i want to run it in. It migh tbe my computer, it a ME 2000 windows.
Thanks

TonightsLastSong

« Reply #261 on: 2008-07-18 15:24:46 »
Okay, I know I'm like the billionth person to ask this, but.... I clicke the link, saved it under my Final Fantasy VII stuff, and double clicked it after it saved. It won;t load up or anything, and it asks me what program i want to run it in. It migh tbe my computer, it a ME 2000 windows.
Thanks

If I remember right, the file is in a '.rar' format, which is NOT built into Windows (doesn't matter if you've got win95 or Vista Ultimate).  It's an archive type, like a '.zip'

so download a program that can handle rar files... i'd recommend 7zip, personally.  there's one called Winrar, but I hate the way that it bugs me all the time to register it (like the ol' Winzip did).

so get 7zip and then make sure in its settings that you have it set to handle rar files.  You should be cooking with gas after that.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2008-07-18 17:55:34 »
Okay, thanks I found that, and got it to install. Now, the only problem is, is that I don't know what to do next to get Kmera Running. It tells me that I am missing a file, component "comdlg32.ocx", or that it is invalid. How do i fix this?
P.S. thanks for the help dude.

TonightsLastSong

« Reply #263 on: 2008-07-18 18:02:53 »
Okay, thanks I found that, and got it to install. Now, the only problem is, is that I don't know what to do next to get Kmera Running. It tells me that I am missing a file, component "comdlg32.ocx", or that it is invalid. How do i fix this?
P.S. thanks for the help dude.

mmmm... you might be in the relm of dll hunting now.  I had no problems when I installed on XP.  It up-and-ran without any issues.  usually these sorts of things are found in the windows/system32 folder.  usually google-searching a filename like that will return a page that you can download new versions of it.  (i'd make sure it's indeed the system32 folder you need to paste it into, since i guess it could be just the "system" folder, or even "windows" folder.  A website with info on that particular file would likely tell you which folder its supposed to be found in.)

Good luck!  You may have to find a few of those dll/ocx files.  Just keep googleing each one until you have them all.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2008-11-02 00:55:38 »
i now know where i went wrong i have windows vista and i had to run it as administrator for it to work.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2008-11-19 23:13:12 »
i was wondering if anyone had a copy of kimeria's Source code

riryoku

• Aim: All Girl FF7
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2008-12-14 23:57:28 »
Hmm.. I read through the pages for ver. 0.84 and no one else mentioned this but I can't add any parts to my bones. I'm trying to replace Field Cloud with Field Aerith and I've been following Scopicus' tutorial but it just won't let me add Aeris's ponytail to the back of her head. This a bug? I followed the guide exactly so I don't think it's something I've done, though it's always possible.

Edit: Ok, I found the ver. 0.83b earlier in the thread and tried adding the part to the bone in that but still nothing. The only thing that happens is my model is turned upside down... Not a glitch then, sorry about that. Though can anyone point me to where I may be going wrong? I did follow the guide exactly....
« Last Edit: 2008-12-15 00:34:44 by riryoku »

TLStriker

« Reply #267 on: 2009-04-29 13:52:30 »
The link seems to be dead.  >_>

Where else can I get this from?

EDIT: Yay!  Filefront's working again!
« Last Edit: 2009-04-30 18:49:35 by TLStriker »

« Reply #268 on: 2009-05-28 01:01:12 »
Okay first of all I apologize for performing "necromancy" and reviving this old topic.... but it just i cant get it to work on my PC... :(... and i want to start character modeling and start doing things on this forum..

Okay here is my problem I click on the Kimera(084b) icon and.......

Kimera 081

Run Time error '713'

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine
msstdfmt.dll

Where do i find or get this file?????

Thank you,
Broken Crow

P.S. and again i apologize for reviving an old topic....

*edit* okay never mind about where the finding it part.. I should have read the board more thoroughly sorry.......... but how do i put it in my PC???????? i have it downloaded but????regsvr32.exe doesn't work for me :(

I get this....

To register a module, you must provide a binary name.

Usage: regsvr32 [/u] [/s] [/i[:cmdline]] dllname
/u-unregistered server
/s-silent; display no message boxes
/i- Call DllInstall passing it an optional [cmdline]
when used with /u calls dll uninstall
/n- do not call DllRegisterServer; this option must be used with /i

this is what i get when i try to open the  regsvr32.exe.

please help...

Thank you,
BrokenCrow

« Last Edit: 2009-05-28 01:17:45 by BrokenCrowe »

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009-06-05 04:57:56 »
All the links are dead if someone knows where i can find it please telle me

Great Sephiroth

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009-06-07 01:01:19 »
I second that. 

« Reply #271 on: 2009-06-07 01:03:47 »
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uz3myzazemz

For all those who want Kimera I uploaded it myself..... I hope you didn't mind Borde. :D

well here you are....

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uz3myzazemz

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009-06-07 01:22:44 »
THANKS!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009-06-07 01:39:25 »
doesnt seem to work with vista x64?

« Reply #274 on: 2009-06-07 01:49:37 »
run it incompatibility mode ... that's how i got it to work . And be sure to run it as administrator.