Author Topic: FFVIIPC MDef bug fix  (Read 8421 times)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
FFVIIPC MDef bug fix
« on: 2009-01-18 17:31:28 »
After being inspired by Gemini's PSX fix, I have created a fix for the 1.02 version of FFVIIPC.

http://www.mediafire.com/?omijzegnczt - patch
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5681/ff7sprfixaz3.png - screenshot

This is a YAMP patch so that is required.
Credit goes to Gemini for inspiration, dziugo for making this into a YAMP patch, and me for writing the code.

I got dziugo's name wrong in the first upload. Sorry 'bout that, I thought I checked it. It's a pet-peeve for me too so I understand. :) The one up now is correct.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-31 03:11:13 by NFITC1 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FFVIIPC MDef bug fix
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-18 18:05:19 »
Finally got this working (turns out that I needed to delete the other patches from the patches folder to stop YAMP making an empty ff7.exe file).

Excellent. My thanks to all those involved, I'm now off to delete the spirit bonus from my armour...

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-18 20:19:31 »
Finally got this working (turns out that I needed to delete the other patches from the patches folder to stop YAMP making an empty ff7.exe file).

Excellent. My thanks to all those involved, I'm now off to delete the spirit bonus from my armour...

It occurs to me now that I have to update WM's readme with the fix for this bug. Good news after all this is now that I know where the attacks are stored, maybe I can find out what happens to that pesky 0002h flag that I can't identify.

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-19 20:28:18 »
Good Job to all... I was hoping someone would do it sooner or later...

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-02-02 03:01:17 »
NFITC1,
After writing Wall Market, by any chance have you located where the animation index table is located for all the different attacks? And if so, are there extra index values that could be used?
« Last Edit: 2009-02-02 03:02:50 by Tsetra »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2009-02-02 12:19:57 »
NFITC1,
After writing Wall Market, by any chance have you located where the animation index table is located for all the different attacks? And if so, are there extra index values that could be used?

I can tell you several things:
1. This question is more appropriate to be in the WallMarket topic, but oh well
2. Animation index table is NOT in any piece of the kernel. I haven't looked at any other files than the KERNEL.BIN, kernel2.bin, scene.bin and ff7.exe files
3. I can get Heidegger to make me a listing of all the animation indexes used by monsters to see if any of them aren't used.
4. Some of them (particularly summons and limits) are probably in their own category and can't be swapped between them (eg. Howling Moon can't be made to look like Big Guard, Life2, Choco/Mog, etc).
5. When I get this info I'll probably make a new topic about it so everyone knows what it's about (so you know not to check back here :)).