Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836995 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10475 on: 2020-11-11 02:05:44 »
Greetings!

First off, I love your work. I'm having a blast playing it. There's a couple things I'd like to point/ask:

There seems to be an incompatibility issue with 2.0 and Qhimm's spell textures. Whenever I use Nanaki's 'Lunatic howl' the game crashes. It worked without problems on 1.5.

I just beat the 5th foe in Wonder square (I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE) and I wanted to know if there is any use for the key item you get.

Thanks in advance, boss.

Not sure what would cause that incompatibility with Lunatic Howl; the Limit is the same between 1.5 and 2.0.

The Key Item is purely cosmetic, it's just there for collecting.

Yeah, I wouldn't call this game "midcore" anymore.  I spend about 20 minutes to an hour on every boss in the "third disc."  It's getting very time consuming to be honest.  I am always down for a challenge, but some of this is just crazy.  Thanks for a fun mod, but I don't think I'll be putting in the 100+ hours just to beat this.  Mind you, I have beaten all the specific character quests and a few of the other hidden bosses.  But trying to get everything you need to craft the ultimate weapons and whatnot is outrages. 

P.S. not a complaint, but if you ever tone it down a little let me know so I can do the rest of the extras you put in the game lol.

I'm assuming this is 1.5 if the weapon crafting for ultimate weapons is there; 2.0 did a full rebalance and the Disc 3 stuff was scaled against a party that had just arrived on Disc 3 so that might be closer to what you're looking for. The crafting for ultimate weapons was dropped and they're just acquired either from the field (Princess Guard is in a chest at the end of the Ancient Forest for instance) or from bosses (Ultima Weapon from Ultimate Weapon like in Vanilla); the idea was to condense it all down a bit.

Wise_Crack17

• View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: 2020-11-11 03:07:06 »
Spoilers:  I love the crafting and all the awesome stuff you added to the world.  I never would have thought that there would be something new in every town in disc 3 lol.  I just found the sneak gloves in wall marked.  I loved the boss battles for all the chocobo materia, and a lot of the ones for the character events.  I am just struggling with the fights at the gold saucer.  I beat the tyrant and the other boss in the northern crater.  I think I may just find a save editor and boost my stats.  I love the challenges you made, but I only have 2 more days of vacation so I need to wrap this up haha.

Wise_Crack17

• View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: 2020-11-11 06:19:52 »
Actually, I do have one issue now.  When I go into the secret cave, it soft locks while talking to Barrett.  Any ideas?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: 2020-11-11 13:32:05 »
v1.5  I am just struggling with the fights at the gold saucer.  I beat the tyrant and the other boss in the northern crater.  I think I may just find a save editor and boost my stats.  I love the challenges

save editor to boost stats would remove the challenge u love so much :P
you can try MR SMILES deal in 1.5 to make it much easier (althought there is a secret ending for arranged mode without using sp upgrades)

as u've been to the northern crater. u can get some nice steals/drops there, which will make fights a complete breeze at the gold saucer :)  no need to edit ur save file. If need further info  can let me know. PS lvl1 can finished arranged mode for 1.5 :> without using mr smiles. for v2 u can start and finish at lvl7 without sp upgrades too :>

chang17lee

• View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: 2020-11-14 03:53:18 »
any chance anyone can help me on this? is there a way to revive aerith on NT 2.0? I've done this is the past with 1.5 but it doesn't give me any options on the dialogue boxes

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: 2020-11-14 17:15:35 »
Hi! Do you have a list of compatible / recommended mod for playing NW 2.0?
I deactivate a lot of mods to stabilize the game.

I just have NW 2.0 and Fiel Textures from Qhimm Mod.
I tried to activate the Gameplay mod from Qhimm Mod deactivating almost everything in it except "Lucky Tifa" Tweaks but it seems to trigger random error crashing the game so i deactivate it and it seems fine.

Do you know a different way to force the limit of tifa always on "Yeah" without this mod?

Thank you very much, and great job by the way!
« Last Edit: 2020-11-15 09:52:17 by YouffieFanFR »

kellueHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: 2020-11-15 11:32:50 »
Hey i am really stuck with tifa's limit break, i cannot find her level 4 limit break anywhere :S i have played the correct piano tune 5+ times with both cloud and tifa as the party leader (i am on disk 3) however i didnt play the piano in the flashback so i dont know if thats why i cant get her limit break? i also dont receive a letter when the piano is played :(

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: 2020-11-15 18:00:35 »
any chance anyone can help me on this? is there a way to revive aerith on NT 2.0? I've done this is the past with 1.5 but it doesn't give me any options on the dialogue boxes

yes there is a way its been mentioned several times :) check the spoiler tag
Spoiler: show

do not kill the flowergirl in that fight either draain all of her MP or make her beserk. absuse the status effects :)
keeping her alive thou will remove ur ribbon.

alternatively if u would like to super cheese it, use the NPC on the highwind when u get it to revive her and keep the ribbon.

light curtains will help a lot with her physical dmg vs u.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: 2020-11-15 18:02:51 »
Do you know a different way to force the limit of tifa always on "Yeah" without this mod?

u can slow the slots down same as can manip the battle square and any other slots.  it will stop on the following reel.

kellueHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: 2020-11-15 22:00:31 »
Is it possible to get wonderful chocobos from icicle inn and mideel? i've been trying to get one for 20 minutes and i cant get the correct encounter in icile inn (Chocobo + 2 bunnies)

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10485 on: 2020-11-18 10:00:13 »
u can slow the slots down same as can manip the battle square and any other slots.  it will stop on the following reel.

Hi! I checked on web and i'm not sure how i do that.
I read to use the start button and maintain the confirm button when i unpause. Is it that?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: 2020-11-18 14:37:53 »
Actually, I do have one issue now.  When I go into the secret cave, it soft locks while talking to Barrett.  Any ideas?

If this is the dark cave near Forgotten City, then it may be due to field model mods; disable them temporarily then re-enable them once you reach a save point. They cause a problem on that first screen for some reason.

Hi! Do you have a list of compatible / recommended mod for playing NW 2.0?
I deactivate a lot of mods to stabilize the game.

I just have NW 2.0 and Fiel Textures from Qhimm Mod.
I tried to activate the Gameplay mod from Qhimm Mod deactivating almost everything in it except "Lucky Tifa" Tweaks but it seems to trigger random error crashing the game so i deactivate it and it seems fine.

Thank you very much, and great job by the way!

Gameplay mods are a no-go, some mods like the stand-alone ESUI controller button add-on are incompatible because they overwrite the entire flevel but there's a button compat option available for NT in the Enhanced Stock UI-rel2 IRO (not the qhimm catalog one, the stand-alone one that has Chyrsalis listed as the author).

I could maybe add it as an option to the IRO along with other things for people to tweak the mod a bit.

Hey i am really stuck with tifa's limit break, i cannot find her level 4 limit break anywhere :S i have played the correct piano tune 5+ times with both cloud and tifa as the party leader (i am on disk 3) however i didnt play the piano in the flashback so i dont know if thats why i cant get her limit break? i also dont receive a letter when the piano is played :(

Is it 1.5 or 2.0? If party leader can be swapped then it should be accessible unless something has gone awry.

Is it possible to get wonderful chocobos from icicle inn and mideel? i've been trying to get one for 20 minutes and i cant get the correct encounter in icile inn (Chocobo + 2 bunnies)

Yeah wonderfuls are still there, but the encounter rate isn't changed from vanilla (world map editing is an area the mod doesn't cover) and isn't very good. As far as I'm aware, they can appear with either 1 Jumping or 2 Jumping (the bunnies). If there are any bandersnatches in there then it's not a wonderful.

Hi! I checked on web and i'm not sure how i do that.
I read to use the start button and maintain the confirm button when i unpause. Is it that?

It's buffering using the Square/Switch button to rapidly hide/show the battle menu. This causes the slot reels to move slower, allowing you to more easily pick the desired result. Works well with tifa reels or battle square reels, but some finesse is still needed for cait's reels which has some ulterior behaviour tied to it.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: 2020-11-18 17:05:33 »
Hi! Thanks for your answer.

In the notes of the 2.0 Version it is said tha Matra Magic will be used in the fight with Sample Opt. I don't have it, maybe killed it before he used it, don't know... Is it a different way to learn Magic Matra?

For the Tifa's slot i tried the square/switch button trick. Yes, i saw that the slot just advance one to one with this trick but i don't succed in confirming the right text. Don't we have a way to mod the game on this only point without creating issue with New Threat?

By the way, do you want some help for NW FF8? Can we help with low skills ^^?

PS: The Qhimm Mod for User Interface seems working just fine but it looks like the same as Chrisalys's

« Last Edit: 2020-11-18 17:13:36 by YouffieFanFR »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: 2020-11-19 16:34:55 »
Hi! Thanks for your answer.

In the notes of the 2.0 Version it is said tha Matra Magic will be used in the fight with Sample Opt. I don't have it, maybe killed it before he used it, don't know... Is it a different way to learn Magic Matra?

For the Tifa's slot i tried the square/switch button trick. Yes, i saw that the slot just advance one to one with this trick but i don't succed in confirming the right text. Don't we have a way to mod the game on this only point without creating issue with New Threat?

By the way, do you want some help for NW FF8? Can we help with low skills ^^?

PS: The Qhimm Mod for User Interface seems working just fine but it looks like the same as Chrisalys's

Matra Magic can be learned from Custom Sweepers in the Midgar Area of the world map (wasteland areas).

The hex for tifa's slots could be added to the IRO's hext file; open the 7th heaven launcher, then under Tools >IRO Tools select Unpack IRO; select the NT IRO from the FF7/mods folder and unpack it. In the unpacked folder find the hext folder and add this to the notepads (anywhere is fine):

Code: [Select]
6E31E8 = B0 02 90 90 90 90 90
6E34A0 = B0 02 90 90 90 90 90
6E3778 = B1 02 90 90 90 90 90

In the 7th heaven launcher go to tools > IRO tools again and select pack IRO. Select the unpacked folder and save it as an IRO with no compression. Remove the old NT IRO from your mods list and import your new NT IRO using the Import Mod button in the top right of 7th heaven.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: 2020-11-19 18:04:52 »

The hex for tifa's slots could be added to the IRO's hext file; open the 7th heaven launcher, then under Tools >IRO Tools select Unpack IRO; select the NT IRO from the FF7/mods folder and unpack it. In the unpacked folder find the hext folder and add this to the notepads (anywhere is fine):

Code: [Select]
6E31E8 = B0 02 90 90 90 90 90
6E34A0 = B0 02 90 90 90 90 90
6E3778 = B1 02 90 90 90 90 90

In the 7th heaven launcher go to tools > IRO tools again and select pack IRO. Select the unpacked folder and save it as an IRO with no compression. Remove the old NT IRO from your mods list and import your new NT IRO using the Import Mod button in the top right of 7th heaven.

...you're genius...
...no more comment...

PS: People who code the 7th Heaven Launcher are genius too... really impressive work
« Last Edit: 2020-11-19 18:07:56 by YouffieFanFR »

kellueHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: 2020-11-20 13:09:56 »
I am playing 2.0, and im just wondering is there a way to break damage limit? i used the 9999lb patch on my original ffvii but when i play on NT 2.0 i still do 9999 damage ;-; , is there a mod that allows us to break the limit?

kellueHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: 2020-11-20 13:33:07 »
Also how do we start the dark side quest here? i cant find DIO in his museum :/, is there a walkthrough that i can read for NT 2.0 because i would love to 100% it

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: 2020-11-21 08:20:51 »
Hi!

I have few crashs. I have 3 mods activated:
- NW 2.0
- Field Textures from Qhimm Catalog with the 4x Upscale SYW 4
- Enhanced Stock UI-rel2

I have the log of the crash but it's too long to be posted here.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: 2020-11-21 20:50:33 »
I am playing 2.0, and im just wondering is there a way to break damage limit? i used the 9999lb patch on my original ffvii but when i play on NT 2.0 i still do 9999 damage ;-; , is there a mod that allows us to break the limit?

Break damage limit is a series of exe patches that set up the new number for it so those will need to be added in a way that doesn't get overwritten.

If using the installer, the change will need to be added to the .exe after patching. I'd probably need to do this.

If using 7th Heaven, the change could be added to its hext file as per the Tifa Reels post a little further up.

Do you have a copy of this patch I can look at? Or is it on 7th heaven as a mod option? I'll be able to maybe see what can be done there.

Also how do we start the dark side quest here? i cant find DIO in his museum :/, is there a walkthrough that i can read for NT 2.0 because i would love to 100% it

2.0 doesn't have this sidequest anymore, it was retired and the scripts were converted (partially) for the Type B mode.

Hi!

I have few crashs. I have 3 mods activated:
- NW 2.0
- Field Textures from Qhimm Catalog with the 4x Upscale SYW 4
- Enhanced Stock UI-rel2

I have the log of the crash but it's too long to be posted here.

I think the field texture upscale might be responsible here as I remember there being problems with using 4k resolutions in-game where it would eventually overload the VRAM (unsure if this has been sorted out now or not). I'd recommend going for a 2x (2k) option if there is one.

Jalex

• View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: 2020-11-22 02:05:54 »
Hello Sega Chief! I love your mod. I've played 1.4 and 2.0 and I've had such a blast.

Recently I used a gold chocobo to get to the great glacier area right after the icicle Inn to visit the silver chocobo. In the vanilla game the south exit by the sign took you back to the town of Icicle Inn, and the weird slide thing took you to the world map area in between the great glacier and the Icicle Inn, where my chocobo is currently parked. :/ I've been back to the ranch, and couldn't ride another chocobo, or find any other way to get the one gold chocobo I had out of that area.

Do you have any advice? I'm kinda stuck, a wild caught chocobo can't access where mine is either.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: 2020-11-22 07:34:43 »
I think the field texture upscale might be responsible here as I remember there being problems with using 4k resolutions in-game where it would eventually overload the VRAM (unsure if this has been sorted out now or not). I'd recommend going for a 2x (2k) option if there is one.

Maybe, i'm trying playing without this mod and it seems fine for now... Don't have 2x choice so for the moment it's old field texture (kinda ugly...)

kellueHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: 2020-11-22 11:31:07 »
Break damage limit is a series of exe patches that set up the new number for it so those will need to be added in a way that doesn't get overwritten.

If using the installer, the change will need to be added to the .exe after patching. I'd probably need to do this.

If using 7th Heaven, the change could be added to its hext file as per the Tifa Reels post a little further up.

Do you have a copy of this patch I can look at? Or is it on 7th heaven as a mod option? I'll be able to maybe see what can be done there.

2.0 doesn't have this sidequest anymore, it was retired and the scripts were converted (partially) for the Type B mode.

I am using the 7th heaven mod option :)

Awww noooo i looked at all the side quests on youtube and the extra bosses looked so fun to fight ;-;

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: 2020-11-22 15:02:59 »
Hi!

Just to report a little issue. When the Yuffie Wutai Quest n°1 launch you lose all your materias, some materia were still in my possession:

1 x Osmose equipped on Aeris weapon
2 x Fire + 1 x Slow on the stock

Is it normal?

By the way i'm not really using Fire, Lightning, Ice, Erath, Poison Materia. It's nice to male them more different but it seems not enough base attack to be worth the slot. (As in the original game) Do i miss something?

PS: Sometimes the game launch in French... don't know why...

PS2:
As we don't met Materia Keeper in , where Trine can be learned?
« Last Edit: 2020-11-22 18:21:14 by YouffieFanFR »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: 2020-11-23 01:03:09 »
Hello Sega Chief! I love your mod. I've played 1.4 and 2.0 and I've had such a blast.

Recently I used a gold chocobo to get to the great glacier area right after the icicle Inn to visit the silver chocobo. In the vanilla game the south exit by the sign took you back to the town of Icicle Inn, and the weird slide thing took you to the world map area in between the great glacier and the Icicle Inn, where my chocobo is currently parked. :/ I've been back to the ranch, and couldn't ride another chocobo, or find any other way to get the one gold chocobo I had out of that area.

Do you have any advice? I'm kinda stuck, a wild caught chocobo can't access where mine is either.

A save editor could perhaps move the chocobo on the world map; the Black Chocobo tool should be able to do it. That or it could set your coords to be within the area of the Gold Chocobo.

Hi!

Just to report a little issue. When the Yuffie Wutai Quest n°1 launch you lose all your materias, some materia were still in my possession:

1 x Osmose equipped on Aeris weapon
2 x Fire + 1 x Slow on the stock

Is it normal?

By the way i'm not really using Fire, Lightning, Ice, Erath, Poison Materia. It's nice to male them more different but it seems not enough base attack to be worth the slot. (As in the original game) Do i miss something?

PS: Sometimes the game launch in French... don't know why...

PS2:
As we don't met Materia Keeper in , where Trine can be learned?

Yuffie can't steal all your Materia, there's a limit to how much can be 'stored' in the savefile and she'll leave stuff based on a priority system (Summon Materia has highest priority to be stolen and so on).

The game launching in French I don't know, probably an install thing.

Trine can be picked up from Godo or Stilva in Gaea's Cliffs; Crater Dragon in North Crater has it via Manipulate if it's missed.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: 2020-11-23 18:24:12 »
Thanks for the answers.

Another question: when Aeris leaves the party close to the end of CD1, i didn't get back the armlet she had (Wizard something with a lot of slot...)
Is it normal?

Thanks!