Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4886594 times)

OhNoIForgot

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10425 on: 2020-10-05 20:04:54 »
So, if I missed the 1/35 soldier in shinra hq or sister ray I can't complete the set? Or there's a way to complete the set?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: 2020-10-07 04:55:26 »
Having an issue with 1/35 soldier collecting. When I pick up the one during the Midgar raid, the one on the scaffolding listed as #9 in the documentation, the item doesn't transfer into my inventory. I'm in Hard mode, type B. Anyone else?

ye but wasn't sure which location didn't count before :>

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: 2020-10-07 04:59:02 »
I read the features on the first page but am still confused by the wording. Does this mod allow the function of changing the party leader to change Cloud as someone else such as Yuffie or Red? Also, does it replace their model in the field besides only the battle? If so, at what point am I allowed to do this? I want to play the game as much as possible as a different character, without Cloud.

Also, can the Black Chocobo be used for this mod? Can I use a previous save file from a play-through without mods?

balancing will be wrong if u use save fille outwith the mod. (and indeed version of mod eg 1.5.x v 2.0.x.

theres a NPC on the highwind which lets u choose cloud/tifa/cid as party leader at a certain point of the story.

Ur free to kill cloud to not use him before then :> yes the field model is changed if tifa/cid is leader.  just like the original game, when they get to  be leader.

rocp

• View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: 2020-10-07 10:06:11 »
Thank you. No one else besides Cloud/Tifa/Cid can be used?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: 2020-10-08 07:32:36 »
for party leader no.

Sudeki

• View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: 2020-10-08 12:49:52 »
Having an issue with 1/35 soldier collecting. When I pick up the one during the Midgar raid, the one on the scaffolding listed as #9 in the documentation, the item doesn't transfer into my inventory. I'm in Hard mode, type B. Anyone else?

Hi, there is an error in flevel.lgp md8_b1 at the script: Add 1 item(s) No19 to the inventory, should be No95

frampton1337

• View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: 2020-10-08 19:38:40 »
Hi, just started playing this again after a few years and I'm doing a type B run. When i got to the cave that originally had Mr smile in it he wasn't there. has he been moved or did i get a bug? I tried to go to Condor and see if that save point would work but nothing new and I cant access the battle there.

haran86_

• View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: 2020-10-08 20:08:24 »
I started an run B, it is very nice but unfortunately my Cloud cannot level up. It goes beyond the level limit bar

:(

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: 2020-10-09 09:39:29 »
Hi, just started playing this again after a few years and I'm doing a type B run. When i got to the cave that originally had Mr smile in it he wasn't there. has he been moved or did i get a bug? I tried to go to Condor and see if that save point would work but nothing new and I cant access the battle there.

mr smiles in the myrthil mines has changed :)

theres now a few story line events which allow you to use sources if you decide to do so.  the first point is after jenova life (on the way across to costa de sol).

Regards save point nothing new? there should be an extended menu which is different than was in 1.5. no longer have option to enable/disable random battles. there should be an option to change between hard/easy mode alongside another option to disable EXP gain (if decide to use that).  (both hard / and no exp) should have a battle.

fort condor battles, think you need to speak to the chap upstairs at the table, before you can do the fort condor battles.

Money Lisa

• View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: 2020-10-09 14:35:35 »
Hello ! I'm in 2.0.94 and it seems that the innate ability of Yuffie partially doesn't work. I dont get more gils when she is in a fight.
I tried with a Zemzelett that always give 165 gils and 2 Nerosuferoth that gives 292 gils.

I thought maybe it triggers only when she counters with Mug but it didn't change anything

I play to NT through the FF7SYW launcher if that can help

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: 2020-10-09 15:29:26 »
Hi all, been less active recently. I was taking a small break and was transferring to a new PC, which is still ongoing to get all the tools, files, etc. across and set up. Thanks to wdx and others for answering questions in the meantime.

Hi, there is an error in flevel.lgp md8_b1 at the script: Add 1 item(s) No19 to the inventory, should be No95

So it's the wrong item being added? I'll add that to my notes for the next patch.

I started an run B, it is very nice but unfortunately my Cloud cannot level up. It goes beyond the level limit bar

:(

That's likely due to a menu mod that changes gauges and the like. It is fortunately a purely visual bug though, and EXP is still being tallied as intended. When you next level up, the gauge overflow should correct itself but if not it doesn't impact Cloud's levelling and the like; it's just a visual meter for the player.

Hello ! I'm in 2.0.94 and it seems that the innate ability of Yuffie partially doesn't work. I dont get more gils when she is in a fight.
I tried with a Zemzelett that always give 165 gils and 2 Nerosuferoth that gives 292 gils.

I thought maybe it triggers only when she counters with Mug but it didn't change anything

I play to NT through the FF7SYW launcher if that can help

I think I changed it; she has something called Throwlette now which is triggered by using the Defend command when it charges (a message should be displayed). She also has the Mug counter still.

So the plan going forward is as follows:

I've got FF8 NT to get to its first 1.0 release which I won't go into details of here. But in addition to that I also want to address some issues in the current 2.0 build.

The 2.1 update will be a content patch, so some things will be getting added like Extra Battle in Gold Saucer which will be used to add optional high-end encounters. A common complain as well was that there was little to do for players who were in the advanced stages of maxing out their parties, so I'll be drafting up some plans to tackle that. Some expansion work will also be made to Type B to extend the alternative scenario more past Midgar, as I think people were disappointed with the lack of major changes moving past there.

Another aim is to fix the Hard Mode and No Exp toggles which were sharing addresses with some of the game's other functions. But I'll also be adjusting the parameters of Hard Mode itself as I think feedback about it has been lukewarm overall, so a revamp is needed there.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-09 15:42:01 by Sega Chief »

Money Lisa

• View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: 2020-10-09 15:41:47 »
Throwlette and Mug counter works, but the innate says that one enemy should give double the gils if Yuffie participate in the fight. That is the part that doesnt work for me

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: 2020-10-09 15:42:30 »
Throwlette and Mug counter works, but the innate says that one enemy should give double the gils if Yuffie participate in the fight. That is the part that doesnt work for me

I'll remove the bit about gil from the documentation + in-game text if it still reports it there.

Sudeki

• View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: 2020-10-09 16:07:08 »
Hi Sega Chief,
yes it's the wrong item added for 1/35 Soldier, and there is a little error too in junonl1 with the crew2 at script 33 in talk: Si Var[5][11] == 2 (aller au label 3 sinon), it should be Si Var[5][11] == 3 (aller au label 3 sinon). Maybe i m the only one that use heliport  :-D
I don't know how attach a picture, it would be easyer for you maybe.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: 2020-10-09 17:26:15 »

I've got FF8 NT to get to its first 1.0 release

I am very excited for FF8 New Threat!

Also, I'm happy to know that you are well, Chief. COVID cases are on the rise. Stay safe!

frampton1337

• View Profile
« Reply #10440 on: 2020-10-09 18:09:18 »
mr smiles in the myrthil mines has changed :)

theres now a few story line events which allow you to use sources if you decide to do so.  the first point is after jenova life (on the way across to costa de sol).

Regards save point nothing new? there should be an extended menu which is different than was in 1.5. no longer have option to enable/disable random battles. there should be an option to change between hard/easy mode alongside another option to disable EXP gain (if decide to use that).  (both hard / and no exp) should have a battle.

fort condor battles, think you need to speak to the chap upstairs at the table, before you can do the fort condor battles.

Ive talked to them and donated money but every time i try to start the battle he says we need another 4K gil.

Money Lisa

• View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: 2020-10-09 18:39:12 »
Ive talked to them and donated money but every time i try to start the battle he says we need another 4K gil.

You are the one that needs to have 4k gils. The money they have (around 15k) is for when you dont fight yourself I think. I had this issue today ^^

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: 2020-10-10 02:00:26 »
Hi Sega Chief,
yes it's the wrong item added for 1/35 Soldier, and there is a little error too in junonl1 with the crew2 at script 33 in talk: Si Var[5][11] == 2 (aller au label 3 sinon), it should be Si Var[5][11] == 3 (aller au label 3 sinon). Maybe i m the only one that use heliport  :-D
I don't know how attach a picture, it would be easyer for you maybe.

Oh, is that still off? I thought I'd dealt with it. Should be a quick fix.

I am very excited for FF8 New Threat!

Also, I'm happy to know that you are well, Chief. COVID cases are on the rise. Stay safe!

I don't have a good track record with anything cold or flu related, so I've been pretty careful so far.

You are the one that needs to have 4k gils. The money they have (around 15k) is for when you dont fight yourself I think. I had this issue today ^^

To confirm what Money Lisa has said, you need a minimum amount of gil to participate in the minigame; 4000gil. The money stored with them is for when a battle is missed by progressing the story so they can cover it for you.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: 2020-10-10 08:45:34 »
Apologies I assume this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any info - does this mod require sticking to the chibi field models?

I noticed if it is above the 'Field Models - Qhimm Catalog' in 7H load order, it forces the chibis. If I reverse that order, is it going to lead to large inconsistencies?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: 2020-10-10 15:01:22 »
Apologies I assume this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any info - does this mod require sticking to the chibi field models?

I noticed if it is above the 'Field Models - Qhimm Catalog' in 7H load order, it forces the chibis. If I reverse that order, is it going to lead to large inconsistencies?

You don't need to use the chibis it comes with; any field model mod should be compatible. However, there are a few new entries used in NT that won't be affected by those mods so you may see the occasional chibi field model (for instance, the red shinra trooper will stay as a chibi because it's a new field model). But 99% of the field models will be replaced so if you can overlook that, have at it. As for order, NT should be lower in order than graphical mods. Higher in load order = higher priority.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: 2020-10-11 05:02:53 »
You don't need to use the chibis it comes with; any field model mod should be compatible. However, there are a few new entries used in NT that won't be affected by those mods so you may see the occasional chibi field model (for instance, the red shinra trooper will stay as a chibi because it's a new field model). But 99% of the field models will be replaced so if you can overlook that, have at it. As for order, NT should be lower in order than graphical mods. Higher in load order = higher priority.

Excellent thanks for the information! Yeah I will just overlook it and play with both, really looking forward to playing through this mod, but I also can't ignore the enhanced 'kaldarasha' models, they just look so much better.

A suggestion, if there are only a few new field models, maybe an option to disable them would be nice to have and allow consistency with other mods (if none of them are critical for your reimagined scenarios that is). Or perhaps ideally, there could be 'kaldarasha' versions of your new field models.

Thanks again.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: 2020-10-12 18:33:42 »
softlock with any other party leader at gold saucer hotel (tried disabling all other mods)
maybe at north crater have it force cloud as party leader, result with tifa as party leader u warp directly to the choco stable room on the highwind, need to nip to the lelft can't interact with anything on that screen.

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: 2020-10-14 23:48:45 »

I've got FF8 NT to get to its first 1.0 release which I won't go into details of here. But in addition to that I also want to address some issues in the current 2.0 build.

Does this mean your main priority at the moment is FF8 NT? I'd absolutely love that. I played the demo and only wished the whole game was like this. You can fix this broken game that's FF8 and make it fun again.

Also, regarding the Hard Mode, in my opinion, i'd rather have the same game as the original, but with harder enemies and less gil. Something like 50% stronger enemies (with some specific tweaks to some), 33% less gil and 33% less exp. Any more than that and it feels like a punishment. Should feel like a challenge that makes you have to use all the tools and alternative tactics. I think a little less hard than the 1.5 Arranged is the perfect spot, for me, but I cannot speak for everyone.

Money Lisa

• View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: 2020-10-15 00:36:27 »
Hello, in Mt Nibel, when Nibel Dragon uses flamethrower on my Caith Sith with E-skill materia he doesn't learn it, is that normal? I also can't seem to manipulate Nibel Dragon, I tried around 20 times.
Thanks !

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: 2020-10-15 20:31:38 »
Hello, in Mt Nibel, when Nibel Dragon uses flamethrower on my Caith Sith with E-skill materia he doesn't learn it, is that normal? I also can't seem to manipulate Nibel Dragon, I tried around 20 times.
Thanks !

flame thrower is not a learnable skill for new threat.  think antipode was its replacement for that one. which can be leared from the dragons in mythril mines.  on that note angel whisperer is another skill which can not be learned anymore.  regards manip, dont think its possible to manip same for gaes cliff dragons.  good way to tell if can manip something is to watch the txt when u try to do so, if it says miss before can't manip then u can :) if no miss message just prior then u can not