Author Topic: Nintendo Wii ( 56k Warning )  (Read 15328 times)

VincentVal

• View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii ( 56k Warning )
« Reply #25 on: 2006-06-04 00:58:54 »
This is on the Wii site

Four ports for the classic Nintendo Gamecube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards

Enya

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006-06-04 12:15:43 »
I am just trhilled about this little machine since it was shown on E3. Man do this one have potential. Plus the function that will probably satisfy me the most after the Wii-mote, is the option to download retrogames, for a small fee of course. I belive it was 5$ for one NES-game, 6$ for one SNES-game, and (sadly) 10$ for one N64-game. Its definitly worth it though  8-)

Sonys pressconference wasnt all that good, but i am intressted in "Cell". Too bad the machine will be monstrously expensive at release.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #27 on: 2006-06-05 02:54:28 »
I really meant it as a general thing--not just the sword, but I'd rather sit back and press buttons as opposed to having to move around a whole lot.
In the Nintendo 64 version, anyway, I was quite content to just hit "B" and swing my sword, rather than look like a fool, swinging a controller around.

This is the attitude I mentioned in my post, which I predict will take over after the Wii has been out for a while.
As I said, its appeal to most is on now, but I suspect even most of the people who are attracted by it now will eventually get tired of all the effort it takes to play games and lust for the simple B-pressing games of old days.

It’s up to Nintendo to play this correctly.
They are definitely going to have to keep a watch on the market and switch to normal controls before people start lusting.
But I don’t suspect there will be a problem here because they are already supporting normal-style games, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

L. Spiro

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006-06-06 20:13:54 »
But I don’t suspect there will be a problem here because they are already supporting normal-style games, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Ah... Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB).  The potential!  I wonder if they'll totally ruin it by forcing it to be motion-driven, or not.  I must admit that though I plan on getting a Wii, I'm a bit apprehensive of the debut software.  Remember the DS?  I had one since the beginning.  Now there are quality games (Mario Kart, Tetris, New SMB) but at the DS's launch, almost every game had to use the touch screen and/or microphone in some way.  Hopefully Wii game producers will show a little prudence with the motion sensor.  I think that beyond WarioWare: Smooth Moves(which I am most certainly getting), motion sensor gimmicks are rather tiresome.  If it enhances the gameplay, sure.  But not if it's annoying.

Speaking of SSBB, though, did anyone else hear the main theme?  It's done by Nobuo Uematsu, who did at least the music for FF6... but the feeling for Super Smash Bros. seems a bit dramatic.  I mean, the complete orchestra, the singing in a foreign language...it all comes together to produce something of about the intensity of "One-winged Angel."  In my opinion.

You can read the comments of SSBB creator Masahiro Sakurai about the theme and hear and/or download it at
http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/index.hml

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-06-06 21:25:57 »
The remote doubles as a VMU!!!

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-06-06 22:37:45 »
It's done by Nobuo Uematsu, who did at least the music for FF6

Nobuo Uematsu did the music for all of the Final Fantasies. However, I think one of the more recent ones (X-2?), though, he did not do.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006-06-07 02:05:35 »
He didn't do X-2, 11, 12, and maybe X. He quit his job at S-E because they were overworking him, and I guess either Nintendo or HAL is where it landed him.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006-06-07 13:19:29 »
No, he did X, I know that for sure.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006-06-07 16:19:00 »
and XI cus its says on the back of the cover
*holds up cover*

FeuFeu

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006-06-07 16:29:17 »
No, he did X, I know that for sure.

Indeed, in coordination with Junya Nakano & Masashi Hamauzu.

He also participated in the FFXI OST, along with Naoshi Mizuta & Kumi Tanioka. His contribution was quite small, though.
Finally, FFXII soundtrack was composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto, who also worked on Vagrant Story and FFT (two extraordinary soundtracks, IMO).

More on topic : I still don't know whether I'll buy a PS3 and/or a Wii. I don't care about the console itself, it's all about the games after all. And right now, I have many games waiting for me on PS2 and GameCube :-P