Author Topic: Aeris Revival  (Read 13809 times)

Zacharias

• View Profile
Aeris Revival
« on: 2013-06-23 23:10:39 »
So just got past the scene when Aeris dies, now on disk 2, and Aeris isn't on my team or my PHS, I have the mod installed but I want to know what can be done, am I suppose to do something to trigger her revival?

Zacharias

• View Profile
Re: Aeris Revival
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-25 07:33:18 »
Any help?

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-26 04:31:02 »
CURRENTLY UNCOMPATIBLE WITH REMIX PATCH/HARDCORE MOD

No steps needed to revive her, she's already there in your team. Check the notes section for glitches/more information.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wh2lz3h2q572bo

Should be easy to put together. Compile the flevel lgp with Aali's tools, Unpack Char.lgp and add in my new stuff and replace the Kernels -  Only replaces the Umbrella with new weapon, gained through new side quest. If your not interested, then you don't need to use them. You CANNOT, REPEAT, CANNOT mix and match Kernels and scene.bins. Things will go mental.

You NEED to add the new models and animations from me, otherwise the patch won't work in some parts. In fact, you won't be able to finish the game.

Quote from: GoHurtSomething on 2011-06-03 00:28:46

Sorry to be a bit cheeky (as I've posted a similar post on another thread) however does this patch work with the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project? Thanks all.

It does, yes. My new model is only the HRC, so it'll still load any new models you put in char.lgp.

Notes

*If you apply the patch after the Forgotten Capital/The Funeral, you will manually have to unlock Aeris using Black Chocobo. I only added one check straight after she dies.

*Vincent's theme may play during her funeral. No idea why, but it's not much of a problem. Will get fixed eventually.

*During the final battle, you will have to sacrifice one character if you want Aeris in one of your 3 teams. The game is limited to making two teams of 3 and one team of 2. Nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-23 15:55:19 by ultima espio »

Sorry to post direct from the Original release thread for the Aeris revival but you haven't given us a lot to go on. Did you use bootleg 40 to install the patch? If not... did you have any other patches like hardcore installed?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 05:33:05 by Template »

rev0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-29 04:20:31 »
Hi, i hope it is ok to post in this thread. I have the same problem.

I installed the mod long before Aeris dies using Bootleg 40/BFE. I installed the HQ Aeris models but no difficulty mods.

After her death she was not in the PHS, then i tried reinstalling with a few different settings which i thought might interfere but that didnt help. So i added her with Black Chocobo but in certain scenes she is not there which causes the game to get stuck. What is strange though is that the Umbrella was correctly changed to Princess Guard+.

One last thing i didnt try yet: In the Models Tab in BFE there is an Animations Setting, i chose fixes & Modifications, might that have something to do with it?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-29 04:52:29 »
Won't a simple Black Chobobo alteration fix this?  Sorry used to playing on psx.

rev0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-29 04:58:38 »
Won't a simple Black Chobobo alteration fix this?  Sorry used to playing on psx.
Well as i wrote it will cause the game to get stuck in certain story scenes where both party members other than Cloud would talk. Aeris Field model is not there.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-29 05:29:09 »
This is kinda a sidetrack to the problem but if I did this model correctly then I can make you one for HQ Aerith. Can you download this file, and insert it's contents into your char.lgp? Let me know if you need detailed instructions on how to do that but the basic process is outlined here.

If it works, you might want to just keep this model instead.  :-D

P.S. Don't forget to back up your original char.lgp
« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 05:39:22 by Template »

rev0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-29 07:41:08 »
Ok i tried it but unfortunately it doesnt seem to work. Aeris field model is still missing. Maybe i did something wrong? Im pretty new to modding FF7.

Here is what i did:

I dumped my current char.lgp (with HQ Aeris etc.) in a folder with uLGP 0.7
I overwrote the files in that folder with the files from the .7z you posted.
I encoded a new char.lgp and moved that to my game folder, overwriting the current char.lgp

Anything i missed?

If not i think i will try reinstalling with BFE with the default Aeris field model just to see if this fixes the issue

Edit: Tried with default model, still not working. I think it is no problem with the models, seems more like the mod didnt install correctly. Maybe anyone can provide a BFE Preset that surely works with the revival mod so i can compare it with my settings?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 09:58:31 by rev0 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-07-29 10:02:46 »
Reuploaded Aerith Revival Model for Unshaded package. It definitely wasn't the right model... Not sure how that happened.
This one should be compatible.
To see if the mod installed correctly during bootleg there should be a bootleg.log or text file that shows that.

« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 10:56:40 by Template »

rev0

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-07-29 10:09:43 »
Bootleg.log says Completed Aeris Revival. No errors popped up during installation either. Im really clueless right now. Will try that new file. Do i need anything else now that i have the default field model?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-07-29 10:14:15 »
Hmmm, not sure if this is right... still, let me double check this. I'm gonna do what I should have done to begin with and test bootleg40 w/ Aerith revival+unshaded Aerith, which I've just redone. I'm slowly learning that it's a lot better to take the time to do the testing yourself than uploading broken stuff all the time...
« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 10:55:58 by Template »

rev0

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-07-29 13:50:52 »
I tried with the new files you sent me and that seemed to have fixed it partly. The field model is visible but messed up, her arms and legs are in weird positions. Also im not sure yet if it works in those story parts where it would get stuck.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-07-29 13:52:27 »
aha, that's actually encouraging news it means I was on the right track and you have the mod installed correctly.

Try these. Thanks for testing this, even though I know we both benefit. If you absolutely must have hqaerith for this, I can fix one up I'm sure.

It better frikkin work lollll. it should.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 13:58:09 by Template »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-07-29 14:00:41 »
The new model I made for that patch was just a version of Aeris on Tifa's skeleton, so make sure you haven't swapped them around or deleted one, that would explain the weird arms/legs thing.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-07-29 14:12:38 »
Oh hey Ultima! Unbelievable stuff you do. I've been kinda wanting to ask you: I really want to put your Revival mod in with Kaldarasha's reworked flevel if you thought it was possible... he's gonna put out an English version soon, with all these transparency fixes done and the Aeris death scene is completely fixed (using the unshaded models he did anyway). And then the main difference is the larger character models, everyone's a little BIGGER! I think it's more like PS1 sizes but hq models :D Do you think it will be too many headaches to be worth the effort?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 14:14:41 by Template »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-07-29 14:45:44 »
What exactly does his reworked flevel do?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013-07-29 14:59:39 »
Bigger models in pretty much every scene as I understand it.
It fixes the transparency issues with models in the Ancient Temple, Sephiroth, Cloud, other chars as well, all were pretty badly broken there.
Any other places those characters have transparency will work now, like Cloud in the Honey Bee Inn
 emmm.... oh yah, the sword through Aeris head after her death is fixed and a model is added without the materia hairpin that the regular Unshaded model has for her death scene as well... The models hair is spread out like the vid... pretty detailed stuff. I'm trying to figure out if I can do this unshaded model without the materia hairpin (Holy) in her hair for the revival. That's what screwed up the original somehow I did it wrong. Now with 7thwrapper we could make it so her battle model changes after her death too!