Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 490370 times)

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
Re: 7thHeaven
« Reply #250 on: 2013-08-09 09:56:59 »

My problem, is that the configurations I do aren't used in game. I have tried to use subfolders, I believe this is not compatible with an iro.  :?

Do you mean, subfolders like in magic.lgp?

That is meant to work, but ... not very well tested. So could easily have a bug.

If you mean, conditional folders ... that should work, if you're using the latest version.

Also my base mod isn't set correctly, the default value is normally '1', but it seems so, that it is '0' when it is first use as a packed iro.

Ah, OK, maybe I missed implementing the default values in the new screens. Will check.

For the next release, could you please make an expand and minimize mod info. It will getting hard to sort the mods to a correct load order, if there are used more then seven mods.

That's a good idea, I will look at that. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-09 10:12:34 by Iros »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2013-08-09 10:07:00 »
 >:(
Shot in the dark on your mod.xml from Battle Add on there's this variable for Young Cloud:
Code: [Select]
Conditional Folder="YoungCloud">
              <RuntimeVar Values="347..383" Var="PPV"/>
Maybe there's a problem there? I didn't see anything that looked different from the Battle Add-On and the #3Unshaded Models code for sword options.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2013-08-09 10:20:54 »
Edit: I was not precise. The changes to clouds field sword model work from your Unshaded Models. The battle change from the UM batlle Add-on config did not work.

Hmm, OK, that looks useful. Do you mean, no matter what option you select, it never changes in the game?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2013-08-09 10:32:09 »
Yes, precisely, the config options do appear in game for the field, but his battle folder and xml is set up the same way as far as I can tell but the changes do not appear in game. I did try them all.

Looking through the menu structure of Kaldy's mod you can see why the case sensitivity was maybe important to fix after all. There are a couple times he uses Char.lgp instead of char.lgp, but I really cant see any problems with the code on the sword switch from the BattleAddon. It's cool because the complicated one is the one that works. But it's probably not cool for Iros lol.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-09 10:39:11 by Template »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2013-08-09 11:42:11 »
when i try to run the game through 7th heaven, it tell's me to insert disc 1 :(

➣ I try to launch the game, but it says "...MountFF7DISC1.bat is missing."

Rename a Hard Drive or Flash Drive to "FF7DISC1" and assign it's drive letter as the Data Drive within Bootloader Configure.

➣ I try to launch the game, but it says "Please insert FF7 Game Disc 1, 2, or 3 and try again."

You need to pass the CD Check at the game's launch. Any one may be used:

Open FF7 Bootloader Configure and assure that Auto Mount is checked before starting the game.
    Open FF7 Bootloader Configure and click the "Mount" button.
    A cmd prompt will appear and assign a new virtual drive labeled FF7DISC1.
    In Bootloader Configure, assign that virtual drive letter as the Data Drive.
    To get rid of this virtual drive, click "Unmount" or restart your computer.
    Rename an HDD or Flash Drive to "FF7DISC1" and assign it as the Data Drive.

Well, I don't have time to make a tutorial or whatever to fix this, and even if I did people wouldn't read it and ask anyway. All you have to do is Name an iso FF7Disc1, there are several blank isos floating around the forum in fairly logical places (the FAQ, for example) that are titled properly and will pass the disc check for the old exe. How do you make them work? Google it! I use UltraISO lots of people use DaemonTools. Mount the FF7DISC1 iso wherever you want, and then make sure the data path in the Bootleg or FFVII registry is set to the drive where you mount that ISO or VirtualHardDisc or USBstick or Floppy disc, or whatever.

THIS:

Is what this does:

If you have bootleg installed you can set the path from bootloader.
If you don't have bootleg installed, you can edit the registry like in the first picture with regedit. Google it!
« Last Edit: 2013-08-10 03:07:38 by Template »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2013-08-09 11:44:47 »
Yes, precisely, the config options do appear in game for the field, but his battle folder and xml is set up the same way as far as I can tell but the changes do not appear in game. I did try them all.

Looking through the menu structure of Kaldy's mod you can see why the case sensitivity was maybe important to fix after all. There are a couple times he uses Char.lgp instead of char.lgp, but I really cant see any problems with the code on the sword switch from the BattleAddon. It's cool because the complicated one is the one that works. But it's probably not cool for Iros lol.

It seems to work for me :/

Although, were you trying with a savegame where Cloud actually had the buster equipped? I'm not sure if the mod alters every weapon file, or just that one...?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2013-08-09 12:06:23 »
No, you are right... it is working I think there is an issue with the options appearing clicked on but not being included as Kaldarasha pointed out. But this issue was caused by the CloudAnimationbeta3, it includes the model for the normal buster sword, and I had it in the top spot, so it used that sword over the config from Kaldarasha's mod. When I took my animation out (which isn't as good as his final version) the sword changes began to work in battle as well. Wild goose chase...

But I did notice his base mod effects did not come on until I removed that mod and reactivated it. Even though the boxes were all checked the original texture was being used for the save point model. Once I reactivated Kaldarasha's #4base PRP mod with all boxes checked again the texture he put in that package from FFX appeared for the save point.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2013-08-09 12:12:43 »
There is a problem - which Kaldarasha noticed - that it was ignoring the 'Default' setting in mod.xml, so optional folders might not activate until you'd been into the config screen, set an option, and said OK. That will be fixed in the next version. Not sure about any other problems...

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2013-08-09 12:25:18 »
This is what I mean by subfolder:
<Conditional Folder="Cloud/2 Hardedge 02" ActiveWhen="Cloud = 2" >
  <RuntimeVar Var="CloudWeapon" Values="2" />
  </Conditional>
It normally works, but when I pack it and use it as a iro-file it doesn't.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2013-08-09 12:27:06 »
There aren't any other problems :-D
I just didn't pack my animation with this application in mind. It has a sword included with it that overrode Kaldarasha's config option.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2013-08-09 12:30:56 »
This is what I mean by subfolder:
<Conditional Folder="Cloud/2 Hardedge 02" ActiveWhen="Cloud = 2" >
  </Conditional>
It normally works, but when I pack it and use it as a iro-file it doesn't.

Ah - could you try using backslash instead of forward slash, i.e.

<Conditional Folder="Cloud\2 Hardedge 02" ActiveWhen="Cloud = 2" >
</Conditional>

Windows will actually accept either in a lot of cases which is why it runs from folders OK, the archive code does not...

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2013-08-09 12:53:13 »
Ah - could you try using backslash instead of forward slash, i.e.

<Conditional Folder="Cloud\2 Hardedge 02" ActiveWhen="Cloud = 2" >
</Conditional>

Windows will actually accept either in a lot of cases which is why it runs from folders OK, the archive code does not...

Yes, that was it. Thanks.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2013-08-09 19:27:06 »
v1.08:  https://mega.co.nz/#!GAJHlAAK!XuGlOSHuZ5toy5-t-ezCVlYis1Yii5OsTUpd6sPvhfQ

-Add 'compact' display option to profile. Might add this for other tabs later...
-Fix error updating thumbnails against catalog entries
-Fix config options not picking up default values correctly some times

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #263 on: 2013-08-09 20:40:50 »
I was wondering if 7thheaven could load changes to the flevel like the Vincent ballet fix. Is it possible to add things like that or do they need to go directly into the flevel?
« Last Edit: 2013-08-09 20:43:38 by cmh175 »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2013-08-09 20:50:09 »
flevel.lgp just contains field files. So there's nothing stopping you providing new field files.

But, they will be quite large - if you're just fixing one script command or something, you'd still have to include the entire field file (backgrounds, dialogue, scripts, etc...) - and then it's not possible for two mods to change the same field file, because it is just one file, and so only one copy of the file gets loaded - either the copy from mod 1, or the copy from mod 2.

It might be possible to do something about that, but that's the limit right now.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2013-08-09 20:55:28 »
I didn't really follow that sorry. So like for the Vincent fix I'd add the files ancnt1 and ancnt4 to the flevel and he no longer dances ballet at Aeris's funeral. So if for example I do a library\extra\flevel.lgp file in 7thheaven with those files in it, would that work?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2013-08-09 20:58:22 »
flevel changes in 7thHeaven work the same as any other lgp. You put the files you want to change in a folder called "flevel.lgp".

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2013-08-09 20:59:58 »

I didn't really follow that sorry. So like for the Vincent fix I'd add the files ancnt1 and ancnt4 to the flevel and he no longer dances ballet at Aeris's funeral. So if for example I do a library\extra\flevel.lgp file in 7thheaven with those files in it, would that work?

Yes, that would work fine.

What I mean is that, if you put file ancnt1 in your mod (in a folder called flevel.lgp), that will get used by the game and it's fine. If you have another mod that also wants to change ancnt1 (e.g. a translation mod) ... then of course both mods won't work at the same time, they each want to change the same file, only one of them will get to work.

This is true for all game files - the field files are just a little different because you have one file containing lots of different kinds of data (script, dialogue, backgrounds, ...), so it's maybe more likely that two different mods both want to change the same file.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2013-08-09 21:01:51 »
That's what I thought, but I tried that before with a bunch of lgps and the game crashed. So I'm reverse engineering it to see what works and what doesn't.

Ok cool, I'm also testing the magic.lgp too. It should work fine since the mini games work. Not sure how I crashed it last time. It was an older version of 7thwrapper as well though.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2013-08-09 21:17:18 »
That's what I thought, but I tried that before with a bunch of lgps and the game crashed. So I'm reverse engineering it to see what works and what doesn't.

Ok cool, I'm also testing the magic.lgp too. It should work fine since the mini games work. Not sure how I crashed it last time. It was an older version of 7thwrapper as well though.

Can pretty much guarantee if you weren't using the latest version and you had a bunch of lgp files being called on with upper case lower case letter inconsistancies: chocobo.lgp Battle.lgp, there's your crash.

Use the current version :p He's fixed lots of things and it's easy to switch versions, doesn't affect catalog or settings, because Iros kept them separate.

Edit: Iros, I wondered if you might look a little at the crash loop that me and EQ2Alyza ran into with the subscription. There will be plenty of people that enter in the catalog code wrong and get a crash, no? Is it possible to make an automatic reset of the catalog.xml file in the Users\*.*\7thWorkshop folder if the application fails to load because of a subscription, and then auto-reload the app to avoid this crash?
« Last Edit: 2013-08-09 22:20:31 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2013-08-10 00:54:02 »
So I pulled a bunch of mods out of my lgps and set it up in 7thheaven so I have the flevel files I mentioned and models in the field, battle, magic, mini games, and world lgps. I complied it into an iro so itll run smoother but the game crashes right away. It doesn't like one of them. I've checked it out and I'm positive I configured everything correctly. I don't get a 7thheaven error and the app log is pretty empty.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
« Last Edit: 2013-08-10 00:56:05 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2013-08-10 01:08:11 »
I tested the BallerinaFix already and had no problems. I made the folder structure, as below, but made the mod into an .iro for testing. I'm compiling an flevel .iro with known fixes based on bootleg40 output. There will be configuration options for Hardcore mode and Aeris Revival. If you are having issues with your custom iro it is probably not coming from the flevel changes:
« Last Edit: 2013-08-10 01:09:59 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2013-08-10 01:20:37 »
Have you tried the magic.lgp yet? I have just the Phoenix summoning model in there. That's the only other new thing I've tried. 

Yup I just confirmed, it's the magic.lgp. I have it set library\extra\magic.lgp, so it's set up right. I've tried it with several summoning models from the magic.lgp, and even just one at a time. If it loads anything to the magic.lgp the game crashes. Boots fine with everything else though.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-10 01:43:38 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2013-08-10 03:05:11 »
There must be a problem with the code for the magic.lgp file structure. I can load an iro with Grimmy's upscaled magic and get into the game, but the changes don't take effect. This iro was set up to work through the modpath. Messing with the magic.lgp itself is tricky I think. Thus the TA hi-res installer.

Edit: Struck incorrect information. I had my modpath set in aali's ff7opengl.cfg file set to none... I retested this iro and it works fine. Also have to be careful about compress textures when testing stuff like this. :P
« Last Edit: 2013-08-10 04:01:34 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2013-08-10 04:18:31 »
That's set up so it goes through the ff7\mods file right? I've been able to load world and battle png textures that way so it works pretty well. At this point the only thing I've come across is the magic.lgp. I've pretty much emptied whole lgps into 7thheaven and every other one has worked. There are quite a few magic mods that go into the lgp, and three or four versions of the Phoenix summoning so it'll be cool if we can get that working.