Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001463 times)

Merlin09

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.51]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #525 on: 2011-12-15 09:36:09 »
Hi Vgr,

I don't know why you didn't ran into the same problems, but it seems mine where real since sithlord48 managed to include my game number into BC ;)

The game I use is a backup from the originals I have with my PSX, pure french version, no other languages.

Is it the same as yours, or do you have a multi language euro version?

If so, just know that the pure french version (SCES00868) as some little particularities in the senario... Even if I can't remember which ones right now!

@sithlord48:
I didn't try all the options yet, but it works without problems, even while converting card formats:
I tried with FPSE on my android phone, with PSX4all on my wife's iphone, and with pcsx on my linux boxes!

Thanks to both of you.

And by the way, Vgr, you did an awesome job with the french version, the traduction seems flawless!

If anyone of you needs any help I can provide, feel free to ask, I would be glad to help

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2011-12-15 12:07:53 »
Well, I can't check right now, but it seems it's a good version. I have the NTSC-US version but I also have a used copy of PAL-FR, which I don't use anymore. I used the latter on emulator since I live in Canada and there are no support for PAL here. Once I'll get home I can check this. Feel free to add me to MSN, too. [email protected]

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2011-12-15 13:58:50 »
So, quick feedback after a few hours using your software.

Everything seems to work flawlessly, I tried a lot of things, and all options seems O.K.

The only thing with problems is the slot copy function.

I select my slot, I make a copy, then I select the next slot, I do a paste, everything seems ok, but when I save... no changes saved on slot 2.

So I tried selecting slot 2, then I select new game, I save, and then I paste my slot over the new one, and it works.
But the new slot is in US format... and if I select modify --> French SCES00868, well I return to having messages about unknown variables and so on, but I can't save the file, so it doesn't work.

I hope I make myself clear, since it's not an easy thing to describe.

If I can check or do anything to help... well I won't repeat that each time, will I ? ;)

--- edit ---

Convertion works with any other region code, I just checked, but not sces00868, even if it asks to convert from NTSC to PAL (no more table errors after a reset of the software).

So to resume, I can copy a slot if I: create a new game on the slot, THEN paste my slot here, BUT I can't use it since I can't change the region code of the save to the correct one (well, the change works on screen, but if I save and refresh, everything is gone)
« Last Edit: 2011-12-15 14:15:32 by Merlin09 »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #528 on: 2011-12-15 15:24:06 »
ok ill look in to that. sounds like i forgot to add that copy to one check somewhere.

edit:: yup forgot a check in the part that changes the region. i'll commit the change to the trunk folder if you can compile it from that good if not let me know and when i get home to my 64bit machine ill make you a new file for testing.
« Last Edit: 2011-12-15 15:42:03 by sithlord48 »

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2011-12-15 15:28:19 »
yes, it seems so.
I can't find anything else, and you can trust me on that one, I tried ;)

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2011-12-15 18:36:06 »
O.K., I will try to compile it right now from trunk folder... if I can find the trunk folder :D

--- edit ---

O.K. I just downloaded the svn, but do you by any chance know the command you use to compile out of the blue?

Thank you

--- edit 2 ---

ok, silly me, I've just seen it's qt, so it's compiling right now

--- edit 3 ---

O.K., just checked, and it works :)
I'll check if I find other problems for the next few hours, but right now everything seems nice.

Ow, just one question though, Is it possible to have an option that permits to save anywhere?

--- edit 4 ---

so, The copy function works, but I can't use it ingame after that, and I think that's because in the "other" tab, the region tag says SCES-00868FF7- instead of BESCES-00868FF7-.

I'll check in the sources if I can find the mistake

--- edit 5 ---

For now I wasn't able to find the problem, but it takes time to understand one's code, so I keep digging :)

I must confess this is fun for me :)
« Last Edit: 2011-12-15 20:18:33 by Merlin09 »

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2011-12-16 00:36:31 »
@sithlord48

im so sorry but the save that i uploaded was my original unedited save heres the real one

www.megaupload.com/?d=EUREN0SN 

this save is the actual edited file and again im sorry i sent you the wrong file

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2011-12-16 03:26:51 »
Didn't this relate the Copy - Paste Slot problem?
« Last Edit: 2011-12-16 03:45:56 by Asa »

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2011-12-16 03:38:55 »
No my problem is that I am unable to update the check-sums for saves edited by black chocobo because I don't have the stuff required to update it and sithlord48 is able to as busy as he is

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2011-12-16 08:15:14 »
Hi sithlord48,

your last binary doesn't work for me.

Well, it works, it fixes the BE at the beginning of BESCES..., and everything seems fine in blackchocobo, but when in game, the newly copied save does not appear.
It seems Asa is right, when I copy the slot 1 in the slot 2, and then I look into my virtual memory card with pcsx, the slot 1 appears as S01 but the slot 2 appears as S2 instead of S02. This may do the trick.
I'll give a shot at finding something, but I've not been that successfull for the time being.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #535 on: 2011-12-16 17:03:52 »
updated the trunk . if you can see if it works better .. is it always just slot#2? , i slightly modified the paste function if it is misbehaving ill just have to do it the slightly longer and more explicit way.

i've also removed all translations for the keyboard shotrcuts. and updated the translations (so they are removed) and added asa's lang update. ill try to check on later and see if its now working correctly.

@ ragnarok, if i remember ill sign your file when i get home.

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2011-12-16 17:42:46 »
Awesome thx so much and sorry for making u do this again

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2011-12-17 02:01:45 »
When paste to 10th slot, S01 allocated. Duplicated number slot will be ignored in game.
Other slots are OK.

And new Japanese file Black Chocobo JA 12-17

Best Regards,
« Last Edit: 2011-12-17 02:06:08 by Asa »

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2011-12-17 13:27:58 »
sorry I didn't try yet, because I have other things to do, but I'll try to do it this evening or tomorrow.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #539 on: 2011-12-17 14:47:21 »
there explict switch time... will update trunk

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2011-12-17 15:37:40 »
@sithlord i can get the .psv file to be read by my ps3 but i cant copy it off of my usb cause it keeps saying "the data is corrupted" any ideas on how to fix it?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #541 on: 2011-12-17 15:52:21 »
i copied it from my ps3 to the usb stick so it should be signed. just besure you have the correct one, they all have very similar names. other then that i have no suggestion. that is the exact behavor of incorrectly signed saves.

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2011-12-17 15:54:42 »
are the FF7 .psv files case-sensitive on names?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #543 on: 2011-12-17 15:57:01 »
they are all Caps , just about any file from the ps3. idk if they are case sensitive but just in case make them all caps.

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2011-12-17 15:58:06 »
wait never mind i just re-downloaded it and tried again and now it copied off fine   :evil:

black_roses

« Reply #545 on: 2011-12-18 00:04:22 »
Hey Sithlord48

is there no other way around to make a save file to psp?
or do i have to buy a ps3 for that?

just wondering =)

but you´ve made an awsome work with your save game editor!
been usin it since 1.5, and played on my laptop =)
but the psp would be easier to travel with :P

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2011-12-18 03:44:01 »
Paste slot function of SVN's works well.
Thank you.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #547 on: 2011-12-18 14:38:07 »
Hey Sithlord48

is there no other way around to make a save file to psp?
or do i have to buy a ps3 for that?

just wondering =)

but you´ve made an awsome work with your save game editor!
been usin it since 1.5, and played on my laptop =)
but the psp would be easier to travel with :P

i think if you look in the FAQ there is another way to get psp to sign the file , im not sure because i don't have a psp to try with .

i can't seam to find it in the thread but -Ric- had writting how he gets files back to his psp (also going to add to the FAQ, right now)

Quote from: -Ric-
How to edit your Final Fantasy 7 PSP save files with Black Chocobo (Custom Firmware only)

Requirements:

A Playstation Portable with custom firmware (i did the tests on 6.60 but it should work fine on any)
CWCHEAT plugin.
Usb cable/Memory Card reader (should be obvious why..)
Winrar (or any other extracting program)

HOW TO:

1st you need to download CWCHEAT.. You can use this link if you want just the plugin for the save editing: http://www.mediafire.com/?uz4fn4qvinwc748

Or you can use this one incase you want the full version of CWCHEAT which allows you to add/use cheat codes on playstation portable/playstation games: http://www.mediafire.com/?osxfb4i4s86406q

after the download is complete, connect your psp to the computer and go to: G:\seplugins
Note: its G:\ on my computer but it can be any other letter on yours.

Then extract the CWCHEAT file with winrar or any other program you chose to use, open the seplugins folder from the extracted archieve and you will have another folder called "cwcheat"
(which contains 3 folders and 4 files)

Move that cwcheat folder to the playstation memory card under the location mentioned before (G:\seplugins)

After that, on your seplugins folder in the PSP memory card, there should be a file called "pops.txt"
Open it on notepad and add this line to it: ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1
Exactly like that!

Now unplug the playstation portable from the computer and start Final Fantasy 7 on it

After the game is on the "New Game/Load Game" screen, Press and HOLD the select key for some seconds until a screen like this appears: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5EjlNYy8SjA/SXKIsBhPgtI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/1RJiNNltOtU/s320/cwcheat-01.jpg

Then click on "Manage Memory Cards"
and chose "Save memory card 1 to memory stick"

then you should see below "Last operation: OK!!"

now leave the cwcheat menu and exit the game.

Connect the psp to the computer again and open black chocobo
click on File>open and then chose the extracted save on your psp memory card that should be on E:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc

edit it however you wish and then File>Save on Black Chocobo.

unplug the PSP from the computer and run final fantasy 7 on it

Once again, when on the "New Game/Load Game" screen, hold the select key for a few seconds until the CWCHEAT shows up and go to Manage Memory Cards

Then click on "Load Memory Card 1 from memory stick" and the last operation should say OK!!

Exit the CWCHEAT menu, click on load game and voila, your edited save file will be there 

godlik3

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2011-12-19 05:57:51 »
i edited my save file but it doesnt change when i load the game up so what did i do wrong?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2011-12-19 11:09:34 »
1. What platform are you using?
2. What did you change?