Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007846 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #300 on: 2014-03-18 18:52:49 »
The problem with 2012 videos is the colour looks washed out.  If I recall, the reason this happens is that the conversion from psx video format is done wrong.   That java based tool does it properly.  It's too late now...  all those 2012 vids have the wrong colour, so it's either use my fmv that look poor in motion , or use 2012 that have worse audio and colour.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-18 18:54:22 by DLPB »

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2014-03-18 19:29:47 »
Clearly the madVR renderer just needs to be integrated into Aali's custom driver, so we can use its nice features like 3DLUTs, error diffusion dithering and smooth motion ;)

More realistically, perhaps you could use some sort of avisynth-based smooth motion algorithm on your fmvs?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2014-03-18 20:46:24 »
Well, my FMV had a flaw. Using fractals for video is not a good idea, because the edges move out so give a bending effect (yup that was a LOT of hours down the pan).  Also, the originals are long gone (massive files).  So...  it's either someone shows me a way to do filtering like 2012 did... or...   shaders.

Anyone have any idea what virtualdub filters they used to make 2012 vids?

Rumbah

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2014-03-18 22:59:43 »
If it was just a wrong color conversion you can change the yuv to rgb in the shader conversion to equalize it (you might get a little bit banding but i doubt it). I'll have a look into it. That way only the movies are affected.

Someone here did a color conversion for the 2012 movies an reencoded them. You can use those, too.

EDIT: Wait, I just remembered, wasn't it just a fault in the latest Aalis driver shader? Is it still wrong with the following yuv.frag:

Code: [Select]
#version 110

uniform sampler2D y_tex;
uniform sampler2D u_tex;
uniform sampler2D v_tex;

uniform bool full_range;

const mat3 mpeg_rgb_transform = mat3(
1.164,  1.164,  1.164,
0.0,   -0.392,  2.017,
1.596, -0.813,  0.0
);

const mat3 jpeg_rgb_transform = mat3(
1.0,  1.0,   1.0,
0.0, -0.343, 1.765,
1.4, -0.711, 0.0
);

void main()
{
float y = texture2D(y_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x;
float u = texture2D(u_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x - 0.5;
float v = texture2D(v_tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st).x - 0.5;
vec3 yuv_color = vec3(y, u, v);
vec4 rgba_color;

if(full_range) rgba_color = vec4(jpeg_rgb_transform * yuv_color, 1.0);
else
{
yuv_color.x = yuv_color.x - (1.0 / 16.0);
rgba_color = vec4(mpeg_rgb_transform * yuv_color, 1.0);
}

gl_FragColor = rgba_color;
}

Or did you mean the original 2012 release without Aalis driver?
« Last Edit: 2014-03-18 23:02:14 by Rumbah »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2014-03-19 00:11:26 »
Thanks!  I'll look into that.

In meantime, I think they used Neat Video to do the noise filtering.  Seems to clean it up pretty good.

Rextor

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2014-03-24 18:20:42 »
Could you include an additional options section that highlights your other projects? That would at least let others know how to further improve their experience.

tesbee

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2014-03-25 01:57:43 »
hi
can this use for ff7 remake 2012

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2014-03-25 03:53:52 »
hi
can this use for ff7 remake 2012

First of all, it's not a remake, it's just a re-release.  Yes, you can use this with it.  But, you have to convert it to the original version, first.  Look here:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.0

OR, you can wait for the next version of Reunion, which I believe will work with the 2012 version without needing to convert it, first.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2014-03-25 19:26:38 »
People need to start reading before posting.  :)

Abunai

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2014-03-27 00:21:46 »
When I talk to the old man in Rocket Town (the one that gives you the Yoshiyuki) and select "Look up", Cloud shakes his head as if I had selected "Don't look up". Is there a way to fix this or am I out of luck in getting the Yoshiyuki?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2014-03-27 00:23:12 »
This is a known bug, repeated at least 8 times in this thread.  Wait for Reunion 2.  There isn't much you can do unless someone here explains a small fix with Makou Reactor.  There are a few of these option bugs in the game with Reunion 1.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2014-03-27 00:27:25 »
To clarify, options are mixed around. Throughout the game, just pick the opposite of what you want to do until the next release.

Abunai

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2014-03-27 01:04:47 »
This is a known bug, repeated at least 8 times in this thread.  Wait for Reunion 2.  There isn't much you can do unless someone here explains a small fix with Makou Reactor.  There are a few of these option bugs in the game with Reunion 1.
Oh, okay. Will my save file be compatible with Reunion 2?

To clarify, options are mixed around. Throughout the game, just pick the opposite of what you want to do until the next release.
I did try that, but both of the options are "no", apparently.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2014-03-27 01:13:14 »
Hey Dan could implement a 'use a different language package option' for the future? I think it's a good idea for other translators who wish to translate the game in their language and for people who wants an all at once installment. Well with this in mind may be a detection for Anxious Heart and your FMV project would be a good option, too. This makes things easier (at last for those who are requesting for a complete pack, I guess) and you don't have to create a new version because of a missing dot, because you could use the different language package for yourself as well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2014-03-27 08:34:13 »
Adding language options would be a task of insurmountable odds.  I'm afraid I won't support anything other than English.  :)

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #315 on: 2014-03-29 01:21:19 »
I did try that, but both of the options are "no", apparently.

In the case of getting the Yoshiyuki (original translation name), you're out of luck until the second release. If you're going for a perfect complete, just chalk it up to impossible due to a bug and consider it gotten. This is one case where picking the alternate option doesn't help, but thankfully it's not a game breaker.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2014-03-29 08:39:54 »
There is a way around it by fixing flevel with Makou.  If you really  MUST get it.  There was no way to test out the entire game so I left it to users to find those lovely bugs :P 

Or simply add it with Black Chocobo and consider it gotten.

AceClover

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2014-04-04 08:19:46 »
Hi, first of all I would like to thank you all for the job done and apologize, I'm not a native english speaker.

I've a question about the next release and the Steam support.

I'm fine with the old graphics and music but the translation is just terrible (finished FFVII eight times in 17 years and I realized 2 month ago that Jesse was a girl... spanish version is even worse). So I would know if the R02 will be incompatible with achievements and  cloud saving even if i just install the Beacause mod (I know convert steam version to pc version lose achievementes and cloud saving, dont know about your release).

Btw sorry if that was posted before, I searched and didnt find.

Thank you so much! :D

« Last Edit: 2014-04-04 08:21:46 by AceClover »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2014-04-04 17:40:16 »
Beacause R02 should work on the Steam version without conversion (AFAIK, that's the only part of Reunion that will work with the Steam version). DLPB does not own FF7 on Steam, so it was originally not even a consideration, but I have worked with him in testing and providing information about how it's different on Steam to make this happen. Hell, if he hadn't added it, I would've found one way or another to make it work myself.

Due to SecuROM, Beacause will likely never work with the 2012 Square-Enix store version.

AceClover

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2014-04-04 20:32:50 »
Good news for me. I tried to do it by myself but I'm kinda newbie with all the modding FFVII thing.

I copied Steam version to other folder, converted to PC version, applied Beacause (tested it works) and then copied the lang-en folder and replaced the original Steam game with that, but it didn't work.

Anyway thank you so much for answering, do you have some estimation about when will be ready the R02?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2014-04-04 20:57:52 »
I copied Steam version to other folder, converted to PC version, applied Beacause (tested it works) and then copied the lang-en folder and replaced the original Steam game with that, but it didn't work.
There's more to it than that. Some files are in different places depending on the version, and some files are renamed. Furthermore, some of the changes Beacause makes are to the exe. I wouldn't even try until the updated installer is released, though, because the selection bug in dialogue makes the game rather annoying to play anyway; this bug will be released in R02.

Unfortunately, only DLPB can give an estimate for the update's release. While the Steam support is ready to go, last I heard the selection bug still hasn't been fixed.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2014-04-05 01:10:14 »
I got sidetracked updating all my programs to date.  But those are done now, and so when I am not working, I am updating Reunion.  It shouldn't be too long now.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2014-04-09 05:35:16 »
I got sidetracked updating all my programs to date.  But those are done now, and so when I am not working, I am updating Reunion.  It shouldn't be too long now.

Nice!

So looking forward to R02!

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2014-04-09 05:50:46 »

I am really looking forward to it, godspeed good sir!

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2014-04-12 09:22:18 »
Hi !
Maybe it's nothin to do in this tread but Reunion install overwrites colored items, cause files in Reunion/menu folder like 'btl_win_a_l_01.png' doesn't contain the colored items, but blank.
And if I replace with the bootleg ones, it will break the formatting in the text in game.
Is tehre a way to have it anyway with Reunion ?