Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008170 times)

luksy

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R01)
« Reply #425 on: 2014-07-24 08:30:28 »
As DLPB said the only semi-official explanation is in Ultimania, which states that as Holy is too late the collision between Holy and Meteor will happen too close to the planet, so it's not wrong to say it's having the opposite effect (i.e. it would be better at this point for Meteor to just collide) although perhaps it can be phrased better.

Think of it as a crash between two cars: if one is stationary the energy released by the crash will be less than if both are travelling towards each other (assuming the speed of the first car is the same in both cases).

Quite how this release of energy is worse than simply letting Meteor smash into the planet isn't explained either in Ultimania or the game, so this is what we're left with. We can only assume some kind of magic cataclysm.

« Last Edit: 2014-07-24 08:32:09 by luksy »

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2014-07-24 09:33:48 »
You guys' attention to detail is kind of incredible. I never batted an eye at that line. I can only guess the final product will be all the more incredible for it. And I'm adding a happy face here because I did read the FAQ about all the arguments and I am very far from meaning to be starting that up :)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2014-07-24 14:21:04 »
As DLPB said the only semi-official explanation is in Ultimania, which states that as Holy is too late the collision between Holy and Meteor will happen too close to the planet, so it's not wrong to say it's having the opposite effect (i.e. it would be better at this point for Meteor to just collide) although perhaps it can be phrased better.

Think of it as a crash between two cars: if one is stationary the energy released by the crash will be less than if both are travelling towards each other (assuming the speed of the first car is the same in both cases).

Quite how this release of energy is worse than simply letting Meteor smash into the planet isn't explained either in Ultimania or the game, so this is what we're left with. We can only assume some kind of magic cataclysm.

Then have the animators done a bad job. Because Holy looks like a shield and not like a counter force.
But honestly the whole speech of Red is redundant. Because that the planet would be deadly injured was clear since the Temple. I think it would make more sense if he would say "That's no good. If Holy collapse things might get worse. This wouldn't only injured the planet this would kill him!", but again this project was meant as a translation not as a story correction.  :-X

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2014-07-24 16:54:35 »
The animation ending is pretty bad, yes..  what it should be showing is Holy blocking Meteor, but a reaction that is damaging the planet because it is too close to the ground.

I am almost certain that the line "opposite effect" is saying as Ultimania describes.  It's just a very very literal line in English.

Dr. Horribad PhD

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2014-07-25 05:02:07 »
I'm really looking forward to R02!! You guys have done a stellar job on Because from what I've seen. I just bought FF7 (again) for Steam when I read R02 was almost ready for release. I can't wait to dive into FF7 again for the millionth time and earn that Materia Overlord achievement!!  ;D

Just wondering though, edit: nvm I read the thread again
« Last Edit: 2014-07-25 07:22:09 by Dr. Horribad PhD »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #430 on: 2014-07-25 15:18:58 »
The animation ending is pretty bad, yes..  what it should be showing is Holy blocking Meteor, but a reaction that is damaging the planet because it is too close to the ground.

I am almost certain that the line "opposite effect" is saying as Ultimania describes.  It's just a very very literal line in English.

"opposite effect" in this context seems to mean more "side-effect" or "unintended consequence"... but "making things worse" sure does work and make things simpler.

Reaper24

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2014-07-27 13:30:10 »
Download link is dead. Is there an alternative link?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2014-07-27 13:33:18 »
It's prob best waiting for R02...  although I do remember adding a link earlier in this thread.

Reaper24

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2014-07-27 13:49:23 »
Yeah, I just found a link a couple pages back. I'll listen to your advice and wait for R02, though.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2014-07-27 16:15:38 »
Another of the fun facts this project brought up (I think it was Luksy who researched this one):

This is where Final Fantasy's Chocobo name originates. The Japanese snack Chocoball. The noise Chocobos make "Kweh" is also based on the advert jingle.  You can hear them singing "Kweh".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6A7DL2_M-0

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #435 on: 2014-07-27 16:21:15 »
lol Ryan Higa look alike

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #436 on: 2014-07-28 13:26:40 »
I dunno how much room there is, but it'd be ideal to put the full credits in there. While DLPB and Luksy were obviously the big players in this, there are seven names with definite attachments to the project (eight if you count Michael Baskett, which you really should since some of his lines remain intact even in Beacause).

What do you think?  :roll:

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2014-07-28 13:44:40 »
How about placing the names along the bombing mission like it's done in the metal gear games? When a certain point is passed a variable will be checked and then a borderless window will pop up with the name of the project member and his department. I would also separate Michael Baskett from Luksy and DLPB, so he will mentioned as original translator and Luksy and DLPB as new translators.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2014-07-28 13:50:35 »
How about placing the names along the bombing mission like it's done in the metal gear games? When a certain point is passed a variable will be checked and then a borderless window will pop up with the name of the project member and his department. I would also separate Michael Baskett from Luksy and DLPB, so he will mentioned as original translator and Luksy and DLPB as new translators.

That would be great but I believe it involves some coding skills in order to insert all those borderless windows, variables etc, don't you think?

Ok I'll separate Michael in a different line:

« Last Edit: 2014-07-29 13:41:05 by Green_goblin »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2014-07-28 14:14:16 »
Not really. You can make a location in Makou Reactor, you will need to set two points with its coordinates (here we would need Ochu to get them).
So when the player walks over the location it should work as follow:
If Credits = 0 then  add 1 to Credits and open a window and place the text XY for 6 seconds, then close the window; else go to label one. Resume.
Credits will be the variable we use ,so we make sure it the window wont pop up when we walk over the point again. The only problem I see is that a window will pop up and a random battle will start right after it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2014-07-28 15:24:35 »
while i like the idea of an MGS style opening... the truth is that is corrupting the actual game.  A much better way can probably be devised that displays the text before the first FMV is displayed.  Failing that, I can just code the credits into the Soldier at the start of the game, if the user clicks on him 3 times.  So for me personally, I won't add it into the main gameplay that is likely to be seen.  I think it also comes across as rather egotistical / tacky...  :-D
« Last Edit: 2014-07-28 15:29:27 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2014-07-28 15:38:02 »
Most work but cleanest result is to modify the credits roll before the game that nobody watches, and the credits FMV at the end that nobody watches either.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2014-07-28 16:31:43 »
Then we bump it on the buster sword background so everyone has to see it.  :evil:

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2014-07-28 16:51:39 »
Then we bump it on the buster sword background so everyone has to see it.  :evil:

In the PSX it's a tiny picture and there is no room for all those credits  :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2014-07-28 17:40:22 »
In other news... We've finalized the ending text.  At least, I think it's final.

Code: [Select]
...Lifestream?
...I think I understand it now.
What?
The planet's answer...
The Promised Land...
I think we can meet her there.
Yeah, let's go meet her.
Hey, where is everyone?
Heeeeeeeey!
Thank goodness they're all safe!
Looks like they're okay, too.
But... now what're we gonna do?
Holy will be moving soon, won't it?
Then, this place will...
Oh, Lady Luck, don't fail me now!
SHIT!
The flower lady?
Hey, hey, hey!
What's gonna happen to Midgar?
We can't let this happen! [Considered "This is gettin' serious!" among others... but doesn't look right in scene.  So liberty taken.]
Ah had everyone evacuate tae the slums. [This is Scottish dialect.  It is not a spelling mistake]
But the way things are noo... [This is Scottish dialect.  It is not a spelling mistake]
It's no use...
Meteor got too close.
Now Holy is just making matters worse.
Forget Midgar!
What about the planet!?
What's that!?
The hell IS that?
...The Lifestream.
It's coming.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 00:09:21 by DLPB »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2014-07-28 18:25:47 »
Scottish dialect there looks fine and so does the rest of it; no additions required :)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-28 18:27:37 by Prince Lex »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2014-07-28 19:08:51 »
Well that brings to an end the last piece of text...  So I'll render the video as soon as Luksy has a look over :)

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2014-07-29 07:22:51 »
I really like the retranslation for the ending text.

Well done, guys!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #448 on: 2014-07-29 14:29:10 »
I'm pretty excited folks!!! Anticipating the complete re-translation project!

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2014-07-29 21:46:46 »
Congratulations, everybody.