Author Topic: FFVII MUSIC REMASTERED!!!!  (Read 23498 times)

shazman1984

• View Profile
FFVII MUSIC REMASTERED!!!!
« on: 2008-12-22 13:33:57 »
Sup everybody, well i was recently doing the ficedula music mod for ff7, and i realized the original music quality is poor. now i know there's the advent children tracks, and oc remixes, techno remixes, and live performance versions etc. etc. etc. but they aren't enough to replace the whole soundtrack, plus all different style remixes together doesn't give the game a smooth experience. so i decided to remaster all 85 tracks!!! no funky remixes, just keeping the original orchestrated feel, but with much higher quality. I'm glad to report I'm about 25% complete. It'll take quite a while to finish though. I'll upload a demo soon.

****okay, here's a demo:  http://rapidshare.com/files/175804137/FFVII_Soundtrack_Remasterd_Demo.mp3

and yea, hell of alot of work. i want to compose music for games, so this is training for me i guess. send me some feed back, go easy, i lack a studio.

HERES JENOVA COMPLETED.

http://rapidshare.com/files/181657959/J-E-N-O-V-A.mp3
« Last Edit: 2009-01-11 14:26:53 by shazman1984 »

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
Re: FFVII MUSIC REMASTERED!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-22 14:43:46 »
Sounds awesome, also sounds like a lot of work.

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-22 15:00:11 »
Im shooting to finish sometime next month.... hopefully, some tracks are ridiculous :cry:
« Last Edit: 2008-12-22 15:31:50 by shazman1984 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-12-22 16:19:45 »
Very good; I prefer orchestral style remixes to the techno that seems to be popular. There's someone on youtube who has done something similar, but it hasn't been released yet.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-22 16:29:45 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-12-22 16:37:10 »
i wonder if they plan to do all 85. the more the merrier. itll push me to do better.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2008-12-22 17:01:05 »
Prelude - Very nice here. Bad Synth out Harp in. This wins.
Hurry - The ticking was a little too loud and made the off-beat melody sound more off-beat than usual
AVALANCHE Theme - Good job. Sounds like the original with better instruments :D
Tifa's Theme - Too soft. I don't mean the volume. The original was some synth flute and you made it a violin with flowing notes. Make the notes more harsh or change it back to a flute.
Battle theme - Missing the mechanical edge in the background. Notes need to be more defined I would assume
Turks theme - Sounded good until the Bass came in. Alternating the left/right audio channels hurt my ears when I was wearing headphones
Boss battle theme - This was my least favorite. I don't mind the orchestral sounds, but this really does require a metal guitar as the melody
I can't remember the names of the next two, but I liked what you did with them. :)
ShinRa Corp theme - I like the power this suddenly gave the theme. This is good too.
Overworld - I love even the original of this and almost all remixes end up the same, but still very nice.

I really like what I hear. I can't wait to hear the rest.

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-12-22 17:10:53 »
thanks!! truely appreciate the feedback. the fighting themes are definitely the difficult ones. a  good sounding heavy guitar is tough to emulate, but ill try.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-12-22 19:47:12 »
NFIT's comments are fine, those guidelines are what you should follow... just out of curiosity, what programs are you using?

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-12-22 19:56:42 »
reason, cakewalk, philharmonik, sampletank, the grand 2, native world instruments, real guitar labs, and a bunch of small VSTs. oh, and a really really really crappy laptop that i want to smash.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-12-22 20:35:51 »
keep up the good work! I'm workin on a project that this would work well with.. it'll get a thread soon... but i'm just startin to mod ff7, so once i got one thing working it'll b a long haul. I was just thinking of having a mod like this about a day ago. a proper music mod would require tracks made for the sake of modding. I'm glad your trying to stick to the same style of the game, its great. Also, make sure your files split up the same way as they do in the game, so it loops properly... take the midi files out and make yer remastered version based on the clip, then reinsert.

burnloungaz

• www.burnloungaz.synthasite.com
    • View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #10 on: 2008-12-22 23:12:21 »
sensational work. i am posotivly impressed.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-12-22 23:14:42 »
Wow you're making an awesome work!!
that demo sounds really cool

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-12-23 00:17:15 »
timu sumisu, im intrigued to know what ur working on, but ill wait. yea, im building each song so they loop perfectly. its all for the sake of modding.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-12-23 03:06:47 »
Sounds interesting.  And your demo was really good(though I agree to NFITC1's comment).  Hope I can hear more.  Oh, and.. maybe you can consider to make them mo3.

**I was once crazy enough to output almost all midis from FF7PC to WAVs via softsynth.. for my own use.

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-12-23 03:19:46 »
they'll be in mp3. oh, has anyone here sucessfully replaced the opening bombing mission song? i tried naming the file oa.mp3 and ob.mp3, no luck.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-12-23 05:36:51 »
oa is the music played for the opening.  Nothing more.  ob is Bombing Mission.  If you're trying to replace the music played in the opening and it just won't work, that *suggests* that it's impossible to do so for whatever reason (I've never bothered to replace oa, so I'm taking a shot in the dark here).

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-12-23 05:58:59 »
ohh, i was thinking oa was the opening + the bombing mission. so ob is what im really trying to replace.... although, still unsuccessful.

Karac

« Reply #17 on: 2008-12-23 15:35:55 »
I've experience with Reason, recording engineering, and composition. I'm not trying to steal any thunder here, but damn man, I would have a blast helping you out on this. As for the metal crunch missing out of some of the battle music, I've an electric guitar with pedals stacked up to my knees...with about 6 years experience on guitar.

If you would like some help with this, let me know and I'd love to redo the boss music to show what I'm capable of as a starting point.

Very nice stuff, BTW. I noticed you love the reverb ;)  I don't think it works too well for the battle music, however. I'm guessing it's to mask some of the cheesier sounding bites out of Orkster? Either way, I think this is a fantastic idea and would love to help out. Unless you are doing nothing but working on this, getting 85 tracks done in a month sounds like a stretch. I know how much work can go into this stuff, and from what I've heard so far from the demo, you intend to do a good jaerb.

Best Regards,
     Karac

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-12-23 19:19:39 »
karac, the guitar is much needed. i would like to hear what your capable of, although im sure you could teach me a few things on sound. ive never set foot in a studio.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-12-24 05:28:22 »
ohh, i was thinking oa was the opening + the bombing mission. so ob is what im really trying to replace.... although, still unsuccessful.

Still unsuccessful?  Having trouble replacing just ob or every song?  If it's the former, then that's really, really weird...

If it's the latter, then it can be safely blamed on a badly configured FF7Music.  Do you need any guidance?

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-12-24 05:52:48 »

Still unsuccessful?  Having trouble replacing just ob or every song?  If it's the former, then that's really, really weird...

If it's the latter, then it can be safely blamed on a badly configured FF7Music.  Do you need any guidance?

well here's the thing. i can get all songs to play, but the bombing mission song doesnt play when cloud jumps out the train in the beginning. however, the first boss fight uses the bombing mission song, and it successfully plays there.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-12-24 15:32:38 »
I'm not expert on modding sound er anything... but can we hear another sample of your work?

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-12-24 21:03:38 »
christmas has me busy, ill have something new up soon.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-12-25 06:41:07 »
for the boss battle, listen to the black mages version of "those who fight further". Compared to a lot of their songs, it feels pretty close to what it was supposed to be like in game. Good instrumentation, note the keyboards and guitar.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-12-25 12:01:49 »
@shazman1984

I'm sorry, but the issue you're having is really bizarre.  It has to do with your FF7Music configuration settings most likely, but I wouldn't know what to change.  Maybe you'll receive more help if you posted something in the STICKY FF7Music thread.  I wish I could help you more.

Merry Christmas by the way! (if you celebrate it :-))